Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,796 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

What App/Startup Clones Would Be Successful In Nigeria Or Africa? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What App/Startup Clones Would Be Successful In Nigeria Or Africa? (1882 Views)

What App/Software Will You Love To Have But Can't Afford? / A Site For Open Source Game Clones / What App Is Used For Coding In Programming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What App/Startup Clones Would Be Successful In Nigeria Or Africa? by naijatechworld: 5:57am On Jul 13, 2014
1. Google?
2. Microsoft?
3. Apple?

How do u feel?
Re: What App/Startup Clones Would Be Successful In Nigeria Or Africa? by GideonG(m): 7:53am On Jul 13, 2014
None! Don't re-invent the wheel.
Re: What App/Startup Clones Would Be Successful In Nigeria Or Africa? by naijatechworld: 8:31am On Jul 13, 2014
GideonG: None! Don't re-invent the wheel.

But thats what competition is all about. Before Google, there was Altavista. B4 Facebook, MySpace.

1 Like

Re: What App/Startup Clones Would Be Successful In Nigeria Or Africa? by dhtml(m): 9:01am On Jul 13, 2014
^^^^this remains to be seen, i wish you luck if you succeed with them clones.

1 Like

Re: What App/Startup Clones Would Be Successful In Nigeria Or Africa? by matrixme(m): 9:45am On Jul 13, 2014
naijatechworld:

But thats what competition is all about. Before Google, there was Altavista. B4 Facebook, MySpace.
I just love that! it's the guerrilla spirit that makes Samsung a dominant tech company today, getting a big slice of the action from Apple that creates the innovation. Of course we all know Samsung clones Apple products basically. Another similar example is Dreamworks/Disney-Pixar. So I Guess saying don't reinvent the wheel is a lame excuse for not wanting to make a difference at all costs.

2 Likes

Re: What App/Startup Clones Would Be Successful In Nigeria Or Africa? by Ajibel(m): 10:54am On Jul 13, 2014
matrixme:
So I Guess saying don't reinvent the wheel is a lame excuse for not wanting to make a difference at all costs.

1 Like

Re: What App/Startup Clones Would Be Successful In Nigeria Or Africa? by naijatechworld: 3:49pm On Jul 13, 2014
What about Facebook? Dropbox? YouTube? Can we compete with those? Can we make clones in Africa. People are always saying that these apps dont dedicate to the African Market. We have smart developers on this forum. Y cant we come up with something that will target the African market?
Re: What App/Startup Clones Would Be Successful In Nigeria Or Africa? by dhtml(m): 4:02pm On Jul 13, 2014
^^^^naija people always want to take the easiest way out.

1 Like

Re: What App/Startup Clones Would Be Successful In Nigeria Or Africa? by naijatechworld: 4:04pm On Jul 13, 2014
dhtml: ^^^^naija people always want to take the easiest way out.

What is the easiest way out then so that we can make money off of it in order to compete with tech giants abroad? There has to be a solution. Nigeria (or better yet Africa) can't always remain at the bottom. We've been at the bottom too long.
Re: What App/Startup Clones Would Be Successful In Nigeria Or Africa? by naijatechworld: 4:04pm On Jul 13, 2014
dhtml: ^^^^this remains to be seen, i wish you luck if you succeed with them clones.

We can be the first to do this. A tech giant or empire must come out of here. Or we will always remain inferior to our colleagues abroad?
Re: What App/Startup Clones Would Be Successful In Nigeria Or Africa? by naijatechworld: 4:06pm On Jul 13, 2014
matrixme:
I just love that! it's the guerrilla spirit that makes Samsung a dominant tech company today, getting a big slice of the action from Apple that creates the innovation. Of course we all know Samsung clones Apple products basically. Another similar example is Dreamworks/Disney-Pixar. So I Guess saying don't reinvent the wheel is a lame excuse for not wanting to make a difference at all costs.

Yeah I feel the same way. Like why is that Asians are know for producing and cloning and Africans are only known for consuming. Can't we have hardware manufacturers as well? Can't we make our own cars? Our own cellphones? What about all those e-waste products at the dump. Can't we put 2 and 2 together to make 4?
Re: What App/Startup Clones Would Be Successful In Nigeria Or Africa? by Awoofawo(m): 7:10pm On Jul 13, 2014
dhtml: ^^^^naija people always want to take the easiest way out.

cool Seun of Nairaland cool
I wan chop ban grin
Re: What App/Startup Clones Would Be Successful In Nigeria Or Africa? by naijatechworld: 7:50pm On Jul 13, 2014
Is there a PayPal of Nigeria/Africa? What about Craigslist?
Re: What App/Startup Clones Would Be Successful In Nigeria Or Africa? by digitalafrica: 7:56pm On Jul 13, 2014
I think the main problem is that not enough people from 9ja or Africa are on the internet. I mean its suprising to me how Nairaland only has 1.2 million registered members, when the population of 9ja is 140 Million. Like what are the 139 million doing? Why arent people on the internet and what can we do to fix that?

