Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,963 members, 7,952,886 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:49 AM

Step-by-step Guide On Setting Up E-commerce Website Using Wordpress - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Step-by-step Guide On Setting Up E-commerce Website Using Wordpress (15484 Views)

6 Keys to Success in Setting Up Your Small Business / Prospects And Challenges Of Starting Up E-currency Exchange Site. / How I Am Earning $30 Daily Using Paidverts(step By Step Guide) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Step-by-step Guide On Setting Up E-commerce Website Using Wordpress by kingofmoney: 1:09pm On Aug 27, 2014
My lecturer, I don't think you got me. My background color is purple. What I mean is the horizontal line colored black where these tabs are: Home
About Us
Events
Woman’s Angle
Healthy Dose
Style and Beauty
Life and Love
Children’s World
Contact Us
If change the background color that place remains black- that is the place I want to change to red. Please how do I do it?
genny2kuk:

To change your site's background to left, log in to your Admin Dashboard. Click on Appearance, and from the options shown, click on Background.

The page loads with settings for your background. Under Display Options --> Background Color - click on Select Color and the color picker appears. From the picker, you can select red from the shown colors below, and Save Changes.
You can do this for any color you want. This should change the background color.

Thanks a lot. I can change the background color but what I meant actually is tab color. Anyway I can leave that for now. Another issue is how do I make all other pages work like the home page. I tried putting the code of the content view in the Children's world page I have an article in, instead working with its article, it imported the articles of the homepage and still have the main article below without the content view setting. Regards.
Re: Step-by-step Guide On Setting Up E-commerce Website Using Wordpress by exellent91(m): 12:24am On Sep 04, 2014
How do I add color to letters in wordpress
Re: Step-by-step Guide On Setting Up E-commerce Website Using Wordpress by exellent91(m): 12:15pm On Sep 05, 2014
How to do next page in wordpress
Re: Step-by-step Guide On Setting Up E-commerce Website Using Wordpress by genny2kuk(m): 12:17pm On Sep 06, 2014
OracleHex:
I have 2 questions
1 What is the difference between vougepay and interswitch? I mean why would someone wanna spend 150k when there is an alternative 1k for the same service?

2 How do we get a cheap domain and a secured hosting, which company is the best? infact what are the steps involved in domain and hosting for ecommerce?

Thanks in advance

Interswitch requires 150k for setup, charges about 1.5% per transaction, payments received with interswitch is credited directly into your account. It's being around for quite a while, with support from many Nigerian banks, so people naturally go for it cause they're more assured of the stability of the payment system.

Voguepay requires 1k to setup business account, chargers per transaction is 2%, and payments received with Voguepay gets paid into your Voguepay account and you have to make withdrawals in order to access it. Though voguepay seems to be doing fine, it is still relatively unknown so people will tend to have mixed feelings paying on the platform.

That said, Voguepay is a very good choice when starting out. They offer lots of support for web developers. They have plugin for wordpress, module for drupal, and other CMS.

For hosting, I like namecheap and godaddy. However to make sites set up easier for wordpress installation, I have a hosting platform in the works that should be out before this month runs out.

Please also note that you need secure connection on your site if you want to receive payment online.
Re: Step-by-step Guide On Setting Up E-commerce Website Using Wordpress by OracleHex(m): 1:30pm On Sep 06, 2014
genny2kuk:

Interswitch requires 150k for setup, charges about 1.5% per transaction, payments received with interswitch is credited directly into your account. It's being around for quite a while, with support from many Nigerian banks, so people naturally go for it cause they're more assured of the stability of the payment system.

Voguepay requires 1k to setup business account, chargers per transaction is 2%, and payments received with Voguepay gets paid into your Voguepay account and you have to make withdrawals in order to access it. Though voguepay seems to be doing fine, it is still relatively unknown so people will tend to have mixed feelings paying on the platform.

That said, Voguepay is a very good choice when starting out. They offer lots of support for web developers. They have plugin for wordpress, module for drupal, and other CMS.

For hosting, I like namecheap and godaddy. However to make sites set up easier for wordpress installation, I have a hosting platform in the works that should be out before this month runs out.

