Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Step-by-step Guide On Setting Up E-commerce Website Using Wordpress - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Step-by-step Guide On Setting Up E-commerce Website Using Wordpress (15297 Views)

6 Keys to Success in Setting Up Your Small Business / Prospects And Challenges Of Starting Up E-currency Exchange Site. / How I Am Earning $30 Daily Using Paidverts(step By Step Guide) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Step-by-step Guide On Setting Up E-commerce Website Using Wordpress by kingofmoney: 11:54am On Aug 13, 2014
Please I have 2 issues to resolve now in http://fairylandmag.com/. I added ©Copyright fairylandmag.com 2014. Pls how do I centralise it? Secondly I posted something on the homepage about Ogbeni Rauf. I wanted the pic of Ogbeni to show at the left side with the text beside it by the right but it only shows when you click "continue reading" with the text not agreeing to position itself beside by the right rather it went below. Please do I make it happen so that anytime someone opens the site, it will see the pic first?
Thanks
Re: Step-by-step Guide On Setting Up E-commerce Website Using Wordpress by lifestyle1(m): 12:09pm On Aug 13, 2014
genny2kuk:

That should cost N40k.

Here's a sample Wordpress E-commerce website for digital goods

https://www.hundrednaira.com/

If i don't achieve a satisfactory result with what I am doing presently my self, I will outsource the job to you. I can afford 30,000.

Thanks.
Re: Step-by-step Guide On Setting Up E-commerce Website Using Wordpress by Activityj(m): 2:50pm On Aug 13, 2014
Thanks bro, you have impacted on people positively! YOUR REWARD SHALL FLOW LIKE A RIVER.

1 Like

Re: Step-by-step Guide On Setting Up E-commerce Website Using Wordpress by Nobody: 3:21pm On Aug 13, 2014
You are doing an awesome job here man. Kudos!

1 Like

Re: Step-by-step Guide On Setting Up E-commerce Website Using Wordpress by genny2kuk(m): 4:40pm On Aug 13, 2014
kingofmoney: Please I have 2 issues to resolve now in http://fairylandmag.com/. I added ©Copyright fairylandmag.com 2014. Pls how do I centralise it?

This code should do it <div align="center"> <p>©Copyright fairylandmag.com 2014</p></div>

The align="center" will centralize the contents of the container (<div> ).

kingofmoney: Secondly I posted something on the homepage about Ogbeni Rauf. I wanted the pic of Ogbeni to show at the left side with the text beside it by the right but it only shows when you click "continue reading" with the text not agreeing to position itself beside by the right rather it went below. Please do I make it happen so that anytime someone opens the site, it will see the pic first?
Thanks

Wordpress by default does not format the post summary to appear with thumbnail (smaller pic size) positioned to the left. Though some templates come with this feature. Your best bet is to use plugin to achieve it.

There's a particular plugin I used on http://findconsatdealer.com/market-place/ to place thumbnail and texts. The way it is arranged is purely my choice. You can configure the image to the left while placing the text to the right. The name of the plugin is Content View. You can search for it from the Wordpress plugin repository and configure it appropriately.

When installed, click on Add View under Content View Settings, and you add a view that creates a shortcode you can place on any page or post. Under the Display Settings of the View you created, you see Layout Format of an output item, select 2 columns — Show thumbnail on the left/right side of other fields and add other values.

Hope this gives you what you want.
Re: Step-by-step Guide On Setting Up E-commerce Website Using Wordpress by genny2kuk(m): 4:40pm On Aug 13, 2014
lifestyle1:

If i don't achieve a satisfactory result with what I am doing presently my self, I will outsource the job to you. I can afford 30,000.

Thanks.

