Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,434 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:33 AM

Silly Beliefs That You Know Of - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Silly Beliefs That You Know Of (3861 Views)

Here Are Some silly Questions People Ask / 10 Funny Answers To Common Nigerian silly Questions / Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Silly Beliefs That You Know Of by joftech(m): 9:13pm On Sep 16, 2005
Originally Titled: What is the Most Stupid Dogma that you know.

For sometime I have always wondered how on earth some people will subject themselves to [silly] beliefs.

Kindly post the most stupid believe you have come across or know about, try to state your reason why you think it's senseless.

These are some of the beliefs; I don't know why we have to do it:

1.) Why do people have to go to mountians (ori oke) to pray.
2.) Why do some pastors tell their church members not to watch TV.
3.) Why do people have to pay tithe to pastors/priests.
Re: Silly Beliefs That You Know Of by WesleyanA(f): 4:49am On Sep 17, 2005
pastors don't tell their church members not to watch tv.
Re: Silly Beliefs That You Know Of by hotangel2(f): 5:19am On Sep 17, 2005
Wesley, Go to deeper life. The "TV" is known as The "devils box".

The most annoying (not exactly stupid) belief i ever heard is that, when you say a baby is "heavy", you should pull the baby's ear. That is just annoyingly Okay.. STUPID!
Re: Silly Beliefs That You Know Of by WesleyanA(f): 5:23am On Sep 17, 2005
when my cousin was born, he didn't cry so the nurse had to spank him. he cried really loud after that. smiley . . . i don't exactly know why babies have to cry when they're born.
Re: Silly Beliefs That You Know Of by hotangel2(f): 5:25am On Sep 17, 2005
That one is logic wesley. A child that doesnt cry is normaly a dummy/dumb/deaf/and all that thingy. You don't know whether blood has blocked in his ear or watnot. The spanking thing is deff okay. My mom(aunt) has spanked so many kids. She came back home crying one day because she beat a baby so hard. She had to, and it made her cry. She said the baby just stood like a stone. And she recalled spanking the baby more than 8 times. Ohh poor baby. He later cried.
Re: Silly Beliefs That You Know Of by layi(m): 11:10am On Sep 17, 2005
HotA is right. I've been present as a paramedic durin a childbirth. The 'redman' didnt cry and was like  lipsrsealed. At first i thot it was a still birth. I was asked to spank him but "i no get liver..i too like pikin". The worst was when a nurse took him and forced a tube down his nostrils. I was like  shocked The baby cried anyway.

I've heard this stupid dogma all my life "When people touche u on your right shoulder..they must touch the left one as well so u don't give birth to 'shoulderless' kids"  sad
Re: Silly Beliefs That You Know Of by obong(m): 4:53pm On Sep 17, 2005
How about those stupid rumors about people losing thoer private parts when someone asked them the time
Re: Silly Beliefs That You Know Of by nike4luv(f): 4:54pm On Sep 17, 2005
o yea i remember that in nigeria..it happened so i heard..awon moko moko..sorry dats wat dey call them lipsrsealed
Re: Silly Beliefs That You Know Of by obong(m): 5:36pm On Sep 17, 2005
it never happened, but everyone went crazy over it
Re: Silly Beliefs That You Know Of by nike4luv(f): 5:37pm On Sep 17, 2005
owel
Re: Silly Beliefs That You Know Of by goodguy(m): 9:16pm On Sep 17, 2005
joftech:

Originally Titled: What is the Most Stupid Dogma that you know.
3.) Why do people have to pay tithe to pastors/priests.

Hey man! Don't commit sins with your mouth ooo!! It was God that commanded it not pastors! All tithes are meant to be paid in the house of God but they are basically meant for the pastor's wellbeing (more like their salaries). Read Malachi chapter 3, especially verse 9 - 12 for better understanding. wink smiley   

Have u guys heard of these:
1. If a pregnant woman sends you on an errand and u refuse to go, you ears will start to pain you the next day.
2. If a woman is sitting down and you walk over her legs, she'll give birth to someone resembling you.

