Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,693 members, 7,809,614 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:00 PM

Very Interesting Facts About Germany - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Very Interesting Facts About Germany (5273 Views)

Some Interesting Facts About Flags Of The World. / How To Book Appointment In Germany Embassy In Nigeria / Very Interesting: Can Someone Advice Me On Getting Ireland And Australia Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Very Interesting Facts About Germany by Pavore9: 5:38pm On Jul 15, 2014
Ogbeche77: Lol.. So true.. Even in churches, beer is served as beverage.. Anyone who doesn't drink beer in Bavaria is regarded as abnormal... grin grin grin grin grin
Kenyans will love to be there! They can drink for Africa!
Re: Very Interesting Facts About Germany by Krak(m): 11:26am On Jul 18, 2014
Pavore9: Kenyans will love to be there! They can drink for Africa!

Nigerians too can drink o.
Re: Very Interesting Facts About Germany by Pavore9: 12:10pm On Jul 18, 2014
Krak:

Nigerians too can drink o.
Nigerians be apprentice where Kenyans dey! Alcoholism is a national problem in Kenya. Nairobi alone has over 30,000 wine & spirits shops and bars according to their government statistics!
Re: Very Interesting Facts About Germany by Krak(m): 9:28pm On Jul 19, 2014
Pavore9: Nigerians be apprentice where Kenyans dey! Alcoholism is a national problem in Kenya. Nairobi alone has over 30,000 wine & spirits shops and bars according to their government statistics!

That sounds serious.
Re: Very Interesting Facts About Germany by Tundetiler2011(m): 10:54pm On Aug 14, 2014
Loving these @op
Re: Very Interesting Facts About Germany by Eke40seven(m): 2:40pm On Aug 15, 2014
I can help but laugh at some of your facts, good job
1. Let me start by using my favourite pun "..German sausages are the wurst" I dont mean their sausages are bad or worst but they are just the wurst, do you get what I mean? or what am I saying? am confused OK, simply Wurst=Sausages. you dig?
2. Germans are not only thrifty with their cash but also their words, so they don't waste it. Small talks like "how are you?", "how is everything?", "oh, you are quite stunning" will earn you a strange, 'why-is-this-guy-asking-this-sort-of-question' expression. Don't complement or greet like that, its not in their custom. use your energy for other things.
3. They can be the most organised society but weirdly, they can't queue to save their life. (think Lagos) They share this trait in common with the pre-BRT Lagos. so next time you are there waiting for a bus or in the supermarket with civilized intents on your mind, it will do you great to strike the concept of a queue off your mind and use your African strength to shove your way to the front, if you don't want to sleep there.
I will be back with more.
Re: Very Interesting Facts About Germany by dolpaz: 3:21pm On Aug 15, 2014
Eke40seven: I can help but laugh at some of your facts, good job
1. Let me start by using my favourite pun "..German sausages are the wurst" I dont mean their sausages are bad or worst but they are just the wurst, do you get what I mean? or what am I saying? am confused OK, simply Wurst=Sausages. you dig?
2. Germans are not only thrifty with their cash but also their words, so they don't waste it. Small talks like "how are you?", "how is everything?", "oh, you are quite stunning" will earn you a strange, 'why-is-this-guy-asking-this-sort-of-question' expression. Don't complement or greet like that, its not in their custom. use your energy for other things.
3. They can be the most organised society but weirdly, they can't queue to save their life. (think Lagos) They share this trait in common with the pre-BRT Lagos. so next time you are there waiting for a bus or in the supermarket with civilized intents on your mind, it will do you great to strike the concept of a queue off your mind and use your African strength to shove your way to the front, if you don't want to sleep there.
I will be back with more.
Come back, we are waiting !
Re: Very Interesting Facts About Germany by Eke40seven(m): 5:07pm On Aug 15, 2014
dolpaz:
Come back, we are waiting !
OK am back!
aaaah! OK let's see!
Do you know that English and German were from the same root? yes, you read it right, English is a Germanic language, that is why a good number of Germans in the big cities, especially in the south will shame an average English speaker with his clear and crisp English (where is Heidi Klum?) Yes, that model will shame all our Nollywood stars with the way she speaks and yes, she is German.
Hold on though, Bros! before you go with your toothy grin blabbing away your English in Germany, don't go to the small villages and towns or the east thinking they understand you, because you will only earn yourself a queer look and disgrace yourself in the process and if you continue disturbing, be sure you are going to get the nearest policeman interrogating you for assault. Yes!! I said it, back away! Polizie, will be called. If the average German don't remember anything at all, be sure they know the numbers of the polizei. And you can be sure they will respond with a German efficiency.
Re: Very Interesting Facts About Germany by Eke40seven(m): 9:43am On Aug 16, 2014
aaaaahaa! let me continue. what's next? hmmmm! OK, I confess my memory is fuzzy right, may be I should recycle what's been told already, yes!
Talking about recycling, Germans don't joke with that, especially when it comes to their beer bottles. Recycling is a moral obligation you owe to your country.
The beer thing is no joke people, these guys are the reason for the name CONSUMERS, they are created and groomed to drink beer, It is a lifelong lesson that begins at a tender age and you embrace it as your lot in life and preparation is key! Compete with them in a drinking contest at your peril! They have a comparative advantage over you and are more equipped both physically and skill wise. Here is a proof.
Proof 1: They have what they call Leber® . yes, an inbuilt leber®. if there is anything as efficient and dependable as their machines and cars, its this specially made liver of theirs built to specification to last over 70 long years of beer drinking habit.
proof 2:Any young German is an expert at opening the crown covers of a good beer bottle with anything in sight, I mean anything. from belts, tables, spoon, fork, knife, door handle, fans, teeth, cups, nuts, spanners, walls, floors and apples (that is rumoured though). I think its just a survival instinct, it will be terrible for a German to perceive having a thirst for a good beer in the toilet and not being able to have one there immediately because of the unavailability of a crown opener. Common! that's a poor German's worse nightmare! So who needs a fanciful crown opener, close the factory, they've evolved to do it themselves. Necessity now becomes the murder or mother of Invention.
As I commented earlier, the brain is fuzzy, I will come back with more........later.....
Re: Very Interesting Facts About Germany by Eke40seven(m): 4:00pm On Aug 17, 2014
Moderator, am pleading in the humblest of tones, please can you kindly explain to me the reason why I was banned and why my comment was hidden? because its beyond me. I checked all the rules to make sure I didn't break a single one but the antispambot thing just hit a cheap shot below the belt and banned me and to make matters worst hid the comment that was carefully written to make this thread lively and alive too.
I plead that at least, a mail should be sent to culprits explaining the reasons for actions taken against them and establish a better way to seek justice or else this whole process is rather uncivilized and makes this thread look like a booby trap for bans.
Thanks.
Re: Very Interesting Facts About Germany by justwise(m): 4:04pm On Aug 17, 2014
Eke40seven: Moderator, am pleading in the humblest of tones, please can you kindly explain to me the reason why I was banned and why my comment was hidden? because its beyond me. I checked all the rules to make sure I didn't break a single one but the antispambot thing just hit a cheap shot below the belt and banned me and to make matters worst hid the comment that was carefully written to make this thread lively and alive too.
I plead that at least, a mail should be sent to culprits explaining the reasons for actions taken against them and establish a better way to seek justice or else this whole process is rather uncivilized and makes this thread look like a booby trap for bans.
Thanks.

