Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,589 members, 7,958,821 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 03:35 AM

The Spirit Of Forgiveness - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Spirit Of Forgiveness (516 Views)

Woman Delivered From The 'spirit Of Madness' At Lagos Church (Photos) / The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. / The Question Of Forgiveness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Spirit Of Forgiveness by yommyuk: 8:03am On Jul 12, 2014
Why is it challenging for us to follow a godly path? Two conflicting tendencies exist within every believer: the patterns of the corrupted old self—or “the flesh”—and the righteousness of a new nature in Christ. The quality of forgiveness, or the lack of it, will largely determine which tendency prevails in our lives.

The inevitable result of unforgiveness is anger, bitterness, and malice. By refusing to forgive, we allow the old flesh nature to dominate and produce its poisonous fruit. Every area of our life is affected when we refuse to extend to others the pardon Christ so generously extended to us—in essence, we are treating those around us as we would never want the Lord to treat us. Thankfully, His mercy toward us has no limit.

Although the pain and injustice of an offense can break our heart or damage our sense of self-worth, a refusal to forgive denies God the opportunity to redeem the hurt. We want Him to change the offender and make him sorry for what he has done, but the Lord wants to transform us. Forgiveness frees us to live in our new Christ like nature and enables us to see others through eyes of grace and mercy.

As believers, we all long to exhibit the qualities of our new nature, but the Lord can produce them only if we are willing to exchange offenses and grudges for tender hearts that forgive. Something has to change—let it be you.

Isaiah 43:18
"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past.

Romans 8:1
There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.

Galatians 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Philippians 3:13-15
Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Let those of us who are mature think this way, and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal that also to you.

Hebrews 12:1-2
Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God

IT IS WELL. GOD BLESS wink
Re: The Spirit Of Forgiveness by Smartsyn(m): 8:07am On Jul 12, 2014
it's easy to be said, but very hard to be done.
Not when somebody has pierce your heart with a two edged sword. Especially someone you call your friend.
Re: The Spirit Of Forgiveness by yommyuk: 8:10am On Jul 12, 2014
Smartsyn: it's easy to be said, but very hard to be done.
Not when somebody has pierce your heart with a two edged sword. Especially someone you call your friend.

Very true. But it is better to let go than hold on to the offence. Learn from what happened and guide against it occurring again

To run a marathon is very diffocult, but those who develop endurance and determination find it easier to bear.

cheers.
Cheers wink
Re: The Spirit Of Forgiveness by itstpia1: 7:09pm On Oct 20, 2014

(1) (Reply)

"Enough Is Enough!!!" - Witches & Wizards Declare War On BOKO HARAM / "Does The Bible Teach Believer’s Baptism/credobaptism?" / Where Did Get Cain Get His Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.