Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,811 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:28 AM

EFF Is 'going To Gaza' - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / EFF Is 'going To Gaza' (843 Views)

Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire / South Africa's President Zuma Accused Of Witchcraft By EFF / BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFF Is 'going To Gaza' by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jul 17, 2014

Cape Town - The Economic Freedom Fighters are going to Palestine, EFF MP Magdalene Moonsamy vowed on Wednesday.

Speaking from the back of a truck outside Parliament's main gates in Cape Town, she told a massed crowd of pro-Palestine demonstrators that her party stood with them.

"We are going to go to Gaza... we pledge solidarity with the people of Gaza," Moonsamy said.

Protest:
Earlier, thousands of chanting demonstrators streamed up Plein Street and gathered outside the parliamentary complex.

The huge crowd, which stretched over several city blocks, held aloft scores of banners and posters, calling for an end to the violence in Palestine's Gaza Strip.

"Israel should be wipe [sic] out of the map" and. "Netanyahu: Hitler's clone" were among the poster messages displayed.

The march comes a day after Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu warned that his country was set to "expand and intensify" its campaign against the Palestinian organisation Hamas.

The Jewish state has been conducting air strikes against the Palestinian territory in retaliation for rockets fired out of Gaza into Israel.

Palestinian officials claim at least 200 people have been killed in the air strikes, including children.

"Free, free Palestine!" the protesters chanted outside the parliamentary complex.

Posters held aloft by the crowd proclaimed: "Israel murders children in Gaza" and "Viva Palestine, Viva Hamas".

A group of men wearing taqiyah skullcaps carried a large Palestinian flag.

Expel Israel's ambassador:
Speaking to the crowd, several of whom were wearing the distinctive EFF red beret, Moonsamy also called on government to expel Israel's ambassador to South Africa, and to withdraw its own ambassador from Israel.

Outside Parliament's main gates, a dozen policemen, some in body armour, stood impassively behind a strand of yellow tape.

Close by, a young Muslim boy, dressed in a long robe with a keffiyeh scarf draped round his neck, held up a hand printed poster calling on South Africa to "boycott apartheid Israel".

Demonstrators packed the intersection of Plein and Roeland streets, and spilled over into the grounds of St Mary's Cathedral, where a life-size statue of Christ on a wooden cross formed a backdrop to a sea of chequered head gear and speakers calling for an end to Zionism.

The march was organised by the Muslim Judicial Council.

A memorandum was later handed over to the chairman of Parliament's international relations portfolio committee, Siphosezwe Masango.

By early afternoon, demonstrators could be seen moving peacefully away in small groups down Plein Street.
Source: News24
Re: EFF Is 'going To Gaza' by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jul 17, 2014
Julius Mampara.
Mxm .
Re: EFF Is 'going To Gaza' by unapologetic: 11:55pm On Jul 17, 2014
Malema people from Limpopo can't seize to amaze me
Re: EFF Is 'going To Gaza' by soilsista(f): 12:30am On Jul 18, 2014
Unapologetic o re batho ba Limpopo ba dirang?

As for the OP, I have no words!!
Re: EFF Is 'going To Gaza' by Nobody: 12:34am On Jul 18, 2014
soilsista:

You support Mampara Malema?
Re: EFF Is 'going To Gaza' by soilsista(f): 12:36am On Jul 18, 2014
Apatheist:
You support Mampara Malema?
Lol HELL NO!!! Why this much interest in SA?
Re: EFF Is 'going To Gaza' by Nobody: 12:38am On Jul 18, 2014
soilsista:
Lol HELL NO!!! Why this much interest in SA?
Residence.
Dual Citizenship.
Re: EFF Is 'going To Gaza' by unapologetic: 6:46am On Jul 18, 2014
soilsista: Unapologetic o re batho ba Limpopo ba dirang?

Hehe am not from southy o..
Re: EFF Is 'going To Gaza' by soilsista(f): 1:33pm On Jul 18, 2014
Apatheist:
Residence.
Dual Citizenship.
Oh? Interesting...

1 Like

Re: EFF Is 'going To Gaza' by soilsista(f): 1:34pm On Jul 18, 2014
unapologetic:

Hehe am not from southy o..
But you have a lot to say about people from Limpopo. Abeg take time oo
Re: EFF Is 'going To Gaza' by unapologetic: 2:16pm On Jul 18, 2014
soilsista:
But you have a lot to say about people from Limpopo. Abeg take time oo

I have a lot of buddy's from limpopo na and we diss limpopo all d time hehe. are u from Limpopo?
Re: EFF Is 'going To Gaza' by soilsista(f): 3:44pm On Jul 18, 2014
unapologetic:
I have a lot of buddy's from limpopo na and we diss limpopo all d time hehe. are u from Limpopo?
No, but I have family there. Mxm those friends of yours neh
Re: EFF Is 'going To Gaza' by unapologetic: 4:30pm On Jul 18, 2014
soilsista:
No, but I have family there. Mxm those friends of yours neh

They are all aviators from limpopo but they don't live there... wat part are u from?
Re: EFF Is 'going To Gaza' by soilsista(f): 4:33pm On Jul 18, 2014
unapologetic:
They are all aviators from limpopo but they don't live there... wat part are u from?
Aviators? I'm from Gauteng
Re: EFF Is 'going To Gaza' by unapologetic: 4:41pm On Jul 18, 2014
soilsista:
Aviators? I'm from Gauteng

Yeahh we flying together... but a few of my buddy's are now doing bush flying in Botswana and mozambique.... what part of Gauteng?
Re: EFF Is 'going To Gaza' by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jul 18, 2014
soilsista:
Oh? Interesting...
smiley
Re: EFF Is 'going To Gaza' by soilsista(f): 8:41pm On Jul 18, 2014
unapologetic:

Yeahh we flying together... but a few of my buddy's are now doing bush flying in Botswana and mozambique.... what part of Gauteng?
Lol oh! Aviators, as in pilots? Ja English neh. I'm in Pretoria
Re: EFF Is 'going To Gaza' by soilsista(f): 8:42pm On Jul 18, 2014
Apatheist: smiley
undecided
Re: EFF Is 'going To Gaza' by paniki(m): 8:57pm On Jul 18, 2014
What happened to the hate?
Re: EFF Is 'going To Gaza' by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 18, 2014
soilsista: undecided
Yini?
Re: EFF Is 'going To Gaza' by soilsista(f): 9:05pm On Jul 18, 2014
Apatheist:
Yini?
Niks
Re: EFF Is 'going To Gaza' by unapologetic: 6:14pm On Jul 19, 2014
soilsista:
Lol oh! Aviators, as in pilots? Ja English neh. I'm in Pretoria

Yes as in Pilots... How's the weather in Thwane?

(1) (Reply)

B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G News!!! / World's First Solar Road Opens / See What Singapore Told Uganda To Do With Their Oil And Agricultural Sector!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.