Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,462 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) (14750 Views)

Trailer Crushes Police Vehicle On Aba-Owerri Road (Photos) / What I Saw On The Street Of Port Harcourt / The Pathetic Condition Of Nigerian & Black African Migrants Stranded In Morocco (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) by Nobody: 7:43am On Jul 14, 2014
gej till 2019!!! una go learn

1 Like

Re: Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) by otagbuegede: 7:52am On Jul 14, 2014
I felt the same way the day I plied that road. spent 4 hrs on a 25 minutes section of the road..so horrible. .
Rochas.,Gej there is God ooh

1 Like

Re: Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) by otokx(m): 7:54am On Jul 14, 2014
Ever since we drove passed that road in May my car has not been the same. Spent over 3 hours on that spot, had to take a detour thru some villages after paying the youths tax. Inside Owerri at the umuguma axis is a river when it rains, our car got flooded. Truly we are enjoying in Rivers State. Owerri to Onitsha was okay but the road blocks were so many. Soldiers and Police, we were like is there a war going on?

1 Like

Re: Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) by JackBaueress(f): 8:01am On Jul 14, 2014
kabba7: [b][/b]
That road is a trunk A 4lane road just completed by the Jonathan administration it was destroyed by his enemies APC ,Buhari , OBJ ,Atiku ,patience Sambo and others please ask the TAN group for detail explanations .
That road is in perfect condition .
When will you have sense?

1 Like

Re: Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) by kingk(m): 8:10am On Jul 14, 2014
I pitied my car when I drove pass that road last two weeks....., mehn! It was terrible.

1 Like

Re: Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) by kingk(m): 8:21am On Jul 14, 2014
kabba7: [b][/b]
That road is a trunk A 4lane road just completed by the Jonathan administration it was destroyed by his enemies APC ,Buhari , OBJ ,Atiku ,patience Sambo and others please ask the TAN group for detail explanations .
That road is in perfect condition .

That road for me has never been good.

1 Like

Re: Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) by Nobody: 8:32am On Jul 14, 2014
Plied that road twice last week,

On Thursday, some robbers robbed a couple of travellers around there at about 9am, few minutes before I got there, even the rescue police van couldn't come closer to the point of the incident.

That road is an embarrassment to the Jonathan led administration!

3 Likes

Re: Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) by meexteriox(m): 8:33am On Jul 14, 2014
I was supposed to travel to PH via Asaba by road for an engagement on Sunday, the thought and my recent encounter with this particular road discouraged me.

It's an eye sore really, a shame.
Re: Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) by CharlieMaria(m): 8:37am On Jul 14, 2014
Nice one op. That route is deadly.

1 Like

Re: Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) by Blockus: 8:44am On Jul 14, 2014
Rochas Owelle dey use that road do Imo State people 'the more you look, the less you see'.. grin

Arab Contractors got the contract to build the road. I will like to state categorically that the quality of Work Arab contractors put into the short stretch it worked on can never be compared to the work done by Setraco on the Rivers State axis of the same road.

Its really pitiful to behold. I travelled from Port-Harcourt to Lagos via Owerri - Onitsha express and that spot was the worst patch of road I encountered on my entire trip.

#Rochas till Russia 2018 WC. grin

1 Like

Re: Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) by BIGDOE(m): 9:02am On Jul 14, 2014
Honestly,d condition is much more worse dan these pixs show,n d spoilt part stretches so long. N its d imo state territory cos til u c welcome to Imo state,d road is perfect 2 lane.

The Imo state govt r payin deaf ears to dis deplorable condition.i serve there til last month n i know wat am talkin. I do enta PH often so am no stranger to d road,there was a day 2 trailers carrying containers fell either side of d road. d rainy season don worsen tins.
Re: Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) by danot1030: 9:03am On Jul 14, 2014
Jonathan is working: GEJ till eternity.
Re: Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) by saintikechi(m): 9:20am On Jul 14, 2014
Since rochas join APC, nothing dey move for imo
Re: Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) by Abagworo(m): 9:28am On Jul 14, 2014
The truth remains bitter about the total neglect of all federal roads in Imo State. This one is a small case when compared with the Nnewi-Okigwe highway. Igbo leaders will continue to collect crumbs from Abuja at the expense of their own people. PDP will surely loose in Imo next year. I get surprised each time I see Okupe post pictures of Onitsha-Owerri road as achievement of this administration. That is more or less total falsehood as much of the road was done during OBJ era including the Njaba and Oba difficult terrains. By the time Yar'Adua died it was 98% complete with only a short distance within Ihiala LGA remaining.
Re: Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) by C0llynzO2: 9:33am On Jul 14, 2014
Abagworo: The truth remains bitter about the total neglect of all federal roads in Imo State. This one is a small case when compared with the Nnewi-Okigwe highway. Igbo leaders will continue to collect crumbs from Abuja at the expense of their own people. PDP will surely loose in Imo next year. I get surprised each time I see Okupe post pictures of Onitsha-Owerri road as achievement of this administration. That is more or less total falsehood as much of the road was done during OBJ era including the Njaba and Oba difficult terrains. By the time Yar'Adua died it was 98% complete with only a short distance within Ihiala LGA remaining.
What has your master Rochas done about it?
Why has your arsè-licking master never raised an alarm concerning the state of the road? Imo people put him there to represent them, he is supposed to be our voice.
Amaechi repaired the PH section granted, Imo state ''might'' not have the money to do same, but Amaechi also pressurised the FG to work on the east west road which is almost completed as we speak.
What has your sycophant Rochas brought for Imo with his status as an opposition governor?
The fool is neither here nor there, he wants to be in the good books of everyone just because of a selfish ambition he will not achieve.

