Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

Nigerian Pastors Let my people be free - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerian Pastors Let my people be free (4970 Views)

Photo: What A South African Said About Nigerian Pastors / Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! / Will The Mentally Disadvantaged People Be Judged After Death? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Pastors Let my people be free by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jul 20, 2014
[quote author=paxonel][/quote]

God bless you !
Re: Nigerian Pastors Let my people be free by alexleo(m): 6:51pm On Jul 20, 2014
paxonel:
please stop going to church you Nigerians. church is bad. Jesus didn't ask us to be going to church, there is difference between THE CHURCH and church. THE CHURCH is the body of Christ which is me and you while church is mere building. please stop going to church, you are THE CHURCH already. if you have brain to think you will understand what I'm saying. a word is enough for the wise

Your advice runs contrary to
Hebrews 10:25
25 We should not stop gathering together with other believers, as some of you are doing. Instead, we must continue to encourage each other even more as we see the day of the Lord coming.

The early christians were gathering together in the new testament so there is nothing wrong in it. Just that one must not swallow every church doctrine or every word of the pastor. Anything that runs contrary to the scripture should be rejected.
Re: Nigerian Pastors Let my people be free by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jul 20, 2014
alexleo:
25 We should not stop gathering together with other believers, as some of you are doing. Instead, we must continue to encourage each other even more as we see the day of the Lord coming.

It does not.

If you have 4 or even 2 people meeting in a home and praying to God, this is sufficient. Fellowship does not mean Apostolic Faith, Deeper life , Baptist or even JW, it means Gods people meeting randomly , in no fixed location or home and in no particular order , to pray, share bread and witness.

"For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them." - Matthew 18:20

and

"What then shall we say, brothers and sisters? When you come together, each of you has a hymn, or a word of instruction, a revelation, a tongue or an interpretation. Everything must be done so that the church may be built up" - 1 Corinthians 14:26

It does not say , so that Apostolic Faith may be built up, the emphasis is on the church of God which is made up, not of so called man led churches but made up of families and individuals who have been regenerated into the church of Christ with Jesus as its head.

wink
Re: Nigerian Pastors Let my people be free by paxonel(m): 7:43pm On Jul 20, 2014
alexleo:

The early christians were gathering together in the new testament so there is nothing wrong in it. Just that one must not swallow every church doctrine or every word of the pastor. Anything that runs contrary to the scripture should be rejected.
alexleo:

you are right! heb 10:24 says let us provoke one another unto love so the reason why we should go to church is for pastors to teach us how to love which is the moral value we get from the Bible. If pastors were teaching us love then going to church wouldn't have been bad at all. but unfortunately they have not been teaching nigerians how to love that is why i say stop going to church. no love, no morality inspite all the churches, corruption and poverty is everywhere and pastors don't care. All they want is tithe and offering to buy private jet and build universities that will not profit the poor. God is not happy with Nigerian churches please stop going to church, all of them are guilty

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Pastors Let my people be free by alexleo(m): 8:06pm On Jul 20, 2014
frosbel:

It does not.

If you have 4 or even 2 people meeting in a home and praying to God, this is sufficient. Fellowship does not mean Apostolic Faith, Deeper life , Baptist or even JW, it means Gods people meeting randomly , in no fixed location or home and in no particular order , to pray, share bread and witness.

"For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them." - Matthew 18:20

and

"What then shall we say, brothers and sisters? When you come together, each of you has a hymn, or a word of instruction, a revelation, a tongue or an interpretation. Everything must be done so that the church may be built up" - 1 Corinthians 14:26

It does not say , so that Apostolic Faith may be built up, the emphasis is on the church of God which is made up, not of so called man led churches but made up of families and individuals who have been regenerated into the church of Christ with Jesus as its head.

