Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

Why Are You Angry With God? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are You Angry With God? (4145 Views)

This Post Is Sure Gonna Make You Angry. That's Your Problem!! / Hypocrisy Alert!: Are You Angry With Kemi Olunloyo For Her Comment On Adeboye? / Is It Right For One To Be Angry With God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are You Angry With God? by Judas2013: 1:33pm On Jul 17, 2014
cococandy: There's no relationship between the two.
God can't control your decision.
Your decision is yours and the consequences thereof.

That is why your god is a powerless god. If i catch him/it, i will kill it!
Re: Why Are You Angry With God? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jul 17, 2014
You wont kill it because it doesn't exist.
Re: Why Are You Angry With God? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jul 17, 2014
cococandy: There's no relationship between the two.
God can't control your decision.
Your decision is yours and the consequences thereof.
I will not argue with you. smiley
Re: Why Are You Angry With God? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jul 17, 2014
cococandy: There's no law to that.
My husband was anglican
But we both changed to a new different denomination.

Okay.
Good luck.
Re: Why Are You Angry With God? by cococandy(f): 1:37pm On Jul 17, 2014
You'd rather he were the god who's so 'powerful' he makes human puppets?
Judas2013:

That is why your god is a powerless god. If i catch him/it, i will kill it!
Re: Why Are You Angry With God? by cococandy(f): 1:38pm On Jul 17, 2014
Neither will i
Apatheist:
I will not argue with you. smiley
Re: Why Are You Angry With God? by qstar(m): 1:48pm On Jul 17, 2014
In summary, Cococandy, the essence of your thread is to preach to us "unbelievers".

What do you know about "theology"? Do you have a degree in theology or religion?

1 Like

Re: Why Are You Angry With God? by qstar(m): 1:59pm On Jul 17, 2014
Anyway, if you are angry with god for not healing you, that's your kettle of fish. I have never fallen ill for over a decade now albeit some headaches usually biennially.
The striking difference between my view and that of religionists is just a contrasting notion of the god-concept. As such, i do not expect god to come and heal anybody or perform miracles.
Re: Why Are You Angry With God? by cococandy(f): 2:28pm On Jul 17, 2014
qstar: In summary, Cococandy, the essence of your thread is to preach to us "unbelievers".

What do you know about "theology"? Do you have a degree in theology or religion?

No. Not to preach to unbelievers. How can you be angry at a God you don't acknowledge his existence? It doesn't make sense.

This one is for believers who feel short-changed

I know hardly anything about theology. Neither did I study religion.
Re: Why Are You Angry With God? by Weah96: 2:36pm On Jul 17, 2014
Joel3: well let me say this, it will be sad for me to pass by without saying this.

The truth is nothing is evil... The word evil was invented by man.

You have no problem in killing and eating animals? Do you? You see them as normal and good. You even take them as food and nutritious value, you researchers even says they can cure this and cure that.

I wouldn't say nothing is evil. I prefer evil is good. But I've been making the exact same observations about our relationship with the rest of the animal kingdom right here on this forum. Someone called me unreasonable, even after I explained I eat meat and fish myself. Do you by any chance use entheogens?
Re: Why Are You Angry With God? by Joel3(m): 3:27pm On Jul 17, 2014
Weah96:

I wouldn't say nothing is evil. I prefer evil is good. But I've been making the exact same observations about our relationship with the rest of the animal kingdom right here on this forum. Someone called me unreasonable, even after I explained I eat meat and fish myself. Do you by any chance use entheogens?

Yes what i mean by nothing is evil is same as evil is good. Evil is a word that describe wrong behaviour by human standard.

Because we have learnt to believe evil to be bad. So to fault that claim I simply says nothing is evil. Although you are right. Its better to say evil is good.

Having said that. No I don't use Entheogens.
Animals are living things same as humans. No different. The only thing is that some livingthng are superior to others in terms of power and strength. Because God made them so for His own reasons. But God care for all living thing as same as humans. Many humans think for themselves only that is the problemwhy the blame God.

my observation is that every living thing is made perfect for the earth to be fulfill a course. Nothing is by mistake.

I happens to have a talk with a pastor last two month. And our discussion was about making it in life. He said one need to take action to make it big in life. If you want to be rich and succeed in life you have to do this and that.