3 Likes

Re: Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) by Nobody: 9:35am On Jul 14, 2014
NO YAWA
NA DIVIDENDS
Re: Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) by kel4soft: 9:48am On Jul 14, 2014
I passed through that road last year December while coming back from Enugu to PH (ABC). I thought that road would have been better than this cos Arab Contractors was working on that road. Maybe funding or somethinh

I only breathe a sigh of relief when i entered Rivers Station.
Re: Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) by Amhappy(f): 9:55am On Jul 14, 2014
I pass this road frequently,i will even pass it today. That area is very bad and armed robbers are taking the advantage of the bad state of this road to rob people almost on a daily basis.
Re: Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) by Toktee(m): 9:57am On Jul 14, 2014
If you travel from minna-mokwa to kwara state,i bet u,you will swear for jonathan and the pdp.
Re: Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) by Toktee(m): 10:00am On Jul 14, 2014
Toktee: If you travel from minna-mokwa to kwara state,i bet u,you will swear for jonathan and the pdp.
Re: Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) by robosky02(m): 10:29am On Jul 14, 2014
na waooooo
rochas and amaechi
Re: Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) by victor2exl(m): 10:34am On Jul 14, 2014
lynpetra: Nigerians are used to bullshittt already.That road is as old as moses white beards.

By the way, I am first to comment.

Gov Rochas of Imo state is a fraud.....
Re: Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) by vanndubi: 10:48am On Jul 14, 2014
jodeci: Still wonder why the OP failed to point out that the road is under construction by Arab Contractors,if the OP is not naive he would have known that Rochas cannot award or work on a road that has already been awarded.

He just wants to be heard and we don hear.That stretch of road is about 50%completed,i guess the delay is due to paucity of funds..we know milestone payment stuff.

jodeci: Still wonder why the OP failed to point out that the road is under construction by Arab Contractors,if the OP is not naive he would have known that Rochas cannot award or work on a road that has already been awarded.

He just wants to be heard and we don hear.That stretch of road is about 50%completed,i guess the delay is due to paucity of funds..we know milestone payment stuff.

I just want to be heard, I think that's absurd. The subject of this posting mentioned "Umuapu axis" but u're the type that finds it difficult to comprehend written words. And it is on that ground alone I can pardon u for saying that I just want to be heard.

If you pay ur tax as at when due and u own a car, u'll understand why we should not beg govt to make our road motorable. I no longer travel in the comfort of my car. Why? Each time I travel in my car, I'll end up visiting my mechanic.

Meanwhile, I've passed imo into Rivers and contractor is no where to be found.

I don't know u n u do know me. I'm not the type of person that his shoes will be causing him pains and he'll Keep quiet. We'll continue to voice out the injustice meted on us by our so called servants. Thanks to Nairaland

Hope u'll enjoy the pix where they're off-loading their goods cos their vehicle got stucked this morning

1 Like

Re: Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) by RebelLeader15(m): 10:54am On Jul 14, 2014
Nigerians are use to the Suffering and Smiling way of life

Nigerian, enduring since 1960 t
Re: Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) by skullz: 10:57am On Jul 14, 2014
From Lagos to portharcourt, when we got to this road, I was afraid the ABC coach would tumble.
Re: Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) by Richy4(m): 11:25am On Jul 14, 2014
I do not understand how does the governor and the commissioners pass through that road to reach out to the community or the people living around that area?

Or do they pass there only on campaign period haba!!!! sad
Re: Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) by Blockus: 11:43am On Jul 14, 2014
vanndubi:

I just want to be heard, I think that's absurd. The subject of this posting mentioned "Umuapu axis" but u're the type that finds it difficult to comprehend written words. And it is on that ground alone I can pardon u for saying that I just want to be heard.

If you pay ur tax as at when due and u own a car, u'll understand why we should not beg govt to make our road motorable. I no longer travel in the comfort of my car. Why? Each time I travel in my car, I'll end up visiting my mechanic.