wink

The essence of church, whether Apostolic Faith or Deeper Life or anyone, is for the assembling of ourselves. I'm not talking about whether it bears a name or whether there are crowd there. The bottom line is that we should not forsake the assembling of ourselves. It doesnt matter where we assemble. I dont see my stand at variance with what you wrote, except you think so.
Re: Nigerian Pastors Let my people be free by alexleo(m): 8:15pm On Jul 20, 2014
paxonel:

you are right! heb 10:24 says let us provoke one another unto love so the reason why we should go to church is for pastors to teach us how to love which is the moral value we get from the Bible. If pastors were teaching us love then going to church wouldn't have been bad at all. but unfortunately they have not been teaching nigerians how to love that is why i say stop going to church. no love, no morality inspite all the churches, corruption and poverty is everywhere and pastors don't care. All they want is tithe and offering to buy private jet and build universities that will not profit the poor. God is not happy with Nigerian churches please stop going to church, all of them are guilty

Sure you are right but it is better for Nigerian Christians to begin to ask questions on questionable attitudes of their pastors and laws of the church. Personally if i see questionable things in the branch where i worship i always meet the pastor to sort it out with him. Sometimes i even raise it up in the church. You don't keep quiet and allow things to spoil. It is better to speak out than to stay out of the assembly of brethren.
Re: Nigerian Pastors Let my people be free by joezakdeen(m): 8:16am On Jul 21, 2014
the first time i saw dis topic, i realy laughed buh cudnt com on platform because i had my practicals to do so i gave it a wiper. Pls all christians shud b prepared of thse pple who wil come confuse nd temper their faith. Unles u wana go contrary to d bible as hypocrite nd a miser who doesnt want to help christianity grow. We r to go outside nd preach the word of God, baptise dem in water. Now wen the repent r we to leave dem?no! We hav to com to a gatherin day by day nd start to teach dem wat the bible says. If they come nd they hav, they giv contribution as ofertory to help in d ministry God to win anoda lost soul. Hw wud christianity grow? Look Acts 2:47 says...Praising God and having favor
with all the people. And the Lord
added to their number day by
day those who were being
saved.

His is how the bible talk about hw the church builds. The bible put pastors as our shepherd to guide us thru the bible. Acts 20:28. Keep watch over yourselves
and all the flock of which the
Holy Spirit has made you
overseers. Be shepherds of
the church of God, which he
bought with his own blood.
Romans 12:5. so it is with Christ's body. We
are many parts of one body,
and we all belong to each
other. The is the nature of a christian church weda smal or big congregation.
Psalm 111:5. Says..Praise the LORD! I will give
thanks to the LORD with my
whole heart, in the company
of the upright, in the
congregation.
Dis is the congregation of God(church). Pls pals unless u neva want to seek the truth frm the bible. Pray to God nd surely, u shal knw rather dan beieng a hypocrite. Find a church and go. Giv wen u hv and make sure u apy ur tithe.it make u hardworkin nd blessed. Unless u r an atheist, wher in d bible does it say we shudnt pay tithe? I wil giv u answer later. Lets com bak to our main topic.
Romans 16:17 says....I urge you, brothers and
sisters, to watch out for those
who cause divisions and put
obstacles in your way that are
contrary to the teaching you
have learned. Keep away from
them. God knows a christian heart and truely luvs it. Pls if u cant read ur bible, leave God and Hid pple alone. Find a church and go so dat u suport wid ur blessing nd strngth God has given u. Tnx

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Pastors Let my people be free by Tgirl4real(f): 10:47am On Jul 21, 2014
joezakdeen: the first time i saw dis topic, i realy laughed buh cudnt com on platform because i had my practicals to do so i gave it a wiper. Pls all christians shud b prepared of thse pple who wil come confuse nd temper their faith. Unles u wana go contrary to d bible as hypocrite nd a miser who doesnt want to help christianity grow. We r to go outside nd preach the word of God, baptise dem in water. Now wen the repent r we to leave dem?no! We hav to com to a gatherin day by day nd start to teach dem wat the bible says. If they come nd they hav, they giv contribution as ofertory to help in d ministry God to win anoda lost soul. Hw wud christianity grow? Look Acts 2:47 says...Praising God and having favor
with all the people. And the Lord
added to their number day by
day those who were being
saved.

