Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,706 members, 7,809,686 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:05 PM

Lagos State Opens New Cardiac & Renal Centre (CRC) Gbagada Lagos. PICS. - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lagos State Opens New Cardiac & Renal Centre (CRC) Gbagada Lagos. PICS. (30880 Views)

Lagos Cardiac Renal Facilities Pack Up(pic) / Lagos Opens Ultra Modern Cardiac And Renal Centre / Africa’s 1st Cardiac, Renal Centre Takesoff In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State Opens New Cardiac & Renal Centre (CRC) Gbagada Lagos. PICS. by dartsidius7(m): 9:42am On Jul 19, 2014
Lovely, atleast now folks can save their travel ticket fare and make better use of it.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Opens New Cardiac & Renal Centre (CRC) Gbagada Lagos. PICS. by AjanleKoko: 10:05am On Jul 19, 2014
Very very impressive. wink

Three thumbs up to Fash and the team. Lagos leads the way.
Re: Lagos State Opens New Cardiac & Renal Centre (CRC) Gbagada Lagos. PICS. by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jul 19, 2014
Wow

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Opens New Cardiac & Renal Centre (CRC) Gbagada Lagos. PICS. by noblejames: 1:13pm On Jul 19, 2014
Is not making the facilities available is the main problem but maintaining them.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Opens New Cardiac & Renal Centre (CRC) Gbagada Lagos. PICS. by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jul 19, 2014
wonderful

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Opens New Cardiac & Renal Centre (CRC) Gbagada Lagos. PICS. by banku: 2:37pm On Jul 19, 2014
The fact is we are always impressed by grand buildings and foreign contracts where we can be easily stolen blind. All the money needed for medical treatment and prevention of diseases for majority of the people are spent by a few on tertiary treatment abroad or equipment that will never be maintained at home. Even ordinary cleaners to maintained the place will be inadequate. That is why all these grand buildings and equipment fall into disrepute.

As far back as the 80s, health clinics, health centers, primary care centers and comprehensive health centers linked to Teaching Hospitals were established. Community health officers, nurses and aides were trained in School of Health Technology in each state. The results? No follow up, no continued policies and no indigenous training of children of native doctors and recruitment into school of health technologies.

Most of these doctors do not even know, understand or trained for local parasites or other local diseases. Can you imagine a Chinese doctor that does not know acupuncture?

These equipments are not the first in Nigeria. Repeat first. All the Teaching hospitals equipped their top floors better than this piece of edifice, as "ten" stars hotels. Vagabonds refused to patronize them since they have to deposit loot abroad or die in the best hospitals for show in their obituaries.

Hold Fashola accountable for grand structures to impress and loot. That is what civilize people do. Accountability comes first.

As for those asking others to go back to their states, if you are real Lagosians, ask your parents what Lagosians enjoyed when we were Lagosians. Not these cement buildings that captivate your appetites.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Opens New Cardiac & Renal Centre (CRC) Gbagada Lagos. PICS. by EkoIle1: 2:38pm On Jul 19, 2014
jumpmasta: . This

EkoIle1:

Oponu village phensic and panadol kiosk attendant, the beating I gave you is still paining you?

Kindly drawn inside the nearest shalanga and save humanity the headache, the world is saturated with more than enough worthless piece of shittt like you..
Re: Lagos State Opens New Cardiac & Renal Centre (CRC) Gbagada Lagos. PICS. by EkoIle1: 3:15pm On Jul 19, 2014
banku: The fact is we are always impressed by grand buildings and foreign contracts where we can be easily stolen blind. All the money needed for medical treatment and prevention of diseases for majority of the people are spent by a few on tertiary treatment abroad or equipment that will never be maintained at home. Even ordinary cleaners to maintained the place will be inadequate. That is why all these grand buildings and equipment fall into disrepute.

As far back as the 80s, health clinics, health centers, primary care centers and comprehensive health centers linked to Teaching Hospitals were established. Community health officers, nurses and aides were trained in School of Health Technology in each state. The results? No follow up, no continued policies and no indigenous training of children of native doctors and recruitment into school of health technologies.

