Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Should She Marry An Atheist - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should She Marry An Atheist (947 Views)

He's A Good Man, But Should She Marry Him? Please Advise / Pastor Says I Should Marry An Ifa Worshipper, Now I Am Regretting —wife / Should She Marry Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should She Marry An Atheist by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jul 19, 2014
My cousin has been dating this really great guy, the bombshell dropped when he said he is an atheist...... she is quite a bit of a religious fellow, and is very confused.
Re: Should She Marry An Atheist by VantagePoint: 7:40pm On Jul 19, 2014
"Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers".

1 Like

Re: Should She Marry An Atheist by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jul 19, 2014
Deep down in her heart, she doesn't believe in God, or she doesn't study her bible. I have no advice for such fellow.
Re: Should She Marry An Atheist by cococandy(f): 7:43pm On Jul 19, 2014
If he promises not to interfere in her religion and worship system,then I don't see the harm.
It would have been worse if she's from a very different religion.
Over religious people tend to be troublesome when paired with other over religious people too.
If he's open minded and tolerant of her beliefs.
What's the problem then?
Unless she's afraid he'll influence her
Re: Should She Marry An Atheist by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jul 19, 2014
Bump
Re: Should She Marry An Atheist by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 19, 2014
No.

1 Like

Re: Should She Marry An Atheist by nat138: 7:49pm On Jul 19, 2014
cryptography: My cousin has been dating this really great guy, the bombshell dropped when he said he is an atheist...... she is quite a bit of a religious fellow, and is very confused.

It's in matters like this that people need to exercise their personal principles. There is nothing anybody will tell her, what are her principles and convictions? If she has been dating him, what did she think will come out of it?
Well choice is hers to make.
Re: Should She Marry An Atheist by delkuf(m): 7:50pm On Jul 19, 2014
lomomike: Deep down in her heart, she doesn't believe in God, or she doesn't study her bible. I have no advice for such fellow.
I like u. I like u very much. Y will that is a bit religious be dating a guy, not to talk of an atheist. I don't knw wht is wrong with some christian. They claim to be a christian and they are in different ungodly relatnship. God will help us
Re: Should She Marry An Atheist by Tannie(f): 8:41pm On Jul 19, 2014
lomomike: Deep down in her heart, she doesn't believe in God, or she doesn't study her bible. I have no advice for such fellow.

You hit the nail on the head.
She has a lot of questions to answer, how can she didn't know he isn't religious
Re: Should She Marry An Atheist by crackhaus: 8:50pm On Jul 19, 2014
undecided
Re: Should She Marry An Atheist by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 19, 2014
Op, what exactly do you want us to do?
Advice you on how to advice your confused cousin or what?

Whatever any one says here is irrelevant. And that includes whatever advice you might want to give her.

She will do as her heart or head leads her. At the end, people will always do what they want to do.
Re: Should She Marry An Atheist by pinkishgal(f): 9:17pm On Jul 19, 2014
undecided
Joavid: lipsrsealed

O'lord! Have mercy! sad
Joavid:
O'lord! Have mercy! sad
no be small thing, further english
Re: Should She Marry An Atheist by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jul 19, 2014
Joavid:

O'lord! Have mercy! sad
pinkishgal: undecided no be small thing, further english
.You two need to grow up and develop some brain maturity. stop picking on someone's written error for you're no better than that person; infact, you make more grievous mistakes than that person. Over sabi dey worry una. Mtcheeew
Re: Should She Marry An Atheist by Tannie(f): 9:47pm On Jul 19, 2014
Joavid:

O'lord! Have mercy! sad

Lolzzzzz modified
Re: Should She Marry An Atheist by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jul 19, 2014
VantagePoint:
"Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers".

This answers everything.
There shouldn't be any negotiation with the Bible.
Re: Should She Marry An Atheist by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jul 19, 2014
lomomike: .You two need to grow up and develop some brain maturity. stop picking on someone's written error for you're no better than that person; infact, you make more grievous mistakes than that person. Over sabi dey worry una. Mtcheeew
And you need to calm down.
Re: Should She Marry An Atheist by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jul 19, 2014
Joavid:
And you need to calm down.
I am not high on marijuana sweerie undecided
Re: Should She Marry An Atheist by apolonius(m): 4:36am On Jul 20, 2014
Someone does not believe in God and you think he will believe in you for too long?In my books,it is a NO!
Re: Should She Marry An Atheist by ladycomfort(f): 7:31pm On Jul 20, 2014
please dont try it
Re: Should She Marry An Atheist by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jul 20, 2014
ladycomfort: please dont try it

You need not advice her, because OP's "friend" must had read about such warnings given in the Bible, in sermons, Christian counsellings, other medium of Christian communications, and even fellow Christian friends (if she's a true Christian believer as claimed), yet she went ahead to date the un-believer now they are heading for marriage (I don't know if its desperation or what that caused this). What made you think the OP's "friend" would listen to you who is an anonymous writer (Nairaland is a faceless forum) besides, no matter how much you advice one who is down the road of self destruction, the devil would never let the person to reason with you and stop its only the GOD that can turn the heart of kings (OP's "friend"wink just as he would turn the rivers of water, and its only Holy spirit that can guide one thru the path of truth.

NB: "Friend" refers to eiher the OP or her friend genuinely (I don't know if its the OP who needs this advice or the OP's friend due to potential lies emanating from similar stories such as this) no pun intended.

QED

(1) (Reply)

Sometimes You Just Want To Kill Your Mum Or Yourself. / Pastor Adeboye Reveals 4 Equations Of Marriage (No 3 Will Make You Laugh) / The Alternative Called "Adoption".

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.