Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,400 members, 7,819,424 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. - Culture (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. (66944 Views)

‘Tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba ~ Azuka Onwuka / Igbos And Yorubas: A Cultural Comparison. / The Marvelous Culture Of The Igbos And Igboland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Agrika: 10:19pm On Jul 15, 2014
declaro:

[size=28pt]I'm from Anambra State, can I beg for the forgiveness on behalf of my people. I know that the differences that emerge between Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa was the incident that happened in 1966 revolution or coup which our leaders are not willing to talk about it. Please tell your follow Yoruba men and women that there are some Igbos that are sorry for what happened in 1966. Let us throw away the past and unity to become great nations that will lead Africa. We are all brothers and sisters. I'm very happy that you have mentioned the cause of the anger of many Yoruba men and women. Please forgive and forget and lets move on. The people that committed the atrocities are dead and let their deed die with them.[/size]
im Igbo too, from Anambra too, but you embrass d shitta out of me....apology my fine arsee.

3 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by NobleG1(m): 11:45pm On Jul 15, 2014
declaro:

[size=28pt]I'm from Anambra State, can I beg for the forgiveness on behalf of my people. I know that the differences that emerge between Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa was the incident that happened in 1966 revolution or coup which our leaders are not willing to talk about it. Please tell your follow Yoruba men and women that there are some Igbos that are sorry for what happened in 1966. Let us throw away the past and unity to become great nations that will lead Africa. We are all brothers and sisters. I'm very happy that you have mentioned the cause of the anger of many Yoruba men and women. Please forgive and forget and lets move on. The people that committed the atrocities are dead and let their deed die with them.[/size]

What an embecile! You should apologize for your stupidity.

3 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jul 15, 2014
I pity these yorubas that delude themselves over an imaginary intellectualism.

For the records, the global technocrats we have in Nigeria are Igbo men and women.
Sb in the front page talked about mathematics, u have still not produced global mathematicians like igbos did.
That u are not good in business doesn't mean u have intellect more than igbos, let's stop self consolations here.
Some ppl used the gej scholarship stuff to justify the so called intellect, we all know gej has been busy trying to win opponents to his side, many igbos didn't even know of the scholarship to start with.
The age long waec n neco stats plus national common entrance cut offs tell the story better.
The Igbo stock has got it all, any vocation u can think of be it in business n academics, they get representatives

4 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Nobody: 12:34am On Jul 16, 2014
Paroman: God bless you small Mrs cheesy. We youth should be preaching peace not Fueling discord and hatred as it is obvious here..
How far na? I been don dey fear say the nairaland attack go done wipe your account out. So you still dey alive? grin
ehn-ehn, the witches you sent to kill me didn't succeed obviously. Am good dearie, the spacing didn't even make me notice the hailing @ the bottom.
Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Vansnickers: 12:40am On Jul 16, 2014
declaro:

Lol! cheesy cheesy

So pathetic. You need to also apologize to the SS. cheesy

Stay classy Ibos.

2 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Vansnickers: 12:41am On Jul 16, 2014
Evergreen123: I pity these yorubas that delude themselves over an imaginary intellectualism.

For the records, the global technocrats we have in Nigeria are Igbo men and women.
Sb in the front page talked about mathematics, u have still not produced global mathematicians like igbos did.
That u are not good in business doesn't mean u have intellect more than igbos, let's stop self consolations here.
Some ppl used the gej scholarship stuff to justify the so called intellect, we all know gej has been busy trying to win opponents to his side, many igbos didn't even know of the scholarship to start with.
The age long waec n neco stats plus national common entrance cut offs tell the story better.
The Igbo stock has got it all, any vocation u can think of be it in business n academics, they get representatives

Blah blah blah...

5 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Vansnickers: 12:41am On Jul 16, 2014
NobleG1:

What an embecile! You should apologize for your stupidity.

E dey pain you? cheesy

5 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Vansnickers: 12:43am On Jul 16, 2014
Agrika:
im Igbo too, from Anambra too, but you embrass d shitta out of me....apology my fine arsee.

Well, he has apologized for your parasitic tribe.

