Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,388 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:11 AM

How My Childs Birthday Was Ruined By D'xplorer Cakes Gbagada - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How My Childs Birthday Was Ruined By D'xplorer Cakes Gbagada (15203 Views)

Pictures Of Beautifully Sculpted Cakes / Birthday Cakes / How Do I Make My Cakes Last For Weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How My Childs Birthday Was Ruined By D'xplorer Cakes Gbagada by eagleeye2: 3:11pm On Jul 17, 2014
Mannastoress: SEEMS THE LADY HAS BEEN GETTING LOTS ABUSIVE CALLS FROM NAIRALANDERS - grin grin grin grin
it seems you just called her.

3 Likes

Re: How My Childs Birthday Was Ruined By D'xplorer Cakes Gbagada by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jul 17, 2014
Nigerians businesses and their jagajaga attitide. If this na here for yankee, that business would have been shut down since last week.

1 Like

Re: How My Childs Birthday Was Ruined By D'xplorer Cakes Gbagada by Lolaabokoku(f): 3:13pm On Jul 17, 2014
Kaxmytex: Thisssss life.....
is beautiful

1 Like

Re: How My Childs Birthday Was Ruined By D'xplorer Cakes Gbagada by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jul 17, 2014
[size=13pt]Consumer Protection Council Abuja. Headquarters Plot 1105 Dar-es-Salaam Street Off Aminu Kano Crescent Wuse II, Abuja. Call Centre: 07002255272 Hotlines: 08056002020, 08056003030.

You can ask them for their Lagos office.

I had a case about someone that sold a substandard good. The guy refused to pay back and was very proud. He said I should do my worst. I took the case to CPC and the guy melted. They served a notice without even a police man involved by inviting the guy to their office. It was a lady that served them the notice about 4pm. By 6pm they started calling me to come to their office that they want to settle the case amicably. To cut the long story short, they refunded me my money kia kia and collected their property.
[/size]

8 Likes

Re: How My Childs Birthday Was Ruined By D'xplorer Cakes Gbagada by klassic(m): 3:15pm On Jul 17, 2014
The golden rule for every business
man is this: “Put yourself in your
customer’s place. – Orison Swett
Marden

When you fail to obey this rule u always have problem with Ur customers.

4 Likes

Re: How My Childs Birthday Was Ruined By D'xplorer Cakes Gbagada by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jul 17, 2014
[size=13pt]Try this phone. I got it online. Will keep checking. 0803 300 7771.

Mokola Bus Stop, Block A, Primal Tek Plaza, 63/65 Idimu Rd, Nigeria

It seems like the Lagos office number. Please let us know when the case is resolved and what happened
[/size]

3 Likes

Re: How My Childs Birthday Was Ruined By D'xplorer Cakes Gbagada by manny4life(m): 3:28pm On Jul 17, 2014
expert1: Is it that there is no other way to settle your problem with the cake vendor?

It is obvious that you want to destroy the image of the vendor on nairaland,
whereas you are only giving her a cool advertisement for free.

As for me, I have never heard of the vendor before, but now I know that there is a shop called Explores Cakes in Gbagada.

By the way, why can't you just bake a cake for your kid instead of going to a baker? I suspect that it is 'Ekaite' that cooks for your hubby at home too, you better go and buy a Cook Book.

...Seed to the sower..Bread to the eater...

Honestly, how about you be the first test subject: go to the woman's shop and buy cake from her? Since this is free advert for her.. Shioor, the way a lot of you guys talk is so annoying. Besides, what has ekaite got to do with this? A woman has every right to buy cake for her kids. Friends and family around me buy cake from the grocery store, and if there's a complaint about the cake whereas there's physical evidence, they will apologize, plus give you gift card or discounted prizing off the next one notwithstanding that the cake gets replaced with immediate alacrity.

15 Likes

Re: How My Childs Birthday Was Ruined By D'xplorer Cakes Gbagada by IAMBREEZY: 3:28pm On Jul 17, 2014
Someone people are just plain wicked.
Re: How My Childs Birthday Was Ruined By D'xplorer Cakes Gbagada by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jul 17, 2014
Looonnggg thing. Sue her arse!!! Then Call necessary authorities.