No probs
Re: Step-by-step Guide On Setting Up E-commerce Website Using Wordpress by genny2kuk(m): 4:42pm On Aug 13, 2014
Tx @Activityj nassyblue
Re: Step-by-step Guide On Setting Up E-commerce Website Using Wordpress by kingofmoney: 1:23pm On Aug 15, 2014
I have downloaded content view and saw the code. Please how do I use it? That is to place in the post and if I want to post new to have the desired result.
Thanks
genny2kuk:

This code should do it <div align="center"> <p>©Copyright fairylandmag.com 2014</p></div>

The align="center" will centralize the contents of the container (<div> ).

Wordpress by default does not format the post summary to appear with thumbnail (smaller pic size) positioned to the left. Though some templates come with this feature. Your best bet is to use plugin to achieve it.

There's a particular plugin I used on http://findconsatdealer.com/market-place/ to place thumbnail and texts. The way it is arranged is purely my choice. You can configure the image to the left while placing the text to the right. The name of the plugin is Content View. You can search for it from the Wordpress plugin repository and configure it appropriately.

When installed, click on Add View under Content View Settings, and you add a view that creates a shortcode you can place on any page or post. Under the Display Settings of the View you created, you see Layout Format of an output item, select 2 columns — Show thumbnail on the left/right side of other fields and add other values.

Hope this gives you what you want.
Re: Step-by-step Guide On Setting Up E-commerce Website Using Wordpress by genny2kuk(m): 3:22pm On Aug 15, 2014
kingofmoney: I have downloaded content view and saw the code. Please how do I use it? That is to place in the post and if I want to post new to have the desired result.
Thanks

Just place the code in the same place where you placed ©Copyright fairylandmag.com 2014, I'm assuming that it accepts HTML code. If it doesn't (though this is not advisable), you can open the Theme Editor under Appearance. This is usually a last resort if all others fail. just be careful so you don't modify anything beyond your copyright text
Re: Step-by-step Guide On Setting Up E-commerce Website Using Wordpress by kingofmoney: 8:53pm On Aug 15, 2014
My lecturer, I didn't get you on this one. I hope this is the code: [pt_view id="e13017645f"] I got it at the top below edit view. Do I put it below "©Copyright fairylandmag.com 2014" or above. Though I have tried both but the post on my home page remained the same. Please help me out.
genny2kuk:

Just place the code in the same place where you placed ©Copyright fairylandmag.com 2014, I'm assuming that it accepts HTML code. If it doesn't (though this is not advisable), you can open the Theme Editor under Appearance. This is usually a last resort if all others fail. just be careful so you don't modify anything beyond your copyright text
Re: Step-by-step Guide On Setting Up E-commerce Website Using Wordpress by kingofmoney: 3:07am On Aug 18, 2014
It's like our lecturer has resigned. I will pack my bag and go home. Remember, half education is dangerous
Thanks lecturer for the ones you did
Re: Step-by-step Guide On Setting Up E-commerce Website Using Wordpress by genny2kuk(m): 7:37am On Aug 18, 2014
kingofmoney: It's like our lecturer has resigned. I will pack my bag and go home. Remember, half education is dangerous
Thanks lecturer for the ones you did

Lol! Sorry, got this project that has being taking up my time.

I'm assuming that [pt_view id="e13017645f"] is the short code generated by Content View. What you need to do is copy it and place it in the page you want the contents to appear.

From what I've seen from your site, you might need to dedicate a particular page for Front Page. Once you create that page, make that page you created the static front page. Then open the page to edit, and paste the short code the same place where you place your contents. when you "update" the page, changes automatically take effect.

The short code is meant to be placed in the text editing section of the page.
Re: Step-by-step Guide On Setting Up E-commerce Website Using Wordpress by etcme(m): 9:16am On Aug 18, 2014
Still following seriously
Re: Step-by-step Guide On Setting Up E-commerce Website Using Wordpress by genny2kuk(m): 4:12pm On Aug 18, 2014
This is an Online Digital Store created same way using the steps outlined here. https://www.hundrednaira.com/.