His is how the bible talk about hw the church builds. The bible put pastors as our shepherd to guide us thru the bible. Acts 20:28. Keep watch over yourselves
and all the flock of which the
Holy Spirit has made you
overseers. Be shepherds of
the church of God, which he
bought with his own blood.
Romans 12:5. so it is with Christ's body. We
are many parts of one body,
and we all belong to each
other. The is the nature of a christian church weda smal or big congregation.
Psalm 111:5. Says..Praise the LORD! I will give
thanks to the LORD with my
whole heart, in the company
of the upright, in the
congregation.
Dis is the congregation of God(church). Pls pals unless u neva want to seek the truth frm the bible. Pray to God nd surely, u shal knw rather dan beieng a hypocrite. Find a church and go. Giv wen u hv and make sure u apy ur tithe.it make u hardworkin nd blessed. Unless u r an atheist, wher in d bible does it say we shudnt pay tithe? I wil giv u answer later. Lets com bak to our main topic.
Romans 16:17 says....I urge you, brothers and
sisters, to watch out for those
who cause divisions and put
obstacles in your way that are
contrary to the teaching you
have learned. Keep away from
them. God knows a christian heart and truely luvs it. Pls if u cant read ur bible, leave God and Hid pple alone. Find a church and go so dat u suport wid ur blessing nd strngth God has given u. Tnx

Very well said except for the highlighted.
Re: Nigerian Pastors Let my people be free by joezakdeen(m): 11:18am On Jul 21, 2014
Tgirl4real:

Very well said except for the highlighted.
i mean the bible prompts us to pay our tithe dear. Wat else pls?
Re: Nigerian Pastors Let my people be free by Nobody: 11:20am On Jul 21, 2014
joezakdeen: i mean the bible prompts us to pay our tithe dear. Wat else pls?

Nope, this is your own insinuation !
Re: Nigerian Pastors Let my people be free by joezakdeen(m): 11:46am On Jul 21, 2014
frosbel:

Nope, this is your own insinuation !
malachi 3:10...says....Bring the
whole tithe into the
storehouse, that there may be
food in my house. Test me in
this," says the LORD Almighty,
"and see if I will not throw
open the floodgates of heaven
and pour out so much
blessing that there will not be
room enough to store it.
Nd wen tithes are paid
xpecialy to b given to those
who preach nd teach the
word of God.
Nehemiah 12:44 says....On that
day men were
appointed to be in charge of
the storerooms for the
offerings, the first part of the
harvest, and the tithes. They
were responsible to collect
from the fields outside the
towns the portions required
by the Law for the priests and
Levites. For all the people of
Judah took joy in the priests
and Levites and their work.
The tithes given ar not
misused ok because the man
of God is worthy to b taken
care of as 1timothy 3:16-17
says...The elders who direct
the
affairs of the church well are
worthy of double honor,
especially those whose work
is preaching and teaching.
Unles odawise ur church is
fake or u dont go to church, u
cant rebel the payment of
tithe in d bible. They must also
benifit because they realy
suffer during the night nd
pray fr the church.
1corinthians 9:13-14
reads....Don't you realize that
those
who work in the temple get
their meals from the offerings
brought to the temple? And
those who serve at the altar
get a share of the sacrificial
offerings.
Pls som men of God ar gud
enough to share their
payment wid the poor nd
needy. Wat evidence again do
u need to pay ur tithe as a
christian nd b blessed. See..
Malachi 3:8-9. Will a man rob
God? Yet you
rob me. "But you ask, 'How do
we rob you?' "In tithes and
offerings. 9 You are under a
curse--the whole nation of
you--
because you are robbing me.
Pls read the bible nd go to
church nd stop folowing the
tots of som hypocrites. Dis is hw the church shud be. Unless odawise. Dou i dnt suport the works of som fake pastors bcls Christ made us awre of dem.learn!
Re: Nigerian Pastors Let my people be free by Nobody: 11:52am On Jul 21, 2014
joezakdeen: malachi 3:10...says....Bring the
whole tithe into the
and pour out so much
room enough to store it.
Nd wen tithes are paid
who preach nd teach the
word of God.
day men were
the storerooms for the
The tithes given ar not
the
worthy of double honor,
pray fr the church.
those
offerings.
enough to share their
payment wid the poor nd
God? Yet you
you--
tots of som hypocrites. Dis is hw the church shud be. Unless odawise. Dou i dnt suport the works of som fake pastors bcls Christ made us awre of dem.learn!

