Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,831 members, 7,817,431 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

Why Nurses Should Not Be Called Doctor - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Nurses Should Not Be Called Doctor (1175 Views)

FG Not Serious About Fighting Ebola –doctors, Nurses / Why Do Luth Dr, Nurses, Interns Have Bad Attitudes? / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nurses Should Not Be Called Doctor by ziga: 9:33pm On Jul 19, 2014
Not everyone who calls themselves a doctor has an M.D. or D.O. after their name.

With the ever increasing number of nurses obtaining advanced doctorate degrees, the question of whether or not a nurse can introduce themselves as “doctor” to their patients has sparked a heated debate in the healthcare industry.

While patients who are treated by these nurse-doctors may be none the wiser, physicians are fighting to keep the doctor title restricted, especially since there is great power and responsibility that come with it.

Let us know the implications of what we do!!!
For full article, see source http://www.healthecareers.com/article/why-nurses-should-not-be-called-doctor/169687
Re: Why Nurses Should Not Be Called Doctor by prettyprettywow: 2:34am On Jul 20, 2014
who is dragging the title Dr with you people? Is that the problem at hand? na wa o. I think we should face the reason why NMA is on strike , rather than confusing people. No Nigeria health worker without PhD wants to bear the title abeg The title Dr is not an issue here.
ziga:

For full article, see source http://www.healthecareers.com/article/why-nurses-should-not-be-called-doctor/169687
Re: Why Nurses Should Not Be Called Doctor by desy24444(m): 3:02am On Jul 20, 2014
ziga:

even a political science person(wit due respect to dem) wit PhD is called a dr.so wat re u talking abt?
Re: Why Nurses Should Not Be Called Doctor by ziga: 3:31am On Jul 20, 2014
prettyprettywow: who is dragging the title Dr with you people? Is that the problem at hand? na wa o. I think we should face the reason why NMA is on strike , rather than confusing people. No Nigeria health worker without PhD wants to bear the title abeg The title Dr is not an issue here.

I thought you were an objective person at first.

But I guess a we are who we are after all.

Did you read the article at all?

Or you want me to explain it to you?
Re: Why Nurses Should Not Be Called Doctor by ziga: 3:32am On Jul 20, 2014
desy24444: even a political science person(wit due respect to dem) wit PhD is called a dr.so wat re u talking abt?

Read and educate yourself before you talk so that you don't sound ignorant!
Re: Why Nurses Should Not Be Called Doctor by prettyprettywow: 4:08am On Jul 20, 2014
I thought this whole thing is about the NMA strike? We are in Nigeria, and no nurse wants to be called a Dr. By the way, I didn't bother reading the article because we have more important issues at hand. I also thought you were an objective person, but your comments these period are nothing to write home about. I also guess that we are who we are after all.
ziga:

I thought you were an objective person at first.

But I guess a we are who we are after all.

Did you read the article at all?

Or you want me to explain it to you?
Re: Why Nurses Should Not Be Called Doctor by ziga: 4:13am On Jul 20, 2014
prettyprettywow: I thought this whole thing is about the NMA strike? We are in Nigeria, and no nurse wants to be called a Dr. By the way, I didn't bother reading the article because we have more important issues at hand. I also thought you were an objective person, but your comments these period are nothing to write home about. I also guess that we are who we are after all.

Did you see NMA anywhere in the article.

You keep bringing up NMA like your life depends on it.

And why would you reply to a post without reading it?

Is that how you do your exams?

Please!!!
Re: Why Nurses Should Not Be Called Doctor by prettyprettywow: 5:33am On Jul 20, 2014
what is your reason for bringing up the topic if it is not related to the issue at hand? Nurse vs Dr again. who should be called consultant. Mtcheeewww. There are somethings I don't bother reading, and this is one of them. Until you post something that is of interest to Nigerian health sector, you are on your own. Imagine the topic? why nurses should not be called Dr. hia!
ziga:

Did you see NMA anywhere in the article.

You keep bringing up NMA like your life depends on it.

And why would you reply to a post without reading it?

Is that how you do your exams?

Please!!!
Re: Why Nurses Should Not Be Called Doctor by ziga: 5:47am On Jul 20, 2014
prettyprettywow: what is your reason for bringing up the topic if it is not related to the issue at hand? Nurse vs Dr again. who should be called consultant. Mtcheeewww. There are somethings I don't bother reading, and this is one of them. Until you post something that is of interest to Nigerian health sector, you are on your own. Imagine the topic? why nurses should not be called Dr. hia!

With the way you reason, Nigeria clearly has a long way to go.

We are the problem of Nigeria.
Re: Why Nurses Should Not Be Called Doctor by prettyprettywow: 5:55am On Jul 20, 2014
yes, we are the problem with the way we reason. I am sure your reasoning is also myopic. until we all change our mentality, we will still sit on a long thing
ziga:

With the way you reason, Nigeria clearly has a long way to go.

We are the problem of Nigeria.
Re: Why Nurses Should Not Be Called Doctor by Morotov1(m): 9:11am On Jul 20, 2014
;DHusband and wife......better park well .........trailer dey your back.
Re: Why Nurses Should Not Be Called Doctor by armadeo(m): 7:22pm On Jul 20, 2014
Morotov1: ;DHusband and wife......better park well .........trailer dey your back.

grin grin grin grin grin,

On a lighter note I felt it was like watching husband and wife slug it out.

(1) (Reply)

Ebola: FG Turns Back Corpse Flown In From Egypt / PLEASE HELP !!! I Have Pimples/acne All Over My Face ..advice Needed Please!! / Massive Overseas Exudos Of Doctors Loom!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.