I said yes I also believe in hard work but I made him to understand that there is timing to everything. I used to worship and believe what I don't know praying for sudden miracles this and that which never happens. until I encountered timing. Timing is my religion. The right thing at the right time if you worship and serve this your life will never remain the same. If you do things when the time has not yet come you will fail.

He told me is a lie, I told him again in as much as I believe in action to be wealthy but timing is something that is most important. I gave him some reference which he later understand but he still insisted on prayer and hard work. Most people make others to believe that prayer solve everything, well I really don't want to go into that now maybe another day....

The truth is if the time is here you don't need to pray. If I will be rich tomorrow nothing any body even witches can do. and if the time is to die tomorrow also nothing anybody can do. Rather they will start to trade blames on this and that.

The pastor said I don't know what I am talking about that he want to start his big farm. Do you believe three week later I got a call that the said pastor has dead.?

people start crying and trading blame. I was there and told them its good for everything is good and nothing is evil but the human understanding is different they cannot crab it.. The time has come and nothing anybody can do. Everything is timing and good for a purpose. just adinbeen he was to be rich this day nothing would have change it as well..

So my take again is that There is Timing which I believe in. You don't pray anyhow and start blaming any superior being.

Encounter the true God not the ones with promise in and there, the true God does not promise anything, when something is too promising it become a scam, when something is too sweet then there is a catch.. But the true God who create everything does not made promise. He make some rich and some poor for his perfect reasons. He made witches andwizard and other spiritual beings for his perfect reasons.

You are disturbed by witches and wizard is because he want it so. I serve the God of timing I don't pray for event to change anyhow even if I pray and its doesn't change I don't blame anybody because everything is good. I might not be seeing it. But it good for his reasons. The perfect creator does things accordingly.

Believe in timing and see everything as good. Your life will change for good. And never remain the same.

1 Like

Re: Why Are You Angry With God? by ihedinobi2: 4:23pm On Jul 17, 2014
Interesting question. Back later to read through.
Re: Why Are You Angry With God? by Kay17: 8:02pm On Jul 17, 2014
cococandy: Your free will and the will of God aren't mutually exclusive.
Your free will can let you decide to do good or evil
But it can't let you decide to win the lottery or get hit by lightening.

You are obviously confusing terms together and losing sight of their meanings. It seems you think all value judgments are as a result of freewill and magic is owed to divine will. Look at the Adam and Eve example, it is either their freewill OR of their divine will.

1 Like

Re: Why Are You Angry With God? by cococandy(f): 8:07pm On Jul 17, 2014
What is free will to you?
And how do define the will of God?
Kay17:

You are obviously confusing terms together and losing sight of their meanings. It seems you think all value judgments are as a result of freewill and magic is owed to divine will. Look at the Adam and Eve example, it is either their freewill OR of their divine will.
Re: Why Are You Angry With God? by Kay17: 8:58pm On Jul 17, 2014
I defined those earlier in this thread.
Re: Why Are You Angry With God? by qstar(m): 10:35am On Jul 18, 2014
cococandy: What is free will to you?
And how do define the will of God?

Kay17 described it here.

Kay17:
Freewill places the individual on the driver's seat and he/she steers her life into whatever direction he/she desires, while God's Plan is the direct opposite. God is in charge and not the individual. So one must make way for the other.

1 Like

Re: Why Are You Angry With God? by ihedinobi2: 11:34am On Jul 29, 2014
Kay17:

What does this mean? Explain how the options available were exercising their free will or not.
Re: Why Are You Angry With God? by ihedinobi2: 11:41am On Jul 29, 2014
@topic

I've been angry with God a few times. The reason has always been because I didn't understand Him. Normally I would have an expectation based on what I thought of Him and it would be disappointed and because of how fragile we are, each disappointment hurts terribly. We could die, be maimed or suffer shame or loss of some grievous kind if our expectations fail. So it is always a little bit scary to have to entrust our expectations to anyone other than ourselves.

And when we trust God, how are we going to get Him to do anything? We are powerless against him. We can't see Him to attack him. And we can't see him to insult him. The most that we can do is try to provoke him somehow to get a rise out of him and bring him down to our level so that we can fight with him. And it doesn't always appear to work.
Re: Why Are You Angry With God? by Weah96: 12:23pm On Jul 29, 2014
ihedinobi2:

And when we trust God, how are we going to get Him to do anything? We are powerless against him. We can't see Him to attack him. And we can't see him to insult him.