Most of these doctors do not even know, understand or trained for local parasites or other local diseases. Can you imagine a Chinese doctor that does not know acupuncture?

These equipments are not the first in Nigeria. Repeat first. All the Teaching hospitals equipped their top floors better than this piece of edifice, as "ten" stars hotels. Vagabonds refused to patronize them since they have to deposit loot abroad or die in the best hospitals for show in their obituaries.

Hold Fashola accountable for grand structures to impress and loot. That is what civilize people do. Accountability comes first.

As for those asking others to go back to their states, if you are real Lagosians, ask your parents what Lagosians enjoyed when we were Lagosians. Not these cement buildings that captivate your appetites.

To start with, Nigerians die everyday because of kidney and heart disease while many many more Nigerians spend billions every year going to places like India including the Lagos state government paying for and sending 300 Nigerians abroad for medical treatment and even saving the lives of many Nigerians from others where their own governors refused to save their lives or lift a finger.

The governor then said promised to establish such facilities here in Nigeria to curb medical tourism and capital flight to other countries meaning no more spending billions sending 300 people abroad for treat and and local and easy access to the same life saving facilities here in Nigeria.

This is what he promised and this is what he delivered

When you talk about stealing our money and accountability, why not ask the hundreds of people that benefited from the state's efforts and interventions?

Fashola paid N4.5 million to have Ngozi Nwosu’s sent to the United Kingdom for kidney operation so why not ask her for accountability?

8000 Lagosians have benefitted from the Lagos State Government Limb Deformity Corrective Surgery Programme so why not ask them for accountability?

beneficiaries of the Lagos State Goitre Control Programme during the Surgical Intervention at the Theatre Units of the Critical Care Unit (CCU) and Lagos State Emergency Management Service (LASEMS), Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH), Ikeja, Lagos

Ask the Lagsians in the picture getting a helping hand for accountability.

This is what we elect leaders to do, not sit on their hands and do nothing. We elect them to save lives and develop needed infrastructures to do just that.

But if accountability is more important to you, why not approach the necessary entities for help? Is NL ministry for health? Is NL the state government or Fashola's office? Is NL EFCC?

It's only in Nigeria doing something means you are stealing, corrupt and must account while doing nothing means you are not accountable and off the hook for doing nothing.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Opens New Cardiac & Renal Centre (CRC) Gbagada Lagos. PICS. by EkoIle1: 3:26pm On Jul 19, 2014

What's this meaning of this rubbish anyway?

You mean we should hold him accountable every time he commissions roads, bridges, hospitals, schools, power plants or basically for doing what we put him in office to do?

You people have been so bastardized with incompetence that competency now looks like a crime...

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Opens New Cardiac & Renal Centre (CRC) Gbagada Lagos. PICS. by anonimi: 3:34pm On Jul 19, 2014
banku: The fact is we are always impressed by grand buildings and foreign contracts where we can be easily stolen blind. All the money needed for medical treatment and prevention of diseases for majority of the people are spent by a few on tertiary treatment abroad or equipment that will never be maintained at home. Even ordinary cleaners to maintained the place will be inadequate. That is why all these grand buildings and equipment fall into disrepute.

Thanks for your comprehensive take on this PROPAGANDA piece.
May there be more of you so we can finally have the developed society we all desire [size=13pt]instead of running to places where we are hardly welcome BUT their people are NOT individually better than us.[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State Opens New Cardiac & Renal Centre (CRC) Gbagada Lagos. PICS. by banku: 3:53pm On Jul 19, 2014
One situation I would not have placed myself is where I engage you in an argument, since I know you are a PRO but more important, I will reply you because you have been cordial here.

Accountability is not a bad word, it must be there upfront and justified, not only by freedom of information act from Ministry of Health. It is the basis of "democracy" or better still Oyo cabinet system, oldest in the world.

