Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,562 members, 7,955,084 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:31 PM

Imoh Ezekiel Moves To Qatar - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Imoh Ezekiel Moves To Qatar (1448 Views)

Yakubu Joins Reading, Ideye To Qatar / Imoh Ezekiel Drops Farewell Message After Completion His Move To Qatar / Nigerian Wonder-kid Imoh Ezekiel Ends Goal Drought With Stunning Brace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imoh Ezekiel Moves To Qatar by tbaba1234: 3:02pm On Jul 19, 2014
Imoh Ezekiel has agreed to join Qatar club, Al Arabi inspite of many other offers from Europe according to Sport Journalist Muyiwa Lawal.

MuyiwaLawal Report24 (@MuyiwaLawal) tweeted at 9:44 AM on Sat, Jul 19, 2014:

Imoh Ezekiel has sensationally chosen to join Qatar based side Al Arabi despite various concrete interest from various European clubs.
(https://twitter.com/MuyiwaLawal/status/490416996316905472)
Re: Imoh Ezekiel Moves To Qatar by tbaba1234: 3:04pm On Jul 19, 2014
Is it not too early to be chasing mega bucks.. The guy is too young to be going to Qatar.
Re: Imoh Ezekiel Moves To Qatar by experimentist: 3:07pm On Jul 19, 2014
X
Re: Imoh Ezekiel Moves To Qatar by Lordabas: 3:52pm On Jul 19, 2014
the money in Qatar is good its good Imoh Ezekiel makes the money now cos his fùtbol career is short. Dont forget 20yrs is his fùtbol age he might be up to 30 already lipsrsealed
Re: Imoh Ezekiel Moves To Qatar by jotey(m): 4:06pm On Jul 19, 2014
this guy dey mad..Wetin im dae find 4 qatar
Re: Imoh Ezekiel Moves To Qatar by morhsuud22(m): 4:42pm On Jul 19, 2014
Terrible
Re: Imoh Ezekiel Moves To Qatar by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 5:05pm On Jul 19, 2014
na so dis guy career take finish. ...
Re: Imoh Ezekiel Moves To Qatar by abatically(m): 6:19pm On Jul 19, 2014
Exactly the same thing I said in one of my threads. when a young Nigerian has an opportunity to play in Europe and earn peanut but develop his talent, he would rather go to Qatar and earn big money but kill his career. How are we going to produce top footballers that can compete in the world cup? At the end of the day we will still blame FIFA.

It is time those agents stop thinking about the money they would make, they should look for better places for their clients.
Re: Imoh Ezekiel Moves To Qatar by tbaba1234: 6:24pm On Jul 19, 2014
abatically: Exactly the same thing I said in one of my threads. when a young Nigerian has an opportunity to play in Europe and earn peanut but develop his talent, he would rather go to Qatar and earn big money but kill his career. How are we going to produce top footballers that can compete in the world cup? At the end of the day we will still blame FIFA.

It is time those agents stop thinking about the money they would make, they should look for better places for their clients.

I don't understand the rush. If he makes a name for himself in the bigger leagues, He can easily make bigger money if he decides to retire in Qatar.

He has the talent to be a top player. Bad advisers.
Re: Imoh Ezekiel Moves To Qatar by adegwurulez(m): 6:47pm On Jul 19, 2014
First off, if this is true, his agent should be shot.

The problem with nigerian football is that our footballers see football as a means to an end-a cash making venture. Very few African footballers play footy for passion. Thats why we see most european players having extra training sessions learning stuffs like freekicks, dead ball delivery, building their stamina etc while our own footballers are busy chasing money.

I just hope this ends up being one of those rumors we are used to in this part of the world cos seriously i don't see a great future for a 20year old putting money ahead of his career.
Re: Imoh Ezekiel Moves To Qatar by julioralph(m): 9:43pm On Jul 19, 2014
Qatar??
Well then, He shud kiss d Eagles goodbye!!

1 Like

Re: Imoh Ezekiel Moves To Qatar by tbaba1234: 1:14am On Jul 20, 2014
adegwurulez: First off, if this is true, his agent should be shot.
The problem with nigerian football is that our footballers see football as a means to an end-a cash making venture. Very few African footballers play footy for passion. Thats why we see most european players having extra training sessions learning stuffs like freekicks, dead ball delivery, building their stamina etc while our own footballers are busy chasing money.
I just hope this ends up being one of those rumors we are used to in this part of the world cos seriously i don't see a great future for a 20year old putting money ahead of his career.

Belgian club Standard Liege are asking for as much as five million Euros from Qatari club Al Arabi for Nigeria striker Imoh Ezekiel.

Al Arabi have tabled a four-year deal for the 20-year-old Ezekiel.

The president of 36 Lion Football Academy Lagos and the striker's mentor Liamed Gafaar revealed to AfricanFootball.com: “What the two clubs are discussing is between €4 million and €5 million Euros, no interested European team are close to what Standard Liege want."

Gafaar further disclosed the player is satisfied with the personal terms and he is now only waiting for Standard Liege and Al Arabi to agree a transfer fee.

"Imoh’s (Ezekiel) move to Al Arabi of Qatar is 85% done. He has agreed personal terms with the club, the only thing that remains is for Standard Liege and Al Arabi to agree on a transfer fee. I am sure that will be sorted out soon," he further said.

“He is expected to hit Qatar by July 27 for the signing formalities.”

The 36 Lion Football Academy boss justified the decision for the striker, who has been capped once by Nigeria, to move to Qatar.

"Some people think Qatar league is not strong. I disagree with them. If Iran could come to the World Cup and it had to take a last-minute goal for Argentina to beat them, it showed there are tough defenders in that region,” he argued.

“It will be a new challenge for him. If Asamoah Gyan could do well in the World Cup despite playing in UAE, nothing will stop Imoh from scoring loads of goals in Qatar.

“I am sure he will return to Europe in future for bigger teams in the bigger leagues, he has age on his side."

By Olusola Alao

http://africanfootball.com//news/440498/Standard-Liege-want-5-million-Euros-for-Imoh-Ezekiel
Re: Imoh Ezekiel Moves To Qatar by tbaba1234: 1:15am On Jul 20, 2014
I understand that they will triple his salary.
Re: Imoh Ezekiel Moves To Qatar by chinex276(m): 5:17pm On Jul 20, 2014
Asamoah gyan be lyk Bad market

(1) (Reply)

Football Highlight Downloads / Mikel Obi's Russian Girlfriend Shares Photo Of Their Twin Babies / See What Barca Coach, Luis Enrique Did To Amuneke...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.