Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,663 members, 7,809,511 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:43 AM

Stoke City On Trail Of Michael Babatunde - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Stoke City On Trail Of Michael Babatunde (785 Views)

Michael Babatunde Joins Dnipro / Photo :michael Babatunde In Lagos With Broken Hand / Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stoke City On Trail Of Michael Babatunde by surawilly(m): 10:14am On Jul 14, 2014
Nigeria World Cup revelation Michael Babatunde has come under the radar of Stoke City, according to the player’s manager.

The 21-year-old impressed against Bosnia-Herzegovina and set up Ahmed Musa’s first goal against Argentina before an injury to his hand curtailed his further taking part as the Super Eagles reached the second round.

The future of the Volyn midfielder has come under speculation since the end of the tournament and Stoke have now been claimed to be interested in the lad.

A source told Goal that the English Premier League side is hoping to convince the young Nigerian via his compatriot Peter Odemwingie who has become an influential part of their set up.

When contacted the agent handling Babatunde confirmed that Stoke representatives have called to indicate their interest to sign the Volyn player for the new Premier League season.  

“It is true that Stoke City have made enquiries about Michael Babatunde and they have been calling for some days now,” the player’s agent Nureni Makanjuola told Goal.

“But nothing has been agreed on. There are other clubs from other parts of Europe that have been showing interest in the player to join them. We will make it public when we decide on where the player would go eventually,” he said.

http://m.goal.com/s/en-ng/news/4958127

1 Like

Re: Stoke City On Trail Of Michael Babatunde by Nobody: 10:37am On Jul 14, 2014
Babatunde really impressed me.... I want real madrid to sign him grin
Re: Stoke City On Trail Of Michael Babatunde by lloydtruth: 12:26pm On Jul 14, 2014
you people have come again, while other players are moving for real nigerian players are moving on newspapers.
Re: Stoke City On Trail Of Michael Babatunde by ClintonNzedimma(m): 3:20pm On Jul 14, 2014
frankben: Babatunde really impressed me.... I want real madrid to sign him grin
no way,its gonna kill his career.....let him play for stoke,swansea or totenham or clubs that would give him regular shirt

(1) (Reply)

Kelechi Iheanancho Scores 2nd Goal For Manchester City / Odds Just Gone Wild / Best Of Pictures From The Album Of My Best Ever Football Player

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.