I love Fashola and his programs up to a point. I thought he was going to be himself after his four years because of circumstances beyond his control. However, he has thrown the towel - if you cannot beat them join them. I must say that in his defense, he tried to revolt.

Look, until recently because of abuse, generosity was what we do in Lagos, hospitality is our pride. We grew up with - if a stranger entered Lagos in the morning, before night falls, he would be clothed, fed and given a place to sleep.

Asking those that have benefited is not the answer to my concern. A beggar has no choice until recently when they started rejecting money and even pelt coins on you some years ago. So why measure your success by proportional few that have benefited from programs that could have benefited many more?

The Nigerian disease is not of Fashola's making. It is how we foolishly measure success. But Fashola was brought differently in Lagos and enjoyed the best training a father could give.

Ekoile1, the problem is not structures and equipments, others have given you example of the luxury buses turned into apere. Maintenance and continuation of policies by better and more informed generation is our problem. Lagosians pride themselves as the best. Fashola is no different from others.

Whatever, Fashola is doing now, he himself knows he could go further, much further and better. But outrageous foreign contracts, 2 or 3 billions on one kilometer of roads and bridges so that Tinubu can get his cut will not allow him.

Defend him as much as you want, I do not know how old you are and which Lagos you met, but as a Lagosian, you know better.

EkoIle1:
To start with, Nigerians die everyday because of kidney and heart disease while many many more Nigerians spend billions every year going to places like India including the Lagos state government paying for and sending 300 Nigerians abroad for medical treatment and even saving the lives of many Nigerians from others where their own governors refused to save their lives or lift a finger.
The governor then said promised to establish such facilities here in Nigeria to curb medical tourism and capital flight to other countries meaning no more spending billions sending 300 people abroad for treat and and local and easy access to the same life saving facilities here in Nigeria.
This is what he promised and this is what he delivered
When you talk about stealing our money and accountability, why not ask the hundreds of people that benefited from the state's efforts and interventions?
Fashola paid N4.5 million to have Ngozi Nwosu’s sent to the United Kingdom for kidney operation so why not ask her for accountability?
8000 Lagosians have benefitted from the Lagos State Government Limb Deformity Corrective Surgery Programme so why not ask them for accountability?
Ask the Lagsians in the picture getting a helping hand for accountability.
This is what we elect leaders to do, not sit on their hands and do nothing. We elect them to save lives and develop needed infrastructures to do just that.
But if accountability is more important to you, why not approach the necessary entities for help? Is NL ministry for health? Is NL the state government or Fashola's office? Is NL EFCC?
It's only in Nigeria doing something means you are stealing, corrupt and must account while doing nothing means you are not accountable and off the hook for doing nothing.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Opens New Cardiac & Renal Centre (CRC) Gbagada Lagos. PICS. by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jul 19, 2014
aguiyi: How many percent ownership belongs to Tinubu and what is the name of the company that handled this job, also, care to tell us the cost of the project and when it started?

Stop disgracing Igbos, biko nu

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Opens New Cardiac & Renal Centre (CRC) Gbagada Lagos. PICS. by phobia147(m): 3:57pm On Jul 19, 2014
na how to maintain am remain now

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Opens New Cardiac & Renal Centre (CRC) Gbagada Lagos. PICS. by anonimi: 4:26pm On Jul 19, 2014
banku: One situation I would not have placed myself is where I engage you in an argument, since I know you are a PRO but more important, I will reply you because you have been cordial here.

Accountability is not a bad word, it must be there upfront and justified, not only by freedom of information act from Ministry of Health. It is the basis of "democracy" or better still Oyo cabinet system, oldest in the world. (I imagine you are referring to the Oyo Alaafin democratic system where kings could be deposed/impeached by the Oyomesi/kingmakers roughly equivalent to modern day legislature- Thanks)

I love Fashola and his programs up to a point. I thought he was going to be himself after his four years because of circumstances beyond his control. However, he has thrown the towel - if you cannot beat them join them. I must say that in his defense, he tried to revolt. (Same sentiments here)

Look, until recently because of abuse, generosity was what we do in Lagos, hospitality is our pride. We grew up with - if a stranger entered Lagos in the morning, before night falls, he would be clothed, fed and given a place to sleep.

