Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,621 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

Is It A Good Idea To Have Your Baby In The US? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It A Good Idea To Have Your Baby In The US? (3372 Views)

Woman Abandons Baby In Day-care (PHOTO) / Heartless Mother Throws Her New Born Baby In A Gutter With Its Placenta / 4 Year Old Accidentally Kills 11 Month-old Baby In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Good Idea To Have Your Baby In The US? by Nobody: 10:12am On Jul 14, 2014
is it good idea to have your baby in the US? if so what are the prospects if any. I am cut between investing 4m in a land purchase and using it for the delivery of my second baby in the US. Both are forms of investments. Advice from great minds please. Thanks
Re: Is It A Good Idea To Have Your Baby In The US? by Nobody: 10:13am On Jul 14, 2014
No, Oman would be better grin

Ask Coogar.
Re: Is It A Good Idea To Have Your Baby In The US? by Nobody: 10:15am On Jul 14, 2014
lol.....bad guy! Oman isn't bad if you thought so..
carefreewannabe: No, Oman would be better grin

Ask Coogar.
Re: Is It A Good Idea To Have Your Baby In The US? by Nobody: 10:17am On Jul 14, 2014
No, Coogar taught me that it is better than the US so why not invest there? wink

Or maybe there:

https://www.nairaland.com/1811714/see-punishment-reading-bible-saudi
Re: Is It A Good Idea To Have Your Baby In The US? by Bigsteveg(m): 10:47am On Jul 14, 2014
Both are good, having ur baby in US is also good..it depends on ur dreams, u can still get to buy land anytime, but u dont get pregnant all d time, and perhaps such opportunity may not present itself again.
But if u feel dat u may not be able to get d money for land again, i'll advise u go for the land..if person get land, small time e go finish d building.

Follow ur heart bro.

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Good Idea To Have Your Baby In The US? by Nobody: 11:00am On Jul 14, 2014
tHANKS A MILLY
Bigsteveg: Both are good, having ur baby in US is also good..it depends on ur dreams, u can still get to buy land anytime, but u dont get pregnant all d time, and perhaps such opportunity may not present itself again.
But if u feel dat u may not be able to get d money for land again, i'll advise u go for the land..if person get land, small time e go finish d building.

Follow ur heart bro.
Re: Is It A Good Idea To Have Your Baby In The US? by ifywelkrested: 4:53pm On Jul 14, 2014
I will advice you go for the land. Having your baby in the US doesn't make the baby better than babies born here.

There are so many good hospitals here you can have your baby safely.

There are also lots of people in America with green card that are yet to find their feet

You can always travel with your kid abroad for holiday whenever you are buoyant.

Be wise now and brush off any pressure or urge to spend 4m having a baby abroad and invest for a better future for yourself and family.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Good Idea To Have Your Baby In The US? by tpia1: 5:06pm On Jul 14, 2014
weigh what you are calling "investments" and see which is wiser.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Good Idea To Have Your Baby In The US? by Justpassing1: 5:39pm On Jul 14, 2014
You don't need 4Million to have a baby in the US...except you are particular about hospital / location .Do some research, u might be able to achieve both goals....

4 Likes

Re: Is It A Good Idea To Have Your Baby In The US? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jul 14, 2014
Get that baby a meaningful passport and he/she'll always be grateful for it. You can get the land later, your baby can only be birthed once. cool

5 Likes

Re: Is It A Good Idea To Have Your Baby In The US? by Kanwulia: 8:39pm On Jul 14, 2014
Only if you can PAY! kiss
Or stay away! kiss
Re: Is It A Good Idea To Have Your Baby In The US? by JEITO: 9:01pm On Jul 14, 2014
There's no advantage giving birth in America because the same issues we struggle with over here, are what they struggle with over there (maybe not as pronounced as ours though), it still doesn't change the fact: A lizard in Nigeria, can never become an alligator in America.

By the way guy, check am out sef; e make sense to pay tp go burn 4 yankee, onli to pay return fare back to Naija com raise d pikin?

1 Like

Re: Is It A Good Idea To Have Your Baby In The US? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jul 16, 2014
STATE UR COST
Justpassing1: You don't need 4Million to have a baby in the US...except you are particular about hospital / location .Do some research, u might be able to achieve both goals....
Re: Is It A Good Idea To Have Your Baby In The US? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jul 16, 2014
JEITO: There's no advantage giving birth in America because the same issues we struggle with over here, are what they struggle with over there (maybe not as pronounced as ours though), it still doesn't change the fact: A lizard in Nigeria, can never become an alligator in America.