Please also note that you need secure connection on your site if you want to receive payment online.
Thanks for the response

pls throw more light on ur hosting platform, is it like i buy domain from namecheap and host it in ur platform, pls explain it for us

Ps: i know i ask too many question, dont be offended o..
Re: Step-by-step Guide On Setting Up E-commerce Website Using Wordpress by genny2kuk(m): 12:10pm On Sep 12, 2014
OracleHex:
Thanks for the response

pls throw more light on ur hosting platform, is it like i buy domain from namecheap and host it in ur platform, pls explain it for us

Ps: i know i ask too many question, dont be offended o..

It depends. If you already have a domain, you just need to point it to my nameservers. The hosting packages are Wordpress managed hosting - I set up a hosting account, with cPanel, and install Wordpress for you.

If you want full installation, we instal the Wordpress and necessary plugins required for the particular kind of site you want. All hosting plans come with free domain registration. Option of SSL also available.
Re: Step-by-step Guide On Setting Up E-commerce Website Using Wordpress by genny2kuk(m): 12:11pm On Sep 12, 2014
exellent91: How do I add color to letters in wordpress

This should do it

<p style="color: red;"> ...contents I want to change to red...</p>
Re: Step-by-step Guide On Setting Up E-commerce Website Using Wordpress by genny2kuk(m): 12:14pm On Sep 12, 2014
exellent91: How to do next page in wordpress

Easiest way is to search for plugin for adding the "Next Page" feature. The plugin repository under "Plugins" - "Add New" is a good place to start.

Sorry for the delay in response, was unceremoniously suspen.ed from making comments
Re: Step-by-step Guide On Setting Up E-commerce Website Using Wordpress by etcme(m): 7:30pm On Sep 12, 2014
pls who has used INSTANT WORDPRESS before as a local server.
@ genny2kuk...pls boss i have been having problem installing xampp on my windows xp system. What could be the problem. And also which web hosting company would you recommend for us which are new to this system. Thanks. Waiting for your reply
Re: Step-by-step Guide On Setting Up E-commerce Website Using Wordpress by OracleHex(m): 9:02pm On Sep 12, 2014
genny2kuk:

It depends. If you already have a domain, you just need to point it to my nameservers. The hosting packages are Wordpress managed hosting - I set up a hosting account, with cPanel, and install Wordpress for you.

If you want full installation, we instal the Wordpress and necessary plugins required for the particular kind of site you want. All hosting plans come with free domain registration. Option of SSL also available.
Ok thanks
Re: Step-by-step Guide On Setting Up E-commerce Website Using Wordpress by genny2kuk(m): 9:09pm On Sep 12, 2014
etcme: pls who has used INSTANT WORDPRESS before as a local server.
@ genny2kuk...pls boss i have been having problem installing xampp on my windows xp system. What could be the problem. And also which web hosting company would you recommend for us which are new to this system. Thanks. Waiting for your reply

Seems the latest version of XAMPP has issues installing on Xp, but works fine on Vista & Windows 7. You can get an earlier version from their site.

I like namecheap and godaddy. For a good host that supports wordpress, just make sure the hosting plan comes cPanel. It has the most popular CMS like Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal, Mambo running on it. Installation is at the click of a button.

The best for those who are new is to go for managed wordpress hosting, where wordpress, and if you want, the plugins installed for you. Like I said earlier, I'm working on such a hosting plan.

If you can clearly state the issues, myself and others might be of help
Re: Step-by-step Guide On Setting Up E-commerce Website Using Wordpress by etcme(m): 9:42pm On Sep 12, 2014
genny2kuk:

Seems the latest version of XAMPP has issues installing on Xp, but works fine on Vista & Windows 7. You can get an earlier version from their site.

I like namecheap and godaddy. For a good host that supports wordpress, just make sure the hosting plan comes cPanel. It has the most popular CMS like Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal, Mambo running on it. Installation is at the click of a button.

The best for those who are new is to go for managed wordpress hosting, where wordpress, and if you want, the plugins installed for you. Like I said earlier, I'm working on such a hosting plan.

If you can clearly state the issues, myself and others might be of help
Yah, i think the latest version doesnt support windows xp. Below is the information i have been getting when ever i try to install it
There has been an error. Php versions 5.5 and later does not support windos xp or windows 2003. You will need to install a different version of xampp that includes version 5.4 or earlier.

