Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,398 members, 7,958,148 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:46 AM

Dealing With Discouragement - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dealing With Discouragement (390 Views)

Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here / Dealing With Misconceptions : Do We Receive Mansions In Heaven? Errmmm / Rccg Open Heavens Devotion Friday 22 February 2013 Say No To Discouragement By (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dealing With Discouragement by yommyuk: 9:31am On Jul 17, 2014
Discouragements can feel like a big weight upon our shoulders. It slows our steps, makes work more difficult, and diminishes our enjoyment of life.
When people regard our best efforts as unsatisfactory, their displeasure often drags us down. Constant criticism from a family member, neighbor, or coworker can affect how we feel about ourselves.

Dissatisfaction with our own performance can also prove discouraging. Perhaps this relates to a personal weakness we can’t overcome or a high personal expectation we have failed to meet. Either reason can cause dejection.

In addition, past disappointments at times cause us to feel little hope about the future. And financial pressures, declining health, and painful relationships can also take an emotional toll on us.

The life of Nehemiah teaches an important lesson about handling discouragement. He was a Hebrew living in Persia and serving as cupbearer to the king. When he received a report about the poor condition of Jerusalem and the plight of the Jewish remnant living there, he was deeply affected. In his dismay over their situation, Nehemiah turned to the Lord in prayer. He knew that only his great God could change the situation. Likewise, when we are discouraged, our first priority should be to cry out to our heavenly Father.

In his prayer, Nehemiah praised God’s awesome character, confessed his sins and the sins of others, recalled divine promises, and presented his petition. Let’s follow Nehemiah’s example and take our disappointments to the Lord in prayer.

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

2 Corinthians 12:9
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

John 16:33
I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”

IT IS WELL. GOD BLESS wink

(1) (Reply)

Help, Lord. / What Is The Problem With The Trouser? / Apostle A.o. Odili

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.