Talk about bad customer service sha. I ope the OP too wasn't one of those loud mouth clients ooo. Everyone has a grumpy day. undecided

1 Like

Re: How My Childs Birthday Was Ruined By D'xplorer Cakes Gbagada by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jul 17, 2014
Also try standards organisation of nigeria Lagos

11, Kofo Abayomi Street, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria
Re: How My Childs Birthday Was Ruined By D'xplorer Cakes Gbagada by sweetgala(m): 3:29pm On Jul 17, 2014
expert1: Is it that there is no other way to settle your problem with the cake vendor?

As for me, I have never heard of the vendor before, but now I know that there is a shop called Explores Cakes in Gbagada.

By the way, why can't you just bake a cake for your kid instead of going to a baker? I suspect that it is 'Ekaite' that cooks for your hubby at home too, you better go and buy a Cook Book.

Abeg Sharap for there, We are saying A you are chanting B , what the OP decides to do with her money is her choice.
The fact remains xplorer cakes are selling products dangerous for consumption and did not do the needful when the opportunity arose to do so.

You are part of the evils in our society, constantly turning the blind eye to serious moral and legal issues

15 Likes

Re: How My Childs Birthday Was Ruined By D'xplorer Cakes Gbagada by chichi89(f): 3:30pm On Jul 17, 2014
BjMorgan: U no hold something like dis Wen u day go d shop? If not, dats y d woman day talk rubbish, go get one and go bak again, d woman go refound ur money with xtra self, Wen she know say dis tin na for her head and no b joke o
LMAOOOOOO no be play

1 Like

Re: How My Childs Birthday Was Ruined By D'xplorer Cakes Gbagada by megastu(m): 3:30pm On Jul 17, 2014
Never buy cakes on display. Order cakes. Sorry about this.

She should be reported to CPC as highlighted by a previous poster.

For all your orders, call tesbell cakes on 08037178687 or send a mail.

2 Likes

Re: How My Childs Birthday Was Ruined By D'xplorer Cakes Gbagada by chichi89(f): 3:32pm On Jul 17, 2014
Na wa oh. So one must know how to bake? What if she didnt have time to bake? The way some people talk sef, like say una chop sand sand undecided

10 Likes

Re: How My Childs Birthday Was Ruined By D'xplorer Cakes Gbagada by BluePearls(m): 3:34pm On Jul 17, 2014
cr8v: Moderators don't be too fast to bring somebody's business to ruin. By bringing uninvestigated stuffs like this to the front page. I'm sure u don't know the pains involved in building a business.

Understand that some customers are difficult to deal with and even when u try to apologize they are still ranting. Moreso a staff may just have a bad day, do u expect his/her doing to ruin someones business? Nairaland was down and some data were even lost and nobody crucified Seun, we all showed understanding. Why. Wdnt u reciprocate

Yes I support exposing frauds and those who intimidate. But make your findings. Don't judge. A matter after. Hearing one. Side

I don't know you, but after reading this rubbish you posted here, i felt like slapping you. She has provided the forum with all her evidence and you're still asking her to make her findings. Is it until those poor kids die of food poisoning before you believe her story?
what are you in business for if not for your customers? you build your business from the ground up, all well and good. A customer complains about your service and the best you can offer is insult and threat? what sort of stupid business is that? And you are here saying some staff may have had a bad day? My dear, from the little i learnt in school, even common sense will tell me to put my personal issues aside while attending to a customer, and to be as professional as possible while dealing with sensitive issues. What happened to customers are always right?
I dont want to be rude but your post got me worked up. Please answer me this, why are you in business if not for these so called customers? And never forget a single dissatisfied customer can ruin the so called business you painstakingly built.

17 Likes

Re: How My Childs Birthday Was Ruined By D'xplorer Cakes Gbagada by pickabeau1: 3:37pm On Jul 17, 2014
chiebube: [size=13pt]Try this phone. I got it online. Will keep checking. 0803 300 7771.