Asking those that have benefited is not the answer to my concern. A beggar has no choice until recently when they started rejecting money and even pelt coins on you some years ago. So why measure your success by proportional few that have benefited from programs that could have benefited many more? (This is the bane of Fashola's elitist administration that ends up SHORTCHANGING everyone including the elites themselves- how many are potentially drinking their own FAECES from boreholes dug in their own compound due to non-availability of tap water, to give just ONE example)

The Nigerian disease is not of Fashola's making. It is how we foolishly measure success. But Fashola was brought differently in Lagos and enjoyed the best training a father could give.

Ekoile1, the problem is not structures and equipments, others have given you example of the luxury buses turned into apere. Maintenance and continuation of policies by better and more informed generation is our problem. Lagosians pride themselves as the best. Fashola is no different from others.

Whatever, Fashola is doing now, he himself knows he could go further, much further and better. But outrageous foreign contracts, 2 or 3 billions on one kilometer of roads and bridges so that Tinubu can get his cut will not allow him.

Defend him as much as you want, I do not know how old you are and which Lagos you met, but as a Lagosian, you know better.

Unfortunately ohun ti EkoIle n je ko le je ki o gbon - wetin (CRUMBS -relative to his paymasters- of millions from our taxes) EkoIle dey chop nor go gree am get sense for this matter!
Sad!
Very sad!!!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Opens New Cardiac & Renal Centre (CRC) Gbagada Lagos. PICS. by EkoIle1: 7:04pm On Jul 19, 2014
banku: One situation I would not have placed myself is where I engage you in an argument, since I know you are a PRO but more important, I will reply you because you have been cordial here.

Accountability is not a bad word, it must be there upfront and justified, not only by freedom of information act from Ministry of Health. It is the basis of "democracy" or better still Oyo cabinet system, oldest in the world.

I love Fashola and his programs up to a point. I thought he was going to be himself after his four years because of circumstances beyond his control. However, he has thrown the towel - if you cannot beat them join them. I must say that in his defense, he tried to revolt.

Asking those that have benefited is not the answer to my concern. A beggar has no choice until recently when they started rejecting money and even pelt coins on you some years ago. So why measure your success by proportional few that have benefited from programs that could have benefited many more?

You are just rambling and latching on to everything left and right.

I have no issue with accountability and I strongly believe all elected leaders should be held accountable for any wrong doing, but exactly what do you want him to account for?

Please spell it out without the long and needless essay.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Opens New Cardiac & Renal Centre (CRC) Gbagada Lagos. PICS. by banku: 7:29pm On Jul 19, 2014
EkoIle1,

If you look at the beginning of my comment, I stated I was not going to get into rude augment with you. As soon as I posted the second one I saw that you went into that same mode. That is it. If you want to know the meaning of accountability read my comment again or read Anonimi and other comments. I'm out of here.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Opens New Cardiac & Renal Centre (CRC) Gbagada Lagos. PICS. by EkoIle1: 7:39pm On Jul 19, 2014
banku: EkoIle1,

If you look at the beginning of my comment, I stated I was not going to get into rude augment with you. As soon as I posted the second one I saw that you went into that same mode. That is it. If you want to know the meaning of accountability read my comment again or read Anonimi and other comments. I'm out of here.

In what way have I abuse you? Please highlight the abusive words?

You want accountability, but you are yet to say specifically what you need him to account for?

Why is it hard for you just to tell us specifically what manner of accountability you demand based on any wrong on is part?

I don't don't deal with trolls so I'm not reading other people's comment, this is between me and you. You should be able to defend your own comment especially something so basic like articulating in clear and basic English words what the man did wrong and what you need him to account for?