Lol! The butthurt is real. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by ceaser: 7:33am On Jul 16, 2014
BadBoy25: who has the time to read through all these Long Gibberish ? seeing the Long write up already made me lose interest . you guys need to learn to summarize your post, no one has time to waste .
what is the relationship between Igbo and Yoruba? is it bad or Good ? make it straightforward instead of composing a Novel . Time is Money .

Time is money. Chai!!! This na real Igbo boy.
Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by zendy: 10:31am On Jul 16, 2014
Reading through this thread,anyone would understand why Igbos and Yorubas are not meant to be together as a nation. We are different in our outlook on life and our history isn't a good one. As a proud Igbo man,I'm happy to identify with the cause of my people and everybody knows that the real enemy of the Igbos are the northerners. The fact that the Yorubas have decided to be allies of the north puts them in the same boat. Nigeria is today a contraption which the Yorubas and Northerners want use to control the state of affairs to the detriment of the rest of us. APC supporter of APC party (which we all know is just a vehicle for Buhari and his vice presidential candidate,Tinubu, to take power) is just one method they wish to use. We have all outgrown this " I am greater than you and you are greater than me" nonsense. What we should all be talking about is how we should all have our individual nations.We should competing as nations instead of competing as citizens of a British fabrication called Nigeria. The people of the South-east and South-South know that they have no future in Nigeria,they know that the reason why the civil war was fought was not because of the 'incredible love' the Yorubas and the northern friends have for the Okirika man or the Ijaw man or Efik man or the Igbo man.They fought to control the economic and political life of these people. We should on Nairaland talking about what the republics of Odudwa and Biafra and the Niger-delta are doing together as independent world nations and our achievements but here we are talking as 'Nigerians' ,a name given to us by some British mans girlfriend. One thing about the Yorubas that I and my fellow Igbos always ponder about is why these people have long sold off their God given right to self determination and the Oduduwa republic dream to be ass-lickers of the north? Why are these people not ready to remove the shackles of bondage called Nigeria just like the people of the South-east and South-south are trying to? Therein is why the Igbos and Yorubas are as different as day and night.

2 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 16, 2014
zendy: Reading through this thread,anyone would understand why Igbos and Yorubas are not meant to be together as a nation. We are different in our outlook on life and our history isn't a good one. As a proud Igbo man,I'm happy to identify with the cause of my people and everybody knows that the real enemy of the Igbos are the northerners. The fact that the Yorubas have decided to be allies of the north puts them in the same boat. Nigeria is today a contraption which the Yorubas and Northerners want use to control the state of affairs to the detriment of the rest of us. APC supporter of APC party (which we all know is just a vehicle for Buhari and his vice presidential candidate,Tinubu, to take power) is just one method they wish to use. We have all outgrown this " I am greater than you and you are greater than me" nonsense. What we should all be talking about is how we should all have our individual nations.We should competing as nations instead of competing as citizens of a British fabrication called Nigeria. The people of the South-east and South-South know that they have no future in Nigeria,they know that the reason why the civil war was fought was not because of the 'incredible love' the Yorubas and the northern friends have for the Okirika man or the Ijaw man or Efik man or the Igbo man.They fought to control the economic and political life of these people. We should on Nairaland talking about what the republics of Odudwa and Biafra and the Niger-delta are doing together as independent world nations and our achievements but here we are talking as 'Nigerians' ,a name given to us by some British mans girlfriend. One thing about the Yorubas that I and my fellow Igbos always ponder about is why these people have long sold off their God given right to self determination and the Oduduwa republic dream to be ass-lickers of the north? Why are these people not ready to remove the shackles of bondage called Nigeria just like the people of the South-east and South-south are trying to? Therein is why the Igbos and Yorubas are as different as day and night.
Funny but ignorant.