Also another thing is instead of making clones of abroad tech companies in 9ja, why won't do the opposite and make clones for USA (or the world) of tech companies in 9ja? Like what is NairaLand of the world? What will you consider NEPA of the world? What is Dealdey of the world? Jumia of the world?

What are the main problems that internet or technology can solve in 9ja? Or in Africa? What does Naija/Africa desperately need, that if it drops, everybody will want it? Is it stable electricity? Is it cheap internet? Do 9ja need cellphone or laptops or desktops, like what do they need?
Re: What App/Startup Clones Would Be Successful In Nigeria Or Africa? by Urine: 8:20pm On Jul 13, 2014
This thread is for dreamers, solve the numerous problems in your locality first, that's the way to go about it.

2 Likes

Re: What App/Startup Clones Would Be Successful In Nigeria Or Africa? by dhtml(m): 8:45pm On Jul 13, 2014
Awoofawo:

cool Seun of Nairaland cool
I wan chop ban grin
Nairaland is one of naija's greatest tech startup, whaddaya mean (call me dirry liar, but at least them no go ban me)

2 Likes

Re: What App/Startup Clones Would Be Successful In Nigeria Or Africa? by asalimpo(m): 4:16am On Jul 14, 2014
@naijatech
our problems are diverse and deep rooted so it cant vanish in a decade. It go tey.
9jas problem is confidence. Yes.
Naijans dnt blv in their products,the market thnks u.s made is superior so they wnt patronise. Nigerian rappers/muscians actors emulate westerners too much - we just dnt blv in ourselves enuff. But a 9jan clone of google,youtube,facebook,2go etc once registered in d youths and nigerians consciousness and is successful will increase our self worth and identity among ourselves. Which will make us bolder still to aim for bigger higher things. Yeah,u'll mention irokotv etc. Iroko founder,wasnt based here,its not incorporated here, heagquarters is outta here and business men are proud to tell you their business is incorporated in u.s,u.k etc (its a no confidence thing).
Compare china, huawei, was incorporated in china,operated in china to become worlds largest (or maybe second/third) in tech devces. Its not really about talent,drive etc. Its inferiority complex on a national/continental scale.
E.g
nigerian developer peaches idea for an app , requires incubator funding -say 20k usd- which investor will chip in? Where is d VC base? But say u want to buy and sell crude oil, or land - money will appear.
1 person cannot start and sustain a startup. Growg a startup into a company requires serious fundg: google,linkedin,youtube,facebook had million dollar fundg. They operate the servers from the u.s b4 spreadg. Public Reception was very strong. In naija, public reception to tech strtups is lukewarm. Strtups can survve in dull lukewarm markets. Aprt frm youths, most older folks dont dig d net beyond email. A housewife wold hold a flashy high end phne with all d gadgets but wnt logon to google to research a new cookg recipe! Same for guys. The problems are myriad but surmountable but it will take a lotta time and mental de-programmg.

1 Like

Re: What App/Startup Clones Would Be Successful In Nigeria Or Africa? by asalimpo(m): 4:35am On Jul 14, 2014
digitalafrica: I think the main problem is that not enough people from 9ja or Africa are on the internet. I mean its suprising to me how Nairaland only has 1.2 million registered members, when the population of 9ja is 140 Million. Like what are the 139 million doing? Why arent people on the internet and what can we do to fix that?

Also another thing is instead of making clones of abroad tech companies in 9ja, why won't do the opposite and make clones for USA (or the world) of tech companies in 9ja? Like what is NairaLand of the world? What will you consider NEPA of the world? What is Dealdey of the world? Jumia of the world?