Mokola Bus Stop, Block A, Primal Tek Plaza, 63/65 Idimu Rd, Nigeria

It seems like the Lagos office number. Please let us know when the case is resolved and what happened
[/size]
chiebube: [size=13pt]Consumer Protection Council Abuja. Headquarters Plot 1105 Dar-es-Salaam Street Off Aminu Kano Crescent Wuse II, Abuja. Call Centre: 07002255272 Hotlines: 08056002020, 08056003030.

You can ask them for their Lagos office.

I had a case about someone that sold a substandard good. The guy refused to pay back and was very proud. He said I should do my worst. I took the case to CPC and the guy melted. They served a notice without even a police man involved by inviting the guy to their office. It was a lady that served them the notice about 4pm. By 6pm they started calling me to come to their office that they want to settle the case amicably. To cut the long story short, they refunded me my money kia kia and collected their property.
[/size]
Re: How My Childs Birthday Was Ruined By D'xplorer Cakes Gbagada by alphaomega(m): 3:37pm On Jul 17, 2014
chifreke: shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked toooooo bad...God protect our kids.....keep off junks
my piece of cake

[size=16pt]hope ur "piece of cake" aint d'XPLORERS' sha?[/size] grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How My Childs Birthday Was Ruined By D'xplorer Cakes Gbagada by alphaomega(m): 3:40pm On Jul 17, 2014
RoyalRoy: Naija.....can't we ever do anything right? Still threatening a customer after providing a terrible service?

Imagine what would have happened If those poor innocent kids had eaten out of that cake?
Kudos to the vigilant teachers.

Next time u want to order cakes for special event try proven, tested and trusted cake makers..... try Boash Cakes.... they are the best and they deliver any day anytime.
Just search for Taryour on Nairaland to get more details.
https://www.nairaland.com/taryour

She is the C.E.O of Boash Cakes.

[size=16pt]ti t'enikan o ba baje abi?[/size] grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How My Childs Birthday Was Ruined By D'xplorer Cakes Gbagada by s3nn2x(m): 3:41pm On Jul 17, 2014
#following
Re: How My Childs Birthday Was Ruined By D'xplorer Cakes Gbagada by yinkeys(m): 3:41pm On Jul 17, 2014
What's @expert1 & @cr8v saying. Not all Nigerians r that wicked to wanna ruin someone's business. Bad customer service in Nigeria has to be reduced to the barest minimum, if it means taking her business down & using her as scapegoat , so be it. Am really just happy Seun created this site, a site where evn faceless citizens could voice out. Can u imagine that the business owner was threatening/bullying her off. Very unethical, simply because she's connected. We are in a country where some people do as they please & get away with it

4 Likes

Re: How My Childs Birthday Was Ruined By D'xplorer Cakes Gbagada by alphaomega(m): 3:42pm On Jul 17, 2014
chichi89: Na wa oh. So one must know how to bake? What if she didnt have time to bake? The way some people talk sef, like say una chop sand sand undecided

[size=16pt]Abi oh sista chi-chi grin grin grin if everyone bakes on her child's buffday, we no go get bakers again naa...wetin bakers go dey sell?
[/size]

1 Like

Re: How My Childs Birthday Was Ruined By D'xplorer Cakes Gbagada by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jul 17, 2014
Nne at that particular juncture, you had the liberty to smash that cake into her face angry to top it off you could have further smashed the other cakes around on her. Then maybe broken the whole window as someone suggested. Civilisation sometimes is very unfair. We have to bring out the animal in us once in a while. Just to correct fellow animals angry

3 Likes

Re: How My Childs Birthday Was Ruined By D'xplorer Cakes Gbagada by pappilo(m): 3:44pm On Jul 17, 2014
Mannastoress: SEEMS THE LADY HAS BEEN GETTING LOTS ABUSIVE CALLS FROM NAIRALANDERS - grin grin grin grin

I will call her and yab her when I get home. I'll tell her I am calling from the USFDA and that we have received a report about her. Lets hope the obodo oyinbo phone number will make her believe and put the fear of God in her.

