Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,418 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:15 AM

Help With Database Development. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help With Database Development. (834 Views)

PHP Help: Problem With Database Output Display / Database Development Using Access / VBA Programming / [Help Request] Help With Database Connectivity Error (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help With Database Development. by saddik(m): 6:32pm On Oct 10, 2008
Good Day All,

Please i need to develop or actually to propose a Database plan for a housng project, and i need some input from experienced as well as well wishers the tables an dfields to use. Find below a short sumary of he project:

1. We are consultants for a company who intend to build like 200 houses in each state in nigeria for sale to the public as well as for its staffs.
2. The houses are in form of 2/3 bedroom detached and semidetached bungalows.
3. As consultants, we require House developers to register with us to bid for the houses they want to construct. they will bid by submitting their prefereed state of intrest as well as category. i.e. 10- 20 units, 20 - 100, 100 -300, 300 and above.

As of now, i know i would eed a COMPANY TABLE FOR THE BIDDERS, HOUSE TYPES TABLES AS WELL AS CATEGORY TABLE.

Please any help will be appreciated.

Stay blessed.
Re: Help With Database Development. by gidigidi: 4:28pm On Oct 12, 2008
i wont like to help with your course work, you'll at least have to start with your er1 and maybe an enhanced er diagram, i can see 3 entities already, you can then split up the house type and states in your ER2, get your relationships together then 'i'll be willing to help from there, but wont do ur coursework for you if you lknow what i mean
Re: Help With Database Development. by samm(m): 11:56pm On Oct 12, 2008
This is a fairly normalized Database design.  You can build on it; also let me know if I can further help you.

Tables and Datapoints:

Company Table
CompanyID
CompanyName
PrimaryContactFirstName
PrimaryContactLastName
PrimaryContactTitle

Bid Table
BidID
ProjectID
BidDate
CompanyID
HouseTypeID
CategoryID
BidStateofInterest
BidStatus
BidEnteredBy
BidEntered

Project Table
ProjectID
ProjectCode
ProjectDescription

HouseType Table
HouseTypeID
HouseTypeCode
HouseTypeDesc

Category Table
CategoryID
CategoryCode
CategoryDesc

CompanyContact Table
CompanyContactID
AddressID
CompanyID
AddressType
Address
State
City
State
Email
Phone
Fax

(1) (Reply)

Health Proffessionals And Doctors U Can Make Use Of This For Ur Hospitals / . / Software Developers Please Help Me With This Software Costing For A Client.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.