Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,894 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:47 PM

How Do We Stop This? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Do We Stop This? (1212 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do We Stop This? by seyola(m): 12:06am On Jul 13, 2014
Some days ago,burglar/thief broke into my compound at night.Burgled my carl.Made away with the Brain box,car stereo,ac contol knobs,the four glass/window controller and the two side mirrors.I learnt that ha been the trend of event in town now.The question is,who are the people buying these stolen items from these guys?Is it that our security cant do something to arrest this syndicate?
Re: How Do We Stop This? by HumanPsycho(m): 1:12am On Jul 13, 2014
Make use of high tech anti theft system. You ask who buys the item, innocent people like you ofcourse, you get to replace yours with another man's and the other guy gets yours and they make their gain thereby.

2 Likes

Re: How Do We Stop This? by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:42am On Jul 13, 2014
I think you need to change location (apartment, compound, house, area) this cannot happen even if I park on the street in my place. Hard luck.
Re: How Do We Stop This? by Lexusgs430: 10:00am On Jul 13, 2014
Wow, all the stolen items are definitely stolen to order. If you live in a state does not have a designated place to buy spare parts, and buyers keep requesting for items, this is what happens.
The biggest fear is, when you decide to replace it, you might be buying the parts that are stolen from another vehicle, and once replaced, they might return to steal them again.
This your case reminds me of polluting into someone's mouth and adding salt.
Re: How Do We Stop This? by TCD: 10:46am On Jul 13, 2014
You mean the thief had time to smash your windows, unscrew ur stereo, windows , side mirrors , pop open your bonnet remove your brain box and nobody heard anything in your compound? You guys must be heavy sleepers. Hm I think one has to get a car alarm . But can car alarms be fitted after-market I.e those without alarms from the factory? That I'd like to know.

1 Like

Re: How Do We Stop This? by seyola(m): 12:46pm On Jul 13, 2014
@All tks for your comments.@TCD,heavy sleeper not sure am one.Even from my school days,the whole thing is still a misery to me.Anyway, i was the only one at home.My son was down,on admission at hospital,my wife was with him.I came back late in the night,watched Brasil-germany match,even after the match, i couldnt sleep had to pick my system was playing with it till i dosed off.That should be around 1am or so.I posted this so that others can learn and put a kind of precautionary measures in place.
Re: How Do We Stop This? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jul 13, 2014
Sorry Bro I own the same car and would run mad if I meet mine in this state. Car security systems needs to be beefed up guess so as soon the car is touched it screams.

1 Like

Re: How Do We Stop This? by sultaan(m): 11:03pm On Jul 13, 2014
Maybe you should start looking at other brands like Mitsubishi Galant or Nissan Altima
Re: How Do We Stop This? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jul 13, 2014
sultaan: Maybe you should start looking at other brands like Mitsubishi Galant or Nissan Altima

You mean the glasses can't be broke and the car burgled?
Re: How Do We Stop This? by Lexusgs430: 11:28pm On Jul 13, 2014
cne010:

You mean the glasses can't be broke and the car burgled?

What I think he means is, the popularity of the brand is the attraction for this incident.
The less popular the brand, the safer.

2 Likes

Re: How Do We Stop This? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jul 13, 2014
Lexusgs430:

What I think he means is, the popularity of the brand is the attraction for this incident.
The less popular the brand, the safer.

True!!!

1 Like

Re: How Do We Stop This? by DECOtech(m): 6:23pm On Jul 14, 2014
Simply scribble your vehicle registration number on its windshield(front n rear), side mirrors, car radio, rear view mirror, headlights/rearlights, bumpers, rims, brain box, and on every removable. Its always a big turn off for car burglers. That the method I've been using. Though ur case just reminded me that I have done that on my brainbox yet and I will do that tomorrow. No long thing.
Re: How Do We Stop This? by 735i(m): 3:44am On Jul 15, 2014
Back then, happened to my dad's Mercedes about 3 times.... Till we got a Rottweiler... grin
My suggestion: buy a Rott.
Re: How Do We Stop This? by Lexusgs430: 12:45pm On Jul 15, 2014
735i: Back then, happened to my dad's Mercedes about 3 times.... Till we got a Rottweiler... grin
My suggestion: buy a Rott.

Till the thieves give it poisoned bone.
Re: How Do We Stop This? by 735i(m): 3:24pm On Jul 15, 2014
Lexusgs430:

Till the thieves give it poisoned bone.

LOL... well...they never thought about that and they did stop vandalising the car.
Re: How Do We Stop This? by Lexusgs430: 3:40pm On Jul 15, 2014
735i:

LOL... well...they never thought about that and they did stop vandalising the car.

Good thing for your Dads 3 pointed star, the dog etc etc etc

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Frame Rust Repair / Oil Indicator Lamb On The Dashboard Does Not Come On. / 10 Fastest Mercedes Benz Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.