Explain yourself and quit dodging around? This is the problem with many of you, you make statements you can not support and defend with sane and rational facts.

In fact, I'll address you essay one by one and show you how ridiculous and pointless you sound
Re: Lagos State Opens New Cardiac & Renal Centre (CRC) Gbagada Lagos. PICS. by EkoIle1: 7:44pm On Jul 19, 2014
banku:

So, what's this got to do with the man doing is job by providing needed health care facilities for his people? Just what?

Or you just need him to account for not being himself?

Very ridiculous..
Re: Lagos State Opens New Cardiac & Renal Centre (CRC) Gbagada Lagos. PICS. by EkoIle1: 7:46pm On Jul 19, 2014
banku:

And you need Fashola to account for this? What else do you need him to account for?

Very pointless and ridiculous..
Re: Lagos State Opens New Cardiac & Renal Centre (CRC) Gbagada Lagos. PICS. by EkoIle1: 7:53pm On Jul 19, 2014
banku:

The man saved so many lives even though this is part of his job description as the governor of Lagos state. Beggar or no beggar, one life saved is priceless and worth every kobo unless maybe yours is not priceless and not worth saving.

Go tell the people his actions saved that saving their lives wasn't a success or just call them beggars because their elected officials responded to their needs..

You sound very crass, crude and heartless..
Re: Lagos State Opens New Cardiac & Renal Centre (CRC) Gbagada Lagos. PICS. by EkoIle1: 7:59pm On Jul 19, 2014
banku:

How do you measure success, not by saving lives? The man promised to do what your worthless leaders refused to do since independence by building the first cardiac and renal center in Nigeria and he did as promised and this it's not success? What do you call that? Failure? Or in your world, accomplished goal = Failure and wrong doing which he must stand before you and account for?

Btw, the man must also account for the way he was brought up? Have you asked your own parents to account for the way they brought you up?
Re: Lagos State Opens New Cardiac & Renal Centre (CRC) Gbagada Lagos. PICS. by EkoIle1: 8:06pm On Jul 19, 2014
banku:

This makes no damn sense. You are siting here going on and on about maintenance while at the same time saying it's not about structures and equipment . What is it about? What do you want them to maintain? Is it not the same building and the equipment inside the building? Or you are you mean the grass outside or the roads driving down the street?

How informed are you considering the fact that you can not even intelligently articulate yourself sanely and rationally. You are all over the place from people entering Lagos to how the governor was brought up? Now you are saying this is not about the very issue you are screaming about? What then are you talking about?

You sound very very confused, misguided and aimless...
Re: Lagos State Opens New Cardiac & Renal Centre (CRC) Gbagada Lagos. PICS. by EkoIle1: 8:11pm On Jul 19, 2014
banku:

Asking you to properly articulate your concern doesn't = Defending anybody.

Asking the man to account for doing his job and the same job your worthless leaders refused to do while they fly out everyday with your money to get common medical cheek up sounds pointless and ridiculous.
Re: Lagos State Opens New Cardiac & Renal Centre (CRC) Gbagada Lagos. PICS. by sleemtobz: 9:42pm On Jul 19, 2014
aguiyi: How many percent ownership belongs to Tinubu and what is the name of the company that handled this job, also, care to tell us the cost of the project and when it started?

Beware guys that guy is a poor poverty injured frustrated failure,show me any successful thing you done witg your life.Am sure the phone you used in putting this post isn't yours or you probably stole it.Because you a failure.its your nature bro,People like you hate good things.its not a must you comment if you don't have anything sensible to say. Get a life bro!

