Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,567 members, 7,827,124 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

My Dubai Story With Pictures - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Dubai Story With Pictures (3466 Views)

2015 Top 10 Longest Bridges In Africa With Pictures / Curious About The Seychelles? Read My Trip Report With Pictures And Videos / My Journey From Nigeria To Dubai With Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Dubai Story With Pictures by Nobody: 3:55am On Jul 13, 2014
My first time of going to Dubai, We had 2 months winter holiday in Eastern Europe. So I decided to venture to the unknown (DUBAI) and look for a job that I could fist on for 4 (I don't mind missing lectures for 2 months) months then go back to my school, on first landing at Dubai airport I said to myself welcome to heaven after seeing the beautiful view of Dubai from my airplane not knowing that Dubai represents a word like this ""THE BEAUTY AND THE BEAST"" The airport very ok very nice in fact one of best airports in the world now! Then immigration cleared me I was even scanned at the port of entry. I decided that I will take a little time and walk around the airport Wow! it was like heaven on earth you will see many nationalities mostly Middle East, So now its time for me to go and behold the beauty of the town but I noticed something when I stepped out of the airport it was as if I am inside an oven and also I was hearing a lot noise, inside of me I concluded maybe the hot temperature is because of the power plant but wait a minute again I moved to the car pack to pick up a taxi ''oboi''I noticed that Dubai is hotter than most people said,,,As if that was not enough I approached a taxi man immediately he said ""DEIRA PARK" inside of me I was asking myself is this some kinda of popular hotel or something!! As a guy that don't know where he is going I said ""OK SIR"" lets roll, then we drove off!! I was then busy looking out for the skyscrapers wow! I said to myself again ""Welcome"". Brothers and Sister I was entirely drained when we finally get to a place called Deira Park, it was as if I was in some kinda of place in "OSHODI SALEH" I now begin to ask myself what are all this people doing here? I saw a lot of Nigerians chaiii this particular impression is not good at all for a guy coming to look for a job in Dubai I now start to ask myself what chances do I have to get a job here seeing my fellow "ZANGI" (blacks) everywhere as if I was in Naija... As if that one never do. I decided to check-in into a 4 star hotel there by the name "DEIRA PARK HOTEL"" To make things worst the price per night is nothing to write home about. I ended up paying to avoid being stranded. It was fun anyway for me but somehow bad for me also I learnt a lot of things there. Inside the hotel room I rested for about 2 hours then immediately I decided to start getting info on how to get a job here, I first met the Hotel receptionist, asked him a lot of questions about getting a job, brothers and sisters his answer was never encouraging. I went outside the hotel with my file dressed in suits, Again I behold the view of ''OSHODI'' I stopped a guy named Kunle and explained my ordeal to him. He then said that to get a job I have to pay 1000dirham for agency fee, Inside of me I laughed, I was at the same spot after talking with Kunle ""good heavens'' I saw a friend of mine back in Lagos as he was conveying goods with a truck,,Wow! I called the guy by his name ''James" as he was approaching me the next thing, he said to me "" NAH ONLY YOU WAKA COME"" at this stage I knew I'm pretty in good shit! This guy talked for about 30 minutes explaining the full meaning of Dubai to me. I now remembered what my friend told me back in Georgia "don't be surprised if you meet your grandfather in Dubai" After all my trials of getting a job in Dubai all proved abortive and also I only have 2 weeks to stay to get a job or go back to where I came from. My plans was that I could get a job and maybe stay there and work for like 4 months since I still have 8 months left on my Resident Card, So I wouldn't mind missing lectures for like 2 months just to get myself cash for at-least one semester tuition in my school. I ended up spending more than my semester tuition that I was hoping to get. Please a piece of advice for people planning to go to Dubai with tourist visa! Please I use God beg you guys stay home. unless you have plans of coming to buy stuffs here and move them to Nigeria to sell them off,,,Here is pretty much good for people into buying and selling stuff yeah here is good for that but looking for a job please make sure you get your employment visa before coming here otherwise you will end up being a permanent illegal citizen here,,even at that the sun here is like hell, expect something higher than 50degrees Celsius. Although all the shops and offices are highly equipped with AC. Even accommodation here is better off being in Kirikiri Max Prison, if you can be comfortable in a room that 12 men lives in and you can afford to get your valuable stolen at any given time then come!! See in Dubai the unimaginable is happening,,,Paki,Bangali,India people can dupe naija people without a confiscated format. BE WARNED!!!!