By the way guy, check am out sef; e make sense to pay tp go burn 4 yankee, onli to pay return fare back to Naija com raise d pikin?

you must be typing thie from some cybercafe in one village in Ondo State undecided
are you kidding me?

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Good Idea To Have Your Baby In The US? by JEITO: 1:22pm On Jul 16, 2014
alutacontinua:

you must be typing thie from some cybercafe in one village in Ondo State undecided
are you kidding me?
I certainly am not. Perhaps you should educate me on the advantages cos I can't see any; I am ready to un-learn and re-learn.
Re: Is It A Good Idea To Have Your Baby In The US? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 16, 2014
JEITO: I certainly am not. Perhaps you should educate me on the advantages cos I can't see any; I am ready to un-learn and re-learn.

you do know the baby gets an american passport automatically, right?
Re: Is It A Good Idea To Have Your Baby In The US? by amtheone(m): 2:13pm On Jul 16, 2014
Aluta come tell us the benefits of giving birth abroad
Re: Is It A Good Idea To Have Your Baby In The US? by JEITO: 2:35pm On Jul 16, 2014
alutacontinua:

you do know the baby gets an american passport automatically, right?
And what does the American passport does for the baby? O! I get it! It grants the child access to the US anytime. Isn't it? Other than that what else? Because I know they don't pick money on the streets of New York and you can't add American citizen as part of your achievements in your CV when applying for a job or when contesting for elections in Nigeria.
Re: Is It A Good Idea To Have Your Baby In The US? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jul 16, 2014
JEITO: And what does the American passport does for the baby? O! I get it! It grants the child access to the US anytime. Isn't it? Other than that what else? Because I know they don't pick money on the streets of New York and you can't add American citizen as part of your achievements in your CV when applying for a job or when contesting for elections in Nigeria.

well, it saves an individual a lot of visa application stress.
with the american passport, you get to visit major countries in the world without the need for a visa. Trust me, for someone who travels a lot, that is one advantage that can NEVER be over-emphasized!

Was just thinking yesterday that I need to renew one of my major visas, add that to the fact that need a visa to the states like ASAP, the thought alone was enough headache angry angry Daddy and mummy could have saved me all that stress a long time ago. Trust me, the money I've spent on visas in my life and will still spend will be wayyyyyyy more that they would have spent then. Not to even talk about the stress undecided
Add that to the fact that as a citizen of the United States, you have a whole lot of opportunities in the states itself compared to a non-citizen. And no, it goes beyond the fact that you can pop in and out at any time.
Re: Is It A Good Idea To Have Your Baby In The US? by rolled: 2:57pm On Jul 16, 2014
Aluta so the advantages are only for travelling/visa fees?May God help you oh
So what does one gain travelling from one place to another

1 Like

Re: Is It A Good Idea To Have Your Baby In The US? by JEITO: 3:09pm On Jul 16, 2014
alutacontinua:

well, it saves an individual a lot of visa application stress.
with the american passport, you get to visit major countries in the world without the need for a visa. Trust me, for someone who travels a lot, that is one advantage that can NEVER be over-emphasized!

Was just thinking yesterday that I need to renew one of my major visas, add that to the fact that need a visa to the states like ASAP, the thought alone was enough headache angry angry Daddy and mummy could have saved me all that stress a long time ago. Trust me, the money I've spent on visas in my life and will still spend will be wayyyyyyy more that they would have spent then. Not to even talk about the stress undecided
Add that to the fact that as a citizen of the United States, you have a whole lot of opportunities in the states itself compared to a non-citizen. And no, it goes beyond the fact that you can pop in and out at any time.
good point for someone that loves to travel. Now let me refer you back to his question.
For someone that is interested in the financial gain that may accrue from such a venture. Would you advise him to sponsor his wife abroad solely for the purpose if delivering her 2nd child( how does that translate to investment even for the child because I know things are not rosy even in The States) or would you rather he invest the money in land or property which I feel with offer him better returns for his money. And I'm sure you know there is a bit of disparity between the Black-American and what I would call the Nigeria- American?
Re: Is It A Good Idea To Have Your Baby In The US? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jul 16, 2014
rolled: Aluta so the advantages are only for travelling/visa fees?May God help you oh
So what does one gain travelling from one place to another

alutacontinua:

Did you just miss this part too undecided
You're a citizen of the states, meaning if you have to put in for anything (all other things being equal, you have an edge over a non-citizen), are y'all just tryna be good ambassadors of your country here or what?

