Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,562 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

CISA Certification And Accounting In Nigeria - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / CISA Certification And Accounting In Nigeria (7664 Views)

Civil Engineering And Accounting Software / Who Knows The Worth Of A Cisa Certification Holder In Nigeria / Free Materials For CISSP, CISA, CISM, GIAC, BCP, DRP, and CBCP Exams? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CISA Certification And Accounting In Nigeria by contactuzo(m): 4:00pm On Jul 18, 2006
Is CISA Necessary?

how far does the CISA certification help an accountant secure a job?

What is the best way to go after a good finance career.What are the ideal certifications to take.I just finished my degree in ASccountancy from UNN.during NYSC,i hope to take my ICAN exams.Will CISA be actually relavant to my career?what of other accounting packages like peachtree,sage.e.t.c please i need some guidance.thanks

1 Like

Re: CISA Certification And Accounting In Nigeria by naijadiva2(f): 4:06pm On Jul 18, 2006
don't know
Re: CISA Certification And Accounting In Nigeria by uncleb(m): 12:54pm On Jul 27, 2006
you ve to consider many thing? what is your career desire? You can take Ican or (Acca if you have strong financial back up). after, you ican you can go for Cisa, i think ican is more relevent in Niger but if you wish to travel out of this place very soon may be u can start with CISA and at thesame time u can go for the 2 simultaneously but the major factor is your purse.
Re: CISA Certification And Accounting In Nigeria by ebitee(m): 8:42am On Sep 23, 2006
CISA is an audit certification that relates to information compliance. it became hot cake based on stricter standards of reporting after the colapse of enron. the sarbanes oxley act was introduced and this is what spurred the demand for IT auditors. its really not applicable to the niger environment but globally it carries a lot of weight.
Re: CISA Certification And Accounting In Nigeria by acolyte(f): 5:51pm On Dec 26, 2011
[center]]HAVE YOU BEEN DREAMING OF GETTING POPULAR CERTIFICATIONS IN INFORMATION SECURITY eg CISA, CISM [certified information systems manager], CISSP [certified information systems and security professional] and CEH [certified ethical hacker] , BUT LACK BOTH THE TIME AND MONEY TO OPT FOR POPULAR INSTITUTES WHICH USUALLY CHARGE UP TO  #150,000 [1000 USD OR MORE] OR MORE FOR EACH OF THESE PROGRAMMES,.?THEN, WHAT YOU NEED IS A SYSTEM TAILORED TO SUIT BOTH YOUR TIME AND BUDGET IN A MANNER AS CONVENIENT AS POSSIBLE;  AND IF AM RIGHT, THEN YOU NEED TO SEE THIS NOW
binarysecurity..com/2011/12/this-is-great-one-time-offer-it-may-not.html
[/center][/center][/right][/center]
Re: CISA Certification And Accounting In Nigeria by yamakuza: 9:45pm On Dec 26, 2011
4 posts and over 2000 views?

