Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,918 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

Oil Indicator Lamb On The Dashboard Does Not Come On. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Oil Indicator Lamb On The Dashboard Does Not Come On. (1230 Views)

See The Typical Dashboard Of Danfos In Lagos (PHOTOS) / WARNING!!! Don't Put Your Feet On The Dashboard Of Your Car (Video) / Help!!! My Engine Oil Indicator Is Showing While The Oil Is Guage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oil Indicator Lamb On The Dashboard Does Not Come On. by uwemjack(m): 11:05am On Oct 21, 2015
I need the help of gurus in the house.

The oil indicator lamp on my instrument cluster does not come on at all. When the key is in the on position with the engine off, its supposed to come on for a few seconds but it doesn't.

I have interchanged the bulbs and it still won't work so the problem is not with the bulb.
What other troubleshooting can I carry out, or what do I need to change.

Car is 1998 Camry v6, with 1mz-fe.

Cc. Sienna, gazzuzz, etc
Re: Oil Indicator Lamb On The Dashboard Does Not Come On. by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:19pm On Oct 21, 2015
uwemjack:
I need the hell of gurus in the house.

The oil indicator lamp on my instrument cluster does not come on at all. When the key is in the on position with the engine off, its supposed to come on for a few seconds but it doesn't.

I have interchanged the bulbs and it still won't work so the problem is not with the bulb.
What other troubleshooting can I carry out, or what do I need to change.

Car is 1998 Camry v6, with 1mz-fe.

Cc. Sienna, gazzuzz, etc

undecided
Re: Oil Indicator Lamb On The Dashboard Does Not Come On. by mayor2013: 3:37pm On Oct 21, 2015
Check your oil switch. Located close to the oil filter. A single strand of wire. It could have been chopped off

1 Like

Re: Oil Indicator Lamb On The Dashboard Does Not Come On. by uwemjack(m): 2:09pm On Oct 22, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

undecided

Bros I don correct am na
Re: Oil Indicator Lamb On The Dashboard Does Not Come On. by Nobody: 6:46pm On Oct 22, 2015
mayor2013:
Check your oil switch. Located close to the oil filter. A single strand of wire. It could have been chopped off

Good suggestion.

You can use a OHMS meter to test BUT if it were MY car I would ground the wire to see if the light comes on. This will tell me if the circuit is okay and the switch is bad.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Oil Indicator Lamb On The Dashboard Does Not Come On. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:12pm On Oct 22, 2015
[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0t_xndz-0qnzqWqteVewA1kyfKmXgwE4v0GQldgNrnp17i63f[/img]

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQy8BO1Lo2uT_mPOjaYFzSQ66Buhy-rAhLDpvtY-unDbWsnNU0Q[/img]

That's where you should be looking.

Search for the wire connecting the oil switch (single strand) and see if it's out of place. That oil switch is really rugged but we'll it's prone to failure so any thing can happen.
Re: Oil Indicator Lamb On The Dashboard Does Not Come On. by uwemjack(m): 12:43pm On Oct 23, 2015
mayor2013:

Thanks will check it dis weekend
Re: Oil Indicator Lamb On The Dashboard Does Not Come On. by uwemjack(m): 12:44pm On Oct 23, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Good suggestion.

You can use a OHMS meter to test BUT if it were MY car I would ground the wire to see if the light comes on. This will tell me if the circuit is okay and the switch is bad.

Good luck.

Thanks. I have d meter will try it out
Re: Oil Indicator Lamb On The Dashboard Does Not Come On. by uwemjack(m): 12:45pm On Oct 23, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0t_xndz-0qnzqWqteVewA1kyfKmXgwE4v0GQldgNrnp17i63f[/img]

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQy8BO1Lo2uT_mPOjaYFzSQ66Buhy-rAhLDpvtY-unDbWsnNU0Q[/img]

That's where you should be looking.

Search for the wire connecting the oil switch (single strand) and see if it's out of place. That oil switch is really rugged but we'll it's prone to failure so any thing can happen.

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

I Need An Advice On A 2005 Chrysler Pacifica AWD Limited SUV / Why You Should Always Monitor Your Drivers...a Tale Of The Landcruiser / Where I Can Repair Ecu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.