FIRST REPUBLIC
The very first government after independence was formed of a coalition because no one party got the majority.
It was a coalition between Zik and Ahmadu Bello (NPC + NCNC) Awo and his party AG were in OPPOSITION

SECOND REPUBLIC.
NPN did not have a majority in either the Senate or house of representives. Again Zik went into coalition with NPN positioning himself as a "BRIDE" (the cartoonists of the day responded with apt caricatures) and as a consequence an Ibo man (Ume Ezeoke) was the Speaker of the House of Representatives and another Ibo(Ekwueme) was Vice President. So from all the historical evidence it is clear that the Ibos are the ones who have "sold out" to the North and less willing or able to stand on principle or in opposition.If you are looking for A5SLICKERS look in the mirror!
What is the case today. Is the SW with PDP Yorubas are not opportunistic or easily bought and more importantly we know exactly what we want which is true federalism while you clowns just wear striped red baby hats and make shrieking noises

The Yoruba have consistently in our politics refused to align with the North or to play second fiddle to anyone and that is why we have always been in opposition politically when the North have been in power while you lot grovel at their feet for scraps

7 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by logica(m): 11:37am On Jul 16, 2014
iwonbaoko: Funny but ignorant.

FIRST REPUBLIC
The very first government after independence was formed of a coalition because no one party got the majority.
It was a coalition between Zik and Ahmadu Bello (NPC + NCNC) Awo and his party AG were in OPPOSITION

SECOND REPUBLIC.
NPN did not have a majority in either the Senate or house of representives. Again Zik went into coalition with NPN positioning himself as a "BRIDE" (the cartoonists of the day responded with apt caricatures) and as a consequence an Ibo man (Ume Ezeoke) was the Speaker of the House of Representatives and another Ibo(Ekwueme) was Vice President. So from all the historical evidence it is clear that the Ibos are the ones who have "sold out" to the North and less willing or able to stand on principle or in opposition.
What is the case today. Is the SW with PDP Yorubas are not opportunistic or easily bought and more importantly we know exactly what we want which is true federalism while you clowns just wear striped red baby hats and make shrieking noises

The Yoruba have consistently in our politics refused to align with the North or to play second fiddle to anyone and that is why we have always been in opposition politically when the North have been in power while you lot grovel at their feet for scraps
Yepa...telling it as it is since 1953. This one no be "iwonba oko"...na "oko unlimited". cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by chiedu7: 1:20pm On Jul 16, 2014
PenSniper:

Its not cleverness but stupidity borne out of crass tribalism. That was how tribalism crept into Nigeria affairs which instigated the reprisal from the north that consumed their head tribalist, Ironsi. And that was the genesis of tribalism in Nigeria.

DUMBASS.
TRIBALISM ENTERED NIJA POLITICS WHEN ACTION GROUPS POLITICIANS ALL LEFT ZIK AND JOINED AWO ONE DAY!

DUMBASS YOU ARE

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Anacksunamun: 1:36pm On Jul 16, 2014
Agrika:
You must be a dunce (no offence) if you think he's actually an Igbo guy. Can't you see through the scam of a poster?

1 Like

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jul 16, 2014
Paroman: I too like this guy .....no homo

Safe for that, bruddah.

We need to keep telling these folks the truth about reality and the real world, since it seems building castles in the air and hyperbole to make themselves feel good is their forte. grin

1 Like

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Damyion(m): 3:04pm On Jul 16, 2014
lekkie073: na so ojukwu make mouth till ordinary hunters in ore hold am to a stalemate
Don't forget... His manhood lives on.
Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 16, 2014
Missy89:
lol indeed!
these are my funniest lines. I almost chocked on the garri and groundnuts i was enjoying

The sleepiness of Lagos during the Christmas-New Year period, when the Igbo usually travel home en masse, bears testimony to their contribution to making Lagos lively.

Conversely, the Yoruba and the French are subtle and supercilious, with good administrative skills, regaling in their years of history and culture.

Yoruba and the French would pronounce “san” as if it were “saw,” or “son,” but the Igbo and Germans would pronounce it /san/: exactly the
way it is spelt. Also, the “h” is usually silent or glossed over in French and Yoruba: Hospital or Kehinde.

The Igbo and the German are bullish and
technology-minded. They have fought and lost wars but staged successful comebacks in a short time

For example, the “g” is always pronounced /g/ in Igbo and German and
never as “j.” “Danke” and “obante” are pronounced as written.

Bwahahahaha

It's better to ignore these clowns, their mis-education, and emotional crap. It's French and German today. Tomorrow, it's going to be Jews and Egypt. Then Japan of Africa and Americans. And the useless talks about biggest/largest/mightiest in Africa. I don't know when these folks are going to get tired of lying to themselves, just to feel good about lack of achievement, to be honest.

