Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,471 members, 7,823,097 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch (36548 Views)

Most Cubans Originated From Yorubaland – Ambassador / 7 Important Facts To Know About Eze Nri Of The Igbos. / The Enchantment Of Igwulube Okodu,umuoji. The Humble Home Of Nri Priest! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch by macof(m): 8:54pm On Nov 03, 2014
ArtanK:
Right, so every tribe in Africa claims to be from Egypt.

A pity! This is really disgusting that majority of Africans today can't look into their history but bring up senseless lies to connect with Egyptians, Arabs or Hebrews

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch by Nobody: 11:03pm On Nov 03, 2014
ArtanK:

It may take visiting to change their minds.

Although, I probably shouldn't non-stop bash the place smh. I stand down grin
Re: Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch by onyedikachiyuda: 10:03am On Nov 04, 2014
The world hate the truth not because they don't know that it is the truth; but because they do not want it to be true.

Re: Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch by Nobody: 11:05am On Nov 04, 2014
onyedikachiyuda:
The world hate the truth not because they don't know that it is the truth; but because they do not want it to be true.

You do realize this is a modern painting, don't you? Have you seen contemporary Ancient Egyptian depictions of 'Libyans'?
Re: Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch by onyedikachiyuda: 4:04pm On Nov 04, 2014
Radoillo:

You do realize this is a modern painting, don't you? Have you seen contemporary Ancient Egyptian depictions of 'Libyans'?

What about this very one?

If you study about Libya very well then you will realize that the nation has been conquered severally. Starting from the Roman's, Greeks, Ottomans etc....

Re: Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch by Nobody: 4:23pm On Nov 04, 2014
I'm pretty sure you say a lot of Ancient Egyptian murals where 'Libyans' were depicted as light-skinned before you chose the racially ambiguous photo above.

I'm pretty sure you saw this one:

'Libyans', Nubian, Asiatic (probably Semitic) and Egyptian.
Re: Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch by onyedikachiyuda: 4:30pm On Nov 04, 2014
Radoillo:
I'm pretty sure you say a lot of Ancient Egyptian murals where 'Libyans' were depicted as light-skinned before you chose the racially ambiguous photo above.

I'm pretty sure you saw this one:

'Libyans', Nubian, Asiatic (probably Semitic) and Egyptian.

That they have people of lighter skin does not make them whites. However, the ancient painting found in the land are dark skin images of ancient libyans dating over ten thousand years ago.
Re: Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch by Nobody: 4:41pm On Nov 04, 2014
ArtanK:
It has to do with the halocene(hope its the right name) climatic period when the most habitable place on the African continent was the north. A period of the green and wet sahara. Much of the rest of the continent was a water world. The periods end about 5,000ya paved way for the drying up of the Sahara, and enabled the great migrations of the people south wards. Its alsothe reason why migrations followed a southward direction, as people followed the receding waters, ending up in riverine settlements. Its also probable that Egypt or what it was called at that time covered or controlled a more expansive territory than is acknowledged. I think there were many villages around all doing their own thing and probably paying someone protection fees or other form of tax.

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch by ArtanK(m): 5:15pm On Nov 04, 2014
macof:

A pity! This is really disgusting that majority of Africans today can't look into their history but bring up senseless lies to connect with Egyptians, Arabs or Hebrews

A pity it is indeed, they all subconsciously conceed that their ancestors were inferior to other tribes and their cultures.

EnlightenedSoul:

It may take visiting to change their minds.

Although, I probably shouldn't non-stop bash the place smh. I stand down grin

One day you'll have to tell me about your time in Egypt. You've got only bad stories about the place. undecided
Re: Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch by ArtanK(m): 5:18pm On Nov 04, 2014
muafrika:
It has to do with the halocene(hope its the right name) climatic period when the most habitable place on the African continent was the north. A period of the green and wet sahara. Much of the rest of the continent was a water world. The periods end about 5,000ya paved way for the drying up of the Sahara, and enabled the great migrations of the people south wards. Its alsothe reason why migrations followed a southward direction, as people followed the receding waters, ending up in riverine settlements. Its also probable that Egypt or what it was called at that time covered or controlled a more expansive territory than is acknowledged. I think there were many villages around all doing their own thing and probably paying someone protection fees or other form of tax.

I understand that but do you really think that every single tribe in Africa migrated southwards from Egypt?

I think they might have come in contact with the ancient Egyptians through trade and what not but I simply do not buy that we were ALL from there.
Re: Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 04, 2014
onyedikachiyuda:

That they have people of lighter skin does not make them whites. However, the ancient painting found in the land are dark skin images of ancient libyans dating over ten thousand years ago.

I'm not even talking about the racial category to which the 'Libyans' fell. You showed a modern drawing depicting 'Libyans' as black, and I just pointed out that that drawing is inaccurate.

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch by Nobody: 6:18pm On Nov 04, 2014
ArtanK:

One day you'll have to tell me about your time in Egypt. You've got only bad stories about the place. undecided

Surprised?
Re: Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch by Nobody: 9:14pm On Nov 04, 2014
ArtanK:

I understand that but do you really think that every single tribe in Africa migrated southwards from Egypt?

