Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,160 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:09 PM

How To Successfully Live In The University Without Indulging In Bad Activities - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Successfully Live In The University Without Indulging In Bad Activities (1096 Views)

The University Of Liverpool Comes To You! Move Ahead Without Moving Away / Secret Cult Activities On Campus Exposed (must Read) + Pictures / Do You Know You Can Gain Admission Into Any University Without Utme? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Successfully Live In The University Without Indulging In Bad Activities by Thewhizzkid1(m): 9:57pm On Jul 16, 2014
Hello beautiful people..Pls I need to know how I can strive through university life without indulging in bad activities...Hw can I avoid joining cult groups and making bad friends?
Re: How To Successfully Live In The University Without Indulging In Bad Activities by princed4real(m): 10:07pm On Jul 16, 2014
Bro am wif you oh... Is issue if cult nd stuff wont let my mind rest
Re: How To Successfully Live In The University Without Indulging In Bad Activities by Chuukwudi(m): 12:38am On Jul 17, 2014
JOIN A FELLOWSHIP OR ANY RELIGIOUS ORGANISATION AND PARTICIPATE FULLY. IDENTIFY YOURSELF AS A BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN, ATTEND ACADEMIC/RELIGIOUS SEMINERS. YOU WILL LEARN MORE. BE PRAYERFUL, BE A GOOD EXAMPLE FOR OTHERS TO FOLLOW, HAVE AN ACADEMIC MENTOR, USUALLY, ONE OF THE FIRST FIVE STUDENTS IN YOUR DEPARTMENT, (UPPER LEVEL)
Re: How To Successfully Live In The University Without Indulging In Bad Activities by Thewhizzkid1(m): 12:36pm On Jul 17, 2014
Chuukwudi: JOIN A FELLOWSHIP OR ANY RELIGIOUS ORGANISATION AND PARTICIPATE FULLY. IDENTIFY YOURSELF AS A BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN, ATTEND ACADEMIC/RELIGIOUS SEMINERS. YOU WILL LEARN MORE. BE PRAYERFUL, BE A GOOD EXAMPLE FOR OTHERS TO FOLLOW, HAVE AN ACADEMIC MENTOR, USUALLY, ONE OF THE FIRST FIVE STUDENTS IN YOUR DEPARTMENT, (UPPER LEVEL)

Thanks uncle, but d /problem now is dat some of these upper level guys are cultists and we may not know...
Re: How To Successfully Live In The University Without Indulging In Bad Activities by Thewhizzkid1(m): 12:38pm On Jul 17, 2014
princed4real: Bro am wif you oh... Is issue if cult nd stuff wont let my mind rest
My guy I thought it was only me oo...Abeg I need ur suggestions..
Re: How To Successfully Live In The University Without Indulging In Bad Activities by Idacrux: 1:11pm On Jul 17, 2014
IF u are a muslim join Mssn and u dont need many friends in campus,else!
....be very careful in all ur daily activities in campus,be close to allah s.b.w.a
Re: How To Successfully Live In The University Without Indulging In Bad Activities by Thewhizzkid1(m): 2:40pm On Jul 17, 2014
Idacrux: IF u are a muslim join Mssn and u dont need many friends in campus,else!
....be very careful in all ur daily activities in campus,be close to allah s.b.w.a
Thanks..Anyway m nt a muslim
Re: How To Successfully Live In The University Without Indulging In Bad Activities by Nobody: 9:23pm On Sep 18, 2014
always be careful and conscious of any decision you take and be mindful of the people you keep as friends.
Re: How To Successfully Live In The University Without Indulging In Bad Activities by UniqueGem(m): 11:42pm On Sep 18, 2014
I'm also an aspirant like you are, though i've had to leave home and go for A'level in some other state, but how i strived was by staying with my uncle who is married and has a family, so he took me in as one of his children this made me to comport my self with the knowledge that somebody is watching me. But for this to work, u have to have a very strong will to conquer and always be focused becos in sch, u must and will always see tins that'll tempt you. YOU MUST DEFINE YOURSELF FROM THE ROOT.. While i was there, i don't move with ppl anyhow, if lecture ends by 6pm and they say we should wait for night class, i DON't wait, becos they only end up wasting my time when u're supposed to go home and jack (N.B: most ppl who wait for this so called nyt class stay in the hostel). Through my 1year and 6months in the sch, nobody in that sch toppled me upon their night class and all other trash.
Another thing is that u must be very strict and bold, let ur yes be your yes and your No be your No. Many are in school, but not everybody came to study, some of them don't have life, no ambition or whatsoever they are only there to spoil others life. In fact if possible, let ur frndship with anybody end inside the sch compound, if u see them on the road it should just be "guy hw far na" "where u dey go?" "Okay see you in class". But if you decide to over mingle and form familiarity with everyone, remember that there is a saying that "If your life takes a wrong turn, remember you are the driver" which means u're liable to whatever happens to you becos u made the decision in the first place. Take this as a case study 'you got to class, during lecture some guys are misbehaving den u decide to join in the fun, then after class if u gained anytin at all it won't be more than 1/10. Your new cohort walks up to you after class and say hey bro whatsupp, u ansa still over smiling like a dummy, so he says where are u off to?, u tell them u're going home, he asks you where you live you tell him, he then says make we go ur side na, i wan make u explain sumtin for me and you foolishly agree. They follow u home and when you are done and he leaves u discover that one of ur property is missing the worse part is in a case that he won' steal anytin, but will come to ur house with his frnds unannounced the next day..... YOU SEE with this, u've created an avenue for destiny destroyers to enter your life. One thing you should know is that u'll only know this step becos i'm explaining it to you, if u had no prior knowledge about it and this scene starts unfolding, i swear u won't know and u won't suspect anytin until u've completely lost tracK of you vision. So u have to be vigilant at all times becos there are many other scopes they use in attacking.