3 Likes

Re: My Dubai Story With Pictures by horlabiyi(m): 5:11am On Jul 13, 2014
Na Only Person Wey Get Ear Go Listen.
Re: My Dubai Story With Pictures by santakris(m): 7:11am On Jul 13, 2014
I hope the desperate ones will learn from tthis.
Re: My Dubai Story With Pictures by Mayour11(m): 7:13am On Jul 13, 2014
noted

1 Like

Re: My Dubai Story With Pictures by SkinnyDude(m): 3:08pm On Jul 13, 2014
who even gave u visa in the first place?

2 Likes

Re: My Dubai Story With Pictures by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jul 13, 2014
Dubai Vs Nigeria hustle
Re: My Dubai Story With Pictures by julioralph(m): 9:04pm On Jul 13, 2014
nice advice, i hope say our people go gree take ur advice
Re: My Dubai Story With Pictures by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jul 13, 2014
SkinnyDude: who even gave u visa in the first place?

I applied for a visa like a normal human being does! And the answer to your question is that UAE immigration gave me visa. They found me eligible,,UAE visa to me is the simplest Middle East visa to get, you can just approach Etihad Airline,Emirates Airline, or Qatar they can process your visa with a fee of about 100$ I don't know for now the actual price because it was months back that I did mine!

1 Like

Re: My Dubai Story With Pictures by SkinnyDude(m): 10:18pm On Jul 13, 2014
obiligbo:

I applied for a visa like a normal human being does! And the answer to your question is that UAE immigration gave me visa. They found me eligible,,UAE visa to me is the simplest Middle East visa to get, you can just approach Etihad Airline,Emirates Airline, or Qatar they can process your visa with a fee of about 100$ I don't know for now the actual price because it was months back that I did mine!
and they didnt ask if you are up to 18. cos to me, you look 17
Re: My Dubai Story With Pictures by Nobody: 3:14am On Jul 14, 2014
SkinnyDude:
and they didnt ask if you are up to 18. cos to me, you look 17

But sincerely you are the kid here to think that by appearance you can determine someones age. it's a pity for you bro and yes I was expecting posts like yours (Kids Post) here they are always welcome