3 Likes

Re: How My Childs Birthday Was Ruined By D'xplorer Cakes Gbagada by megabyte2(f): 3:45pm On Jul 17, 2014

must everybody know how to bake, what are you talking about an wi ru on wi ru. You must be good at what you are doing

2 Likes

Re: How My Childs Birthday Was Ruined By D'xplorer Cakes Gbagada by Triczchic(f): 3:46pm On Jul 17, 2014
Im glad people are beginning to realise they have got rights!....It takes a couple of scapegoats to sanitize an industry.

Please update us with this as the day goes. Im very interested in knowing how the Consumer Protection guyz handle it.

4 Likes

Re: How My Childs Birthday Was Ruined By D'xplorer Cakes Gbagada by eximiousnation: 3:48pm On Jul 17, 2014
When so called businesses have no streak of altruism , that's what happens. No regard whatsoever for the customers whether adults or children.

At the EXIMIOUS ACADEMY, your child's development is at the heart of what we do.
Re: How My Childs Birthday Was Ruined By D'xplorer Cakes Gbagada by nkkystel(f): 3:49pm On Jul 17, 2014
Hmmm... D'explorer! I know dem very well but dis is bad o, not even an apology. Nigeria! We have a long way to go in relating with our customers. At least a sorry would have done alot or better replace the cake at most 7k than denting her business name.
So sorry lil boy, more blissful birthdays to come.

4 Likes

Re: How My Childs Birthday Was Ruined By D'xplorer Cakes Gbagada by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jul 17, 2014
i have already mailed her:

ISSUE ON SOLD OUT SPOILED XPLORER CAKE
Me
To enterdxplorer@rocketmail.com
Today at 3:54 PM
This story of xplorer cake selling a birthday cake to her customer has gone viral. I don't want to delve much into this. From what the complaint said, i beg to ask if it is truly what happened? This is really paining me as i write. Did you threaten unleash the commissioner of police on her? I chose to write this because, i know how painful the customer must have felt, and even garnishing the disappointments with insults and threat could be devastating. On the other hand, i know how hard it is to build a business in Nigeria up to the level yours have attained. Please, what happened?

we are in the age of IT, business could crumble and die-off based on stories like these. The way this story is going, it could cause a heavy devastation to your company. try and settle this issue if it is true. Your customers' testimony and satisfaction are what upholds your business and not connection, especially when you are in the confectionery business. i feel for the woman and also feel for the business' existence. Please act with wisdom. It may not be directly your fault, but please try to salvage this issue. Let that woman's grievances be settled. it takes one aggrieved customer to have a very poor goodwill in your business. God bless.

a concerned customer
pappilo:

I will call her and yab her when I get home. I'll tell her I am calling from the USFDA and that we have received a report about her. Lets hope the obodo oyinbo phone number will make her believe and put the fear of God in her.
Re: How My Childs Birthday Was Ruined By D'xplorer Cakes Gbagada by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jul 17, 2014
Reply, Reply All or Forward | More
Me
To enterdxplorer@rocketmail.com
Today at 4:01 PM

On Thursday, July 17, 2014 3:54 PM, mbok effiong <xxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com> wrote:

This story of xplorer cake selling a spoilt birthday cake to her customer has gone viral. I don't want to delve much into this. From what the complaint said, i beg to ask if it is truly what happened? This is really paining me as i write. Did you threaten unleash the commissioner of police on her? I chose to write this because, i know how painful the customer must have felt, and even garnishing the disappointments with insults and threat could be devastating. On the other hand, i know how hard it is to build a business in Nigeria up to the level yours have attained. Please, what happened?

we are in the age of IT, business could crumble and die-off based on stories like these. The way this story is going, it could cause a heavy devastation to your company. try and settle this issue if it is true. Your customers' testimony and satisfaction are what upholds your business and not connection, especially when you are in the confectionery business. i feel for the woman and also feel for the business' existence. Please act with wisdom. It may not be directly your fault, but please try to salvage this issue. Let that woman's grievances be settled. it takes one aggrieved customer to have a very poor goodwill in your business. God bless.

a concerned customer
pappilo:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bread Prices May Go Up, Bakers Blame Forex, Energy Crises / Am Too Skinny, I Need Advice On How To Put On Weight To Be Average / Help!!!recipe For A Hundred Cupcakes (naija Style) Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.