Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,275 members, 7,839,371 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

Why Has God Been Keeping Quiet Over My Predicament. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Has God Been Keeping Quiet Over My Predicament. (1508 Views)

What Has God Done For You? / Has GOD Given Humans Freewill Or Predestinated Humans?? / I Slept With My Neighbour's Wife. Has God Forgiven Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Has God Been Keeping Quiet Over My Predicament. by aruzuoke(m): 6:24pm On Oct 10, 2008
Help me brothers somehow my faith in God is waning away. I have searched for job with enough fasting and praying but yet nothing seems to be happening. The most painful part of it is that i am an ex seminarian. Judging from my antecedents while in the seminary i never knew God would just keep quiet over my predicament this long besides i even made second class upper in philosophy and mass communication respectively.
Believe me scouting for job for the past 2 years is not a worthwhile experience.
PLS somebody should help me explain Gods constant love and guidance on a person like me.
Re: Why Has God Been Keeping Quiet Over My Predicament. by davidylan4(m): 6:26pm On Oct 10, 2008
are you qualified for the positions you are applying for?
Re: Why Has God Been Keeping Quiet Over My Predicament. by aruzuoke(m): 6:29pm On Oct 10, 2008
of course yes
Re: Why Has God Been Keeping Quiet Over My Predicament. by davidylan4(m): 6:34pm On Oct 10, 2008
what type of jobs are you looking for with a degree in Mass communications.

Look lets be honest . . . there are no jobs in nigeria, millions of Nigerians however claim to be "fasting and praying" for a job. Does that mean God is "keeping quiet over the predicament" of those millions who wont get jobs that are only available to a few hundred?

will God come down and open industries for you?

We have a false tendency of blaming God for everything on earth, it is not God's fault that industries are shutting down today since there is no power to run them.
Re: Why Has God Been Keeping Quiet Over My Predicament. by janami(f): 6:43pm On Oct 10, 2008
OP
I have learnt in life that sometimes God doesnt work as fast as we want him to, but your faith in Him shouldnt wane. Keep beleiving in Him and take up whateva job comes for now e.g teaching or marketing or smtg. It is a good thing that u are a guy. But believe me, when He finally does it, U wld marvel at His blessings.

Keep trusting in Him.
I have bin doin that ova the past years and even when it looks like nothing is working out for me, i neva lose faith and He always comes through. Never once has he failed.

It is true thatthere are limitd jobs here in naija, but nothing is stopping you from being one of the priviledged few to have one. Dont u know u are born a success?
Re: Why Has God Been Keeping Quiet Over My Predicament. by PastorAIO: 6:47pm On Oct 10, 2008
ARe you listening?  Or are you telling God what to do for you?  Have you thought that maybe God doesn't want you in employment right now, or that he wants you in a different field from the one where you are investing your efforts.  Perhaps you should be fasting and praying that God shows you his will for your life.  Perhaps you should try less to control your life and determine your future and just Go With The Flow.  

Just some suggestions.  Of course I don't really know your situation.
Re: Why Has God Been Keeping Quiet Over My Predicament. by davidylan4(m): 6:50pm On Oct 10, 2008
janami:

don't u know u are born a success?

that is "word of faith" gibberish.

Was Stephen born a success? why did he end up stoned to death?
Wasnt John the Baptist born a success?
What of Paul or Peter or James?

There are millions also claiming to be "born a success" . . . unfortunately there are not a million jobs. What happens to the majority who wont get jobs? They were born failures?

the bible never says you were born a financial success . . . it simply says my God shall supply ALL YOUR NEEDS (not wants) according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

OP, trust God and work hard. There are no two ways about it. If jobs are few make sure to put urself in the bracket of the few who would be more than qualified for your job. Even in the US its getting harder to get a good job with a first degree alone, go out and get more certifications or higher degrees to make you stand out . . . and God will bless the labour of your hands.
Re: Why Has God Been Keeping Quiet Over My Predicament. by pilgrim1(f): 6:54pm On Oct 10, 2008
Hi @aruzuoke,

I know how you feel - it can be very tough if you've been searching for that long.

However, would it help if we suggest a few alternatives? Here:

(a) your environment:
 Globally, unemployment figures are rising; but don't look at the gloomy picture.
 Rather, see if there's something you can do to apply yourself outside your
 immediate job-search environment.
 suggestion: have you tried looking outside Nigeria?
                     have you tried looking at other types of jobs?