3 Likes

Re: My Dubai Story With Pictures by souleymon(m): 6:16am On Jul 14, 2014
From Georgia to Dubai.what were you thinking.
You could land any country and start working
Re: My Dubai Story With Pictures by truelovecom: 11:27am On Jul 14, 2014
obiligbo: My first time of going to Dubai, We had 2 months winter holiday in Eastern Europe. So I decided to venture to the unknown (DUBAI) and look for a job that I could fist on for 4 (I don't mind missing lectures for 2 months) months then go back to my school, on first landing at Dubai airport I said to myself welcome to heaven after seeing the beautiful view of Dubai from my airplane not knowing that Dubai represents a word like this ""THE BEAUTY AND THE BEAST"" The airport very ok very nice in fact one of best airports in the world now! Then immigration cleared me I was even scanned at the port of entry. I decided that I will take a little time and walk around the airport Wow! it was like heaven on earth you will see many nationalities mostly Middle East, So now its time for me to go and behold the beauty of the town but I noticed something when I stepped out of the airport it was as if I am inside an oven and also I was hearing a lot noise, inside of me I concluded maybe the hot temperature is because of the power plant but wait a minute again I moved to the car pack to pick up a taxi ''oboi''I noticed that Dubai is hotter than most people said,,,As if that was not enough I approached a taxi man immediately he said ""DEIRA PARK" inside of me I was asking myself is this some kinda of popular hotel or something!! As a guy that don't know where he is going I said ""OK SIR"" lets roll, then we drove off!! I was then busy looking out for the skyscrapers wow! I said to myself again ""Welcome"". Brothers and Sister I was entirely drained when we finally get to a place called Deira Park, it was as if I was in some kinda of place in "OSHODI SALEH" I now begin to ask myself what are all this people doing here? I saw a lot of Nigerians chaiii this particular impression is not good at all for a guy coming to look for a job in Dubai I now start to ask myself what chances do I have to get a job here seeing my fellow "ZANGI" (blacks) everywhere as if I was in Naija... As if that one never do. I decided to check-in into a 4 star hotel there by the name "DEIRA PARK HOTEL"" To make things worst the price per night is nothing to write home about. I ended up paying to avoid being stranded. It was fun anyway for me but somehow bad for me also I learnt a lot of things there. Inside the hotel room I rested for about 2 hours then immediately I decided to start getting info on how to get a job here, I first met the Hotel receptionist, asked him a lot of questions about getting a job, brothers and sisters his answer was never encouraging. I went outside the hotel with my file dressed in suits, Again I behold the view of ''OSHODI'' I stopped a guy named Kunle and explained my ordeal to him. He then said that to get a job I have to pay 1000dirham for agency fee, Inside of me I laughed, I was at the same spot after talking with Kunle ""good heavens'' I saw a friend of mine back in Lagos as he was conveying goods with a truck,,Wow! I called the guy by his name ''James" as he was approaching me the next thing, he said to me "" NAH ONLY YOU WAKA COME"" at this stage I knew I'm pretty in good shit! This guy talked for about 30 minutes explaining the full meaning of Dubai to me. I now remembered what my friend told me back in Georgia "don't be surprised if you meet your grandfather in Dubai" After all my trials of getting a job in Dubai all proved abortive and also I only have 2 weeks to stay to get a job or go back to where I came from. My plans was that I could get a job and maybe stay there and work for like 4 months since I still have 8 months left on my Resident Card, So I wouldn't mind missing lectures for like 2 months just to get myself cash for at-least one semester tuition in my school. I ended up spending more than my semester tuition that I was hoping to get. Please a piece of advice for people planning to go to Dubai with tourist visa! Please I use God beg you guys stay home. unless you have plans of coming to buy stuffs here and move them to Nigeria to sell them off,,,Here is pretty much good for people into buying and selling stuff yeah here is good for that but looking for a job please make sure you get your employment visa before coming here otherwise you will end up being a permanent illegal citizen here,,even at that the sun here is like hell, expect something higher than 50degrees Celsius. Although all the shops and offices are highly equipped with AC. Even accommodation here is better off being in Kirikiri Max Prison, if you can be comfortable in a room that 12 men lives in and you can afford to get your valuable stolen at any given time then come!! See in Dubai the unimaginable is happening,,,Paki,Bangali,India people can dupe naija people without a confiscated format. BE WARNED!!!!

Is Georgia better than Dubai? .... You think gold is picked on the streets of dubai. You came here to find job, all the way from poor Georgia
Re: My Dubai Story With Pictures by truelovecom: 11:32am On Jul 14, 2014
souleymon: From Georgia to Dubai.what were you thinking.

No mind am... And his here talking shit about Dubai. can he compare Dubai to that village called Georgia

2 Likes

Re: My Dubai Story With Pictures by Adegokenath(m): 4:37pm On Jul 14, 2014
souleymon: From Georgia to Dubai.what were you thinking.
even USA the largest economy in the world u can not get a job the day u land and one man food is another man poison some nigerian ar there doing legitimate job and making it
Re: My Dubai Story With Pictures by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jul 14, 2014
It will all count for experience.

(1) (Reply)

Am Dying Help Me-bank Statement / Where Are All The Nigerians My Age In Columbus, Ohio?? / How Is Tax Calculated Abroad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.