CISA must be hot and trendy.
Re: CISA Certification And Accounting In Nigeria by pufectskin: 8:35am On Dec 02, 2012
CISA is definitely hot! Just not in Nigeria because I am not sure many companies have large databases or have any serious IT infrastructure. If they do, den they would need to secure them against hacking, cyber attacks, Identity fraud and many other cyber security threats.
Not hot in Nigeria, but a major qualification in the west especially after d collapse Enron (sarbanes oxley act).
An average IS Audit with CISA commands a $55k salary in d US. For majority of those in d career, their salaries are upwards of 55k. A lot of ppl don't know about this industry(is audit) so there is more demand than supply of skills. U would work in a public accounting firm, a place like d CIA, National Security Agency, IT Consulting, Banking, Insurance, etc with such a certification. Hence, d big salaries. It is a highly specialized field.
Hope this helps! Cheers
Re: CISA Certification And Accounting In Nigeria by wesley80(m): 9:19am On Dec 02, 2012
^ it sure does. wish you'd touched more on the local prospects though. Do you think it wld be a waste within Ngr? and how do you think CISA compares with CFA?
Re: CISA Certification And Accounting In Nigeria by pufectskin: 9:44am On Dec 02, 2012
It wouldn't be wasted here in Nigeria, but its just that the demand for it is not yet high in Nigeria. Nigeria doesn't have that many companies that use Information Systems/IT to a very large extent.
I mean in d US, everything is pretty much computerized. Every citizen's info is stored in some database for marketing, social security, birth info, voting info, health info, pension info,every info u can imagine. So all these things have to be encrypted and secured for fighting and preventing crime. May be u can work in an accounting or audit firm here or banking; as those r d few I think use Info systems to a degree where security would b important to them. Personally, I think banking, and acctng firms are boring places to work. Lol. But dats just me!
Re: CISA Certification And Accounting In Nigeria by nitrogen(m): 12:31pm On Dec 02, 2012
wesley80: ^ it sure does. wish you'd touched more on the local prospects though. Do you think it wld be a waste within Ngr? and how do you think CISA compares with CFA?
And what makes you think you can compare both? they are different entities, the only thing that binds them is 'both are professional courses'. Sefini.
Re: CISA Certification And Accounting In Nigeria by wesley80(m): 9:24pm On Dec 02, 2012
nitrogen:
And what makes you think you can compare both? they are different entities, the only thing that binds them is 'both are professional courses'. Sefini.
And what again was my question?
Re: CISA Certification And Accounting In Nigeria by pufectskin: 9:35pm On Dec 02, 2012
Hi Wesley80,
here is a good place to start to get more info on what a CISA is and what CISA holders usually do for companies where they work; https://itauditsecurity./2012/10/02/top-10-it-auditor/
A CFA is in a totally different area from a CISA, but perhaps you can combine both experiences to work somewhere, but they are really very different.
Many ppl confuse an IT Auditor with a Finance Auditor (accounting degree holders do this), but they are far different. An IT auditor works to make sure
Technology systems are secure and risk is minimized but a finance auditor makes sure financial discrepancies are in check.
goodluck
wesley80:
Re: CISA Certification And Accounting In Nigeria by nitrogen(m): 10:59pm On Dec 02, 2012
wesley80:
I already gave an answer, unfortunately, simple comprehension is always hard to come by for some. Btw, should in case you need first hand info on some things, google will always help.
Re: CISA Certification And Accounting In Nigeria by wesley80(m): 7:13am On Dec 03, 2012
nitrogen:
I already gave an answer, unfortunately, simple comprehension is always hard to come by for some. Btw, should in case you need first hand info on some things, google will always help.

But of course, I'm the one with comprehension issues not you because I asked a question which proves I'm utterly ignorant not so? Here's my question again:

wesley80: ^ it sure does. wish you'd touched more on the local prospects though. Do you think it wld be a waste within Ngr? and how do you think CISA compares with CFA?

What was my line of questioning? I believe without racking your brain you'll arrive at; Prospects. I was only trying to get a comparison of the local career prospects of both obviously different but highly specialized and internationalized professional certifications. I honestly do not see why a single word - compares - would elicit the kind of sardonic responses that have dotted your replies. You'd be more helpful without an attitude.
Lest I forget, " Btw, should in case you need first hand" tutorial on comprehension, I'll be glad to recommend a few primary schools.
Re: CISA Certification And Accounting In Nigeria by nitrogen(m): 8:22am On Dec 03, 2012
^^^ Whaoh! A supposed comeback, right? Nice one, unfortunately, I have a lot to do, so I don't have your time, note that if I start with you, your understanding ability will be boosted.
I just figured it out that the best is to just leave your type with their palava. wink wink wink wink cheers!!!!!

Btw, I love the way you jinxed those words together. You rock! grin grin grin
Re: CISA Certification And Accounting In Nigeria by wesley80(m): 10:38am On Dec 03, 2012
^ Whatever helps your self esteem.
Re: CISA Certification And Accounting In Nigeria by jaklad(m): 7:08am On Sep 12, 2013
D long-awaited CISA review manual 2013 is here! Need one? Then chaply holla JaKLaD Inc. on 07066391995, 08157143007, or add up 32FCDFF8...
Re: CISA Certification And Accounting In Nigeria by pioneer: 3:39am On Sep 16, 2014
For your ICAN/ACCA lectures, contact Excel
Associates.

Excel Associates is a foremost professional tuition
centre located in Ikorodu that provides lectures for
ATS, ICAN, ACCA, CISA and other programmes. For
enquiries, contact - 07081834869, 09092159476 or e-
mail: excelassociates2020@gmail.com,
info.excelassociates@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: CISA Certification And Accounting In Nigeria by stmartynz(m): 6:15am On Sep 16, 2014
Check tya.com.ng for all kinds of video tutorials

(1) (Reply)

Bayelsa Primary School Teachers Strike Indefinitely Over 9 Months unpaid Salary / How Lucrative Is Environmental Resources Management In Nigeria? / 5 Most Effective Ways To Boost Your Tech Skill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.