Meanwhile, I've passed imo into Rivers and contractor is no where to be found.

I don't know u n u do know me. I'm not the type of person that his shoes will be causing him pains and he'll Keep quiet. We'll continue to voice out the injustice meted on us by our so called servants. Thanks to Nairaland

Hope u'll enjoy the pix where they're off-loading their goods cos their vehicle got stucked this morning

[b]I last saw Ndi Arab Contractors on that road last in 2012 into early 2013.

They have not been anywhere on that road since before June 2013 and now. I drive regularly and that road has not progressed an inch from where Arab Contractors stopped in 2012.

The funniest part of the stroy is that Rochas has pictures of the worked section of the road on his almanac of things achieved by his government. grin

Also, the quality of the worked section of that road is so poor in comparison with the job done by Setraco on the rivers axis of the same road. Whilst Setraco excavated the existing ground and used White sand to fill and compact the road before tarring, Arab contractors simply graded the road and layed down tar. grin No drainage (like the PH side has), nothing.

And yet some Imo State APC attack dogs (names witheld) would never call a spade by its real name despite it carry the clearly marked label on it. angry

Fhuck Rochas. angry Its should be a thing of shame that inbetween Rivers State and Lagos State, the worst road section is in Imo State. angry [/b]
Re: Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) by Douglasdale(m): 12:00pm On Jul 14, 2014
For BLOCKUS and the likes who keep calling Rochas name and the Imo state govt... You guys are simply ignorant, foolish or being mischievous.
That road is a Federal Govt road.
The project was awarded by the NDDC, Under the ministry of Niger Delta Affairs, under the Federal Government.
The Road is about 60% completed.
The contractors are out of. Site due to pauscity of funds from the FG.
The minstry of finance is looking for alternate ways of financing that project, maybe thru Sure P funding.
The project is not under the IMO state govt and. It cannot finance that project.
Ferma is monitoring the project not ORO.
The pdp didn't see the need to ask GEJ about it when he came to owerri.
Let's stop this ignorance.
Re: Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) by Blockus: 12:04pm On Jul 14, 2014
Douglasdale: For BLOCKUS and the likes who keep calling Rochas name and the Imo state govt... You guys are simply ignorant, foolish or being mischievous.
That road is a Federal Govt road.
The project was awarded by the NDDC, Under the ministry of Niger Delta Affairs, under the Federal Government.
The Road is about 60% completed.
The contractors are out of. Site due to pauscity of funds from the FG.
The minstry of finance is looking for alternate ways of financing that project, maybe thru Sure P funding.
The project is not under the IMO state govt and. It cannot finance that project.
Ferma is monitoring the project not ORO.
The pdp didn't see the need to ask GEJ about it when he came to owerri.
Let's stop this ignorance.

Cool Gee..

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/912134_main_glb_corp_localep-ngHOMEPHC1l0239211DocumentsNew_Folder_21083_jpg065cc7e097142c6ca1c0d99edc1d908f[/img]

If Amaechi had used the same excuse, we all would be suffering the same shiit in Rivers State.. grin

But You and Rochas have chosen to hide behind this sign board;

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/912133_main_glb_corp_localep-ngHOMEPHC1l0239211DocumentsNew_Folder_21079_jpg15cd94420f22f2517ad70ba087c76066[/img]

Goodluck to Ndi Imo State.. You deserve the Government you got. grin

Meanwhile, both signboards are at the boundary of the same road.. Whilst Rivers State Government took responsibility and built theirs to premium standards, Imo State have absolved themselves of all responsibility choosing to hide behind the signboard I posted above. grin

O!! And both state governors are supporter of APC party members, so whats with the PDP comment?! Amaechi even has it worse than Rochas.. grin

1 Like

Re: Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) by jodeci(m): 12:13pm On Jul 14, 2014
Rivers get cash pass Imo state.Seriously Amaechi reasoned that since his people are more of the beneficiaries of this road,it was needless waiting for FG and their slow pace of work.
Re: Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) by C0llynzO2: 12:15pm On Jul 14, 2014
jodeci:

Rivers get cash pass Imo state.Seriously Amaechi reasoned that since his people are more of the beneficiaries of this road,it was needless waiting for FG and their slow pace of work.
Then Rochas should at least mount pressure on Jonathan and FG like Amaechi did regarding east-west road.
Why is Rochas not saying anything about the road despite being in the opposition?
He wants to be in everyone's good books just because of a selfish ambition.
His Presidential ambition is obviously more important than the comfort of his people.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Six Tips To Make Living In Lagos More Bearable / No Plane Crashed In Lagos - FAAN / Tanker Fell And Spilled Its Content In Benin City - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.