I think they might have come in contact with the ancient Egyptians through trade and what not but I simply do not buy that we were ALL from there.
I think parts of West Africa were occupied, and hunter gatherer communities in the rest of sub-sahara. Even the amazon has people living on water. I am not sure how real this is, but I came across an article on a very old city dwelling in South Africa. (Let me fish out the link).

www.viewzone.com/adamscalendar.html

www.pbs.org/wonders/fr_e6.htm

Ancient skeletal and artifact in Kenya seems to point to it being inhabited by some people long ago. There is this valley in Turkana full of sharpened flint stones. They are so many, the museum has not moved them. I would love to know who these people were.
Re: Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch by ArtanK(m): 4:48am On Nov 05, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Surprised?

Not at all. I've been to Yemen and I imagine places Egypt and Libya to be just as bad, if not worse.
Re: Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch by ArtanK(m): 5:03am On Nov 05, 2014
muafrika:
I think parts of West Africa were occupied, and hunter gatherer communities in the rest of sub-sahara. Even the amazon has people living on water. I am not sure how real this is, but I came across an article on a very old city dwelling in South Africa. (Let me fish out the link).

www.viewzone.com/adamscalendar.html

www.pbs.org/wonders/fr_e6.htm

Ancient skeletal and artifact in Kenya seems to point to it being inhabited by some people long ago. There is this valley in Turkana full of sharpened flint stones. They are so many, the museum has not moved them. I would love to know who these people were.

History proves that only certain groups migrated back to sub-saharan Africa. It seems like a lot of people just want some sort of connection with the ancient Egyptians and I'm wondering if it is because the white man told them that any other civilisation beside the Egyptian was insignificant.
Re: Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch by Nobody: 6:58am On Nov 05, 2014
@Artank, There were other great civilizations at the same time. But refered to is part of the folklore on origins when Africans had limited knowledge of the modern depiction of the place so I doubt it has anything to do with the perception of prestige.

Not all African tribes traditionally refer to Egypt as their origin, I know of only the waring Nilotes of South Sudan, a few Bantu tribes who dwell and migrated beside nilotes like the Bukusu, and as per this thread, the Igbo, and even then, as a point of transition, not origin. His story compliments the biblical record by Jeremiah of the fall of Israel to Babylon, when some Israelites fled into Egypt;

Jer 41:16 "Then took Johanan...and all the captains of the forces that were with him, all the remnant of the people...and the women and children...Ch 43:7...So they came into the land of Egypt..."
-And brought a curse with them...Ch.44:13- "...I(God) will punish them...by sword...famine...pestilence...none shall return but such as shall escape.(V.14)"

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch by macof(m): 9:49am On Nov 05, 2014
muafrika:

what people do u know that claim Egyptian origin? I believe the drying up of the sahara isn't the exact time of people running out of Egypt rather people running into Egypt to seek the Nile and the Mediterranean sea

If at all there are tribes deep in Africa claiming Egyptian origin, their migration would have been caused by the multiple invaders like Persians, Romans and Arabs which is not even up to 3000yrs

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch by TonySpike: 10:05am On Nov 05, 2014
macof:

what people do u know that claim Egyptian origin? I believe the drying up of the sahara isn't the exact time of people running out of Egypt rather people running into Egypt to seek the Nile and the Mediterranean sea

If at all there are tribes deep in Africa claiming Egyptian origin, their migration would have been caused by the multiple invaders like Persians, Romans and Arabs which is not even up to 3000yrs
You are very right! I read the history of the Luo people of Kenya sometime ago. Their history specifically mentioned the invasion of Cambyses Il and other notable invasions as responsible for their migration. The Sahara dispersal is believed to have occurred between 10,000 BC and 5000 BC. This is just before the beginning of dynastic Egypt.
Re: Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch by Nobody: 10:40am On Nov 05, 2014
macof:

Mostly Nilotes. The Nuer, Dinka, among Bantus, not many; Abagusii, Bukusu, a couple in Uganda, Zimbabwe.

So, 5000ka, the climate pushes many tribal nations to ward Egypt. 3000ka, Egypt falls to Babylon(Caucasians) whose rule I believe continues. Note tha the Bantu migration is estimated to be 5000-3000ka. They must have fled from invading Caucassians. It would make sense of the sudden migrations south. Bantu tribes like the Meru speak of escaping slavery by "red people." Maasai speak of a black god and a red, vengeful god.
Re: Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch by Nobody: 10:58am On Nov 05, 2014
TonySpike:

You are very right! I read the history of the Luo people of Kenya sometime ago. Their history specifically mentioned the invasion of Cambyses Il and other notable invasions as responsible for their migration. The Sahara dispersal is believed to have occurred between 10,000 BC and 5000 BC. This is just before the beginning of dynastic Egypt.
Some estimations place the begining of the bantu migration at 5000. Being farmers, it coincides with the begining of the dry Sahara. The 3000 coincides with the Babylonian takeover of most of the world. It may be that both are right; two batches of migration, 2000yrs apart. It would also explain the physical differerences between various Bantu groups.
Re: Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch by Nobody: 11:06am On Nov 05, 2014
ArtanK:

Not at all. I've been to Yemen and I imagine places Egypt and Libya to be just as bad, if not worse.

