Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,463 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

Choose The Best!!! : As Eagle Shot Wins International Drone Photography Awards - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Choose The Best!!! : As Eagle Shot Wins International Drone Photography Awards (1601 Views)

Anambra Teenager Designed And Built This Drone (Video) / Drone Made In Mbaise IMO State: Picture / Quadcopter Drone Spotted On Third Mainland Bridge In Lagos! (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Choose The Best!!! : As Eagle Shot Wins International Drone Photography Awards by baseg25(m): 5:15pm On Jul 18, 2014
Eagle shot wins First international drone photography awards

The winners of the first international drone photography contest, organized by social network Dronestagram, have been revealed!, which was
Launched May 15 in a partnership with National Geographic, it is a successful first edition with over 1500 photos published and a global participation. Winning authors come from Indonesia, Singapore, Mexico, Bulgaria and France.
According to the members of the jury composed by Dronestagram and National Geographic France team,“picking winners was a very difficult task especially because of the great quality of the photos that have been submitted. We tried to reward the photos that show the best the fantastic potential offered by drones in terms of image.
The “most amazing aerial view” price was won by an Indonesian drone pilot who managed the feat of shooting an eagle in flight. Very pleased to have won the first prize, the author told us the story of this great performance :

“The photo was taken on 2012, we were working on aerial photos for eco-tourism spot at Bali Barat National Park (west Bali, Indonesia) . We were taking vertical aerial photos using autopilot. Suddenly the eagle came and chasing our drones, so I decided to take over and switch to manual control. After few minutes we discovered that the eagle did not attack the drone but chasing and playing with it. So we decided to do manual fliying (with fpv) and make the eagle chase the drone and do maneuver so the eagle positioned just in front our camera. So it just a huge luck and a perfect moment combination.”

This staggering shot – the winner of the competition – was taken over Bali Barat National Park in Indonesia

The arrival of cheap drone technology – and small, light high-quality cameras – has given rise to a new genre of beautiful aerial photography and film-making.
A new competition, sponsored by National Geographic, has highlighted some stunning examples of drone photographs taken in the past year.
The winner of the competition was a stunning view of an eagle soaring high above a national park in Indonesia.
Below are the other winners, as selected by a panel of judges.
More photographs can be seen on Dronestagram, a site dedicated to the images taken in mid-air.
2nd place:

“I was flying in the park one Sunday morning when suddenly people had become really interested with my drone,” says the photographer of this shot which was taken in Manila
3rd place:

The sun setting over the picturesque town of Annecy, south-eastern France
Awards of the most liked photos..
As well as the judges’ prizes, awards were also given out for the most popular photographs among visitors to Dronestagram.
1st place:

The Tamul waterfall in Mexico is famous for not only being enormous – 105m (344 ft) tall – but also for the beautiful crystal-clear water found below it.
2nd place:

South-eastern France again proving to be a popular location for drone photography – this is a shot of the Paroisse Catholique Saint Nazaire, in the small town of Sanary-sur-Mer
3rd place:

A firework display to celebrate the 100-year anniversary of two of Bulgaria’s biggest football teams.

source: http://techcribng.com/647/

So my fellow nairalander do u agree with these awards , because i know we have some creative photographers , graphic designers and creative people in the house so feel free to vote your best photo by dropping your comment below..

Note: the photo names are bolded
Let the voting start!!!!
Re: Choose The Best!!! : As Eagle Shot Wins International Drone Photography Awards by cirmuell(m): 5:23pm On Jul 18, 2014
Okay.
Re: Choose The Best!!! : As Eagle Shot Wins International Drone Photography Awards by eyeview: 5:23pm On Jul 18, 2014
Anyone whose drone flew over Zambisa forest and captured pictures of the missing girls would have simply won without stress.

1 Like

Re: Choose The Best!!! : As Eagle Shot Wins International Drone Photography Awards by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jul 18, 2014
okay
Re: Choose The Best!!! : As Eagle Shot Wins International Drone Photography Awards by dljbd1(m): 5:40pm On Jul 18, 2014
where can I download the larger size of these pictures.
I want to change my system's background cool
Re: Choose The Best!!! : As Eagle Shot Wins International Drone Photography Awards by baseg25(m): 5:48pm On Jul 18, 2014
dljbd1: where can I download the larger size of these pictures.
http://techcribng.com/647/
Re: Choose The Best!!! : As Eagle Shot Wins International Drone Photography Awards by baseg25(m): 5:50pm On Jul 18, 2014
dljbd1: where can I download the larger size of these pictures.
vote your best photo
Re: Choose The Best!!! : As Eagle Shot Wins International Drone Photography Awards by baseg25(m): 6:04pm On Jul 18, 2014
Vote the best!
Re: Choose The Best!!! : As Eagle Shot Wins International Drone Photography Awards by segtak25: 11:27pm On Jul 18, 2014
baseg25: Vote the best!
the tarmur waterfall
Re: Choose The Best!!! : As Eagle Shot Wins International Drone Photography Awards by baseg25(m): 8:28am On Jul 19, 2014
segtak25: the tarmur waterfall
hmm.. NICE

(1) (Reply)

Get Professional Training In All Accounting Packages @ Affordable Price / Fish That Looks Like A Human Being Goes Viral / Learn How To Find Facebook Friends Hidden Email Address

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.