What are the main problems that internet or technology can solve in 9ja? Or in Africa? What does Naija/Africa desperately need, that if it drops, everybody will want it? Is it stable electricity? Is it cheap internet? Do 9ja need cellphone or laptops or desktops, like what do they need?

hey dude, you crawl first bf u run. Else u'll crash nd burn.
If a 9jn startup succeeds in its territory then it can venture out into d world.
The environment and infrastructure for a global tech company just isnt there. Microsoft,apple,hp,dell employ hundreds of thousands of TOP NOTCH professionals. They draw on labour from india,china,russia. In d nigerian situation, there isnt a ready pool of professionals in tech, not artisans but pros . The stable environment just isnt there. Theres always politcal wranglings,
wanton lawlessness. See the spate of kidnappings and assasinations and bombings , poor telecom netwrks etc. Executves will b operatg at fear for their lives. Server and data wharehouses would have to situated in say south africa cuz of wanton acts of vandalisation, electricity outage, community demands.
Apple sued microsoft for certain infringements, u.s,e.u investigated microsoft for anti-trust practices. Yes,corruption is everywhere but
the case was executed with speed, openness and impartiality.
Could such hav been d case over here?
See the nonsense flagrancy with which some chinese and lebanese ,indian businesses operate in this country because they can get away with it.

1 Like

Re: What App/Startup Clones Would Be Successful In Nigeria Or Africa? by davidsmith8900: 5:46pm On Jul 14, 2014
naijatechworld: Is there a PayPal of Nigeria/Africa? What about Craigslist?

Isn't NairaList the Nigerian clone of Craigslist and isn't Mpesa the Kenyan clone of Payal? Also isn't Dealdey the Nigerian clone of Groupon?

asalimpo:
hey dude, you crawl first bf u run. Else u'll crash nd burn.
If a 9jn startup succeeds in its territory then it can venture out into d world.
The environment and infrastructure for a global tech company just isnt there. Microsoft,apple,hp,dell employ hundreds of thousands of TOP NOTCH professionals. They draw on labour from india,china,russia. In d nigerian situation, there isnt a ready pool of professionals in tech, not artisans but pros . The stable environment just isnt there. Theres always politcal wranglings,
wanton lawlessness. See the spate of kidnappings and assasinations and bombings , poor telecom netwrks etc. Executves will b operatg at fear for their lives. Server and data wharehouses would have to situated in say south africa cuz of wanton acts of vandalisation, electricity outage, community demands.
Apple sued microsoft for certain infringements, u.s,e.u investigated microsoft for anti-trust practices. Yes,corruption is everywhere but
the case was executed with speed, openness and impartiality.
Could such hav been d case over here?
See the nonsense flagrancy with which some chinese and lebanese ,indian businesses operate in this country because they can get away with it.

When u say that Nigerians must succeed in its territory 1st, what do u mean? What is Nigerian's territory and why aren't they succeeding in it? The West are valuable and good because they succeed in everything. Look at Sports. Look At Olympics. Whenever it comes to competition, USA and other Western Countries might not always be the first, but they are surely always in the top 5.

Also the only reason foreigners come 2 Naija and treat Nigerians badly, is because Nigerians let them. Why aren't Nigerians fighting back?

asalimpo: @naijatech
our problems are diverse and deep rooted so it cant vanish in a decade. It go tey.
9jas problem is confidence. Yes.
Naijans dnt blv in their products,the market thnks u.s made is superior so they wnt patronise. Nigerian rappers/muscians actors emulate westerners too much - we just dnt blv in ourselves enuff. But a 9jan clone of google,youtube,facebook,2go etc once registered in d youths and nigerians consciousness and is successful will increase our self worth and identity among ourselves. Which will make us bolder still to aim for bigger higher things. Yeah,u'll mention irokotv etc. Iroko founder,wasnt based here,its not incorporated here, heagquarters is outta here and business men are proud to tell you their business is incorporated in u.s,u.k etc (its a no confidence thing).
Compare china, huawei, was incorporated in china,operated in china to become worlds largest (or maybe second/third) in tech devces. Its not really about talent,drive etc. Its inferiority complex on a national/continental scale.
E.g
nigerian developer peaches idea for an app , requires incubator funding -say 20k usd- which investor will chip in? Where is d VC base? But say u want to buy and sell crude oil, or land - money will appear.
1 person cannot start and sustain a startup. Growg a startup into a company requires serious fundg: google,linkedin,youtube,facebook had million dollar fundg. They operate the servers from the u.s b4 spreadg. Public Reception was very strong. In naija, public reception to tech strtups is lukewarm. Strtups can survve in dull lukewarm markets. Aprt frm youths, most older folks dont dig d net beyond email. A housewife wold hold a flashy high end phne with all d gadgets but wnt logon to google to research a new cookg recipe! Same for guys. The problems are myriad but surmountable but it will take a lotta time and mental de-programmg.