Delusional folks.

BTW, shout me - when are you coming to Europe?

2 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by lekkie073(m): 3:17pm On Jul 16, 2014
Damyion: Don't forget... His manhood lives on.
wetin concern me with his blokos? angry
Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Agrika: 4:42pm On Jul 16, 2014
Anacksunamun: You must be a dunce (no offence) if you think he's actually an Igbo guy. Can't you see through the scam of a poster?
Wasted sperm! (no offence)
Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by asadike(f): 5:25pm On Jul 16, 2014
rahazaqa: you don make sense for ur eyes now o? Lol!! Well,I checked ur profile,you are a JJC. Dont let me spoil ur day. U might commit suicide. D; D; So u sabi speak Yoruba wella,and u even knw our Proverb? Hmm, take care.
Thk u my guy,so my post made u run go check my profile. Wel,i b jjc,i no,but av been folowing nairaland 4 almost 3yrs nw. Guy,una 2 insult my people,evn our mothers. Ko da be nw. Ewo, i no fit pa ara mi coz of u . Ti eba bu mi,afi ki emi na bu temi pada ni o.

2 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by asadike(f): 5:32pm On Jul 16, 2014
declaro:

pls ask ur mum who ur real father is. Somtin is rong somewhere.

3 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by asadike(f): 5:38pm On Jul 16, 2014
zendy: Reading through this thread,anyone would understand why Igbos and Yorubas are not meant to be together as a nation. We are different in our outlook on life and our history isn't a good one. As a proud Igbo man,I'm happy to identify with the cause of my people and everybody knows that the real enemy of the Igbos are the northerners. The fact that the Yorubas have decided to be allies of the north puts them in the same boat. Nigeria is today a contraption which the Yorubas and Northerners want use to control the state of affairs to the detriment of the rest of us. APC supporter of APC party (which we all know is just a vehicle for Buhari and his vice presidential candidate,Tinubu, to take power) is just one method they wish to use. We have all outgrown this " I am greater than you and you are greater than me" nonsense. What we should all be talking about is how we should all have our individual nations.We should competing as nations instead of competing as citizens of a British fabrication called Nigeria. The people of the South-east and South-South know that they have no future in Nigeria,they know that the reason why the civil war was fought was not because of the 'incredible love' the Yorubas and the northern friends have for the Okirika man or the Ijaw man or Efik man or the Igbo man.They fought to control the economic and political life of these people. We should on Nairaland talking about what the republics of Odudwa and Biafra and the Niger-delta are doing together as independent world nations and our achievements but here we are talking as 'Nigerians' ,a name given to us by some British mans girlfriend. One thing about the Yorubas that I and my fellow Igbos always ponder about is why these people have long sold off their God given right to self determination and the Oduduwa republic dream to be ass-lickers of the north? Why are these people not ready to remove the shackles of bondage called Nigeria just like the people of the South-east and South-south are trying to? Therein is why the Igbos and Yorubas are as different as day and night.
ezigbo nwanem,chukwu gozie gi.

1 Like

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by PenSniper: 5:48pm On Jul 16, 2014
chiedu7:

DUMBASS.
TRIBALISM ENTERED NIJA POLITICS WHEN ACTION GROUPS POLITICIANS ALL LEFT ZIK AND JOINED AWO ONE DAY!

DUMBASS YOU ARE

What you dumb ass refered to is called politicking and horse-trading and is no different from cross-carpetting taking place nowadays. The first coupists in Nigeria started tribalism by killing leaders of other tribes except their own. Stupid apes who cannot think rationally as humans.