Lemme know if u're getting dis before i continue, becos there are many tins you should know as a student before going in for campus life.

2 Likes

Re: How To Successfully Live In The University Without Indulging In Bad Activities by Thewhizzkid1(m): 7:54am On Sep 19, 2014
UniqueGem: I'm also an aspirant like you are, though i've had to leave home and go for A'level in some other state, but how i strived was by staying with my uncle who is married and has a family, so he took me in as one of his children this made me to comport my self with the knowledge that somebody is watching me. But for this to work, u have to have a very strong will to conquer and always be focused becos in sch, u must and will always see tins that'll tempt you. YOU MUST DEFINE YOURSELF FROM THE ROOT.. While i was there, i don't move with ppl anyhow, if lecture ends by 6pm and they say we should wait for night class, i DON't wait, becos they only end up wasting my time when u're supposed to go home and jack (N.B: most ppl who wait for this so called nyt class stay in the hostel). Through my 1year and 6months in the sch, nobody in that sch toppled me upon their night class and all other trash.
Another thing is that u must be very strict and bold, let ur yes be your yes and your No be your No. Many are in school, but not everybody came to study, some of them don't have life, no ambition or whatsoever they are only there to spoil others life. In fact if possible, let ur frndship with anybody end inside the sch compound, if u see them on the road it should just be "guy hw far na" "where u dey go?" "Okay see you in class". But if you decide to over mingle and form familiarity with everyone, remember that there is a saying that "If your life takes a wrong turn, remember you are the driver" which means u're liable to whatever happens to you becos u made the decision in the first place. Take this as a case study 'you got to class, during lecture some guys are misbehaving den u decide to join in the fun, then after class if u gained anytin at all it won't be more than 1/10. Your new cohort walks up to you after class and say hey bro whatsupp, u ansa still over smiling like a dummy, so he says where are u off to?, u tell them u're going home, he asks you where you live you tell him, he then says make we go ur side na, i wan make u explain sumtin for me and you foolishly agree. They follow u home and when you are done and he leaves u discover that one of ur property is missing the worse part is in a case that he won' steal anytin, but will come to ur house with his frnds unannounced the next day..... YOU SEE with this, u've created an avenue for destiny destroyers to enter your life. One thing you should know is that u'll only know this step becos i'm explaining it to you, if u had no prior knowledge about it and this scene starts unfolding, i swear u won't know and u won't suspect anytin until u've completely lost tracK of you vision. So u have to be vigilant at all times becos there are many other scopes they use in attacking.

Lemme know if u're getting dis before i continue, becos there are many tins you should know as a student before going in for campus life.
Thanks bro...M getting u.Pls u can continue..
Re: How To Successfully Live In The University Without Indulging In Bad Activities by Thewhizzkid1(m): 7:55am On Sep 19, 2014
lanotipo: always be careful and conscious of any decision you take and be mindful of the people you keep as friends.
Thanks bro..
Re: How To Successfully Live In The University Without Indulging In Bad Activities by tuwayz(m): 9:30am On Oct 23, 2014
UniqueGem:
I'm also an aspirant like you are, though i've had to leave home and go for A'level in some other state, but how i strived was by staying with my uncle who is married and has a family, so he took me in as one of his children this made me to comport my self with the knowledge that somebody is watching me. But for this to work, u have to have a very strong will to conquer and always be focused becos in sch, u must and will always see tins that'll tempt you. YOU MUST DEFINE YOURSELF FROM THE ROOT.. While i was there, i don't move with ppl anyhow, if lecture ends by 6pm and they say we should wait for night class, i DON't wait, becos they only end up wasting my time when u're supposed to go home and jack (N.B: most ppl who wait for this so called nyt class stay in the hostel). Through my 1year and 6months in the sch, nobody in that sch toppled me upon their night class and all other trash.

may u continue with this write up please.... Am so much interested in it
Re: How To Successfully Live In The University Without Indulging In Bad Activities by Kweenesther(f): 12:24pm On Oct 23, 2014
Hmmm....really really nice post...making sense...
Re: How To Successfully Live In The University Without Indulging In Bad Activities by Adesam09(m): 12:34pm On Oct 23, 2014
tuwayz:

may u continue with this write up please.... Am so much interested in it

(1) (Reply)

Ogun State Govt Shut Down Olabisi Onabanjo University Indefinitely / OAU Admission Cut Off Mark For 2014/2015 Is Out (departmental) / Computer Engineer Vs Computer Sciencetist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.