As of godaddy, I use them in registering domain names for flipping.
Pls can you explain more on "managed wordpress hosting".
Meanwhile, I am eagerly waiting for your hosting company
Sorry if i ask too many questions. Thanks
Re: Step-by-step Guide On Setting Up E-commerce Website Using Wordpress by nicheroute(m): 7:31am On Sep 13, 2014
I like this training concept. Nice one.
Re: Step-by-step Guide On Setting Up E-commerce Website Using Wordpress by genny2kuk(m): 10:48am On Sep 13, 2014
etcme:
Yah, i think the latest version doesnt support windows xp. Below is the information i have been getting when ever i try to install it

As of godaddy, I use them in registering domain names for flipping.
Pls can you explain more on "managed wordpress hosting".
Meanwhile, I am eagerly waiting for your hosting company
Sorry if i ask too many questions. Thanks

By Managed Wordpress Hosting, I'm talking about a hosting plan which includes Wordpress services. When a person subscribes for the hosting, there are two Wordpress installation packages:

1. Wordpress Hosting - The latest Wordpress is installed, with general purpose plugins for Contact form, mobile phone adaptation plugin, slideshow that can be disabled if you don't want it.

2. Managed Wordpress Hosting - This package is more inclusive and it involves the whole features of Wordpress Hosting, and the full installation of plugins that you need in order to build a particular kind of website or blog. E.g. Ecommerce, News, Magazine, Online CBT, Educational etc. Comes with all year round support for the owner of the site/blog
Re: Step-by-step Guide On Setting Up E-commerce Website Using Wordpress by etcme(m): 11:47am On Sep 13, 2014
genny2kuk:

By Managed Wordpress Hosting, I'm talking about a hosting plan which includes Wordpress services. When a person subscribes for the hosting, there are two Wordpress installation packages:

1. Wordpress Hosting - The latest Wordpress is installed, with general purpose plugins for Contact form, mobile phone adaptation plugin, slideshow that can be disabled if you don't want it.

2. Managed Wordpress Hosting - This package is more inclusive and it involves the whole features of Wordpress Hosting, and the full installation of plugins that you need in order to build a particular kind of website or blog. E.g. Ecommerce, News, Magazine, Online CBT, Educational etc. Comes with all year round support for the owner of the site/blog
Thanks boss. You are the best
Re: Step-by-step Guide On Setting Up E-commerce Website Using Wordpress by biggmusty(m): 3:04pm On Oct 12, 2014
Boss I tried to install d bitnami-wordpres bt its saying "unable to bind to the given port number. Please select another one." Wats d way out
Re: Step-by-step Guide On Setting Up E-commerce Website Using Wordpress by genny2kuk(m): 7:47am On Oct 13, 2014
biggmusty:
Boss I tried to install d bitnami-wordpres bt its saying "unable to bind to the given port number. Please select another one." Wats d way out

Before installing the bitnami wordpress,, you need to have xampp installed first. Xampp is the host and all port numbers are automatically configured when it is installed. After that, you can then proceed to install the bitnami wordpress
Re: Step-by-step Guide On Setting Up E-commerce Website Using Wordpress by linusm: 9:06am On Oct 13, 2014
Please i wanna make a website where i can sell wristwatch with worpress. Please what is the best template to use, the best domain to use and how do i go about it. Thanks
Re: Step-by-step Guide On Setting Up E-commerce Website Using Wordpress by biggmusty(m): 9:09am On Oct 13, 2014
genny2kuk:

Before installing the bitnami wordpress,, you need to have xampp installed first. Xampp is the host and all port numbers are automatically configured when it is installed. After that, you can then proceed to install the bitnami wordpress
I've done all dat without a problem, d problem am aving is d bitmani wordpress it wrote apache port 80 bt wen I click next it will give me d error msg dat d port is been used den I changed d port numba 2 8080 nd it accept it nd request for SSL port which wrote 443 afta pressing next d error msg cums again *Edited* got it nw.. Tnx for ur time
Re: Step-by-step Guide On Setting Up E-commerce Website Using Wordpress by biggmusty(m): 6:00pm On Oct 19, 2014
Genny2kuk wia u dey na
Re: Step-by-step Guide On Setting Up E-commerce Website Using Wordpress by genny2kuk(m): 2:31pm On Oct 20, 2014
biggmusty:
Genny2kuk wia u dey na

Being quite busy on some projects. Sorry for the long silence.

