Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,489 members, 7,958,485 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:30 PM

The Military Slap - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Military Slap (658 Views)

I Tried A Fast Move On Her And Got A Stinging Slap (a Short Story) / The Slap That Changed My Life For Good! / And They Would Continue To Slap Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Military Slap by Tobi4oxide(m): 10:23am On Jul 12, 2014
The saying, that goes that "If a soldier slaps you, that is when you'd know that the police is your friend", is very valid. Infact, I need to buy whoever brought about that saying, a bottle of his favourite drink and a plate of pepper soup.
When I was very much younger, I happened to be a victim of a soldier's slap. It was sometime around 1999, if my 'memory card' has not gone bad, then I was a pupil of a military primary school, Depot National Academy, Zaria, Kaduna State.
On this fateful day, My younger brother and I went to school late, although we used to be regular latecomers, the soldiers in charge of latecomers made fire in a big pit and asked us and other latecomers to pick refuse around the school and throw into the fire. As I dropped my handful of refuse, then came a troubled wind, at 55°N, blowing from East to West at a velocity of 70M/S, (don't bother yourself with physics behind the wind), that blew off the refuse from the direction of the pit... GBOOOOOOOA!!! was what followed immediately, I guessed everybody around thought it was one of the explosives at the barracks, it was actually a resounding slap at the back of my neck from one of the soldiers. The slap thrusted me forward, if not for the good 'brake pads' of my rubber sandals, I would have fallen into the pit of fire. Then I raised my head and I saw everything around had gone frozen including the soldier that slapped me, even the birds flying in the sky ceased to flap their wings. For the rest of that day, it was if the man kept hitting me repeatedly. I couldn't get anything straight. As my teacher wrote on the chalkboard, all I could see was the Chinese symbols.
I know for sure that if he had used that magnitude of slap, he used on me, on a knocked internal combustion engine, it would send some power to the spark plug which would in turn cause the upward and downward strokes of the pistons and thereby, turning the crankshaft (in short, the engine would come back to life). I can not put words together enough to emphasize the Military slap.
Re: The Military Slap by Nobody: 11:04am On Jul 12, 2014
hehehehe....
Funny experience...

1 Like

Re: The Military Slap by Nobody: 11:08am On Jul 12, 2014
I was never a victim and will never be...

I'm sure any soldier that'll choose try that on me will see my generous side.

I'll give not just an equal quality bt a greater one well propelled ,
arranged, shaken and running over.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Bestselling Author Could Not Read Or Write Until In Her Mid-20s / Happy Birthday To Me / Some Of The Best Quotes In The World ... Add Yours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.