Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,513 members, 7,954,941 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:59 PM

Orangetot Online Writing Contest - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Orangetot Online Writing Contest (2808 Views)

Get The Secrets To Making $500+ Online Writing Articles! / Free Online Writing Tutorial For Nigerian Writers. / Online Writing Jobs You Should Do Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Orangetot Online Writing Contest by Nobody: 7:36am On Sep 03, 2014
About the Writing Contest

1st prize #20,000

2nd prize #10,000

3rd prize #5,000

Top seven amazing works; 4th to 10th gets #2,000 each. Total of ten winners!

*Note* These prizes can be changed at anytime.

Entering fee is #500. You can submit up to 2 of your works for greater chance of winning.

If you have retained winnings with us you can use it to enter the contest instead of paying #500 in the bank.

You'll be informed what to write on. In some cases there will be no criteria inwhich case you can submit any of your works that you feel is good enough.

Maximum words for stories is 2000 words.

PLZ kindly share this.
Re: Orangetot Online Writing Contest by Nobody: 9:44am On Sep 06, 2014
About Retained Winnings.

Whenever you win cash prizes you will be asked if you want to collect the cash prize or retain it with us inorder for you to use it to compete in the writing contest.

Why do we ask?

To compete in the Writing Contest with cash prizes worth from 20k, you’ll have to pay an entering fee of #500. We know how frustrating it is sometimes to go to the bank, so having the retained winnings with us means you can compete in the Writing Contest using your retained winnings.

You can also decide to collect a percentage from your cash prize and retain the rest. For example you win #2000 in the story battle, you can opt to collect #1000 and retain #1000.
Re: Orangetot Online Writing Contest by LarrySun(m): 10:02am On Sep 06, 2014
But the two thousand words maximum is too small. Why not four thousand or five?
Re: Orangetot Online Writing Contest by Nobody: 10:56pm On Sep 06, 2014
LarrySun: But the two thousand words maximum is too small. Why not four thousand or five?

Hey swtty Larry wink We imagine that there are going to be an avalanche of stories sent and going thru all will take time especially if it were long, but making it short will make it easier.

But who knows, d rules might get bent.
Re: Orangetot Online Writing Contest by LarrySun(m): 1:12am On Sep 07, 2014
Repteam:

Hey swtty Larry wink We imagine that there are going to be an avalanche of stories sent and going thru all will take time especially if it were long, but making it short will make it easier.

But who knows, d rules might get bent.
Okay. I'll be waiting for you.
Re: Orangetot Online Writing Contest by urch45: 2:35pm On Sep 08, 2014
I heard someone saying he wanted to publish. Here's a good one. They accept online manuscript submission. Try cassava republic. Though I dont know that much about them or their website. Another sure one is www.blacktowerpublishers.com.ng They offer editing, proofreading, translation services. Even script review. Have only used their services once.
Re: Orangetot Online Writing Contest by 5minsmadness: 3:39pm On Sep 08, 2014
Is the website up and running now?
Re: Orangetot Online Writing Contest by Nobody: 10:03am On Sep 09, 2014
5minsmadness: Is the website up and running now?

No. not yet. would be up and running by Nov- Dec. BTW u ask like you've been a long time follower. r u?
Re: Orangetot Online Writing Contest by 5minsmadness: 1:23pm On Sep 09, 2014
Repteam:

No. not yet. would be up and running by Nov- Dec. BTW u ask like you've been a long time follower. r u?
Nope. Just saw this a while ago and read up on all the posts. I'm interested. Am I too late?
Re: Orangetot Online Writing Contest by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 09, 2014
5minsmadness:
Nope. Just saw this a while ago and read up on all the posts. I'm interested. Am I too late?

No you aren't late at all smiley Good to have you. you might need to like our fan page to stay informed.

but if u av any question I'm willing to ansa it here or via my Twitter @Costinah
Re: Orangetot Online Writing Contest by Nobody: 8:05am On Sep 10, 2014
About the cash prizes, they are subject to change anytime, there is more likely to be an increase. Moreover you have absolutely nothing to lose for trying it out.

Don't forget to like our page.
Re: Orangetot Online Writing Contest by Nobody: 12:23pm On Sep 12, 2014
Hello to all of you. So I know you've all been
waiting for the Orangetot website ...well me too.
Heard its going to be launched Nov-Dec.
But hey there is good news. Prior that time a
group for Orangetot has been created for you to
share your poems and short stories and participate
in the weekly cash contest and win up to #1000.
You won't pay a dime to contest in the weekly
contest!
If you're interested enter this link and join the
Facebook group.;
https://m./280705818782100

like and follow

https://m.facebook.com/orangetott

follow @ orangetot1
Enjoy!
Re: Orangetot Online Writing Contest by Nobody: 10:55am On Sep 13, 2014
Join the orangetot group now on Facebook. There will be weekly cash contest.

To join enter here:
https://m./280705818782100

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Most Voluminous Books You've Ever Read / [story] I Called It R.*.p.e (rated 18+)… Part 11 / Why Is Things Fall Apart Regarded As The Best Novel From Africa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.