Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,371 members, 7,822,749 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

The 14 Year Old Sumo Girl - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / The 14 Year Old Sumo Girl (2312 Views)

Mercy Aigbe’s 14-year-old Daughter, Michelle, Shares Lovely Photo; Fans React / Jim Iyke Tries To Grab Sumo's Balls (Photo) / MEET The 54-year-old Mother Of Four With The 14-inch Long Nails [PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 14 Year Old Sumo Girl by Raymond88(m): 6:20pm On Oct 10, 2008

At the age of 14 and weighing in at 20 stone, Samantha-Jane Stacey is born to be a sumo wrestler.

She will be aiming for sporting glory as the youngest Australian to participate in the world wrestling sumo championships this month in Estonia.

Much focus will be on the championships after the sport, plagued with recent scandals, was hit with yet another controversy as three wrestlers admitted beating up a junior trainee who later died.

The sport has also been hit with drugs and match-fixing scandals recently.

But none of that bothers Samantha-Jane.

Affectionately known as 'Sammy Sumo', she trains on a diet of Weetbix and lasagne.

Samantha-Jane says she is 'really proud to represent' her country but at the moment is more worried about getting through the 32-hour flight.

It is perhaps no surprise that Samantha-Jane was introduced to the sport by brother Blake.

'We watched bouts on video and researched the sport on the internet. You don't have to be big to take part.

'I was training with Blake and his coach saw me and asked if I wanted to take part in a competition. I've really been into it ever since.'

Samantha-Jane says she does not try to put on weight but concentrates on a balanced diet to keep her fit for the fight.

'I'm naturally a big girl. I don't have to eat anything extra.

'I have a medical condition that does not allow me to lose the weight. A side effect of that means I look obese. But I do have a healthy diet.'

Samantha-Jane's favourite food is Weetbix, which she eats with banana and strawberries for breakfast.

She will typically have a chicken sandwich for lunch and a chicken salad for dinner. Her vice is her father Warren's speciality, lasagne.

Samantha-Jane trains every day on the beach.

'We practice our moves and undergo training to learn how to break your fall without hurting yourself,' she said.

Samantha-Jane's father Warren Stacey says his daughter was born for sumo.

'Her uncles were close to seven feet tall and weighed 180 to 200 kilograms, so that sort of thing runs in the family.'

Today the three wrestlers accused of beating up a junior trainee who later died admitted their guilt in court, according to reports.

The death of the trainee in June 2007 sent shockwaves across the country as the boy's father spoke of his son's battered body and prompted the Japanese government to order the tradition-bound game to clean up its act. . .
Re: The 14 Year Old Sumo Girl by nguage(m): 8:07pm On Oct 10, 2008
Raymond88:

A side effect of that means I look obese

No bitch, you are OBESE
Re: The 14 Year Old Sumo Girl by iice(f): 7:30am On Oct 11, 2008
Ahhhh grin grin
Re: The 14 Year Old Sumo Girl by shotster50(m): 9:45pm On Oct 11, 2008
Some one needs to get Fat Busters on her ass.
Re: The 14 Year Old Sumo Girl by spikedcylinder: 12:39pm On Oct 14, 2008
She has a health condition. undecided undecided
Re: The 14 Year Old Sumo Girl by origina9ja(f): 10:14am On Oct 15, 2008
my favourite song cry

lord i thank u
i say thank u
lord i thank u
for me shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: The 14 Year Old Sumo Girl by Nelibel: 7:20am On Oct 18, 2008
that's a smart move babe, and been proud of how you are, making good use of it. sucezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz grin grin grin
Re: The 14 Year Old Sumo Girl by shylladear(f): 3:38pm On Oct 18, 2008
14 yrs ke shocked

(1) (Reply)

Kc Presh Courts 50 Cent / Rihanah And Mum (cute Pix) / Photos: Nicole Coco Flaunts Big Boobs In See Through Dress (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.