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Opens New Cardiac & Renal Centre (CRC) Gbagada Lagos. PICS. by TokyoBulls(m): 9:53pm On Jul 19, 2014
Nice one. This is very good work for the public. Health care is central to any good government and this should be commended by all.
Re: Lagos State Opens New Cardiac & Renal Centre (CRC) Gbagada Lagos. PICS. by damola14(m): 12:11am On Jul 20, 2014
Jeje lo'mo eko no. ......proudly lagosian let them continue there bad legacies up there in the north , I'm proud to be a lagosian
EkoIle1: Lagos Opens First Ultra Modern Cardiac And Renal Centre

Re: Lagos State Opens New Cardiac & Renal Centre (CRC) Gbagada Lagos. PICS. by olaife80: 7:24am On Jul 20, 2014
oduastates: Beautiful .
Omoluabis,
Building odua states brick by brick for the inevitable independence.
Unfortunately ,massive immigration will not allow odua states and allied citizens to enjoy these social services.
Every aspect of our social services is stretched to a breaking point.
Many indigens of osun state are enjoying maternal care in ondo state ,while osun provides ondo state with food and education.many Lagos indigens study in osun ,ondo and ekiti state ,while the graduates from those states get white collar jobs in Lagos. Ibadan supplies most of the poultry ,seedlings and raw material to the other states while other states live to chill out in Ibadan .
Ogun supplies the cement with which we build our cities ,while we appreciate ogun for Soyinka ,kutis,Awo ,solarin etc.
Yet some people will be asking for something that their own governors or president are too corrupt to contemplate providing.
Fashola saw a problem and he attacked it squarely .
This man is a genius to be able to function as well as he has done ,in such a chaotic city and lawless country, on basically a shoestring budget.
I have tried many times to get into his mind in order to understand his thinking process.
I know he would have love to impose order on the number of people who can reside in a building,get rid of all those ghettoes and room me , "I room you face me I face you", but the potential political cost from an absolutely deranged residents is something which must have been considered.Especially with a thieving and useless federal government who cannot even repair the apapa road through which they steal 3 trillion naira every year.
Guys ,all odua nationalist must take their game off the web to the streets .go out and educate the people why we need to get out of this country or at least inoculate ourself against the federal government,Nigerian politics and Nigeria .
SAY No APC vs PDP but ACN vs AD. Our own parties ,our own people ,our own elections ,our own destiny.
We know the game plan and that game plan has alway been to suffocate Lagos financially so as to cart away her advantages to other places.
Guess what,
It ain't gonna happen.
Odua states is coming .

LETZ celebrate progress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdWLf96sKlw

You have spoken well bro, I just can't get why we are still in this septic nation. We yoruba youth have to see our future beyond political gain, the late sage Obafemi Awolowo has laid good foundation just now left for us to claim back the lost glory. It is now or never.

SupportOduduwaRepublic.

Re: Lagos State Opens New Cardiac & Renal Centre (CRC) Gbagada Lagos. PICS. by anonimi: 9:12am On Jul 20, 2014
EkoIle1:

I don't don't deal with trolls so I'm not reading other people's comment, this is between me and you.

May I remind you, in case you are not aware, that there is a private message (PM) facility if you want anything to be between you and a particular poster.
Hope you understand
Just to remind you again, this is not your DICTATORIAL (Baba S'ope) ACN/APC gathering where everyone waits for one Superman Thief'nubu to open his mouth and tell others what to do.
Shiioooooorrrrrrrrrrrrr!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Opens New Cardiac & Renal Centre (CRC) Gbagada Lagos. PICS. by anonimi: 9:17am On Jul 20, 2014
olaife80:

You have spoken well bro, I just can't get why we are still in this septic nation. We yoruba youth have to see our future beyond political gain, the late sage Obafemi Awolowo has laid good foundation just now left for us to claim back the lost glory. It is now or never.

SupportOduduwaRepublic.

When shall we stop all this shakara oloje (bluffing)
What is stopping us from UNILATERALLY renouncing the monthly federal allocation (derived from Niger Delta oil revenue) since that is the umbilical cord that is still uniting this country? Shebi armies dey declare unilateral ceasefire for war?

BTW, what happened to all the noise about the South West Integeration Plan
Bunch of unrealistic dreamers angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Most Common Reasons For Missed Period / 10 Bad Habits That Can Seriously Damage You Brain / Combating Halitosis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.