Well for some people I agree that confidence is the problem, but what about those who do have confidence? Everyday I hear some startup coming out from Naija and I hear about investors putting money into Naija, but whenever I look at the ideas or startups, Im always dissappointed. Like whats going on? Doesn't Nigeria have creativity?

Urine: This thread is for dreamers, solve the numerous problems in your locality first, that's the way to go about it.

But what are the problems in our locality? What problems can technology or the internet solve in Nigeria right now and how do we monetize it in order for Nigeria or Africa to become rich again?

naijatechworld:
Yeah I feel the same way. Like why is that Asians are know for producing and cloning and Africans are only known for consuming. Can't we have hardware manufacturers as well? Can't we make our own cars? Our own cellphones? What about all those e-waste products at the dump. Can't we put 2 and 2 together to make 4?

The Asians and Indians were once colonized like Nigeria and many African nations but yet they have moved on. What is holding Nigeria or other African nations back?

digitalafrica: I think the main problem is that not enough people from 9ja or Africa are on the internet. I mean its suprising to me how Nairaland only has 1.2 million registered members, when the population of 9ja is 140 Million. Like what are the 139 million doing? Why arent people on the internet and what can we do to fix that?

But why aren't they on the internet? Is it that many can't afford it or don't know the use of it?
Re: What App/Startup Clones Would Be Successful In Nigeria Or Africa? by naijatechworld: 5:51pm On Jul 14, 2014
Many of us can't even watch videos on YouTube because of data consumption and slow internet. If there was a startup that worked on compressing data for faster download/upload, as well as, making these web apps not use much data, I think that startup will grow. Just my opinion. How does everyone else feel?

1 Like

Re: What App/Startup Clones Would Be Successful In Nigeria Or Africa? by digitalafrica: 6:03pm On Jul 14, 2014
naijatechworld: Many of us can't even watch videos on YouTube because of data consumption and slow internet. If there was a startup that worked on compressing data for faster download/upload, as well as, making these web apps not use much data, I think that startup will grow. Just my opinion. How does everyone else feel?

I think there is an app that works on data consumption already, something like Onavo. Im not too sure but competition is always good, monopoly bad for business. I think that in order to know what technology or internet that many would help us, u need 2 think like a typical 9ja or African. What we do on daily basis? What we like? What we eat? Some of us believe in God so much and we believe that we will rewarded nicely in heaven, so thus we don't have much greed for a better life on Earth. Then again who knows, maybe a reglious app like a Bible or Islam app will work for us.
Re: What App/Startup Clones Would Be Successful In Nigeria Or Africa? by asalimpo(m): 10:25am On Jul 15, 2014
@davidsmith
when i say nigerians must succeed in their domain,i'm statg a simple business method for success. Mobil,walmart,microsoft,ibm were all local players b4 expandg their market base to a global scale.
A 9jn strtup has to successful in its home country first.
If d strtup cannot conquer its home market tht it is familiar with ,how will survve in a different culture.

On confidence, the market has to be excited about d venture. This isnt d case. Nigerians blv in things wen it is very successful not bf. Low patronage will kill d brightest strtup. E.g take NL for example, talk of twitter,facebook 10+million nigerians ,NL ! How many? Create a nigerianized facebook,twitter etc Without heavy in-your face advertsg (smthg outof d range of strtups) you maynt b patronzed. Dealdey, is using tht but in strups in d u.s most grew virally because the ppl were excited about d idea And adopted it. This is d confidence i'm talkg about. Napster,gnutella,yahoo,grew by early adoption.
Some apps tht a nigerian dev would b struggling to sell here ,he may not struggle to sell in the west.
Imagine u wrote an erp solution and ur company tried to sell it to nigerian big corporations would they consider you? No. Except mayb u hav a foreign degree . If u attended ekiti state university ,nobody will listen to you.
If u did same in china, a chinese investor will expand ur idea and grow it to become the national alternatve to sap,ms dynamics and other foreign brands . Bf u know it tht chinese company will begin competing globally against the big wigs. In nigeria, companies will focus in traing an army of ppl in how to use the foreign software. How to certify in it. Again, its a confidence issue.
We are suffering from national scale inferiority complex period.
Dyu know there's chinese apple competitor by xaomi ltd. Honda is an asian car, samsung is asian etc
now as d asian companies succeed so will confidence of citizens grow in tht area. E.g nigerian music has advanced more thn its movies in quality,so some nigerian youths are now confident and proud to identify with our local musicians.

