Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,881 members, 7,828,133 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Are Medical Doctors Given Any Preference, As Regards UK Tourist Visa's? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Are Medical Doctors Given Any Preference, As Regards UK Tourist Visa's? (923 Views)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Information On Uk Tourist Visa / Uk Tourist Visa Renewal Procedure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are Medical Doctors Given Any Preference, As Regards UK Tourist Visa's? by esosa4real(m): 7:56am On Jul 18, 2014
Good day wonderful people!
I would appreciate the input of justwise, darkchild and all travel experts on this.
Recently, i was given the impression by some colleagues who work in the business sector that Medical Doctors are no longer given that privilege and special preference as regards uk visa applications.
They claim they "Business men" even stand better chances getting visas due to their High monthly cash inflows and outflows, which of course i know is an important factor, and having researched the uk guidelines thread, i happen to see that a couple of doctors were actually denied on "low financial history" grounds.

I am an intern working in a Federal teaching hospital and was planning to attend a medical conference in Norwich come September. I might not have a robust income but my payslips though not a constant figure, show an average of at least N150,000.
So do i stand a chance of getting a UK visa with that financial history? My current balance is N600,000

Well as regards UK-ties, i have a cousin there but not going to live with her, since am attending a conference
About my Nigerian ties, well i am still working as an intern with an appointment letter showing a 1year contract that would end by October 28 2014.

My travel history is sparse, been to India in 2010 for a medical conference (WHO group). Also been to ghana few months ago while on leave.
So this time am travelling for a 2 day medical conference which i have paid for and have made both Hotel and flight reservations.
Also, already filling my Visa form and have stipulated that i plan to stay in UK for just 7 days because that's the allocated leave of absence i have.
SO my brothers and sisters what are my chances really? Would they consider me as a practicing Medical practitioner? or concentrate more on my financial history? what are the real requirements apart from what i already know?
Well any additional info would be appreciated, and please how do i pay for the visa application after filling the form? secondly, can i book my appointment for VFS-Victoria island today as against next week Wednesday? is it possible? below are the documents i have for now:

-Payslips of past 3months
-letter of current appointment
-letter of introduction
-Proof of Medical License
-flight itinerary
-Medical conference invitation letter
-Receipt of Conference payment
-hotel reservation booking printout
-International passport
-Bank statement of past 6 months

God bless you nairalanders! and MOD pls note, i have seen and read other topics/guidelines...Posting here, because am bothered about this.

(1) (Reply)

Any Nairalander In Mozambique? / Help Answer This About Nipost Regular Mail / Can U Pls Give Price Of Fares Within Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.