Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,598 members, 7,820,146 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

Messi Wins World Cup 2014 Golden Ball - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi Wins World Cup 2014 Golden Ball (747 Views)

Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? / FIFA Releases World Cup Golden Ball Nominees / Cortana Predicts Germany To Beat Brazil In The World Cup 2014 Semi-Final Clash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Messi Wins World Cup 2014 Golden Ball by tovick(m): 11:23pm On Jul 13, 2014
The Barcelona ace finished on the losing side in Sunday's tournament decider in Rio de Janeiro but was nonetheless recognised for his individual excellence in Brazil Lionel Messi been won the Golden Ball following his inspirational performances for Argentina at World Cup 2014.
The Barcelona attacker was on the losing side in
Sunday's tournament decider, with the Albiceleste
going down 1-0 to Germany after extra-time in Rio
de Janeiro.
However, Messi has been rewarded for carrying his
side to the final, with the 27-year-old having racked
up four goals and one assist in seven appearances.
In claiming the prestigious prize, Messi emulates
the achievement of the man with whom he is so
often compared, compatriot Diego Maradona, who
skippered the Albiceleste to success in Mexico in
Messi is the third Argentine to receive the Golden
Ball, with Mario Kempes having become the
inaugural winner in 1978 on the back of his sensational goalscoring exploits during the country's victorious campaign on home soil.
Meanwhile, Germany's sweeper-keeper Manuel
Neuer beat off competition from fellow finalist Sergio
Romero, of Argentina, and Costa Rica shot-stopper
Keylor Navas for the Golden Glove.
Re: Messi Wins World Cup 2014 Golden Ball by publicenemy(m): 11:25pm On Jul 13, 2014
pure ojoro.

FIFA is a joke.
Re: Messi Wins World Cup 2014 Golden Ball by MaziOmenuko: 11:26pm On Jul 13, 2014
In this same tournament that we saw James Rodriguez scoring 6 goals with 2 assists; Robben running down his opponents with ease, scored 3 with 1 assist; Muller scoring 5 goals, 3 assists and winning the world cup?

If they don't know who to give it, they should give it to my grandma!

2 Likes

Re: Messi Wins World Cup 2014 Golden Ball by Lifebender(m): 11:27pm On Jul 13, 2014
I was abt to post d same tin ooo...and i've been asking maself d same question but the ansa has been d same tin.

Messi is FiFA pikin.CR7 for ballon d'or
Re: Messi Wins World Cup 2014 Golden Ball by tovick(m): 11:28pm On Jul 13, 2014
FIFA been biased again. Muller or Mascharano or King James should have won it
Re: Messi Wins World Cup 2014 Golden Ball by tovick(m): 11:30pm On Jul 13, 2014
Lifebender: I was abt to post d same tin ooo...and i've been asking maself d same question but the ansa has been d same tin.

Messi is FiFA pikin

2010 confirmed it
Re: Messi Wins World Cup 2014 Golden Ball by ebullientV(m): 11:31pm On Jul 13, 2014
Just a compensation for failing to win d real thing.
Re: Messi Wins World Cup 2014 Golden Ball by BTT(m): 11:32pm On Jul 13, 2014
publicenemy: pure ojoro

I am sure they had already done the paper-work in Messi's name and became too lazy to go back to the printing room.

#SeppBlatterMustGo

1 Like

Re: Messi Wins World Cup 2014 Golden Ball by tovick(m): 11:34pm On Jul 13, 2014
ebullientV: Just a compensation for failing to win d real thing.

or maybe it was already decided before the final
Re: Messi Wins World Cup 2014 Golden Ball by tovick(m): 11:34pm On Jul 13, 2014
BTT:

I am sure they had already done the paper-work in Messi's name and became too lazy to go back to the printing room.

#SeppBlatterMustGo

Looks like it
Re: Messi Wins World Cup 2014 Golden Ball by publicenemy(m): 11:36pm On Jul 13, 2014
MaziOmenuko: In this same tournament that we saw James scored 6 goals with 2 assists; Robben running down his opponents with ease, scored 3 with 1 assist; Muller scoring 5 goals, 3 assists and winning the world cup?

Bros i tire
Re: Messi Wins World Cup 2014 Golden Ball by MaziOmenuko: 11:39pm On Jul 13, 2014
No wonder the midget has 4 ballon d'ors to his name!
Re: Messi Wins World Cup 2014 Golden Ball by tovick(m): 11:42pm On Jul 13, 2014
MaziOmenuko: In this same tournament that we saw James Rodriguez scoring 6 goals with 2 assists; Robben running down his opponents with ease, scored 3 with 1 assist; Muller scoring 5 goals, 3 assists and winning the world cup?

it for get small justice shall. I thought Robben really played more than Messi, sentiment apart
Re: Messi Wins World Cup 2014 Golden Ball by Prymestrr(m): 11:43pm On Jul 13, 2014
MaziOmenuko: In this same tournament that we saw James Rodriguez scoring 6 goals with 2 assists; Robben running down his opponents with ease, scored 3 with 1 assist; Muller scoring 5 goals, 3 assists and winning the world cup?

Shows what a corrupt system the old, frail but still yet highly manipulative Sepp Blatter is running.
Re: Messi Wins World Cup 2014 Golden Ball by FYB(m): 11:44pm On Jul 13, 2014
if na me b fifa...I'll give it to Reuben, dat guy gave his best
Re: Messi Wins World Cup 2014 Golden Ball by Islie: 11:48pm On Jul 13, 2014
messi again

dem just give am say make hin take sometin go home....

Anyway congrats to Germanygrin
Re: Messi Wins World Cup 2014 Golden Ball by LblaqueHaven(m): 11:50pm On Jul 13, 2014
FIFA with their broad daylight robbery, messi does not deserve that award. James Rodriguez And other better players were robbed. I dislike FIFA officials with all their ojoro.
Re: Messi Wins World Cup 2014 Golden Ball by naijalodge(m): 11:51pm On Jul 13, 2014
Fiffa is a big Joke,the question is,on what criteria do they give the award,if its based on Goals,james shoule have won it,or Muller,if it was based on overall performance then Arjen Robben deserves it...Messi scored against cheap teams on group stage,Nigeria,iran and Bosnia...Fiffa is a Big joke..against Holand he was no where to be found,against Belgium di maria saved them and the other was Higuain..fiffa
Re: Messi Wins World Cup 2014 Golden Ball by PerfectFortune: 11:53pm On Jul 13, 2014
Am sure you guyz are not aware that he was voted and not pick. FIFA can only shortlist.

Messi remains a favourite coupled with his individual effort in taking the Argentians that far.
Re: Messi Wins World Cup 2014 Golden Ball by ebullientV(m): 12:03am On Jul 14, 2014
tovick:

or maybe it was already decided before the final
it's FIFA we are talking of here.. So am not shocked @ all.......
Re: Messi Wins World Cup 2014 Golden Ball by tovick(m): 5:51am On Jul 15, 2014
PerfectFortune: Am sure you guyz are not aware that he was voted and not pick. FIFA can only shortlist.

Messi remains a favourite coupled with his individual effort in taking the Argentians that far.

His effort wasn't as much as Mascharano or Robben.

(1) (Reply)

The Paradoxical Arrival Vidal To Manchester United / SPORTS Betting....share Your Experience / Enyeama Appreciates Fans, Congratulates Brahimi On BBC Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.