Really silly huh? wink
Re: Silly Beliefs That You Know Of by WesleyanA(f): 11:06pm On Sep 17, 2005
i don't know what she was looking for or what she saw, but this girl i used to know read my palm and said i was going to have twins.
Re: Silly Beliefs That You Know Of by goodguy(m): 11:28pm On Sep 17, 2005
Lool yeah, palms are atimes read to determine whether ur younger one will either be a male or a female. cheesy (I don't know the verisimilitude of this undecided)
Re: Silly Beliefs That You Know Of by WesleyanA(f): 10:14pm On Sep 18, 2005
i just cut my hand. (minor cut) and my mom tells me not to use or see the knife till it heals. so she kept it.
Re: Silly Beliefs That You Know Of by goodguy(m): 10:32pm On Sep 18, 2005
I C smiley
Re: Silly Beliefs That You Know Of by WesleyanA(f): 10:54pm On Sep 18, 2005
yeah i was trying to open up something. sad
Re: Silly Beliefs That You Know Of by goodguy(m): 10:58pm On Sep 18, 2005
what was the something?
Re: Silly Beliefs That You Know Of by WesleyanA(f): 10:59pm On Sep 18, 2005
sausage
Re: Silly Beliefs That You Know Of by joftech(m): 11:00pm On Sep 18, 2005
I wonder why people have to go to church on sundays even when no one know the actuall day that God rested.
Re: Silly Beliefs That You Know Of by goodguy(m): 11:01pm On Sep 18, 2005
do u have pics wesley? i was just wondering how u look rolleyes
Re: Silly Beliefs That You Know Of by goodguy(m): 11:02pm On Sep 18, 2005
God rested on the 7th day. Sunday is the 7th day of the week.
Re: Silly Beliefs That You Know Of by goodguy(m): 11:03pm On Sep 18, 2005
@joftech: From your two posts on this thread, it seems to me that u like opposing stuffs about church and God.

WHY!!!!!!!!! undecided
Re: Silly Beliefs That You Know Of by WesleyanA(f): 11:04pm On Sep 18, 2005
no irrelevant posts.
Re: Silly Beliefs That You Know Of by goodguy(m): 11:06pm On Sep 18, 2005
u mean asking for ur pics is irrelevant? Well, I guess I don't need ur pics anymore. Your words decribe u already. U talk ugly!
Re: Silly Beliefs That You Know Of by nike4luv(f): 11:08pm On Sep 18, 2005
good guy..dont start
Re: Silly Beliefs That You Know Of by WesleyanA(f): 11:10pm On Sep 18, 2005
@badguy i guess i can't help it.   rolleyes

why do people bury their dead with expensive wristwatch and all that. that's waste of money.
Re: Silly Beliefs That You Know Of by joftech(m): 11:17pm On Sep 18, 2005
God rested on the 7th day. Sunday is the 7th day of the week.

How abot if u start counting the start of the week from Wednesday, you won't have sunday as the 7th day of the week.

@joftech: From your two posts on this thread, it seems to me that u like opposing stuffs about church and God.

There's nothing like opposing church and God. What am saying in essence is that no one really know this things. So those telling you that those things are facts may not actually be telling you the truth afterall.
Re: Silly Beliefs That You Know Of by WesleyanA(f): 11:18pm On Sep 18, 2005
^ irrelevant post

why do some people think they come from apes?
Re: Silly Beliefs That You Know Of by goodguy(m): 11:20pm On Sep 18, 2005
@wesley, it's just to show their worth while they were on earth.

@Demmy, thanks for calming me down, i was about to go ballistic!
Re: Silly Beliefs That You Know Of by goodguy(m): 11:21pm On Sep 18, 2005
@wesley, the scientists stipulated that stupid fact.
Re: Silly Beliefs That You Know Of by WesleyanA(f): 11:23pm On Sep 18, 2005
you have 419 posts. i wonder what that makes you (joking)

why do (nigerian) people let families put sand on the dead the way they do
Re: Silly Beliefs That You Know Of by goodguy(m): 11:24pm On Sep 18, 2005
joftech:

How abot if u start counting the start of the week from Wednesday, you won't have sunday as the 7th day of the week.

That's why Monday is the first day of the week worldwide. If it were Tuesday, then we'll all be going to church on Mondays, so far it's the 7th day of the week.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Download Dangote Group Past Questions And Answers For Job Aptitude Test / Guys, Am I A Seer Or Prophet Now? / Dr Samuel Okafor A Liar?!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.