3 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Vansnickers: 7:52pm On Jul 16, 2014

Ibos, sitdown and drink some Tea with Kermit. grin grin grin grin grin

Tell him all your problems, he has time to listen. grin

1 Like

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jul 16, 2014
asadike: Thk u my guy,so my post made u run go check my profile. Wel,i b jjc,i no,but av been folowing nairaland 4 almost 3yrs nw. Guy,una 2 insult my people,evn our mothers. Ko da be nw. Ewo, i no fit pa ara mi coz of u . Ti eba bu mi,afi ki emi na bu temi pada ni o.
If anybody quote me,I check his or her profile first. I'm sorry. Take care.
Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by asadike(f): 4:12am On Jul 17, 2014
rahazaqa: If anybody quote me,I check his or her profile first. I'm sorry. Take care.
alryt dear. I am sory 2. N.b. I mis my sec sch best friend racheal,a yoruba 4rm anglican grammar sch. Girl if u dey nairaland, i want u 2 no dat i mis u o. Corect girl wit a kind heart._ur friend,city girl.
Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Nobody: 5:21am On Jul 17, 2014
Africans are too shallow minded.
Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by zendy: 3:16pm On Jul 17, 2014
I want to clarify something's that certain ignorant Yorubas have used to justify the senseless assault on Igbos.

1) The January 1966 coup was not an Igbo coup. At the time,the majority of Officers were Igbos and thus why most of the officers were from that part of Nigeria. It should also be pointed out that 2 leading members of that plot were Yorubas (Ademoyega and Victor Banjo). One last thing about this coup which Yorubas might find interesting is that the plotters had no desire to take power for themselves ,they actually wanted to make Awolowo head of Government!

2) The so called invasion of Ore,which incidentally was led by a Yoruba man (Victor Banjo), was in response to the shelling of Garkem,a Biafran border town.The war had already been started by Nigerians and it was only natural for Biafra to invade Nigeria.

3)The final thing I want to say which I consider a major difference between my Igbo people and Yorubas is that Igbos have the unquechable thirst for freedom and to reach new horizons. This is a major reason why Igbos are the second largest population in every state after the indigenous population of that state. I grew up reading the rich cultural history of the Yorubas. I read that the Oyo empire once stretched from present day Benin to old Dahomey. How come that the present day Yoruba man has lost all sense of self determination in the name of 'one Nigeria'? The Niger delta militant leader,Isaac Boro declared the Republic of the Niger delta in 1966. Ojukwu declared Biafra in 1967. What have the Yorubas ever done to have their own nation?What the Yorubas are busy doing is fighting for regional autonomy,resource control and Yoruba presidency when all of these things would have been taken for granted if they ever have the backbone to fight for their own separate country. The worst thing is that whenever the people of the south east or South -South seek their independence,it is the Yorubas who will conspire with their northern allies to frustrate that venture. They will even come in Nairaland to post a litany of petty reasons why Biafra must not be. I think that says a lot that the present day Yorubas have thrown away their sovereignty for the sake of the British created 'petting zoo' called Nigeria. And they are doing this with a dangerous scorpion called Hausa/Fulanis. The relationship between Yorubas and Igbos? There isn't one,the Igbos shed slave mentality a long time ago and fought a war to prove it. We are waiting for the day the Yorubas will come to table as their own masters instead of as Nigerians(a by-word for slave of northerners) then we shall see what relationship there can be.

4 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by PenSniper: 5:26pm On Jul 17, 2014
chiedu7:

DUMBASS.

DUMBASS YOU ARE

So even you acknowledge that Igbos are the dumb race hence the dumb-looking boy's picture you posted who is unmistakably Igbo. See how scums like you shoot themselves behind the back ?

3 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by PenSniper: 6:19pm On Jul 17, 2014
zendy: I want to clarify something's that certain ignorant Yorubas have used to justify the senseless assault on Igbos.

1) The January 1966 coup was not an Igbo coup. At the time,the majority of Officers were Igbos and thus why most of the officers were from that part of Nigeria. It should also be pointed out that 2 leading members of that plot were Yorubas (Ademoyega and Victor Banjo). One last thing about this coup which Yorubas might find interesting is that the plotters had no desire to take power for themselves ,they actually wanted to make Awolowo head of Government!

2) The so called invasion of Ore,which incidentally was led by a Yoruba man (Victor Banjo), was in response to the shelling of Garkem,a Biafran border town.The war had already been started by Nigerians and it was only natural for Biafra to invade Nigeria.