I'll gladly exchange my Naija passport for an American passport anytime anyday, QUOTE ME ANYWHERE! That passport pisses the hell outta me. sad angry

and oops! You wanna stay forever in Naija, yeah? Well, your child might not agree with you.
If op can afford it, give your child the opportunity (who knows, lil cutie might decide he prefers the western life to the 1790 life in Naija, life would be much easier for him with his citizenship). Dual ctizenship is never something to regret! And if he decides to stay put in his fatherland, he's always a NIGERIAN!

1 Like

Re: Is It A Good Idea To Have Your Baby In The US? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 16, 2014
JEITO: good point for someone that loves to travel. Now let me refer you back to his question.
For someone that is interested in the financial gain that may accrue from such a venture. Would you advise him to sponsor his wife abroad solely for the purpose if delivering her 2nd child( how does that translate to investment even for the child because I know things are not rosy even in The States) or would you rather he invest the money in land or property which I feel with offer him better returns for his money. And I'm sure you know there is a bit of disparity between the Black-American and what I would call the Nigeria- American?

I'll use myself as an eg here....
if my parents had to makes this decision 2x years ago like the op has to make now and they choose the land over giving me the opportunity, I should better notmhear the story cos I won't forgive them. Y'all don't understand, people with dual citizenships or Nigerian citizenship only in the western world would prolly explain to you better. I know how much I've suffered in the past years cos of this whole Nigerian passport thingy, I'm still suffering it and I dunno for how long I'll keep suffering it embarassed

I have friends with meaningful passports, green card etc and I know how much easier life is for them, ranging from application for benefits, scholarships, and even jobs to picking your bag and deciding to go spend your holiday in a paritcular place.

If one wants to live and die in Naija, it probably doesn't matter but you can never tell where your child will be tomorrow. And it will be unfair to assume your child'll choose to be a true hero like you are.

He can always get his land later, I believe in say one year time, God will bless him enough to get the land and invest whatever he wants to invest. The moment that child pops out of his mum outside the shores of America, it won't be that easy to get that privilege again.

I ain't saying getting the land is a bad idea but that is something he can do at a latter time.

Besides, if he plans well enough and has relatives in the states tha his wife can stay with, I don't see him spending 4m on the trip.
Re: Is It A Good Idea To Have Your Baby In The US? by amtheone(m): 3:47pm On Jul 16, 2014
alutacontinua:

Did you just miss this part too undecided
You're a citizen of the states, meaning if you have to put in for anything (all other things being equal, you have an edge over a non-citizen), are y'all just tryna be good ambassadors of your country here or what?

I'll gladly exchange my Naija passport for an American passport anytime anyday, QUOTE ME ANYWHERE! That passport pisses the hell outta me. sad angry

and oops! You wanna stay forever in Naija, yeah? Well, your child might not agree with you.
If op can afford it, give your child the opportunity (who knows, lil cutie might decide he prefers the western life to the 1790 life in Naija, life would be much easier for him with his citizenship). Dual ctizenship is never something to regret! And if he decides to stay put in his fatherland, he's always a NIGERIAN!

Hmmm. I think u have raised some points here. If op can afford it, let him go ahead. But I think he shld buy d land and have his baby here.
Re: Is It A Good Idea To Have Your Baby In The US? by JEITO: 10:18pm On Jul 16, 2014
alutacontinua:

I'll use myself as an eg here....
if my parents had to makes this decision 2x years ago like the op has to make now and they choose the land over giving me the opportunity, I should better notmhear the story cos I won't forgive them. Y'all don't understand, people with dual citizenships or Nigerian citizenship only in the western world would prolly explain to you better. I know how much I've suffered in the past years cos of this whole Nigerian passport thingy, I'm still suffering it and I dunno for how long I'll keep suffering it embarassed

I have friends with meaningful passports, green card etc and I know how much easier life is for them, ranging from application for benefits, scholarships, and even jobs to picking your bag and deciding to go spend your holiday in a paritcular place.

If one wants to live and die in Naija, it probably doesn't matter but you can never tell where your child will be tomorrow. And it will be unfair to assume your child'll choose to be a true hero like you are.