(b) your credentials:
 Globally, people are upgrading their qualifications and even migrating to other
 career types; people take a few courses to be relevant to what's in the market
 where they find themselves.
 suggestion: would you consider looking outside the arts (humanities, mass comm.,
 philosophy, etc?) perhaps you may even want to retain these, and only add something
 that would pep up your CV along such lines? could I recommend a few:
                   MIS - Management Information Systems
                   PI systems - Philosphy Information
 The latter (PI) is a very broad field today and many people who know how to market
 their credentials definitely have some openings that they can take on - especially
 when it would help them build a career from scratch.

(c) your attitude:
 I will not promise you anything, but rather be glad to help in any little way I could
 - espcially with feedback and research. However, you've got to be positive in your
 aspirations, no matter how daunting the situation may appear.

(d) your social network
 don't let the grammar dampen your prospects - it's just about getting the right kind
 of friends and connection who can muster around you and offer pointers that may
 prove invaluable to you for the rest of your drive. For starters, I could connect and
 try to point a few issues, news, trends and issues which you may find interesting. .
 and of course, I have you in my prayers.

I have good hopes for you: don't lose your courage - you only need to look beyond where you are, and seeking some pointers here was a good start. God bless you much. wink
Re: Why Has God Been Keeping Quiet Over My Predicament. by pastorjoe1: 7:05pm On Oct 10, 2008
Hi brother,
I want to let you know that you are still in God's agenda. He has not not deleted you from His list. He still has great plans for you and wants to glorify His name in your life. Keep believing, He's up to.
Best time.
Pastor Jonathan
Re: Why Has God Been Keeping Quiet Over My Predicament. by janami(f): 7:16pm On Oct 10, 2008
davidylan*:

that is "word of faith" gibberish.
Everyone has a seed of success in them. It only takes for us to realise our inheritance in Christ Jesus. We are all created in the likeness and image of God. So that is not a faith gibberish, its a biblical belief. Once we become born again we automatically have access to these things, only if we but believe.
"Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteosness and ALL THINGS shall be added unto you"
Stephen, paul, James etc neva lacked for anything as far as they abided with and in Christ. Stephen, being stoned to death becos of his faith has received a better inheritance in heaven
Re: Why Has God Been Keeping Quiet Over My Predicament. by davidylan4(m): 7:30pm On Oct 10, 2008
janami:

Everyone has a seed of success in them. It only takes for us to realise our inheritance in Christ Jesus. We are all created in the likeness and image of God. So that is not a faith gibberish, its a biblical belief.

Mixing a little truth with the untruth does not help us here. Indeed we are created in the likeness and image of God. But where in your bible did you see the above in bold? Did Lazarus the beggar have a seed of failure in him?

It is this kind of gibberish that makes the gullible assume that financial success is a measure of how much faith they have. So the poor are those who have not realised their inheritance in Christ Jesus?

janami:

Once we become born again we automatically have access to these things, only if we but believe.

what things? The apostles were born again yet they suffered want, were shipwrecked for the gospel, were cast out into the wilderness, stoned to death . . . didnt they have access to good homes, high salary paying jobs and golden chariots?

janami:

"Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteosness and ALL THINGS shall be added unto you"

what are these "all things"?
Re: Why Has God Been Keeping Quiet Over My Predicament. by janami(f): 8:35pm On Oct 10, 2008
davidylan,

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
King James version Gen 1:27

God said "Let us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth" (Genesis 1:26). Mankind was made in the image of God. We were made, to a limited extent, to be "like" our Creator—to think, to plan, to rule and to exercise a creative imagination in many different ways.
So anything he touches or puts His mind to is always successful
Note : Success comes in diff ways. not just financial success.
The OP doesnt have to ride a limo to be successful.

"What is man that You are mindful of him, and the son of man that You visit him? For You have made him a little lower than the angels, and You have crowned him with glory and honor. You have made him to have dominion over the works of Your hands; You have put all things under his feet" (Psalm 8:4–6).

All things can be  joy, Peace (these are part of the fruit of the spirit anyway), health, happiness, anything good goes, u name it.

