Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,009 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:41 PM

How Do I Learn To Keep A Friend....??? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Learn To Keep A Friend....??? (1217 Views)

He/she Is 'just A Friend'.12 Signs Of An Emotional Infidelity / Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? / Learn To Live With This: Men Owns Women. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Learn To Keep A Friend....??? by oladipoolaitan(m): 5:17pm On Jul 15, 2014
Keeping friends has been a difficult tasks for me, even if I tried to , some thing will just hold me back, through out my degree and master degree program I didn't have a friend, when I meet some one I share thing in common with....and we exchange numbers even he calls ,before a few days, m tired of him. I love privacy a lot, I read books listen to news with my leisure time. So hardly go out some times, even my neighbor don't even know my name , when m going to work ,I greet every one and when m back from work I greet them that's all. To extent that some people mistake my lifestyle for a pride, what really prompt me to seek for advise is to ask if it's a good life style? If not, I will I adopt the principle of been friendly. Know my weeding is around the corner, I don't even know , whom to choose as my best man. My major reason of been alone is just that I don't like an artificial parasite and to avoid some troubles. Pls, any good suggestion will be appreciated [color=#000099][/color]

1 Like

Re: How Do I Learn To Keep A Friend....??? by eleojo23: 7:26pm On Jul 15, 2014
I must first of all congratulate you for finding a wife. How did you pull that off since you're not good at keeping friends? Ok that said, well, you're an introvert from all indications. (pls hold on a while I'll be back to give you some suggestions)

1 Like

Re: How Do I Learn To Keep A Friend....??? by spiralwedge(m): 7:58pm On Jul 15, 2014
@op, that makes the 2 of us.

I easily befriend females though.
Re: How Do I Learn To Keep A Friend....??? by Kanwulia: 9:49pm On Jul 15, 2014
You are quite a contradiction.
If you are able to find someone to get married to, you do not need a COSMETIC BEST MAN.
Find a relative to do just that!

Simple Dimple! kiss

1 Like

Re: How Do I Learn To Keep A Friend....??? by oladipoolaitan(m): 3:08am On Jul 16, 2014
eleojo23: I must first of all congratulate you for finding a wife. How did you pull that off since you're not good at keeping friends? Ok that said, well, you're an introvert from all indications. (pls hold on a while I'll be back to give you some suggestions)
thanks, am an extrovert i only talk when its necessary , am just a conceptualized being that some how rigid in his ideology,meeting my wife to be, is just a God intervention, yet to uncover the misery behind it.
Re: How Do I Learn To Keep A Friend....??? by eleojo23: 6:44am On Jul 16, 2014
oladipoolaitan: thanks, am an extrovert i only talk when its necessary , am just a conceptualized being that some how rigid in his ideology,meeting my wife to be, is just a God intervention, yet to uncover the misery behind it.
An extrovert? Let's go over some of what you wrote up there. You said 'I love privacy a lot, I read
books listen to news with my leisure time. So hardly go out
some times, even my neighbor
don't even know my name' This sounds more like what an introvert will do. I mean, there is no real extrovert who loves privacy A LOT. Unless you're a mixture of both but your description above tilts more to the introvert side. The reason why you don't have friends is because you can very much stay on your own without getting bored. Your mind can keep you busy with your vivid thoughts such that you're very much occupied even when alone. This inference is based on my assumption that you're mostly an introvert. I hope I've not written out of point? (I need feedback before I can continue)
Re: How Do I Learn To Keep A Friend....??? by oladipoolaitan(m): 11:24am On Jul 16, 2014
eleojo23: An extrovert? Let's go over some of what you wrote up there. You said 'I love privacy a lot, I read
books listen to news with my leisure time. So hardly go out
some times, even my neighbor
don't even know my name' This sounds more like what an introvert will do. I mean, there is no real extrovert who loves privacy A LOT. Unless you're a mixture of both but your description above tilts more to the introvert side. The reason why you don't have friends is because you can very much stay on your own without getting bored. Your mind can keep you busy with your vivid thoughts such that you're very much occupied even when alone. This inference is based on my assumption that you're mostly an introvert. I hope I've not written out of point? (I need feedback before I can continue)
been an extrovert doesn't all mean u should be lousy , i share my opinion with those appreciate my uniqueness and way of life, the moment you oppress people that is less intelligent than you do, by talking too much, they will look for a thousand way to punish you for making them inferior. m only telling i don't believe in friends. will an extrovert play politics? i was CLO during my service days, i was former director of social at ABU zaria then. my topic connotes how do keep a friend?
Re: How Do I Learn To Keep A Friend....??? by Omojuwagem(f): 2:48pm On Jul 16, 2014
You can mail me and i will give you a material on how to make friends and keep them. Omojuwagem@gmail.com
Re: How Do I Learn To Keep A Friend....??? by pinkishgal(f): 4:03pm On Jul 16, 2014
Same as OP, don't know how to keep friends as well..I dislike fake people.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Learn To Keep A Friend....??? by Godspearl(f): 4:23pm On Jul 16, 2014
@op u are not alone,I don't know how to keep friends too.I easily get choked with friends and I just withdraw. We need tips on how to keep friends sad