1. Does God eat Money , tell me when you last sent the whole tithe money to God.
2. Why does the money always go to the preachers
3. Why do preachers always have to promise the sheeple 100 fold during tithe taking sessions, is this not bribery.

Read Acts 3:6 and Matthew 10:9

Ole ! grin
Re: Nigerian Pastors Let my people be free by joezakdeen(m): 12:55pm On Jul 21, 2014
frosbel:

1. Does God eat Money , tell me when you last sent the whole tithe money to God.
2. Why does the money always go to the preachers
3. Why do preachers always have to promise the sheeple 100 fold during tithe taking sessions, is this not bribery.

Ole ! grin
wow! Wat a christian! Hahahaa....i'm shocked! God does not eat moni nd He wil neva do because He has abundant to giv to givers. If u organise evangelism reachout to a cottage as the apostles did wen Jesus left, wil u walk to d vilage if u cant? R they men of God goin to starve to death? If they ar goin wid leaflet wil u borow fr the printing? Pls the tithe is given to be used fr the work of God unless odawise. Nd we r seeking d truth in d bible not about my life buh u u care to knw, i pay my tithe bro nd God is blessing my work. Bsides its not frm the pastors, its frm the bible dat promps every cheerful giver of assured blessings. I jx dont think u shud hv problem wid d men of God oga, attack d bible because i'm realising u dnt wana folow d bible. If not folow wat d bible says nd u wil not find true pastors who deserve their wages guilty. because the bible congratulates dem not u who doesnt want to promote the work of God. Tnx. Ur quotes ar off head bro.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Pastors Let my people be free by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jul 21, 2014
joezakdeen: wow! Wat a christian! Hahahaa....i'm shocked! God does not eat moni nd He wil neva do because He has abundant to giv to givers. If u organise evangelism reachout to a cottage as the apostles did wen Jesus left, wil u walk to d vilage if u cant? R they men of God goin to starve to death? If they ar goin wid leaflet wil u borow fr the printing? Pls the tithe is given to be used fr the work of God unless odawise. Nd we r seeking d truth in d bible not about my life buh u u care to knw, i pay my tithe bro nd God is blessing my work. Bsides its not frm the pastors, its frm the bible dat promps every cheerful giver of assured blessings. I jx dont think u shud hv problem wid d men of God oga, attack d bible because i'm realising u dnt wana folow d bible. If not folow wat d bible says nd u wil not find true pastors who deserve their wages guilty. because the bible congratulates dem not u who doesnt want to promote the work of God. Tnx. Ur quotes ar off head bro.

Re: Nigerian Pastors Let my people be free by joezakdeen(m): 1:11pm On Jul 21, 2014
frosbel:

i said its off head bro.
Re: Nigerian Pastors Let my people be free by joezakdeen(m): 1:27pm On Jul 21, 2014
frosbel:

d fact dat peter said he has no gold to ofer doesnt mean if he had, he wudnt giv. Its even not compulsory if u hv. Bsides dats not tithe acording to d bible, acordin to d txt it was giving to d poor nd needy buh peter rather healed. Tithe is not taken frm unbelievers who do not even knw its esence buh if u r in d family already u hv to suport to facilitate the evangelism of today. Dats y jesus said we shudnt colect frm those we r goin to preach to. Buh after they come nd understand the teaching nd stay, its also fair dat they giv frm their heart to b able to win anoda lost sheep. Pray fr understandin of the bible bro nd learn. wink
frosbel:

d fact dat peter said he has no gold to ofer doesnt mean if he had, he wudnt giv. Its even not compulsory if u hv. Bsides dats not tithe acording to d bible, acordin to d txt it was giving to d poor nd needy buh peter rather healed. Tithe is not taken frm unbelievers who do not even knw its esence buh if u r in d family already u hv to suport to facilitate the evangelism of today. Dats y jesus said we shudnt colect frm those we r goin to preach to. Buh after they come nd understand the teaching nd stay, its also fair dat they giv frm their heart to b able to win anoda lost sheep. Pray fr understandin of the bible bro nd learn. Lolx (sory fr dat bro)

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Pastors Let my people be free by nora544: 1:50pm On Jul 21, 2014
joezakdeen: wow! Wat a christian! Hahahaa....i'm shocked! God does not eat moni nd He wil neva do because He has abundant to giv to givers. If u organise evangelism reachout to a cottage as the apostles did wen Jesus left, wil u walk to d vilage if u cant? R they men of God goin to starve to death? If they ar goin wid leaflet wil u borow fr the printing? Pls the tithe is given to be used fr the work of God unless odawise. Nd we r seeking d truth in d bible not about my life buh u u care to knw, i pay my tithe bro nd God is blessing my work. Bsides its not frm the pastors, its frm the bible dat promps every cheerful giver of assured blessings. I jx dont think u shud hv problem wid d men of God oga, attack d bible because i'm realising u dnt wana folow d bible. If not folow wat d bible says nd u wil not find true pastors who deserve their wages guilty. because the bible congratulates dem not u who doesnt want to promote the work of God. Tnx. Ur quotes ar off head bro.

than tell my why so many pastors in nigeria are so rich that they can have a private jet. sorry I know you are so brainwashed from your so called great man of God.

We will have a churchoffering next week it is called christopurus collection, and you give money for every kilometer you drive with your car and that you thankl God that you have no accident and it is that we help people also in your country with the money we collect in my couintry that they can get a car for their work.
Your pastors only want to build their own empire like Idahosa whos wife is now the head of the church and his son is the head of the university and that shows that all this so called great man of God only want to empty the pockets of their poor followers who didnot have to eat 3 times a day and cannot send their Kids to this private University which are build with their money.

all this rich nigerian Pastors are a disgrace for a real christian.
Re: Nigerian Pastors Let my people be free by joezakdeen(m): 2:19pm On Jul 21, 2014
pls dats falls on d warning Christ gave to christians dat, other wil com to deceive dem nd fr that matter they shud b vigilant. Well noted buh if u think they r not true men of God as the bible say..by their fruits y shall knw dem'' shud dis prevent u frm goin to a church dat hv descent pastors nd uses church moni wel? Shud it prevent u frm goin to church nd payin ur tithe as the bible says? Is dat the only church in nigeria? R u goin astray because of the duins of man? At the end, God wil com nd judge everyone including the pastor nd He alone knws His sheep fr He is the true shepherd dear. We must pay tithe to embark on the work of God nd also posibly a portion to d poor and needy wher necesary.unless odawise, be anxious fr notin pls
Re: Nigerian Pastors Let my people be free by PastorKun(m): 3:05pm On Jul 21, 2014
@joezakdeen
Can you briefly tell us how the bible defines tithe with scriptures to back your definition? Also can you tell us God's purpose for establishing the tithe ordinance, what it was meant for, who the beneficiaries should be and the conditions precedent to be a tithe beneficiary? Kindly back up all your answers with undiluted scripture. Thanx
Re: Nigerian Pastors Let my people be free by alexleo(m): 3:10pm On Jul 21, 2014
joezakdeen: d fact dat peter said he has no gold to ofer doesnt mean if he had, he wudnt giv. Its even not compulsory if u hv. Bsides dats not tithe acording to d bible, acordin to d txt it was giving to d poor nd needy buh peter rather healed. Tithe is not taken frm unbelievers who do not even knw its esence buh if u r in d family already u hv to suport to facilitate the evangelism of today. Dats y jesus said we shudnt colect frm those we r goin to preach to. Buh after they come nd understand the teaching nd stay, its also fair dat they giv frm their heart to b able to win anoda lost sheep. Pray fr understandin of the bible bro nd learn.

