Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,694 members, 7,955,625 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:09 AM

Are Laptops, Ipads Allowed At NYSC Camps? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Are Laptops, Ipads Allowed At NYSC Camps? (2789 Views)

Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? / No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists / The Romantic Proposal At NYSC Camp By Two Lovely People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Laptops, Ipads Allowed At NYSC Camps? by Nobody: 9:24am On Jul 17, 2014
I am a blogger who would be going for the NYSC Batch B 2014 (next month). I had seen some accounts here and elsewhere that certain items are usually seized by the 'NYSC police' at the entrance of the camps because they're not allowed. Could any experienced person tell us what the things not allowed are? Is bringing laptops, iPads, food stuffs of various kinds sanctioned too? I need to be sure because I wouldn't want one school certificate holder spoiling my plans.
Re: Are Laptops, Ipads Allowed At NYSC Camps? by ckhelvin: 9:56am On Jul 17, 2014
Tnks for creating such topic; I'm a prospective corper in search of answers to the question given above form our retrospective corp members.. Buh I believe and think bringing laptop is prohibited buh tablet is allowed buh safety is at it's users discretion ..sure provision like milk,milo and others is allowed buh yhu cannot bring an uncooked rice,beans and whatsoever that needs cooking cos u gona be served each day buh wud advice u bring a lot of money like 10k to enjoy ur stay ..#God bless..#TeamB'14
Re: Are Laptops, Ipads Allowed At NYSC Camps? by donwise1(m): 5:38pm On Jul 17, 2014
@ your own peril
Re: Are Laptops, Ipads Allowed At NYSC Camps? by Ik09: 6:44pm On Jul 17, 2014
You can bring as many electronic gadgets as you want. Those are not contraband.

When I went to camp they confiscated only clippers, cutlery and non-issue NYSC kit at the gate.

I went with an ipod, Kindle and camera. Some people who planned to be in OBS came with laptops. Some others brought saxophones for band.

Obviously anything you go with is at your own risk. If you don't absolutely need it during the three weeks, leave it at home. You can type up your posts on your phone...

No one cares about raw foodstuff, but I don't see why anyone would bring them along: you won't be able to cook. Provisions will come in handy though.
Re: Are Laptops, Ipads Allowed At NYSC Camps? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jul 18, 2014
Do they allow extension box and adaptors?
Re: Are Laptops, Ipads Allowed At NYSC Camps? by Bigdreams(m): 11:16am On Jul 19, 2014
It all depends on what obtains in your camp.

When I was in the Katsina camp, I went in with my tablet.

Cutleries, clippers, extension boxes were major things they seized at the gate but returned at the close of the camp.

Best of luck.

(1) (Reply)

17 Different Kinds Of Corpers You Will Meet In The Nysc Camp. / Help, Please How Much Is Ondo State Allowee? / NYSC 2017 Batch ‘A’ Stream II Mobilization & Camp Date Now Fixed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.