Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,431 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

Babatunde Undergoes Surgery In Abuja - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Babatunde Undergoes Surgery In Abuja (627 Views)

Vincent Enyeama Undergoes Recovery In His House / Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? / Ronaldinho Undergoes Surgery To Fix Teeth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Babatunde Undergoes Surgery In Abuja by stam101(m): 7:27pm On Jul 11, 2014
Recuperating Super Eagles midfielder, Babatunde Michael, has revealed that the greatest takeaway of his participation in the ongoing Brazil FIFA World Cup was playing against the likes of Argentina and FC Barcelona sensation, Lionel Messi and his teammate, Angel Di Marria.

While describing it as a dream come through and fulfillment of his football carrier, Babatunde also commended the President, Goodluck Jonathan, the Minister of Sports and the leadership of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) for the tremendous support given to him while passing through the injury challenges.

“Doctors told me that it will take me one month to recover from this injury. I have already undergone a successful surgery to correct the fracture in my hand. My club knows everything about the injury and we have being in constant touch. They have wished me well and they are ready to receive me whenever I get well and return to the team.

“Playing at the World Cup was a fulfilled dream to me because I have always believed that the day I play against the like of Lionel Messi, Angel Di Maria would be the highest point of my football carrier.

“Everything was okay for me because at my age, playing as the youngest player in the Nigerian team was a very big life achievement, which I would rely on to do well in my future career for both my club and the national team. It was so amazing, I prayed for this and God answered me.”

“I would like to say a big thank you to President Jonathan, the Minister of Sports and the leadership of the NFF for standing by me during my injury at the World Cup group match against Argentina.  With the type of support I have received so far from the government and Nigerians, I cannot do but promise to give my best to the Super Eagles whenever I am called up to represent my country.

“I was filled with joy when Big Boss told me that I would start the match against Bosnia because I never thought I would make the World Cup team, let alone making the starting list. But, I know I worked very hard during training and I am still a young boy that has just started in the game.

“I wanted to use my surprise inclusion to the Super Eagles World Cup squad to prove that I rightly deserved a place in the team and I thank God that I was able to make that despite the injury I sustained,” he noted.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=71628

Re: Babatunde Undergoes Surgery In Abuja by slimthugchimee(m): 7:46pm On Jul 11, 2014
Because of gej our people have started coming home for medication soon it will be politicians GEJ TILL 2019

(1) (Reply)

Supersports Flogs Of The World Cup, Did You Agree With Them / Arsenal 0:1 New York Red Bulls / Football Preditons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.