Bros I am not against tithe but the way some of these pastors are using church money to enrich themselves is very annoying. How do you justify a pastor who is living in so much luxury while some members of his congregation are living in penury? In that same church there are students who are owing school fees. Yet members of that same church will scream halleluyah that God is blessing their pastor. Are you not bothered about this display of mumurism by this set of naija christians?
Re: Nigerian Pastors Let my people be free by joezakdeen(m): 3:20pm On Jul 21, 2014
PastorKun: @joezakdeen
Can you briefly tell us how the bible defines tithe with scriptures to back your definition? Also can you tell us God's purpose for establishing the tithe ordinance, what it was meant for, who the beneficiaries should be and the conditions precedent to be a tithe beneficiary? Kindly back up all your answers with undiluted scripture. Thanx
malachi 3:10...says....Bring the
whole tithe into the
and pour out so much
room enough to store it.
Nd wen tithes are paid
who preach nd teach the
word of God.
day men were
the storerooms for the
The tithes given ar not
the
worthy of double honor,
pray fr the church.
those
offerings.
enough to share their
payment wid the poor nd
God? Yet you
you--
tots of som hypocrites. Dis is
hw the church shud be.
Unless odawise. Dou i dnt
suport the works of som fake
pastors bcls Christ made us
awre of dem.
Re: Nigerian Pastors Let my people be free by PastorKun(m): 3:34pm On Jul 21, 2014
joezakdeen: malachi 3:10...says....Bring the
whole tithe into the
and pour out so much
room enough to store it.
Nd wen tithes are paid
who preach nd teach the
word of God.
day men were
the storerooms for the
The tithes given ar not
the
worthy of double honor,
pray fr the church.
those
offerings.
enough to share their
payment wid the poor nd
God? Yet you
you--
tots of som hypocrites. Dis is
hw the church shud be.
Unless odawise. Dou i dnt
suport the works of som fake
pastors bcls Christ made us
awre of dem.

I do not consider this as an attempt to answer any of my questions as none of the issues i raised was directly addressed. Kindly read through my questions again and address them point by point backed with scripture. Thanx.
Re: Nigerian Pastors Let my people be free by paxonel(m): 7:09pm On Jul 21, 2014
the point Nigeria christians and their pastors failed to understand in the Bible is there is time for everything. Christianity didn't start in the time of Malachi, infact Malachi is old testament. Christianity started in new testament in the book of act, the day of pentecost, that was the beginning of Christianity which is the kingdom of God on earth. i see no reason why pastors will read Malachi in old testament so that chrstians in new testament (new covenant for that matter ) should pay tithe. don't they know that Malachi was Judaism and not Christianity? Judaism is the religion of the jews, it is another religion not Christianity please. imagine someone will read in Quran how muslims pay tithe and use it to compel Christians to pay tithe does it make a single sense? please we know that old testament and new testament is written in one book called Bible but we should know that they are not the same. old testament and new testament are order from different religion, you have to be wise

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Pastors Let my people be free by Tgirl4real(f): 7:36pm On Jul 21, 2014
joezakdeen: i mean the bible prompts us to pay our tithe dear. Wat else pls?