He can always get his land later, I believe in say one year time, God will bless him enough to get the land and invest whatever he wants to invest. The moment that child pops out of his mum outside the shores of America, it won't be that easy to get that privilege again.

I ain't saying getting the land is a bad idea but that is something he can do at a latter time.

Besides, if he plans well enough and has relatives in the states tha his wife can stay with, I don't see him spending 4m on the trip.
I was looking at him investing now and when he is bouyant enough, he can even relocate with his family if he so desire. But i guess it is impossible to convince you otherwise?
Re: Is It A Good Idea To Have Your Baby In The US? by Nobody: 1:13am On Jul 17, 2014
ocman: STATE UR COST
chief, use google. Depending on location of birth & where you want to get you land, you could probably do both with 4m. Go through this thread from pg1 to the end. You will find it incredibly helpful.
https://www.nairaland.com/617280/give-birth-usa-cost-procedure
Re: Is It A Good Idea To Have Your Baby In The US? by tpia1: 2:34am On Jul 17, 2014
alutacontinua:

You're a citizen of the states, meaning if you have to put in for anything (all other things being equal, you have an edge over a non-citizen)

a citizen has no edge over a non citizen who has papers.

the only edge in the citizenship is ease of travel to other countries, and you only travel if you have money anyway.

even if you travel to nigeria without money, nobody will welcome you regardless the colour of your passport.

I'll gladly exchange my Naija passport for an American passport anytime anyday, QUOTE ME ANYWHERE!

good for you.

That passport pisses the hell outta me. sad angry

hmph.

why would the child not agree with him?

do you have any record of Fashola travelling out of nigeria prior to his involvement in politics?

Goodluck jonathan?

If op can afford it, give your child the opportunity (who knows, lil cutie might decide he prefers the western life to the 1790 life in Naija, life would be much easier for him with his citizenship).

fallacy of assumption.

Dual ctizenship is never something to regret! And if he decides to stay put in his fatherland, he's always a NIGERIAN!

he's nigerian regardless where he stays.

Not saying people should not have their babies abroad, just be aware speaking english or some non nigerian language without a nigerian accent, is not all there is to life.
Re: Is It A Good Idea To Have Your Baby In The US? by Nobody: 2:47am On Jul 17, 2014
tpia1:

a citizen has no edge over a non citizen who has papers.

the only edge in the citizenship is ease of travel to other countries, and you only travel if you have money anyway.

even if you travel to nigeria without money, nobody will welcome you regardless the colour of your passport.

I did not see the part where op said he'll remain poor forever.

good for you

Thanks

why would the child not agree with him?

cos baby is an individual and he has a right to decide Nigeria is not paradise for him/her.

do you have any record of Fashola travelling out of nigeria prior to his involvement in politics?

Goodluck jonathan?

off-point.

he's nigerian regardless where he stays.

you just repeated what I wrote

Not saying people should not have their babies abroad, just be aware speaking english or some non nigerian language without a nigerian accent, is not all there is to life.

you don't have to explain that to me, I know that like I know my name.

to say the truth, I still can't pick what you're driving at, i'm guessing it's your last paragraph but every other paragraph before it does not point to that conclusion.
Re: Is It A Good Idea To Have Your Baby In The US? by Godson201333(m): 3:07am On Jul 17, 2014
And have you all forgotten that the passport is not useful or the kid can't even cherish until he is 18 years old

Nigerians with this their mentality...

My brother invest your money you never know what could come for you tomorrow....Your kid is gonna make it down to America either through you or by himself!!!

1 Like

Re: Is It A Good Idea To Have Your Baby In The US? by Nobody: 3:30am On Jul 17, 2014
JEITO: I was looking at him investing now and when he is bouyant enough, he can even relocate with his family if he so desire. But i guess it is impossible to convince you otherwise?

convince me?
I ain't the op, am I?
Re: Is It A Good Idea To Have Your Baby In The US? by tpia1: 3:40am On Jul 17, 2014
Godson201333: Your kid is gonna make it down to America either through you or by himself!!!

very true.
Re: Is It A Good Idea To Have Your Baby In The US? by havilla(f): 11:49am On Jul 17, 2014
As for me by the special grace of God I would have all my kids in the US, am not yet married but that's what I plan to do, I want to give my kids the best platform in life as much as I can and that includes being an American citizen.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pics Of A Baby Dump In A Drainage this Morning / Why Do We Marry? / Important Things To Your Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.