Our work ethics are poor. At d core of successful nations are hard wrkg ethcal ppl. The chinese ,japanese,americans are more dedicated and focused and humane . How dyu employ som1 for peanuts and want him to work well, want him to work even on sundays , livg to wrk 4 you no time 4 himself, this is d nigerian situation.
Bcs som1 is employg u he expects to insult you at will and u shd smile and lick it up . (see how lecturers treat students. No respect. ) . They want to tell u,tht ur nothg cuz u dnt have the kind of stuffs they hav(cars,gadgets etc).
Add all this together and u know why 9ja nothg to reckn with in d tech world,globally.
I know som strtups hav receivd fundg,but honestly, this strtups are not creatg ground breakg products tht can cause d kinda emotional reaction the likes of their western counterparts have experienced. Y, because tech isnt a mindset but a means to an end here(make money).
Compare:
mindset:
search can b done better,
the search engines available just
aint getting it right. I'll research search in my phD thesis.
Result = google.

Copyrighted software vendors infringe on users rights to use software as the wish.
I'll do somthg about it.
Gripe about it with my friends at d pub.then continue with my life-wrkg for this evil corps?no.
Outcome = free software,open source movement ,Linux.
In 9ja rchrd stallman wouldve been convcted and sentenced on spurious charges for going against the status quo.
Computers are ugly, i want computers tht are quiet, and insanely great.
I dnt care wht d engineers thk , this is wat i want.
Outcome = apple
the typcal 9jan mindset wud b , just do it any how any how as far as its wrkg . Hurry up and ship it!
Summary: our wrk ethics and mindset, acceptance of mediocrity as a modus operandus is killing any hope of creatg globally impactg entities

2 Likes

Re: What App/Startup Clones Would Be Successful In Nigeria Or Africa? by davidsmith8900: 1:31pm On Jul 15, 2014
asalimpo: @davidsmith
when i say nigerians must succeed in their domain,i'm statg a simple business method for success. Mobil,walmart,microsoft,ibm were all local players b4 expandg their market base to a global scale.
A 9jn strtup has to successful in its home country first.
If d strtup cannot conquer its home market tht it is familiar with ,how will survve in a different culture.

On confidence, the market has to be excited about d venture. This isnt d case. Nigerians blv in things wen it is very successful not bf. Low patronage will kill d brightest strtup. E.g take NL for example, talk of twitter,facebook 10+million nigerians ,NL ! How many? Create a nigerianized facebook,twitter etc Without heavy in-your face advertsg (smthg outof d range of strtups) you maynt b patronzed. Dealdey, is using tht but in strups in d u.s most grew virally because the ppl were excited about d idea And adopted it. This is d confidence i'm talkg about. Napster,gnutella,yahoo,grew by early adoption.
Some apps tht a nigerian dev would b struggling to sell here ,he may not struggle to sell in the west.
Imagine u wrote an erp solution and ur company tried to sell it to nigerian big corporations would they consider you? No. Except mayb u hav a foreign degree . If u attended ekiti state university ,nobody will listen to you.
If u did same in china, a chinese investor will expand ur idea and grow it to become the national alternatve to sap,ms dynamics and other foreign brands . Bf u know it tht chinese company will begin competing globally against the big wigs. In nigeria, companies will focus in traing an army of ppl in how to use the foreign software. How to certify in it. Again, its a confidence issue.
We are suffering from national scale inferiority complex period.
Dyu know there's chinese apple competitor by xaomi ltd. Honda is an asian car, samsung is asian etc
now as d asian companies succeed so will confidence of citizens grow in tht area. E.g nigerian music has advanced more thn its movies in quality,so some nigerian youths are now confident and proud to identify with our local musicians.

Our work ethics are poor. At d core of successful nations are hard wrkg ethcal ppl. The chinese ,japanese,americans are more dedicated and focused and humane . How dyu employ som1 for peanuts and want him to work well, want him to work even on sundays , livg to wrk 4 you no time 4 himself, this is d nigerian situation.
Bcs som1 is employg u he expects to insult you at will and u shd smile and lick it up . (see how lecturers treat students. No respect. ) . They want to tell u,tht ur nothg cuz u dnt have the kind of stuffs they hav(cars,gadgets etc).
Add all this together and u know why 9ja nothg to reckn with in d tech world,globally.
I know som strtups hav receivd fundg,but honestly, this strtups are not creatg ground breakg products tht can cause d kinda emotional reaction the likes of their western counterparts have experienced. Y, because tech isnt a mindset but a means to an end here(make money).
Compare:
mindset:
search can b done better,
the search engines available just
aint getting it right. I'll research search in my phD thesis.
Result = google.