Tithing isn't a new testament doctrine. There was a reason it was established and that reason is no longer valid now. A lot has been said on it on this forum already.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Pastors Let my people be free by joezakdeen(m): 9:26pm On Jul 21, 2014
Tgirl4real:

Tithing isn't a new testament doctrine. There was a reason it was established and that reason is no longer valid now. A lot has been said on it on this forum already.
did i only quote the old testamen? Is the book of 1corinthians nd 1timothy in the old testamen.certainly not dear! There are other quotes in hebrew which suport payment of tithe. Dont be deceived. I thought u read all what i posted. Tnx
Re: Nigerian Pastors Let my people be free by Oduduwaboy(m): 9:41pm On Jul 21, 2014
Apatheist:
You and PastorAIO are one if the "good" Christians. smiley

This was how I started anyway. Might be different for him.
me also!
Re: Nigerian Pastors Let my people be free by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jul 21, 2014
Oduduwaboy:
me also!
Really? Do you believe in hell? Tithes?
Re: Nigerian Pastors Let my people be free by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jul 21, 2014
1.According to the bible and Paul specifically , if any man does not work he should not eat.

2.According to the Tithing association of casino gamblers , if any man does not tithe he should not eat.

3.According to the Pastors association of Tithe collectors, if any pastor does not work he should eat bountifully a hundred and even thousand fold.

Person type No. 1 is a wise man
Person type 2 is a Mumu
Person type 3 is a crook

Disclaimer : not applicable to those who genuinely think tithing is right , but even so use the monies collected to meet real needs. Also this does not in anyway apply to those who give expecting nothing in return .

angry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Pastors Let my people be free by paxonel(m): 12:26am On Jul 22, 2014
1Tim 3:16 says And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
this do not correlate with the 1tim 3:16 you quoted as the elders who directed the affairs of the church deserve double honour and moreover there is no verse 17
for 1cor 9:13-14
verse 13 says Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar?
let us assume Paul was talking about tithe here even though he didn't specifically mention tithe ,i mean, Paul could mean getting his reward for preaching the gospel by a way of gifts from those he coverted into christianity because we know what tithe is. tithe is not gift,tithe is 10% of your gross income and pastors quoted in the old testament that if you don't pay you have robbed God thereby putting fear to church members to pay
if Paul actually meant tithe in 1cor 9:13 you may be right, christians were asked to pay tithe but again, for what? do we pay tithe because we received the Gospel from pastors or we pay because they are teaching we nigerians moral values of the Bible? you must ask yourself these questions, what is the Gospel? like i said ,Paul converted people of other religions into Christianity which was new at that time so the Gospel simply means a message for non christians (people who do not believe in Jesus ) in. a bid to make them believe into Christianity (in Jesus ) . Jesus is the founder of Christianity. so the Gospel target is to make people change their religion and that is what Paul did when he preach so he deserve the reward, he deserve the tithe.
Now let us look at what our pastors are doing, they are not converting church members into Christianity, church members are already in christianity yet they are collecting tithe from them.. Can't they go and convert Muslims into Christianity and get their reward or tithe from them the way Paul did and leave church members alone? OK, if we are paying this money for moral values we get from pastors the thing is, we are not seeing the moral values we pay for because Nigeria is corrupt. Nigerians don't think at all

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Pastors Let my people be free by nep2ra(m): 12:44pm On Jul 22, 2014
Unfortunately, Nigerian Christians will NEVER be free until we demand a government that is truly alive to its responsibilities as obtained in developed secular nations.

The pseudo-religiosity of Nigerians is due to the harsh economic climate. Poverty and a low standard of living has driven them to seek solace in the 'comforting' doctrine of these rogues. When you find yourself in a situation like ours, it's very easy to believe a Sky-Daddy has the answer to all your problems. You fail to use the intellect 'God' has given you to improve your lot and the lot of your people.

The very day our economy develops and government runs as obtained in First World countries then shall we see who truly serves God.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Pastors Let my people be free by paxonel(m): 6:42pm On Jul 22, 2014
@nep2ra, that's true, you are right

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Has God Done For You? / When Will We Have The First Organised Theist/Atheist physical Debate In Nigeria? / The SOUL That Sinneth It Shall Die

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.