3)The final thing I want to say which I consider a major difference between my Igbo people and Yorubas is that Igbos have the unquechable thirst for freedom and to reach new horizons. This is a major reason why Igbos are the second largest population in every state after the indigenous population of that state. I grew up reading the rich cultural history of the Yorubas. I read that the Oyo empire once stretched from present day Benin to old Dahomey. How come that the present day Yoruba man has lost all sense of self determination in the name of 'one Nigeria'? The Niger delta militant leader,Isaac Boro declared the Republic of the Niger delta in 1966. Ojukwu declared Biafra in 1967. What have the Yorubas ever done to have their own nation?What the Yorubas are busy doing is fighting for regional autonomy,resource control and Yoruba presidency when all of these things would have been taken for granted if they ever have the backbone to fight for their own separate country. The worst thing is that whenever the people of the south east or South -South seek their independence,it is the Yorubas who will conspire with their northern allies to frustrate that venture. They will even come in Nairaland to post a litany of petty reasons why Biafra must not be. I think that says a lot that the present day Yorubas have thrown away their sovereignty for the sake of the British created 'petting zoo' called Nigeria. And they are doing this with a dangerous scorpion called Hausa/Fulanis. The relationship between Yorubas and Igbos? There isn't one,the Igbos shed slave mentality a long time ago and fought a war to prove it. We are waiting for the day the Yorubas will come to table as their own masters instead of as Nigerians(a by-word for slave of northerners) then we shall see what relationship there can be.

Your long post is an attempt to rewrite history plus mere insinuations.
No. 1) That the coup plotters wanted to install Awolowo as head of govt. is fallacy. None of those concerned who have written books on the coup ever mentioned such and you cannot claim to know more than them. Again, Awolowo was in prison for the duration before the northern reprisal coup without Ironsi and his igbo cohorts calling the shots releasing him. To prove that it was Igbo coup, why did they kill all other regional leaders leaving only Igbo leaders- Azikiwe and Okpara - by Ifeajuna ? Ibo-Ibo - we-we ? Please try and find another lie to peddle. This doesnt jell and is meant for the trash can.
3) What has the declaration of those republics fetched for their people ? Nothing. Ojukwu turned lily-livered and chicken-hearted and abandoned his people to their peril having taken them midstream like an army deserter !! A colonel my foot. It takes people with brains and brawns for meticulous plans before taking the plunge into the unknown neither of which qualities the Igbo have but which are not lacking in the,Yoruba. I've lost count of the number of times MASSOB and the Biafrian Zionists have issued toothless ultimatums with no action to back it up. Its always better to make a bluff that can be backed up if called. That is the stuff of which the Yoruba is made which many do not know. Like they say, its not by gra-gra. Let me remind you that the Igbos are spread out everywhere like bees because of two main reasons - a) their ingrained, morbid craze for expansionism and, b) they are the biblical Cain who were cursed by God to be perpetual wanderers. Cain killed sleep and rest by murdering Abel. The Igbos killed peace and unity in Nigeria through the first coup. Ifeajuna turned his back on his colleagues, warned Zik of Onitsha and Okpara, disguised himself in female clothing, and fled. Ironsi, Ojukwu and co. imposed a unitary system of govt. on the country preparatory to enslaving other regions. Zik later turned against biafra and hobnobed with the FG. It seems deserting ones own people is hereditary in Igbos.

6 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by logica(m): 7:37pm On Jul 17, 2014
zendy: I want to clarify something's that certain ignorant Yorubas have used to justify the senseless assault on Igbos.

Tales by moonlight. Where can I get the theme song for that program again? grin
Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by mainman7(m): 11:28pm On Jul 17, 2014
asadike: pls ask ur mum who ur real father is. Somtin is rong somewhere.

Even the Bible says "Pride goeth before destruction" People only get drowned by the river they underestimated.

Did you notice that even his last win didn't get much attention like this his one loss? Moral: many would pretend not to see you achieving, and go all gleeful when you lose.

No matter how we pretend, the truth is the truth, and always too glaring. The demoralizing hate comments against Olufemi Anthony Joshua has been from Igbos and some very very few gullible senseless Yorubas that follows anything Igbos say. What hurts Igbos most in this life is to see Yorubas shine. With perfect hatered, they hate to see Yorubas shine. They are subconsciously green with incurable envy of Yorubas, so, they tell other tribes very slanderous derogatory things about the Yorubas They never say a single good thing about Yorubas even though they are far more evil, less intelligent and greedy than the Yorubas. Igbos should naturally accept that God created Yorubas to be superior to them. They should just bow to us so that Nigeria can move forward.