Sadly i can't speak to software to ask why you were banned. When you are banned by antispambot you need to report it and you will be unbanned.
Re: Very Interesting Facts About Germany by Eke40seven(m): 4:23pm On Aug 17, 2014
justwise:

Sadly i can't speak to software to ask why you were banned. When you are banned by antispambot you need to report it and you will be unbanned.
OK thanks. I appreciate your swift response. I guess computers are not perfect after all. The antispam is probably malfunctioning or something like that.
More power to your elbow.
Best regards.

1 Like

Re: Very Interesting Facts About Germany by naijaobi(m): 5:53pm On Aug 17, 2014
justwise:

how do we report it?
Re: Very Interesting Facts About Germany by justwise(m): 5:55pm On Aug 17, 2014
naijaobi:
how do we report it?

...by sending email to mods
Re: Very Interesting Facts About Germany by Nobody: 6:49pm On Aug 17, 2014
Eke40seven: Moderator, am pleading in the humblest of tones, please can you kindly explain to me the reason why I was banned and why my comment was hidden? because its beyond me. I checked all the rules to make sure I didn't break a single one but the antispambot thing just hit a cheap shot below the belt and banned me and to make matters worst hid the comment that was carefully written to make this thread lively and alive too.
Thanks.

You get banned by the spambot if you type in length without proper paragraphs.
Re: Very Interesting Facts About Germany by dickoflife(m): 8:05pm On Aug 17, 2014
Ogbeche77: 35.So true, I live 150 meters to this company.. Located in Freising.. They even hosted a free beer fest last week in there company wink wink wink
Wow... saw. this late.. I was in Germany last year. Munchen to be precise for 5 days.. was resident in russia at first, visited Ukraine also before coming home.. hope to visit someday again after getter my footing back home.
Re: Very Interesting Facts About Germany by kazman009: 8:26am On Aug 20, 2014
@ eke40seven please I need info as regards university studies in germany n I would appreciate your quick response.keep doing d good job....
Re: Very Interesting Facts About Germany by Eke40seven(m): 3:47pm On Aug 20, 2014
kazman009: @ eke40seven please I need info as regards university studies in germany n I would appreciate your quick response.keep doing d good job....
Brother, I didn't see your message early enough to reply quickly but everything about studies in Germany is in the thread 'Germany Embassy and Visa'. Its like a big concise text book of questions and answers, accounts and experiences regarding studies in Germany, Nigerian style. All cases have been treated. However, I will give a brief summary thus, schools in Germany are world class and the public schools are mostly tuition free. you can check DAAD (google daad international students) for more info on the schools and courses available. Note that part of the visa requirement for visa includes that you either open €8000 in a blocked account or have a sponsor that is resident in Germany. Now go to the thread i referred you to (from pg 2) and read then you can subsequently ask questions on areas you are not clear on.
Hope this helps.
Good luck
Re: Very Interesting Facts About Germany by kazman009: 7:25pm On Aug 20, 2014
@eke40seven tnx so much for d info I appreciate, I wil check it right away. More power to ur elbow bro. bless u!
Re: Very Interesting Facts About Germany by millhouse: 3:57pm On Sep 22, 2014
intersting
Re: Very Interesting Facts About Germany by rafcrown(m): 11:18pm On Sep 24, 2014
Are there job opportunities for people who are legally allowed to work?

(1) (2) (Reply)

U.S TRIP:ABUJA-DUBAI-WASHINGTON D.C:21 Hours Stopover In Dubai with Video / Can I Use My Bank Statement Instead Of My Payslip?please Advice. / Please Nigeria Government Talk To Your Ambassador In Malaysia!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.