There are additional plugins installed on the site. These are

- PayPal Currency Converter BASIC for WooCommerce
- PayPal for WooCommerce
- Voguepay WooCommerce Payment Gateway
- WooCommerce
- WooCommerce All Currencies
- WooCommerce Coming Soon
- WooCommerce Custom Payment Gateways
- WooCommerce Direct Checkout
- WooCommerce Nigeria States
- WooCommerce PDF Invoices & Packing Slips
- WooCommerce Product Sort and Display LITE
- WordPress HTTPS
- Zopim Widget
- ZWoom - WooCommerce Product Image Zoom

Some of these plugins you might already be familiar with, but on the whole these can achieve a fully-fledged E-commerce website.

One of the most important lessons I've learned from ICT is that you are only limited by your imagination. So go out there and try it out. You never can tell what you might churn out.
Re: Step-by-step Guide On Setting Up E-commerce Website Using Wordpress by etcme(m): 1:53am On Aug 19, 2014
wow! Thats a nice site........but sir, why is it that options in the navigation are sometimes in a drop down menu form when using wordpress?
Re: Step-by-step Guide On Setting Up E-commerce Website Using Wordpress by genny2kuk(m): 8:46am On Aug 19, 2014
etcme: wow! Thats a nice site........but sir, why is it that options in the navigation are sometimes in a drop down menu form when using wordpress?

Tx. I'm sure anyone following this thread with some doses of imagination can turn out something equally good.

Drop down menu, by default is not enabled. Some things come with this feature, while others don't have it. But that's where the beauty of plugins come into play. With the right plugins, you can achieve virtually any kind of feature for your navigation menu.

Hope this addressed your question?
Re: Step-by-step Guide On Setting Up E-commerce Website Using Wordpress by etcme(m): 9:27am On Aug 19, 2014
genny2kuk:

Tx. I'm sure anyone following this thread with some doses of imagination can turn out something equally good.

Drop down menu, by default is not enabled. Some things come with this feature, while others don't have it. But that's where the beauty of plugins come into play. With the right plugins, you can achieve virtually any kind of feature for your navigation menu.

Hope this addressed your question?
Yes Sir......now I understand. Keep up the good work sir
Re: Step-by-step Guide On Setting Up E-commerce Website Using Wordpress by kingofmoney: 12:17pm On Aug 19, 2014
My lecturer, happy to see u back. Thanks. My template already has a home page. Do I still need to create another front page? When you say paste in the text editor, I hope you mean the "text" near "vitual" by the right when posting. Please talk to me like u are talking to an amateur. Do u mean putting the code anywhere in the content. I have done that yet it doesn't work. Where exactly in the content should I place it. Regards
genny2kuk:

Lol! Sorry, got this project that has being taking up my time.

I'm assuming that [pt_view id="e13017645f"] is the short code generated by Content View. What you need to do is copy it and place it in the page you want the contents to appear.

From what I've seen from your site, you might need to dedicate a particular page for Front Page. Once you create that page, make that page you created the static front page. Then open the page to edit, and paste the short code the same place where you place your contents. when you "update" the page, changes automatically take effect.

The short code is meant to be placed in the text editing section of the page.
Re: Step-by-step Guide On Setting Up E-commerce Website Using Wordpress by genny2kuk(m): 12:55pm On Aug 19, 2014
kingofmoney: My lecturer, happy to see u back. Thanks. My template already has a home page. Do I still need to create another front page? When you say paste in the text editor, I hope you mean the "text" near "vitual" by the right when posting. Please talk to me like u are talking to an amateur. Do u mean putting the code anywhere in the content. I have done that yet it doesn't work. Where exactly in the content should I place it. Regards

Let's assume that you want to create a unique page that will serve as Front Page.

First create the Page under Pages. In the section where you write the contents of the page, that's your text editor. Right there is where you place the code generated from Content View. When you save the page and visit it, the code generates contents based on the configuration you used while setting the View up in Content View.

