Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,298 members, 7,819,001 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

Are Nigerian Clearing Agents Actually On Strike? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Are Nigerian Clearing Agents Actually On Strike? (11375 Views)

1st Bank Customer Care On Strike? / Banks Embark On Strike In Port-Harcourt City. / Nigeria Customs Licensed Clearing Agents Stops Consignment Clearance ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Nigerian Clearing Agents Actually On Strike? by Nobody: 5:59am On Jul 15, 2014
Yea may be true, got the mail below from a US shipping company

Dear Valued Customer,

This is to update you that that there will be a slight delay to the US shipments that departed on the 7th and 14th of July, 2014. This is as result of the halted operations at the Muritala Mohammed International Airport (MMIA) terminal by the Customs Agents and freight forwarders over alleged arbitrary charges by foreign cargo airlines.

Reactions and protests still continue between the involved parties as explained in the link below. In the meantime, we are hopeful of a quick resolution to ensure the shipments are cleared and processed for delivery to you as soon as possible.

http://nigerianpilot.com/customs-agents-freight-forwarders-cripple-cargo-operations-at-mmia/

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Thank you for your understanding, we appreciate your business.
Re: Are Nigerian Clearing Agents Actually On Strike? by abysirius(m): 6:05am On Jul 15, 2014
The problem is at the airport. As part of their reasons, MMA ANCLA is showing their displeasure with NACHO Mgt decision to be collecting documentation charge on cargoes that arrive on direct flight. Like someone rightly said, it started last week Monday and everything should be brought to rest latest by this weekend. There is no issue at Tincan, and work is going on fine at Apapa
Re: Are Nigerian Clearing Agents Actually On Strike? by mcfynest(m): 6:48am On Jul 15, 2014
Thanks for this thread, i have being expecting my goods since last week and my agent as at yesterday told me i shud tryna beg d president of Nigeria wich i didnt understood well. Wud be following tgis thread for updates.
Re: Are Nigerian Clearing Agents Actually On Strike? by tombeh(m): 7:09am On Jul 15, 2014
shoooo!!

Re: Are Nigerian Clearing Agents Actually On Strike? by Swiftboy(m): 8:07am On Jul 15, 2014
Have you actually patronize them before? How good are they? Are they reliable?
manny4life:

Yep, that's them.
Re: Are Nigerian Clearing Agents Actually On Strike? by DONFASZY(m): 9:19am On Jul 15, 2014
Yes,just a big protest and duty increment

They said 1kg should pay N200,000 or present shipment inv

Re: Are Nigerian Clearing Agents Actually On Strike? by Nobody: 9:23am On Jul 15, 2014
Dygeasy: Clearing and forwarding agents?

You mean what prospective husbands who are thieves or 419 introduce themselves as to their father-in-law?

They'll be like "I'm a clearing and forwarding agent"

gringringrin
And I will be like,i'm a graduate of oau. Political science, philosophy and economics(bsc) sir, and i'm into clearing and forwarding at the moment.
Re: Are Nigerian Clearing Agents Actually On Strike? by eminikansoso(m): 9:47am On Jul 15, 2014
cargonaija: You never know if the above question is true of false. At times you need to be sure whether your clearing agent is giving you the right information or not. I've checked online, brushed through all media means that are most likely to broadcast the news of the strike but I am yet to find anything of this nature. Honestly, I am beginning to doubt my agent .

For the sake of my customers who sent their cargo to Nigeria through my company for the past two weeks, please can anyone here let me know if this is true or another clever way by which Nigeria clearing agents intentionally leave shippers job undone?

Links to news on this subject matter would be much appreciated, as this will let me have an up to date information for my customers.

Thanks
The clearing Agents at Nigeria sea ports are not on strike but for those in the air ports due to high charges by Nahco.
Re: Are Nigerian Clearing Agents Actually On Strike? by eminikansoso(m): 10:03am On Jul 15, 2014
DONFASZY: Yes,just a big protest and duty increment

They said 1kg should pay N200,000 or present shipment inv
you don't understand the logic.
first 499kg #200000
meaning 200000/499 = #400/kg against #250/kg charge by agents before. with this Agents will now 420 per kg.
Re: Are Nigerian Clearing Agents Actually On Strike? by Panshow(m): 10:04am On Jul 15, 2014
I shipped my goods from Aliexpress via singpost, but I don't know if this is going to affect it. It's been more than 3 weeks now and I've not received it.
Re: Are Nigerian Clearing Agents Actually On Strike? by eminikansoso(m): 10:07am On Jul 15, 2014
Panshow: I shipped my goods from Aliexpress via singpost, but I don't know if this is going to affect it. It's been more than 3 weeks now and I've not received it.
it will, provided it is through air not sea.

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerian Clearing Agents Actually On Strike? by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 15, 2014
got a similar message from shoptomydoor today.was a bit confuse
Lobeez:
Yea may be true, got the mail below from a US shipping company

Dear Valued Customer,

This is to update you that that there will be a slight delay to the US shipments that departed on the 7th and 14th of July, 2014. This is as result of the halted operations at the Muritala Mohammed International Airport (MMIA) terminal by the Customs Agents and freight forwarders over alleged arbitrary charges by foreign cargo airlines.

