Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,832 members, 7,851,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:42 AM

Tenth Of All - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tenth Of All (502 Views)

The Virtues Of Fasting On The Tenth Day Of Muharram / Is It A Sin If I Dont Give Exactly One-tenth Of My Salary As Tithe? / All Mention Of "Tithe", "Tithes", "Tenth Unto", In The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tenth Of All by annback: 11:08pm On Jul 13, 2014
Lev 27:30 And all the tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land or of the fruit of the tree, is the Lord's; it is holy to the Lord.

Mal 3:10 Bring all the tithes (the whole tenth of your income) into the storehouse, that there may be food in My house, and prove Me now by it, says the Lord of hosts, if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.(D)

11And I will rebuke the devourer [insects and plagues] for your sakes and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground, neither shall your vine drop its fruit before the time in the field, says the Lord of hosts.

12And all nations shall call you happy and blessed, for you shall be a land of delight, says the Lord of hosts.

Matt 23:23 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, pretenders (hypocrites)! For you give a tenth of your mint and dill and cummin, and have neglected and omitted the weightier (more important) matters of the Law--right and justice and mercy and fidelity. These you ought [particularly] to have done, without neglecting the others

The issue of tithe in the Bible cannot be over emphasized. Many have said that tithing is a way pastors extort money from members, but is that what the bible told us?
Since every Christian follow the examples and teachings of Jesus, WHAT DID JESUS TEACH ABOUT TITHE?
Matt 23:23 ...This you should have done( Justice and mercy) without forgetting the former (Tithing). This passage above shows us that Jesus never condemned tithing rather He condemned the Pharisees to think they are justified simply cos they cos they pay tithe.

WRONG TITHING
Most salary earners have this wrong way of tithing whereby they only tithe their salary, forgetting that every penny that enters their hands should be tithed. Including money people dash you, and your daily earning outside their monthly salary.

BENEFITS OF TITHING
1. A good and a faithful tither never pays same thing anytime he/she pays his/her tithe. Why? cos there will always be an increase. So as you increase on your income, your tithe increases.
2. God will rebuke for your sake those things that will milk your pocket dry. Anything that would make you spend your money in tears (Devourers).

Its such a shame that many Christians don't pay tithe based on the reasons best known to them. Or due to ignorance.
Tithing was given as a law many years after Abraham, who gave his tithe to a priest. The reason is to help in the house of the Lord, and to pay workers in Gods house.

WHY DON'T ALL CHRISTIANS PAY TITHE
1.Teachings: Many is due to what they were taught
2. Due to ignorance of what they stand to gain or loose. ( Cos if we reverse Mal 3:11, it then means that the devourer will not be rebuked)
3. Some people naturally locks their heart against such subject.
4. While others sees it just as being religious. etc.

WHY SHOULD I PAY MY TITHE?
1. Its a command, Mal 3:10
2. Since there are still priests these days just like in the old, then they also need to be taken care of.
3. Church is loosing its financial power in a way, cos God's storehouse is bankrupt of food, whereas it shouldn't be.
4. A good tither will attract God's blessing.

Are you of the opinion that tithing is irrelevant? or that you don't tithe paying to attract God's blessings? well you maybe right, but know this THE BLESSINGS SURROUNDING A TITHER IS WAY-BETTER THAN THE ONE WHO DOES NOT TITHE
Re: Tenth Of All by PastorKun(m): 8:15am On Jul 14, 2014
Another fraudulent tithe thread

1 Like

Re: Tenth Of All by annback: 10:30pm On Jul 14, 2014
No so. But the reality on tithe

(1) (Reply)

"Enough Is Enough!!!" - Witches & Wizards Declare War On BOKO HARAM / New Man Made! / Prosperity Gospel - How Often Is It Be Preached?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.