To make the page you created to remain as the Front Page, from Your Dashboard click on Settings at the bottom left, from the Drop Down options click on Reading. When the Reading option loads, Change the value of Front page display from Your latest posts to A static page (select below) . Once you do that, the Front page: option becomes active and you can select the page you created and save. When you reload, the changes take effect.

Let me know if u still have issues, I'll upload pics later to illustrate.
Re: Step-by-step Guide On Setting Up E-commerce Website Using Wordpress by kingofmoney: 11:32pm On Aug 19, 2014
My lecturer, thanks a lot. I got it. This thing no easy o! Please how do I add the widgets I want in the front page like search box, category, archive etc.? How can I put them wherever I want like left, center or right, up, middle or down? Regards. I wish to graduate from this university with first class.
genny2kuk:

Let's assume that you want to create a unique page that will serve as Front Page.

First create the Page under Pages. In the section where you write the contents of the page, that's your text editor. Right there is where you place the code generated from Content View. When you save the page and visit it, the code generates contents based on the configuration you used while setting the View up in Content View.

To make the page you created to remain as the Front Page, from Your Dashboard click on Settings at the bottom left, from the Drop Down options click on Reading. When the Reading option loads, Change the value of Front page display from Your latest posts to A static page (select below) . Once you do that, the Front page: option becomes active and you can select the page you created and save. When you reload, the changes take effect.

Let me know if u still have issues, I'll upload pics later to illustrate.
Re: Step-by-step Guide On Setting Up E-commerce Website Using Wordpress by genny2kuk(m): 8:55am On Aug 20, 2014
kingofmoney: My lecturer, thanks a lot. I got it. This thing no easy o! Please how do I add the widgets I want in the front page like search box, category, archive etc.? How can I put them wherever I want like left, center or right, up, middle or down? Regards. I wish to graduate from this university with first class.

Lol! I confer you first class for embarking on the project.

Most widgets can only be placed on the sidebars and footer regions on Wordpress. To achieve this, again you need plugins. Plugins with shortcode features.

From your Admin Dashboard, Under Plugins, click on Add New and the Install Plugins page will be loaded. In the Search Plugins bar, write Shortcode and click on Search Plugins. Go through the results for plugins that allows you to paste Searchbox, Category, Archive and other features.

With plguins that support shortcode, you can add any widget to any page or post in Wordpress.
Re: Step-by-step Guide On Setting Up E-commerce Website Using Wordpress by kingofmoney: 10:04pm On Aug 24, 2014
Thanks my lecturer for the honour. Please I want to change the color of two things here: the background of navigation bar, the black color hosting the pages: Home
About Us
Events
Woman’s Angle
Healthy Dose
Style and Beauty
Life and Love
Children’s World
Contact Us and the color of this text: ©Copyright fairylandmag.com 2014-All Rights Reserved. Is it possible? Regards
genny2kuk:

Lol! I confer you first class for embarking on the project.

Most widgets can only be placed on the sidebars and footer regions on Wordpress. To achieve this, again you need plugins. Plugins with shortcode features.

From your Admin Dashboard, Under Plugins, click on Add New and the Install Plugins page will be loaded. In the Search Plugins bar, write Shortcode and click on Search Plugins. Go through the results for plugins that allows you to paste Searchbox, Category, Archive and other features.

With plguins that support shortcode, you can add any widget to any page or post in Wordpress.
Re: Step-by-step Guide On Setting Up E-commerce Website Using Wordpress by genny2kuk(m): 2:16pm On Aug 25, 2014
kingofmoney: Thanks my lecturer for the honour. Please I want to change the color of two things here: the color of this text: ©Copyright fairylandmag.com 2014-All Rights Reserved. Is it possible? Regards

Let me respond to this first, the first will be addressed after I have looked at your site.