I dnt think u have to read between the lines to figure out these bible verses. If all these isnt inborn success, then i wonder what is.
Re: Why Has God Been Keeping Quiet Over My Predicament. by davidylan4(m): 9:22pm On Oct 10, 2008
janami:

Note : Success comes in diff ways. not just financial success.
The OP doesnt have to ride a limo to be successful.

my sister, i now understand u. Sorry.
Re: Why Has God Been Keeping Quiet Over My Predicament. by nguage(m): 9:25pm On Oct 10, 2008
I will post it again.

What tricks? I'm just stating facts here, are Christians that gullible or am I just hard headed. You really believe a man who created everything, knows everything and is everywhere but the man has never been seen or captured on camera. You also believe this man is divided into three although he still magically manages to be one.

Although I have to say religion has been a tool in the development of the world and a bigger tool in keeping peace in the world, it is still a lie. Come off it and ask yourself questions, religion makes smart people blind.
Re: Why Has God Been Keeping Quiet Over My Predicament. by nguage(m): 9:42pm On Oct 10, 2008
David, someone is playing dirty tricks here. Remember the time you quoted me and asked a question, where is the quote now? Someone is clearly a christian freak here, and is trying to clear all evidence of me questioning Christianity.
Re: Why Has God Been Keeping Quiet Over My Predicament. by AKO1(m): 9:53pm On Oct 10, 2008
n-guage:

David, someone is playing dirty tricks here. Remember the time you quoted me and asked a question, where is the quote now? Someone is clearly a christian freak here, and is trying to clear all evidence of me questioning Christianity.

Wrong, there is a moderator here that is trying to keep the thread from derailing. This thread is not about questioning christianity but about this guy's predicament. Go and start another thread to question christianity or search for such threads and continue.
Re: Why Has God Been Keeping Quiet Over My Predicament. by davidylan4(m): 9:57pm On Oct 10, 2008
n-guage:

A K O is right, there are so many threads here "questioning christianity", you can even start your own.
Allow the thread be.
Re: Why Has God Been Keeping Quiet Over My Predicament. by davidylan4(m): 10:02pm On Oct 10, 2008
n-guage, i have helped you over here - https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-181839.0.html
Re: Why Has God Been Keeping Quiet Over My Predicament. by OBVIOUS(m): 10:12pm On Oct 10, 2008
You have no predicament my friend.

Stop being soo judgemental and start networking. Stop judging non-christians, let god do his job and get out there and meet people.
Re: Why Has God Been Keeping Quiet Over My Predicament. by janami(f): 11:22pm On Oct 10, 2008
davidylan*:

my sister, i now understand u. Sorry.
ok
Re: Why Has God Been Keeping Quiet Over My Predicament. by aruzuoke(m): 10:06am On Oct 13, 2008
You have all rejuvenated me spiritually. I am eternally very grateful to u all. Life is all about challenges and this my present situation is a challenge which i must have to accept in order to overcome it.
Once again i thank u all so much.
Re: Why Has God Been Keeping Quiet Over My Predicament. by huxley(m): 11:42am On Oct 13, 2008
John 14: 13

I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

Looks like you are making the mistake of thinking that whatever may be important to you would seem so in the eyes of god. The fact the he has not answered you wishes so far, suggest that he knows better than to have you have a job.
Re: Why Has God Been Keeping Quiet Over My Predicament. by manmustwac(m): 6:10pm On Oct 13, 2008
aruzuoke:

You have all rejuvenated me spiritually. I am eternally very grateful to u all. Life is all about challenges and this my present situation is a challenge which i must have to accept in order to overcome it.
Once again i thank u all so much.
Please come back here in exactly 3 months time and give us testimony whether u get or u no get job ok grin grin grin
Re: Why Has God Been Keeping Quiet Over My Predicament. by Lady2(f): 7:11pm On Oct 13, 2008
Help me brothers somehow my faith in God is waning away. I have searched for job with enough fasting and praying but yet nothing seems to be happening. The most painful part of it is that i am an ex seminarian. Judging from my antecedents while in the seminary i never knew God would just keep quiet over my predicament this long besides i even made second class upper in philosophy and mass communication respectively.
Believe me scouting for job for the past 2 years is not a worthwhile experience.
please somebody should help me explain Gods constant love and guidance on a person like me.