An omniscient and omnipotent God won't be bothered by the insults coming from ordinary mammals. If he is, then it's possible to insult him through prayers, yea?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are You Angry With God? by ihedinobi2: 2:33pm On Jul 29, 2014
Weah96:

An omniscient and omnipotent God won't be bothered by the insults coming from ordinary mammals. If he is, then it's possible to insult him through prayers, yea?
And why wouldn't He be? Did He create them to insult Him?

If one prays at all, they assume that God is there to hear and concerned enough to respond and that is enough to engage His attention, according to the Bible. So, yes it is possible to insult Him through prayers. But my point was that we are so remote from His reality that we feel powerless against Him and that makes us feel frustrated and angry with Him. It's hard to imagine that a self-sufficient being should be concerned with us so it's annoying when you have expectations of him because then you have no way of enforcing them, at least that is what you would think.
Re: Why Are You Angry With God? by BlackLeopard(m): 5:11pm On Feb 07, 2015
For taking so many dearest to me back to Him. But then, He knows better what's good for them.

1 Like

Re: Why Are You Angry With God? by Jameselias: 10:12am On Feb 08, 2015
First of all which of the god do u mean? Allah,yaweh,amadioha, osiris,mithra,oduduwa,etc specify the god so we can gurgy (him/her/it) by (his/her/it)character .
Re: Why Are You Angry With God? by Jameselias: 10:19am On Feb 08, 2015
Joel3:
well let me say this, it will be sad for me to pass by without saying this.

The truth is nothing is evil... The word evil was invented by man. Everything in this world is God. When I say God I am not talking to the quran or bible God. I mean the true God, the maker of all things. And Which many do not know yet.

Everything is good. The human mind is filled with selfishness and that's why the word evil originated.

Its good to sick, its good to suffer, its good to die, its good to poor. Its good to be rich. Everything has it relevant. And Nothing is evil or bad.

But the books which was made by man has made this word "evil" seems to be a bad thing. There is no evil nor bad. Everything is good and perfect. It balance the echo system.

And anyone Who is sick need to patronize the physician. people need to suffer and die. But the humans are so emotional to be selfcentered and biased on everything that doesn't seen favor to them.

You have no problem in killing and eating animals? Do you? You see them as normal and good. You even take them as food and nutritious value, your researchers even says they are good and can cure this and cure that.

And yet you forgot that they are living things. have you consider the pains they go through when you eat them? Will they animals blame God for making them animals as food for the humans? Its all about give and take. Everything need to be favored in return. Not only favor for the humans alone.

pest and parasites are living creatures, although they are decease to human but they are also living things. No living thing is important than the other on earth.

Everything must live and survive in this earth. its all about survival of the fittest.

Everything is good for the purpose for God. Not for humans. Everything living on earth is important in the sight of the maker. Its time for human to understand this fact that the earth is not for them alone. And there is no being that consider them the first or important creatures.

Then they will stop this blames.

The fact that humans are higher of a being doesn't make them dominion over the earth. The earth belong to everything. Even those things you didn't even consider. They are all makes of God.

nothing is bad but everything is good. Until the human stop been selfish they will keep blaming God they know nothing about.

If you want to know the true God let me know.
i want to know but don't tell me it's timing
Re: Why Are You Angry With God? by Joel3(m): 11:25am On Feb 08, 2015
Jameselias:
i want to know but don't tell me it's timing
ummm.
Re: Why Are You Angry With God? by Jameselias: 3:21pm On Feb 08, 2015
Joel3:
ummm.
what do u mean? is this the god?
Re: Why Are You Angry With God? by Joel3(m): 4:17pm On Feb 08, 2015
Jameselias:
what do u mean? is this the god?
i am sure we dont have the time for that now. This happens to be old thread.

by the way are you christian or muslim.

I don't want to waste my time over debates.

Well intro

The true God. The creator who created everything doesn't have anything to do with a particular religion.

You must first of all denounced and renounce any religion and believe of yours. You need to be neutral and seek to know him and who he his.

You must be ready to accept what you see. You don't have to hold back.

This is a strong one of you ask me.