Reactions and protests still continue between the involved parties as explained in the link below. In the meantime, we are hopeful of a quick resolution to ensure the shipments are cleared and processed for delivery to you as soon as possible.

http://nigerianpilot.com/customs-agents-freight-forwarders-cripple-cargo-operations-at-mmia/

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Thank you for your understanding, we appreciate your business.

Re: Are Nigerian Clearing Agents Actually On Strike? by CharlieMaria(m): 11:20am On Jul 15, 2014
koreat:
Be fast
grin grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Are Nigerian Clearing Agents Actually On Strike? by sunnyolads1(m): 11:43am On Jul 15, 2014
The clearing system at Nahco and Apapa is different in terms of protocol and documentations. We Clearing Agents at Apapa are not on strike at all since the new tariffs has been adopted. The cost of clearing has just been increased,yet the job is going once you are ready to pay. Note: Many people abandoned their vehicles at port due to increase in cost of clearing hoping that the price will come down,don't be deceived this present government is not ready to reduce the cost but to increase it more by 35% by January 2015. It is hereby advisable to look for a way a bring out your jobs before it enters overtime cargo when you have no access to your vehicles again. Need more info: 08036614668.
Re: Are Nigerian Clearing Agents Actually On Strike? by coretechng1(m): 12:47pm On Jul 15, 2014
Panshow: I shipped my goods from Aliexpress via singpost, but I don't know if this is going to affect it. It's been more than 3 weeks now and I've not received it.
And it always arrive intact?
Re: Are Nigerian Clearing Agents Actually On Strike? by Panshow(m): 1:57pm On Jul 15, 2014
coretechng1: And it always arrive intact?
I can't tell really, cos this is my first time of buying stuff on aliexpress.
Re: Are Nigerian Clearing Agents Actually On Strike? by herboshedhe(f): 7:42pm On Jul 15, 2014
this is serious!!!
Re: Are Nigerian Clearing Agents Actually On Strike? by aby007: 8:02am On Jul 16, 2014
Any news about the strike please
Re: Are Nigerian Clearing Agents Actually On Strike? by planet4sure(m): 9:12am On Jul 16, 2014
no strike @ tin can island.
Re: Are Nigerian Clearing Agents Actually On Strike? by Nobody: 9:13am On Jul 16, 2014
aby007: Any news about the strike please
Yes there is temporary resumption now.
Re: Are Nigerian Clearing Agents Actually On Strike? by mcfynest(m): 10:14am On Jul 16, 2014
Any news
Re: Are Nigerian Clearing Agents Actually On Strike? by endorse: 4:23pm On Jul 16, 2014
Simply NAHCO...smh!
Re: Are Nigerian Clearing Agents Actually On Strike? by coretechng1(m): 11:05am On Jul 17, 2014
Panshow: .
I can't tell really, cos this is my first time of buying stuff on aliexpress.
Hmmm. I will advice you go dhl way though expensive but its safer and faster.
Re: Are Nigerian Clearing Agents Actually On Strike? by justi4jesu(f): 11:33am On Jul 17, 2014
endorse: Simply NAHCO...smh!

Yes they resumed already.

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerian Clearing Agents Actually On Strike? by Panshow(m): 12:43pm On Jul 17, 2014
coretechng1: Hmmm. I will advice you go dhl way though expensive but its safer and faster.
I got my order yesterday. It's exactly 25 days. I think Singapore post have tried on this one.
Re: Are Nigerian Clearing Agents Actually On Strike? by funken: 6:14pm On Jul 17, 2014
Is it advisable to ship something from the US now given the backlog if cargo that needs to be cleared at NAHCO?

I am shipping some breakable things...

thanks
Re: Are Nigerian Clearing Agents Actually On Strike? by shevon: 7:23am On Jul 22, 2014
Mrcdorv: Yes we have been on strike since last week due to new development on increment of Nacho Handling charges.We are trying as an Agent to ensure this new development is not accomplished.The strike suppose to end tomorrow as the case maybe.

The only thing I promise myself that I will never try with my customers is lies because when you tell lies and you're caught you became untrustworthy and looking for ways to cover the other lies.

Please, what is the update about this strike? I have items trapped in the US over two weeks now and the guy I was supposed to get it for is becoming impatient. Any information I can get concerning this brouhaha will be helpful.
Re: Are Nigerian Clearing Agents Actually On Strike? by mayorall(m): 7:56pm On Jul 23, 2014
please is the strike still on?.
Re: Are Nigerian Clearing Agents Actually On Strike? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jul 23, 2014
mayorall: please is the strike still on?.
No it has been called off.
Re: Are Nigerian Clearing Agents Actually On Strike? by justi4jesu(f): 6:35pm On Jul 25, 2014
shevon:

Please, what is the update about this strike? I have items trapped in the US over two weeks now and the guy I was supposed to get it for is becoming impatient. Any information I can get concerning this brouhaha will be helpful.

No more strike. .called off

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Does Wheelbarrow Leasing Run ? / Let Us Create A Business We Can All Benefit From - 1 (Introduction) / Why Cereal Maker Kellogg Plans To Invest $420m In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.