Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

My Experience With Dragnet During Chevron IT Aptitude Test In Abraka - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Experience With Dragnet During Chevron IT Aptitude Test In Abraka (4070 Views)

Kpmg Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 / Chevron IT Aptitude Test On Saturday 12th July / The Help You Need For Nlng It Aptitude Test Candidates: What You Need To Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With Dragnet During Chevron IT Aptitude Test In Abraka by alcuin(m): 5:30pm On Jul 14, 2014
I am very displeased with the level of ineptitude and inefficiency by Dragnet on the 12th of July, 2014. The said date was the date of an aptitude test for Industrial Training placement in Chevron Nigeria Limited.

As usual, students who applied for the placement were sent smses and emails at least two days to the day. I was sent smses and an email notifying me that my centre is Delta State University Digital Centre, Abraka. The test was scheduled to start by 10:00 am. The test was to be conducted by Dragnet.

On that day, I and many other students (from other schools, I am from UNIBEN) arrived. First of all, the test didn't start by 10:00 am as stated by by 11:30 am and I had to rush because I have a faculty exam to write by 4:00 pm same day.

When we got in, students were cleared as usual and the test started (it was a computer-based test). Then it got to my turn to be cleared, the official in charge took my printed email invitation and my school ID card, only later (after about 30 minutes) he told me that my name is not in their database. I asked why. No response came, only the instruction to go and sit down and wait. I was patient, even as I was time constrained. After about 40 minutes, I approached the Dragnet official to know my status. He started speaking rudely at me, he said he is working on it and that their internet connection is down. I backed down to wait and wondering if it was my fault that my name wasn't in their database when I was clearly shortlisted, as evidence my the email and smses. Mind you, by this time over a hundred students had written and left the venue. A few minutes later, the officials ordered the students writing to log out of the system. No one understood why, until later we were told that the system has accidentally reset and all the works of previous students are wiped off. That means, their results are as good as zero. I was very perplexed, so I decided to leave the venue and go back to Benin. I asked the official for my school ID card, he barked at me very rudely, I mean very rudely. To shorten the story, I later left (with my friends) without the taking the test. The few students, who were waiting for their mates, were called in to retake the test because their previous work is gone.

That was my experience with Dragnet. I wasted my time, my money. I made sacrifices to get to Abraka, all in vain. I also missed my 4:00pm paper because I left Abraka at about 2:20 pm and couldn't get to Benin on time.

The point of all this is that if the Dragnet is not competent to conduct the test, why try? This is bad. We should have the culture of efficiency, punctuality and respect for others. The others may have put serious effort.

I am very displeased with the courtesy of Dragnet and their services. Just imagine the number of students who went home without results.

This was my experience. Thanks.

PS: Share your experinece if you participated in the test.
Mods, frontpage will be highly appreciated.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Dragnet During Chevron IT Aptitude Test In Abraka by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jul 14, 2014
dragnet phone section moderator?

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Dragnet During Chevron IT Aptitude Test In Abraka by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jul 14, 2014
On your behalf Na Thunder go fire Dragnet! angry angry angry
I hate those guys with the blood in my veins.......

Dammmmmmnnnn!

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Dragnet During Chevron IT Aptitude Test In Abraka by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jul 14, 2014
dragnet is a failure
Re: My Experience With Dragnet During Chevron IT Aptitude Test In Abraka by Gboliwe: 6:03pm On Jul 14, 2014
Dragnet is over hyped
Re: My Experience With Dragnet During Chevron IT Aptitude Test In Abraka by ifex370(m): 6:04pm On Jul 14, 2014
lipsrsealed
Re: My Experience With Dragnet During Chevron IT Aptitude Test In Abraka by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jul 14, 2014
embarassed embarassed
Re: My Experience With Dragnet During Chevron IT Aptitude Test In Abraka by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jul 14, 2014
drag net daris God oh. Those people DAT u wasted their time to come and write exam,their sweat and energy will answer.one day for Nigeria na companies go find us and non be we .
Re: My Experience With Dragnet During Chevron IT Aptitude Test In Abraka by adegbesan37(m): 9:42am On Jan 01, 2015
Please how can I apply for an IT placement at chevron. @ alcuin
Re: My Experience With Dragnet During Chevron IT Aptitude Test In Abraka by Atk1nson(m): 12:32pm On Jan 01, 2015
Seun
please make this frontpage, I noticed their unwelcoming attitude too when I wrote their test early last year, I actually ignored subsequent invites from them after that.
They are paid to do the work, it not a charitable deed; hence I don't see why they are quite rude.

