Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,927 members, 7,821,246 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

20 Famous Last Words - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 20 Famous Last Words (1013 Views)

Interesting Last Words / Dying Words Of Famous People: What Would You Prefer To Be Your Last Words? / Last Words Spoken By Famous People At Death, Or Shortly Before (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

20 Famous Last Words by lalaponcus(m): 11:45am On Jul 17, 2014
The deathbed can lead people to speak with great honesty and, in many cases, humor. This is a list of 20 last words by famous people.

1. Pardon me, sir. I did not do it on purpose.

Said by: Queen Marie Antoinette after she accidentally stepped on the foot of her executioner as she went to the guillotine.

2. I can’t sleep

Said by: J. M. Barrie, author of Peter Pan

3. I should never have switched from Scotch to Martinis.

Said by: Humphrey Bogart

4. I am about to — or I am going to — die: either expression is correct.

Said by: Dominique Bouhours, famous French grammarian

5. I live!

Said by: Roman Emperor, as he was being murdered by his own soldiers.

Nap Deathbed

6. Dammit…Don’t you dare ask God to help me.

Said by: Joan Crawford to her housekeeper who began to pray aloud.

7. I am perplexed. Satan Get Out

Said by: Aleister Crowley – famous occultist

8. Now why did I do that?

Said by: General William Erskine, after he jumped from a window in Lisbon, Portugal in 1813.

9. Hey, fellas! How about this for a headline for tomorrow’s paper? ‘French Fries’!

Said by: James French, a convicted murderer, was sentenced to the electric chair. He shouted these words to members of the press who were to witness his execution.

10. Bugger Bognor.

Said by: King George V whose physician had suggested that he relax at his seaside palace in Bognor Regis.

11. It’s stopped.

Said by: Joseph Henry Green, upon checking his own pulse.

12. LSD, 100 micrograms I.M.

Said by: Aldous Huxley (Author) to his wife. She obliged and he was injected twice before his death.

13. You have won, O Galilean

Said by: Emperor Julian, having attempted to reverse the official endorsement of Christianity by the Roman Empire.

14. No, you certainly can’t.

Said by: John F. Kennedy in reply to Nellie Connally, wife of Governor John Connelly, commenting “You certainly can’t say that the people of Dallas haven’t given you a nice welcome, Mr. President.

15. I feel ill. Call the doctors.

Said by: Mao Zedong (Chairman of China)

16. Tomorrow, I shall no longer be here

Said by: Nostradamus

17. Hurry up, you Hoosier bastard, I could kill ten men while you’re fooling around!

Said by: Carl Panzram, serial killer, shortly before he was executed by hanging.

18. Put out the bloody cigarette!!

Said by: Saki, to a fellow officer while in a trench during World War One, for fear the smoke would give away their positions. He was then shot by a German sniper who had heard the remark.

19. Please don’t let me fall.

Said by: Mary Surratt, before being hanged for her part in the conspiracy to assassinate President Lincoln. She was the first woman executed by the United States federal government.

20. Now, now, my good man, this is no time for making enemies.

Said by: Voltaire when asked by a priest to renounce Satan.

1 Like

Re: 20 Famous Last Words by Nobody: 11:51am On Jul 17, 2014
French fries. #classic

1 Like

Re: 20 Famous Last Words by joannes7(m): 1:05pm On Jul 17, 2014
The Alistair crowley quoted that? The guy that quoted In reference to satan "oh ancient one, we are to be one flesh" really said that? Classic.. Things people say when they know its just between them and their eternity. No more groupies to deceive..
@Marie anoinette- what a lady!
@voliatre - lol.. Words can't express.. That's called staying true to self till the end
Re: 20 Famous Last Words by Adeniyi077(m): 4:30pm On Jul 18, 2014
Number 17
Re: 20 Famous Last Words by j2012(m): 5:30am On Jul 19, 2014
Adeniyi077: Number 17

17. Hurry up, you Hoosier bastard, I could kill ten men while you’re fooling around!
Said by: Carl Panzram, serial killer, shortly before he was executed by hanging.

Classic!
Re: 20 Famous Last Words by Pvin: 9:32am On Jul 19, 2014
You forgot to add this:
Jesus Christ- It is finished!

2 Likes

Re: 20 Famous Last Words by timsbee(f): 2:55pm On Jul 19, 2014
Feel free to marry d guy. Said by my father....

1 Like

Re: 20 Famous Last Words by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jul 19, 2014
Interesting......
Re: 20 Famous Last Words by Bilany(f): 10:23pm On Jul 19, 2014
Money can't buy life - Bob Marley

1 Like

Re: 20 Famous Last Words by OmichaelO: 1:05pm On Jul 20, 2014

"Go away! Last words are for fools who haven't said
enough!"

------- Karl max

1 Like

Re: 20 Famous Last Words by Emmyk(m): 4:05pm On Jul 20, 2014
timsbee: Feel free to marry d guy. Said by my father....
Oh ohhh

(1) (Reply)

Nairalanders Share Your Ebola Salt Prank Experiences Here / Heavy Security At Kirikiri Prisons After Attempted Jail Break / Doro Is A Goddess

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.