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Learn To Keep A Friend....??? by shizzle11(m): 4:35pm On Jul 16, 2014
oladipoolaitan: Keeping friends has been a difficult tasks for me, even if I tried to , some thing will just hold me back, through out my degree and master degree program I didn't have a friend, when I meet some one I share thing in common with....and we exchange numbers even he calls ,before a few days, m tired of him. I love privacy a lot, I read books listen to news with my leisure time. So hardly go out some times, even my neighbor don't even know my name , when m going to work ,I greet every one and when m back from work I greet them that's all. To extent that some people mistake my lifestyle for a pride, what really prompt me to seek for advise is to ask if it's a good life style? If not, I will I adopt the principle of been friendly. Know my weeding is around the corner, I don't even know , whom to choose as my best man. My major reason of been alone is just that I don't like an artificial parasite and to avoid some troubles. Pls, any good suggestion will be appreciated [color=#000099][/color]
you mean you have a fiancee? interesting....lol

1 Like

Re: How Do I Learn To Keep A Friend....??? by shizzle11(m): 4:37pm On Jul 16, 2014
oladipoolaitan: thanks, am an extrovert i only talk when its necessary , am just a conceptualized being that some how rigid in his ideology,meeting my wife to be, is just a God intervention, yet to uncover the misery behind it.
i'm sorry but you are contradicting yourself here, how can someone who doesnt have t'he principle of being friendly' be an extrovert?
Re: How Do I Learn To Keep A Friend....??? by oladipoolaitan(m): 11:15pm On Jul 16, 2014
shizzle11:
you mean you have a fiancee? interesting....lol
by his Grace
Re: How Do I Learn To Keep A Friend....??? by oladipoolaitan(m): 11:17pm On Jul 16, 2014
shizzle11:
i'm sorry but you are contradicting yourself here, how can someone who doesnt have t'he principle of being friendly' be an extrovert?
i meet friends ,....don't just know how to keep the long friendship, get this right.
Re: How Do I Learn To Keep A Friend....??? by oladipoolaitan(m): 7:02am On Jul 17, 2014
Omojuwagem: You can mail me and i will give you a material on how to make friends and keep them. Omojuwagem@gmail.com
forget about my email, say whatever u gat to say here , let's very learn from it. I don't share my email pls.
Re: How Do I Learn To Keep A Friend....??? by MARKone(m): 5:40pm On Jul 17, 2014
OP you are not alone.

And don't think you'll ever change, so don't disturb yourself.
Re: How Do I Learn To Keep A Friend....??? by Nobody: 4:52am On Jul 18, 2014
Op, tis not about you being introvert and/or extrovert because you can alternate @ will so your chance with your wife shouldn't be questioned !!

you are just a man with diverse priorities and preferences thus whomsoever that can not catch up with you get dumbed by you, also, it is no doubt that some people operate optimally doing things alone and maybe you are of the Opinion that when you allowed people into your life too close, they will slow you down and never allow you to operate @ your full potentials !!!

Personally, I like chasing people who possess superb prowess than I do but when you catch up with them , you will discover that they are only best @ that one quality ( when you review, you will discover you are better) the other parts of their life is a mess !!

Then, you acquire the quality you need from them, review it to your own taste and recoil back to your harem cuz you don't wanna be part of other issues in their life !!

Conclusion :
If you are like this , this is who you will always be otherwise , you may lose some precious values, miss critical points when you are reviewing your LIFE @ old age !!!

I will only advice that you should be diplomatic , you can still keep people @ bay without them knowing it to avoid being tagged a snub cuz they are gonna treat your f:uc:kUp when you need their help and U will wonder what your offence is !!
wink
Re: How Do I Learn To Keep A Friend....??? by oladipoolaitan(m): 7:06am On Jul 18, 2014
donroxy: Op, tis not about you being introvert and/or extrovert because you can alternate @ will so your chance with your wife shouldn't be questioned !!

you are just a man with diverse priorities and preferences thus whomsoever that can not catch up with you get dumbed by you, also, it is no doubt that some people operate optimally doing things alone and maybe you are of the Opinion that when you allowed people into your life too close, they will slow you down and never allow you to operate @ your full potentials !!!

Personally, I like chasing people who possess superb prowess than I do but when you catch up with them , you will discover that they are only best @ that one quality ( when you review, you will discover you are better) the other parts of their life is a mess !! nice one bro, what a nice point from you. thanks

Then, you acquire the quality you need from them, review it to your own taste and recoil back to your harem cuz you don't wanna be part of other issues in their life !!

Conclusion :
If you are like this , this is who you will always be otherwise , you may lose some precious values, miss critical points when you are reviewing your LIFE @ old age !!!