Copyrighted software vendors infringe on users rights to use software as the wish.
I'll do somthg about it.
Gripe about it with my friends at d pub.then continue with my life-wrkg for this evil corps?no.
Outcome = free software,open source movement ,Linux.
In 9ja rchrd stallman wouldve been convcted and sentenced on spurious charges for going against the status quo.
Computers are ugly, i want computers tht are quiet, and insanely great.
I dnt care wht d engineers thk , this is wat i want.
Outcome = apple
the typcal 9jan mindset wud b , just do it any how any how as far as its wrkg . Hurry up and ship it!
Summary: our wrk ethics and mindset, acceptance of mediocrity as a modus operandus is killing any hope of creatg globally impactg entities

I get what you are saying now. You made alot of valid points. I just wish we could change all of this so that Nigeria/Africa will be on top once again. What if Nigerian App Developers could talk to International Developers and make apps for Nigerians but were made in Abroad in order to gain a better reputation?
Re: What App/Startup Clones Would Be Successful In Nigeria Or Africa? by davidsmith8900: 2:32pm On Jul 15, 2014
Also @asalimpo, I understand that many 9ja's dont support startups b4 they become big, but that is everyhwere but if u check the internet there are many dumb business ideas that made it big. U can even see their stories. Like Google, Facebook, SnapChat, Twitter. of all things Twitter and many more.
Re: What App/Startup Clones Would Be Successful In Nigeria Or Africa? by GideonG(m): 12:14am On Jul 17, 2014
Every body please watch out for me, I am the real African dream.
Re: What App/Startup Clones Would Be Successful In Nigeria Or Africa? by dhtml(m): 5:08am On Jul 17, 2014
GideonG: Every body please watch out for me, I am the real African dream.
I am watching you, just maintain the optimism and you may just do it.
Re: What App/Startup Clones Would Be Successful In Nigeria Or Africa? by GodMode: 5:35am On Jul 17, 2014
Re: What App/Startup Clones Would Be Successful In Nigeria Or Africa? by sunday478(m): 7:58am On Jul 17, 2014
GodMode: The problems are site security, the amount of servers u'll need to keep on check. Making sure users info is safe. The major problem is electricity supply cos it won't be wise to run an internet company using generators.
The problem is that we Nigerians dont like good stuffs, and we tend to frustrate the effort of other. Just the way you made Dhtml stopped that nice Js tutorial.
Re: What App/Startup Clones Would Be Successful In Nigeria Or Africa? by GodMode: 8:04am On Jul 17, 2014
$
Re: What App/Startup Clones Would Be Successful In Nigeria Or Africa? by PenSoftCorp(m): 11:24am On Jul 17, 2014
NIGERIA, i did a research and my observation was "WE CARE ABOUT OURSELF ONLY AND NO ONE ELSE", if u create a ground breaking product like goolge in nigeria, nobody will use it, cause the people does not believe in what we can do,also the developers does not care about other people, they only care about how to make money from the product, they cant risk anything, most giant tech guys in us droped out but who can do that in nigeria
i believe no startup can grow in nigeria, if u have a mad idea, make connection with people abroad and do it there, make the people there start using it as if they created it themselves, then bring it to nigeria and MONOPOLISE it just like the big tech companies
Re: What App/Startup Clones Would Be Successful In Nigeria Or Africa? by Thazard(m): 11:17pm On Aug 12, 2020
Nice thread
Re: What App/Startup Clones Would Be Successful In Nigeria Or Africa? by engrjoshua: 9:00am On Aug 13, 2020
Powerful thread I feel the admins can move to front page.

This is an issue we all need to come together, talk with one voice. I believe Nigeria can be great again. Most developed countries are making money from their I.T investments while Nigeria government know only about corruption and petroleum. This is not the 17th century anymore, I.T is making wave..

The government needs to invest more and look for better ways to promote Nigeria Tech startup

(1) (Reply)

More Than 750,000 Lenovo Laptops Have Spy Ware Pre-installed In Them / The Top Best Developers And Programmers In Nigeria / Cool Programming Memes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.