Btw Op, u r a student. Pls review ur post and edit as appropriate.
Re: My Experience With Dragnet During Chevron IT Aptitude Test In Abraka by Sunnypar(m): 9:41am On Jan 02, 2015
I wrote one of their CBT late last September or early October at their Apapa office, I must say, from what I have read about them and what I experienced from the stress of printing their invite and getting to their office to write the test. I almost lost my job. Till date, I am yet to get the test results.
It is computer based and should not even take up to three months before I get my results, at least a regret mail should be sent informing me about my inability to meet their cut off mark. JAMB even does a better job with hundreds of staff. Dragnet!!!!!!!! They are ineffective and inefficient.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Dragnet During Chevron IT Aptitude Test In Abraka by Nobody: 10:23am On Jan 29, 2015
alcuin:
I am very displeased with the level of ineptitude and inefficiency by Dragnet on the 12th of July, 2014. The said date was the date of an aptitude test for Industrial Training placement in Chevron Nigeria Limited.

As usual, students who applied for the placement were sent smses and emails at least two days to the day. I was sent smses and an email notifying me that my centre is Delta State University Digital Centre, Abraka. The test was scheduled to start by 10:00 am. The test was to be conducted by Dragnet.

On that day, I and many other students (from other schools, I am from UNIBEN) arrived. First of all, the test didn't start by 10:00 am as stated by by 11:30 am and I had to rush because I have a faculty exam to write by 4:00 pm same day.

When we got in, students were cleared as usual and the test started (it was a computer-based test). Then it got to my turn to be cleared, the official in charge took my printed email invitation and my school ID card, only later (after about 30 minutes) he told me that my name is not in their database. I asked why. No response came, only the instruction to go and sit down and wait. I was patient, even as I was time constrained. After about 40 minutes, I approached the Dragnet official to know my status. He started speaking rudely at me, he said he is working on it and that their internet connection is down. I backed down to wait and wondering if it was my fault that my name wasn't in their database when I was clearly shortlisted, as evidence my the email and smses. Mind you, by this time over a hundred students had written and left the venue. A few minutes later, the officials ordered the students writing to log out of the system. No one understood why, until later we were told that the system has accidentally reset and all the works of previous students are wiped off. That means, their results are as good as zero. I was very perplexed, so I decided to leave the venue and go back to Benin. I asked the official for my school ID card, he barked at me very rudely, I mean very rudely. To shorten the story, I later left (with my friends) without the taking the test. The few students, who were waiting for their mates, were called in to retake the test because their previous work is gone.

That was my experience with Dragnet. I wasted my time, my money. I made sacrifices to get to Abraka, all in vain. I also missed my 4:00pm paper because I left Abraka at about 2:20 pm and couldn't get to Benin on time.

The point of all this is that if the Dragnet is not competent to conduct the test, why try? This is bad. We should have the culture of efficiency, punctuality and respect for others. The others may have put serious effort.

I am very displeased with the courtesy of Dragnet and their services. Just imagine the number of students who went home without results.

This was my experience. Thanks.

PS: Share your experinece if you participated in the test.
Mods, frontpage will be highly appreciated.

Please accept my sincere apologies on behalf of Dragnet. At times despite our best intentions bad things do happen. I'm very sure this was a one off incident and steps will be taken to make corrections. Cheer up.

(1) (Reply)

Thank You Lord!!! I Got A Wonderful Job. / E'sorae Luxury Interview As A Sales Executive / Instrumentation And Control Engineers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.