I will only advice that you should be diplomatic , you can still keep people @ bay without them knowing it to avoid being tagged a snub cuz they are gonna treat your f:uc:kUp when you need their help and U will wonder what your offence is !!
wink
Re: How Do I Learn To Keep A Friend....??? by KelvinGraphics(m): 1:35pm On Jul 23, 2014
pinkishgal: Same as OP, don't know how to keep friends as well..I dislike fake people.
Just like me too
Re: How Do I Learn To Keep A Friend....??? by Liamm(m): 2:48pm On Jul 23, 2014
@OP, WE'RE IN THE SAME BOAT. I MYSELF DON'T HAVE FRIENDS AND THERE'S AN ADVANTAGE. I DON'T GET BOTHERED BY ANYTHING. I'M JUST ME. grin

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Learn To Keep A Friend....??? by GboyegaD(m): 6:07pm On Jul 24, 2014
The best way to keep friends is choosing your friends and been your normal person at all times. That doesn't imply you don't befriend those who choose you. In all cases; just be yourself.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Learn To Keep A Friend....??? by ernie4life(m): 7:43pm On Jul 24, 2014
keeping friends is simple to those who understand it. 
Rule 1- we are all human so we have our own flaws. Every human on earth has a flaw being someone's friend means knowing the flaw and still accommodating the person. You can't have a friend and belive the person won't upset you or disappoint you at some time, that unrealistic. But with understanding you both will always settle your differences. 
Rule 2 - learn to see people the way the are not the way you WANT them to be. Accommodating is the next word, nobody is perfect, when you see your friend doing somethings you never expected, the right to do is not end or work away from the person instead talk to the person in a calm and friendly manner don't criticizse the person instead correct in a friendly way and give the person time to change if possible give the person a reason to change.
Rule 3 - learn to share. Share anything sharable( not ur hubby oh) share ideas, if the person is not in same social status with you help the person upgrade, build the person to your own level of understanding, encourage the person to achieve his or her dreams even though the may not be the same with yours so long as the dreams positive.
Rule 3 - learn to forgive. If you are the type that will harbour what happened years ago in your heart then you are not fit for the status of " a friend " when you have misunderstanding let the person know your point find a way to resolve issues fast even if it means you saying sorry, if you are hurt let the person know and once he or she says sorry don't just forgive but also forget that instantly. 
Rule 4 : keep the communication lines open. Make out time to visit friends, spend time with them, call them even if it is to say how u dey? It matters a lot, it shows u still have the person at heart. Don't be selfish and say I am always calling without asking, " what could be the reason why I haven't heard from my dear friend?"
Rule 4 - make friends with people that you have things in common. When you make friends with people that you lots in common it gives you a large variety of things to gist, assuming you love football and make friends with someone who share the same passion you both could always hang out to watch your favourite clubs play or gist about latest transfers. It even gives you the opportunity to learn from each other. 
Am a mixture of introvert and extrovert but still I can't stay without my friends, the give me courage in trying times and inspire me to do things I never believed I could do. IF YOU HAVE CRAZY FRIENDS YOU HAVE EVERYTHING.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Learn To Keep A Friend....??? by oladipoolaitan(m): 5:28am On Jul 25, 2014
ernie4life: keeping friends is simple to those who understand it. 
Rule 1- we are all human so we have our own flaws. Every human on earth has a flaw being someone's friend means knowing the flaw and still accommodating the person. You can't have a friend and belive the person won't upset you or disappoint you at some time, that unrealistic. But with understanding you both will always settle your differences. 
Rule 2 - learn to see people the way the are not the way you WANT them to be. Accommodating is the next word, nobody is perfect, when you see your friend doing somethings you never expected, the right to do is not end or work away from the person instead talk to the person in a calm and friendly manner don't criticizse the person instead correct in a friendly way and give the person time to change if possible give the person a reason to change.
Rule 3 - learn to share. Share anything sharable( not ur hubby oh) share ideas, if the person is not in same social status with you help the person upgrade, build the person to your own level of understanding, encourage the person to achieve his or her dreams even though the may not be the same with yours so long as the dreams positive.
Rule 3 - learn to forgive. If you are the type that will harbour what happened years ago in your heart then you are not fit for the status of " a friend " when you have misunderstanding let the person know your point find a way to resolve issues fast even if it means you saying sorry, if you are hurt let the person know and once he or she says sorry don't just forgive but also forget that instantly. 
Rule 4 : keep the communication lines open. Make out time to visit friends, spend time with them, call them even if it is to say how u dey? It matters a lot, it shows u still have the person at heart. Don't be selfish and say I am always calling without asking, " what could be the reason why I haven't heard from my dear friend?"
Rule 4 - make friends with people that you have things in common. When you make friends with people that you lots in common it gives you a large variety of things to gist, assuming you love football and make friends with someone who share the same passion you both could always hang out to watch your favourite clubs play or gist about latest transfers. It even gives you the opportunity to learn from each other. 
Am a mixture of introvert and extrovert but still I can't stay without my friends, the give me courage in trying times and inspire me to do things I never believed I could do. IF YOU HAVE CRAZY FRIENDS YOU HAVE EVERYTHING. 
nice one dear

(1) (Reply)

. / How Will You React If Your Husband Decides To Bring In Another Wife / BBM Group For Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.