Otherwise no need for it.
Re: Why Are You Angry With God? by Jameselias: 5:49pm On Feb 08, 2015
Joel3:
i am sure we dont have the time for that now. This happens to be old thread.
by the way are you christian or muslim.
I don't want to waste my time over debates.
Well intro
The true God. The creator who created everything doesn't have anything to do with a particular religion.
You must first of all denounced and renounce any religion and believe of yours. You need to be neutral and seek to know him and who he his.
You must be ready to accept what you see. You don't have to hold back.
This is a strong one of you ask me.
Otherwise no need for it.
no i am not a christain or a muslim, matter of fact i have renounced religion since. i see my self as a seeker of truth so go ahead i am ready to lern.
Re: Why Are You Angry With God? by Joel3(m): 6:26pm On Feb 08, 2015
Jameselias:
no i am not a christain or a muslim, matter of fact i have renounced religion since. i see my self as a seeker of truth so go ahead i am ready to lern.
ok fine.

Even if you renouce christianity. You can still pray in the name of jesus. That doesn't stop you from taping from the power in the name.

There is some powers in all religion. This powers are limited. But this religious people will tell you that there is nothing the power cannot do which is a lie.

You can pray to change some little things and not all things, this has nothing to do with accuracy of the holy book or not. If its the true book from the creator or not. there is some power in all the holy books.

We have powers that claim to be from the true creator but they are not. because they are limited. Limitation in the sense that they are alegy to some act or reaction. Reason is that this powers forbid some things. All power on earth has something that it forbid this let you know they are not the creator.

Example. Seduction & Fornication. Chass away the bible God. Just like the other act that chass away the gods.

This things are formula. Instead of praying they are some formula that you can apply and solved spiritual problem and chass away some spiritual force because there is something that the force doesn't agree to.

hey, I don't want to talk over this again. Let just leave it like this.
Re: Why Are You Angry With God? by Jameselias: 7:14pm On Feb 08, 2015
U said if some one want's to know the true God he should indicate interest which i did but now u have diverted it to formular for power which u didn't expaintaite. which one u dey self.
Joel3:
ok fine.
Even if you renouce christianity. You can still pray in the name of jesus. That doesn't stop you from taping from the power in the name.
There is some powers in all religion. This powers are limited. But this religious people will tell you that there is nothing the power cannot do which is a lie.
You can pray to change some little things and not all things, this has nothing to do with accuracy of the holy book or not. If its the true book from the creator or not. there is some power in all the holy books.
We have powers that claim to be from the true creator but they are not. because they are limited. Limitation in the sense that they are alegy to some act or reaction. Reason is that this powers forbid some things. All power on earth has something that it forbid this let you know they are not the creator.
Example. Seduction & Fornication. Chass away the bible God. Just like the other act that chass away the gods.
This things are formula. Instead of praying they are some formula that you can apply and solved spiritual problem and chass away some spiritual force because there is something that the force doesn't agree to.
hey, I don't want to talk over this again. Let just leave it like this.
U said if some one want's to know the true God he should indicate interest which i did but now u have diverted it to formular for power which u didn't expaintaite. which one u dey self.
Re: Why Are You Angry With God? by Joel3(m): 7:29pm On Feb 08, 2015
Jameselias:
U said if some one want's to know the true God he should indicate interest which i did but now u have diverted it to formular for power which u didn't expaintaite. which one u dey self. U said if some one want's to know the true God he should indicate interest which i did but now u have diverted it to formular for power which u didn't expaintaite. which one u dey self.
my reason of explaining this is that if you understand this things, you brain will be able to understand some things about the true God.

I cannot point any direction to show you the God if that's what you expect.

God is not in any direction if any one show you where God is that its a lie. No road lead to God. there is no trace.

God is far from humans. very very very far away.

You cannot know him. sorry son.
Re: Why Are You Angry With God? by Jameselias: 7:54pm On Feb 08, 2015
Joel3:
my reason of explaining this is that if you understand this things, you brain will be able to understand some things about the true God.
I cannot point any direction to show you the God if that's what you expect.
God is not in any direction if any one show you where God is that its a lie. No road lead to God. there is no trace.
God is far from humans. very very very far away.
You cannot know him. sorry son.
mr man just shut up! Thought u hv sm tin to say u re just a sounding brass, and a clinging cynbrill, claiming what u re not, just look at u, trying to teach me, how can u advice somebody to pray in another man's name? u're a fool.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Summary Of The Mystery Of The World / Pastors In Funny Memes / How Can I marry a Spirit Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.