Hi,

I am praying that you do not loose hope. To me it sounds as if you are telling God what to do instead of listening to what he wants you to do. Take a moment and talk to God. Sit in his presence without distractions and devote your time to listening to him. God speaks to us all the time, but we don't stop to listen. Maybe what you're looking for is not what God wants. You can certainly try your best but leave the rest to God.
I too don't have a job and it is very difficult but a prayer that I remember everyday is the Lord's Prayer, especially the part of "Give us this day our daily bread" sometimes we skim through it and pray it just because Christ spoke it, but we don't stop to think of what it means. I don't have a job, but I have my daily bread everyday and honestly that's all I need, I don't know if tomorrow will come for me.
I am not saying that you shouldn't look for a job, I am saying stop feeling sorry for yourself or stop complaining and thank God for today, while listening to what he has to say for where he wants you to go.

Sometimes what we want is not exactly what God wants for us.

Peace of Christ be with you.
Re: Why Has God Been Keeping Quiet Over My Predicament. by manmustwac(m): 10:03pm On Oct 13, 2008
please somebody should help me explain Gods constant love and guidance on a person like me.
Lets take a logical view at your predicament. You can't find a job and no matter how hard you fast and pray thats not going to solve the problem. And you being an ex seminarian dosen't make any difference. The facts are is the jobs are very scarce in Nigeria, don't u know that for every decent job vacancy there is there are about 100 to 150 applicants all fasting and praying to the same God for the same job like you. So what makes you think that your chances of getting the job are better than them? Its because Nigeria is a very corrupt country. YES! All our religious politicians who are supposed to be helping the masses like you are thieves. Thats the real reason why u can't find a job. Why do you think that everybody would leave the country if they had the oppotunity? Anyway am not trying to dent your faith just letting u know some hard facts. Keep the faith. And come back here in six moths time and let us know whether you got a job yet. ok.
Re: Why Has God Been Keeping Quiet Over My Predicament. by mazaje(m): 10:08am On Oct 14, 2008
The people in Finland do not fast and pray yet jobs are readily available if you are qualified. . . .
Re: Why Has God Been Keeping Quiet Over My Predicament. by JustGood(m): 1:31pm On Oct 14, 2008
People who should be motivational speakers employed in industry are now parading as pastors teaching people motivational theories and mixing them up with the word of God.

The Bible says the Just shall live by faith. Have we considered what that means?
Re: Why Has God Been Keeping Quiet Over My Predicament. by bawomolo(m): 2:15pm On Oct 14, 2008
manmustwac:

Lets take a logical view at your predicament. You can't find a job and no matter how hard you fast and pray thats not going to solve the problem. And you being an ex seminarian dosen't make any difference. The facts are is the jobs are very scarce in Nigeria, don't u know that for every decent job vacancy there is there are about 100 to 150 applicants all fasting and praying to the same God for the same job like you. So what makes you think that your chances of getting the job are better than them? Its because Nigeria is a very corrupt country. YES! All our religious politicians who are supposed to be helping the masses like you are thieves. Thats the real reason why u can't find a job. Why do you think that everybody would leave the country if they had the oppotunity? Anyway am not trying to dent your faith just letting u know some hard facts. Keep the faith. And come back here in six moths time and let us know whether you got a job yet. ok.

hey it's much more important to break the guiness book of records for largest temple and charge excessive amounts in religious universities rather than helping the people wink
Re: Why Has God Been Keeping Quiet Over My Predicament. by pastorjoe1: 5:20pm On Oct 14, 2008
Hi brother,
I want you to know that God is not an author of confusion. And He is not a man so what He has written concerning you must surely come to pass. Just take a time to read Philippians chapter 1vs6. And I want you to remember that God told Abraham to live his father's house to an unknown place and God promises him that he would be the father of many nations when had not gotten any issue. Read Gen. 21vs1-2. Undoubtedly as God will surely visit your predicament before the year runs out. He will never fail you. You are in His master plan.
God bless you real good!
Pastor Jonathan
Re: Why Has God Been Keeping Quiet Over My Predicament. by aruzuoke(m): 1:25pm On Oct 18, 2008
Tanx so much all of u. I like this forum cos it is very encouraging.

(1) (Reply)

Do Nairaland Christians Detest Atheists? / Proof Dat Jesus Christ Is God / Another Loss For Creationism In The American Courts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.