To change the colour of the text, you acn replace the code with the following

<p align="center" style="color: red;">©Copyright fairylandmag.com 2014-All Rights Reserved.</p>

Explanations

<p is a tag that indicates that the text is inside a paragraph

align="center" indicates that the text will be centralized

style indicates that you want to customized the contents of the <p> tag

color: red; indicates the color you want the text to appear in red. You can also use the values color: #ff0000; for red.

Which colour would you like to change the text to?
Re: Step-by-step Guide On Setting Up E-commerce Website Using Wordpress by OracleHex(m): 10:58pm On Aug 25, 2014
First i want to appreciate the op for his effort in putting down this tutorial. You too much

I have 2 questions

1 What is the difference between vougepay and interswitch? I mean why would someone spend 150k when there is an alternative 1k for the same service?

2 How do we get a cheap domain and a secured hosting, which company is the best? infact what are the steps involved in donain and hosting for ecommerce?

Thanks in advance
Re: Step-by-step Guide On Setting Up E-commerce Website Using Wordpress by kingofmoney: 12:09am On Aug 26, 2014
You are great my lecturer. Thanks a lot. I wanted white so I wrote white in place of the red and got it. The second one is the background that contains my pages, you can see it is black. I want to change it to red. http://fairylandmag.com/ Regards
genny2kuk:

Let me respond to this first, the first will be addressed after I have looked at your site.

To change the colour of the text, you acn replace the code with the following

<p align="center" style="color: red;">©Copyright fairylandmag.com 2014-All Rights Reserved.</p>

Explanations

<p is a tag that indicates that the text is inside a paragraph

align="center" indicates that the text will be centralized

style indicates that you want to customized the contents of the <p> tag

color: red; indicates the color you want the text to appear in red. You can also use the values color: #ff0000; for red.

Which colour would you like to change the text to?
Re: Step-by-step Guide On Setting Up E-commerce Website Using Wordpress by genny2kuk(m): 3:51pm On Aug 26, 2014
kingofmoney: You are great my lecturer. Thanks a lot. I wanted white so I wrote white in place of the red and got it. The second one is the background that contains my pages, you can see it is black. I want to change it to red. http://fairylandmag.com/ Regards

To change your site's background to left, log in to your Admin Dashboard. Click on Appearance, and from the options shown, click on Background.

The page loads with settings for your background. Under Display Options --> Background Color - click on Select Color and the color picker appears. From the picker, you can select red from the shown colors below, and Save Changes.

You can do this for any color you want. This should change the background color.
Re: Step-by-step Guide On Setting Up E-commerce Website Using Wordpress by joshadesanya: 3:53pm On Aug 26, 2014
Re: Step-by-step Guide On Setting Up E-commerce Website Using Wordpress by OracleHex(m): 9:16pm On Aug 26, 2014
genny2kuk:

To change your site's background to left, log in to your Admin Dashboard. Click

You can do this for any color you want. This should change the background color.

Hello sir, you havent answered my question
Re: Step-by-step Guide On Setting Up E-commerce Website Using Wordpress by genny2kuk(m): 8:26am On Aug 27, 2014
OracleHex:

Hello sir, you havent answered my question

Can u state it more clearly?
Re: Step-by-step Guide On Setting Up E-commerce Website Using Wordpress by Nobody: 8:27am On Aug 27, 2014
Mr lecturer,
what plug-ins are needed in creating freelance site? What are additional things to do apart from those that you've mentioned earlier? Thank you.
Re: Step-by-step Guide On Setting Up E-commerce Website Using Wordpress by OracleHex(m): 9:17am On Aug 27, 2014
genny2kuk:

Can u state it more clearly?
I have 2 questions
1 What is the difference between vougepay and interswitch? I mean why would someone wanna spend 150k when there is an alternative 1k for the same service?

2 How do we get a cheap domain and a secured hosting, which company is the best? infact what are the steps involved in donain and hosting for ecommerce?

Thanks in advance

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rivers Overtakes Lagos As Top Investment Destination / Easiest Way To Send Money From Algeria To Nigeria? / How To Start Your Own Rice Business With 60k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.