Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,121 members, 7,957,195 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 08:52 AM

Interesting Last Words - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Interesting Last Words (1044 Views)

20 Famous Last Words / Dying Words Of Famous People: What Would You Prefer To Be Your Last Words? / Last Words Spoken By Famous People At Death, Or Shortly Before (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interesting Last Words by cao(f): 7:22pm On Dec 14, 2014
I've spent too many a time watching QI...I discovered the first three on QI. The rest are from the internet.

"I do not have to forgive my enemies, I have had them all shot." — Ramón Maria Narváez (1800-68), Spanish general and political leader. Said on his deathbed, when asked by a priest if he forgave his enemies.

The last words of General John Sedgwick, who was fighting in the Battle of Spotsylvania during the American Civil War in 1864 were, "Why are you dodging like this? They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist-", and he was shot under the left eye and fell dead before he could finish.

Horatio Nelson's last words were, "Drink, drink, fan, fan, rub, rub." He was asking for his wounds to be alleviated. He was given lemonade, water and wine to drink. He was fanned down to keep cool whilst his chest was massaged.

"Well I'll be damned. This is funny." — Doc Holliday (1851—1887), wild west gunfighter, remarking that no one ever expected him to die in bed.

"I am about to — or I am going to — die: either expression is correct." — Dominique Bouhours, French Grammarian.

"Damn it... Don’t you dare ask God to help me." — Joan Crawford, actress, d. May 10, 1977. To her housekeeper, who had begun to pray aloud.

"I have offended God and mankind because my work did not reach the quality it should have." — Leonardo da Vinci, artist, d. 1519

"Curtain! Fast music! Light! Ready for the last finale! Great! The show looks good, the show looks good!" — Florenz Ziegfeld, showman, d. July 22, 1932

"I knew it. I knew it. Born in a hotel room – and God damn it – died in a hotel room." — Eugene O’Neill, writer, d. November 27, 1953

"I am still alive!" — Gaius Caligula (12-41 AD), Roman Emperor, after being stabbed to death by his own guards.

"Strike man, strike!" — Walter Raleigh (1554—1618), just before being beheaded.

"Has God forgotten everything I've done for him?" — Louis XIV (1638—1715), French king.

"Why are you weeping? Did you imagine that I was immortal?" — Louis XIV (1638—1715), noticing as he lay on his deathbed that his attendants were crying.

"On the contrary!" — Henrik Ibsen (1828—1906), Norwegian dramatist. His nurse had just remarked that he was feeling a little better.

"Don't worry it's not loaded." — Terry Kath (1946-1978), American rock musician, while playing Russian Roulette.

"Go away. I'm all right." — H. G. Wells (1866—1946).

"I'm glad it was me and not you, Mr. President." — Anton Cermak (1873-1933) after being shot in place of Franklin Delano Roosevelt.

"Either that wallpaper goes, or I do." — Oscar Wilde (1854—1900), Irish-born British dramatist. As he lay dying in a drab Paris bedroom.

"Hey guys, watch this!" — Todd Poller (-2001), who tried to swallow a live perch.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interesting Last Words by kilokeys(m): 7:25pm On Dec 14, 2014
touching..
wonder what mine would be?
Re: Interesting Last Words by Beesluv: 8:13pm On Dec 14, 2014
By the grace of God, mine will be Laila illallahu, Muhammad Rosulillah, SAW
Re: Interesting Last Words by prof800(m): 1:25pm On Jan 01, 2015
Oscar Wilde always did have a great sense of humour! smiley
cry cry cry cry

... undecided there is something about that Da Vinci... undecided undecided sad
Re: Interesting Last Words by EmmGee: 11:42pm On Jan 03, 2015
I love this "Why are you weeping? Did you imagine that I was immortal?"
and
"I do not have to forgive my enemies, I have had them all shot."
Re: Interesting Last Words by cao(f): 12:01am On Jan 04, 2015
QI strikes again.

"Am I dying or is this my birthday?" — Lady Nancy Astor (1879-1964), when she woke briefly during her last illness and found all her family around her bedside.
Re: Interesting Last Words by cao(f): 12:05am On Jan 04, 2015
EmmGee:
I love this "Why are you weeping? Did you imagine that I was immortal?"
and
"I do not have to forgive my enemies, I have had them all shot."

This was the main reason why I compiled the list in the first place.

(1) (Reply)

Apologize To Whoever You Have Wronged In 2014 / See The 10 Most Adulterous Countries In The World / 3 Years Old Toddler Dies Of Extreme Cold In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.