Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

What Does The Nigerian Audience Want?????????????????????????????????????????? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / What Does The Nigerian Audience Want?????????????????????????????????????????? (743 Views)

Latest Addition To The Nigerian Music Scene, Godwin Jay Drops Club Banging Song / What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? / What does Gongo Aso mean? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does The Nigerian Audience Want?????????????????????????????????????????? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jul 13, 2014
During the 80's and 90's, music wasn't lucrative. Then, musicians always sang about things that made "sense".
They sang about the oppression, poverty and life generally.
Even the High life musicians used their highlife music to send out messages that impacted lives.
During this era. music sales was poor and most musicians lived in considerable poverty.

Now, Nigerian artistes are singing "rubbish" but music sales are at an all time high. They go for shows and makes millions every week.

Look at praiz and iyanya and chidinma. They all started as really good rnb singers but the Nigerian audience demand made them switch their style to commercial music. YET, I KEEP SEEING COMPLAINTS THAT THE NIGERIAN ARTISTES ARE SINGING "RUBBISH"... THAT THEY DONT "MAKE SENSE AND SEND MESSAGES" LIKE THEIR COUNTERPARTS IN THE 80'S

I AM HONESTLY CONFUSED.
MY QUESTION IS WHAT DOES THE NIGERIAN AUDIENCE WANT??

look at mode-9, asha, paul play, yemi alade (though she is switching style now), dipp, Eva alordiah, Praiz e.t.c.... these are people that their music came from their soul but all these people put together have not achieved the commercial success of wizkid or davido or p-square.

MY QUESTION IS WHAT DOES THE NIGERIAN MUSIC AUDIENCE WANT
Re: What Does The Nigerian Audience Want?????????????????????????????????????????? by Revolva(m): 5:41pm On Aug 01, 2014
Bro feel my blog n place ur ads there
Re: What Does The Nigerian Audience Want?????????????????????????????????????????? by Sessyjee(m): 10:18pm On Apr 16, 2015
They just want feel good songs.. They need tunes they can rock to in clubs, parties, in their car etc.. Something to divert ones attention from the challenges we face daily... Bro, this is the 'jaiye jaiye' generation...
Re: What Does The Nigerian Audience Want?????????????????????????????????????????? by danbrowndmf(m): 12:12pm On Apr 17, 2015
Doing Good songs in a commercial way. Korede Bello- GODWIN, 2face- JEJE, MI 3albums. listern to all this songs,the artiste behind the songs are making it because it a good song in a commercial way,everybody dnt need to sing like wizkid,shouting baby baby evewiwhere.

Baba Asa is Scoring more shows than wizkid oh
Re: What Does The Nigerian Audience Want?????????????????????????????????????????? by Westlife2013(m): 5:58pm On Apr 17, 2015
danbrowndmf:
Doing Good songs in a commercial way. Korede Bello- GODWIN, 2face- JEJE, MI 3albums. listern to all this songs,the artiste behind the songs are making it because it a good song in a commercial way,everybody dnt need to sing like wizkid,shouting baby baby evewiwhere.

Baba Asa is Scoring more shows than wizkid oh

I love your comment. How would you categorize this three songs bro www.360nobs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Smashy_Destiny.mp3 and this www.360nobs.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/SMASHY_OLOOMI-ACOUSTIC.mp3 and finally this http://cdn13.hulkshare.com/dev13/0/009/266/0009266383.fid/SMASHY-WALKED%2520AWAY_1_.mp3?key=66b6a8d567584dd7a737fa3b5948da26&dl=1
Re: What Does The Nigerian Audience Want?????????????????????????????????????????? by danbrowndmf(m): 7:04pm On Apr 17, 2015
[quote
author=Westlife2013 post=32828034]

I love your comment. How would you categorize this three songs bro
www.360nobs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Smashy_Destiny.mp3 and this
www.360nobs.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/SMASHY_OLOOMI-ACOUSTIC.mp3
and finally this
http://cdn13.hulkshare.com/dev13/0/009/266/0009266383.fid/SMASHY-WALKED%2520AWAY_1_.mp3?key=66b6a8d567584dd7a737fa3b5948da26&dl=1[/quote] The Songs are Good. sometimes the kind of PR we work with,kill our artistes. ts nt about Big Money Promotion Evrytime. if u hv 1.2M with a sensible PR u and a Good artiste,ur artiste will surely Pave wave.

Mediocrity PR are killing Good artiste,they ignore the little promotion and park all d money to DJs only

Am an Upcoming Rapper and i Know what am saying if you Invest 1.2M on me,bro e no go tey sef i don score HiT

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

X-busta - SHOMO [audio/video] / The 10 Hottest Artists In Nigeria 2014 / Independence Day Concert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.