Igbos are the most selfish shallow-minded sad Souls on Earth. Igbos still don't realize that Yorubas are not ordinary beings.

Intelligent Yorubas have now understand why Igbos are forever pained. The pathological hatred that Igbos have towards Yorubas is unconsciously because Yorubas have naturally first achieved and still achieving every Greatness that Igbos hope to achieve in this Life: they stigmatized and spread lies that Yorubas are cowards, yet we gallantly won the 1635 Oshogo War against the Fulanis (something that Igbos can never achieve). They said we are not strong to fight yet we've produced the likes of Anthony Joshua the Strongest Man in the World for a while now, something no Igbo has ever and shall never achieve. Imagine if Olufemi was Igbo, we won't have rest from their shout of "Igbo Amaka" since all his winnings. Igbos started businesses hoping to produce the richest man and woman, yet non of them is as rich as Adenuga or Alakija. They started Churches, yes non of theirs could ever be as Great as that of Oyedepo or Adeboye. Igbos tried to top the Education sector and had to abandon that dream because Yorubas are the ones intelligent enough not only to lead that but lecture as numerous Professors in USA Universities and all over Europe Universities. Nigerian Ecommerce Crown belongs to Sola Akinlade of PayStack, Biggest Nigerian Forum owned by my Guy grin the great Yoruba son of Oshewa. Igbos started Arochukwu Cult, yet non of them could ever be as International as Ogboni. I don't know a single Yoruba man that belong to Arochukwu, but Igbos have no option than to bow to Yoruba superiority as many of them have joined Yoruba Ogboni Fraternity.

Igbos are the worst satanic ingrates in the World, they are never grateful for accommodating or showing them love. Yorubas should know that the only way they'll get their well deserved respect from Igbos is not by showing them love, but by treating them like Northerners do. The more you show Igbos love the more they'll disrespect and hate you. The only language they understand is to kill them and treat them without iota of mercy. Unlike HausaFulani that regularly slaughter them like chickens, we Yorubas accommodate them on our Lands as brothers but they are always enviously plotting evil against us and spreading slanderous derogatory lies about us.
Some intelligent NLander Yoruba guys and I were discussing Igbo/Yoruba observed stuffs and we came to one conclusion that some igbos were applying 48 Laws Power rules to brainwash gullible Yorubas here. Last year, they started derogatorily calling and generalizing all Yorubas as Afonjas when we were known as Awoists since my earliest times on NairaLand. They know you soon take on the Character of the name you accept. Before this igbos started this nonsense, we on NL know purselves to be Awoists portraying the great Awolowo values. Just like the igbos planned and hoped, now some gullible easily brainwashed Yorubas go like "we Afonjas are the best" .... Afonja was the greatest Enemy of Yorubas while Awolowo brought innumerable great pace-setting Achievements to Yoruba Land and to Nigeria as a whole. Awolowo is Nigeria's Greatest Generallissimo whose millitary intelligence and strategy quickly ended long-fought Civil war. igbos fabricated and perpetuated a lie that Awo ate poison when it was medically confirmed that Awolowo died from cardiac issues at ripe old age of 78 years old (how many of them spreading lies against us would even reach 70), which must have resulted from restlessly patriotically carrying the burden of efforts to make Nigeria great. Even Great Britain said Awolowo is the best President Nigeria never had. Some brainwashed Yorubas may try to point out Awo's faults, forgetting that NO humanbeing can be perfect. Ojuckwu cowardly ran away, yet igbos celebrate him till date. If he was to be Yoruba, he would have been skinned alive when he returned. Infact, his family would have been made to forever bury their head in shame. If you have NEVER achieved 10% of what Awo achieved for Yorubas and you crucify Awo... Any igbo that calls we Yorubas afonja again instead of Awoists shall soon die a painful death!

Next time you see a Yoruba, duff your hat and bow!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival / Different South African Tribes / First Appearance Of Ooni Of Ife And His New Wife Olori Naomi As She Minister(vid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.