Lived or visited?
Re: Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch by ArtanK(m): 11:08am On Nov 05, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Lived or visited?

Visited. I'd never want to live there.
Re: Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch by Nobody: 11:13am On Nov 05, 2014
ArtanK:

Visited. I'd never want to live there.

You should tell me about that lol. I'll be back.
Re: Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch by ArtanK(m): 11:19am On Nov 05, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

You should tell me about that lol. I'll be back.

Ok but you're telling about your 'horrible' time in Egypt as well. tongue
Re: Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch by Nobody: 12:49pm On Nov 05, 2014
ArtanK:

Ok but you're telling about your 'horrible' time in Egypt as well. tongue

What happens in Alexandria stays in Alexandria tongue
Re: Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch by ArtanK(m): 2:06pm On Nov 05, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

What happens in Alexandria stays in Alexandria tongue

Hmm, in that case, what happened in Sana'a stayed there. grin
Re: Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch by Nobody: 3:47pm On Nov 05, 2014
ArtanK:

Hmm, in that case, what happened in Sana'a stayed there. grin

Fair enough, walaal.
Re: Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch by Dainfamous: 9:48am On Nov 13, 2014
This during the Feast of Tabernacles 2014 in Port harcourt Give thanks to YAHUAH, call upon His Name, Make known His deeds among the peoples! (1 Chronicles 16smiley We are growing spreading all over igbo speaking land this is who we are. G-d of Israel is Awesome God....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RGcb7alSk0

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch by CHIOMAIGBO: 1:12pm On Nov 17, 2014
@ macof

I would like to say in summary to all you posted; "you are actually confused".

Let us reason together (we are all good people).

1. No matter all kinds of lies/ deceits employed by the whites to deprive blacks of their rightful place in history; there is one thing they had never, can never, and will never deprive blacks of: The very fact that Life started in Africa; and this is the base of my argument.

2. For the very fact that life began in Africa makes Africa the Home of Creation implying that 'Garden of Eden' is truly located in Africa and not anywhere in Europe or Ireland (as they claimed).

3. If Africa is the first home of man, then, it implies that Africans had known God before the whites and never the other way round.

4. For the fact that white race does not give birth to blacks; but black race can give birth to whites or whatsoever then makes black race the progenitor of other races.

5. You actually agreed to the fact that all humans before time were blacks (I can quote you if you like). Then, how could you think that the language that God taught Adam to speak and were spoken by the Ancient people could possibly be a white man's language whereas blacks were before whites; or are you trying to say that whites lived before blacks.

6. If truly that the MOST HIGH created the world and man (even the Angels) with Hebrew language then it simply implies that the true owners/ speakers of this ancient language are blacks and never whites because the first ones were blacks.

Truth is something which no one can change; but you have the choice to take (accept) it or not; but you can't change it.[color=#770077][/color]

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch by Nobody: 4:52pm On Nov 17, 2014
CHIOMAIGBO:
@ macof

I would like to say in summary to all you posted; "you are actually confused".

Let us reason together (we are all good people).

1. No matter all kinds of lies/ deceits employed by the whites to deprive blacks of their rightful place in history; there is one thing they had never, can never, and will never deprive blacks of: The very fact that Life started in Africa; and this is the base of my argument.

2. For the very fact that life began in Africa makes Africa the Home of Creation implying that 'Garden of Eden' is truly located in Africa and not anywhere in Europe or Ireland (as they claimed).

3. If Africa is the first home of man, then, it implies that Africans had known God before the whites and never the other way round.

4. For the fact that white race does not give birth to blacks; but black race can give birth to whites or whatsoever then makes black race the progenitor of other races.

5. You actually agreed to the fact that all humans before time were blacks (I can quote you if you like). Then, how could you think that the language that God taught Adam to speak and were spoken by the Ancient people could possibly be a white man's language whereas blacks were before whites; or are you trying to say that whites lived before blacks.

6. If truly that the MOST HIGH created the world and man (even the Angels) with Hebrew language then it simply implies that the true owners/ speakers of this ancient language are blacks and never whites because the first ones were blacks.

Truth is something which no one can change; but you have the choice to take (accept) it or not; but you can't change it.[color=#770077][/color]

First off, get your head out of the Book of Genesis. It is NOT a history text.
Re: Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch by TheBlue5: 4:27pm On Apr 19, 2015
datguru:
lies , igbo originated from the jews

I think it showing that the Igbo came from Egypt because there father Eri,5th son of Gad fled from Egypt

So in away it's saying they came from both Israel AND Egypt

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Olori Prophetess Naomi Ogunwusi Ministering In Her Church / Pre-Wedding Photos Of Aminu Sanusi And Fulani Zainab Ali Bashir / The 10 Things Nigerians Know About Ghanaians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.