I've done all dat without a problem, d problem am aving is d bitmani wordpress it wrote apache port 80 bt wen I click next it will give me d error msg dat d port is been used den I changed d port numba 2 8080 nd it accept it nd request for SSL port which wrote 443 afta pressing next d error msg cums again *Edited* got it nw.. Tnx for ur time

Wordpress has plugins that can be installed to help sort out SSL issues. They provide easy interfaces to help configure the port. Don't have any particular one in mind now, but a search for "SSL" in the Wordpress plugin repository would provide great results.

If it doesn't help, put up images of the issues with your Wordpress Bitnami and we can work it out together.
Re: Step-by-step Guide On Setting Up E-commerce Website Using Wordpress by Booty4me: 4:16pm On Oct 20, 2014
linusm:
Please i wanna make a website where i can sell wristwatch with worpress. Please what is the best template to use, the best domain to use and how do i go about it. Thanks
Re: Step-by-step Guide On Setting Up E-commerce Website Using Wordpress by genny2kuk(m): 4:59pm On Oct 21, 2014
Booty4me:

For template to use, it's a function of how u want your site to look and feel like. Don't have any particular template to recommend as I use them based on the need. Most templates (usually called themes in Wordpress) work with any plugin, so you don't have compatibility issues.

For domain, I mentioned Namecheap and Godaddy, i use both and their quite good. Why I particularly love Namecheap is that you can resolve almost any issues while chatting with their customer care. They have live chat on their website, and this has really helped. Especially when you have to set up SSL. First time I did it, they had to literally walk me through all the steps and I was up and running in less than an hour.
Re: Step-by-step Guide On Setting Up E-commerce Website Using Wordpress by etcme(m): 12:49pm On Oct 29, 2014
genny2kuk:

For template to use, it's a function of how u want your site to look and feel like. Don't have any particular template to recommend as I use them based on the need. Most templates (usually called themes in Wordpress) work with any plugin, so you don't have compatibility issues.

For domain, I mentioned Namecheap and Godaddy, i use both and their quite good. Why I particularly love Namecheap is that you can resolve almost any issues while chatting with their customer care. They have live chat on their website, and this has really helped. Especially when you have to set up SSL. First time I did it, they had to literally walk me through all the steps and I was up and running in less than an hour.

My boss........as of Themes, how do you get your premium themes if you buy, which payment option do you use. Also, do you design online or offline and later upload to live server.
Re: Step-by-step Guide On Setting Up E-commerce Website Using Wordpress by genny2kuk(m): 3:31pm On Oct 29, 2014
etcme:

My boss........as of Themes, how do you get your premium themes if you buy, which payment option do you use. Also, do you design online or offline and later upload to live server.

For some premium themes, you can pay for either with mastercard, paypal, or electronic transfer. After which a link will be sent to you to download. For others, the theme is downloaded free but with limited functionality, but require a code or password to unlock. It all depends on how the designer intends to distribute his/her theme.

Like Genesis themes, you can buy a fully designed theme, or purchase the framework and customize your own theme on top of it
Re: Step-by-step Guide On Setting Up E-commerce Website Using Wordpress by etcme(m): 4:10pm On Oct 29, 2014
genny2kuk:

For some premium themes, you can pay for either with mastercard, paypal, or electronic transfer. After which a link will be sent to you to download. For others, the theme is downloaded free but with limited functionality, but require a code or password to unlock. It all depends on how the designer intends to distribute his/her theme.

Like Genesis themes, you can buy a fully designed theme, or purchase the framework and customize your own theme on top of it
Thanks boss for your timely response.
God bless our efforts!
Re: Step-by-step Guide On Setting Up E-commerce Website Using Wordpress by genny2kuk(m): 4:29pm On Oct 29, 2014
etcme:

Thanks boss for your timely response.
God bless our efforts!

U're welcome. Would like to see ur site when completed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fire At Part Of Lagos Computer Village / Shocking! Dangote Is The Richest African: Latest Forbes List 2011 / Fuel Imports Increase By 78 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.