Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

Lil Wayne Appreciation - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Lil Wayne Appreciation (753 Views)

New Music: Nicki Minaj Ft. Drake, Lil Wayne, & Chris Brown – Only (hot Track) / Rappers' Real Names; Snoop Dogg, Jayz, Nicki Minaj, T.I, Lil Wayne, Eminem Dr Dr / American Rap Artiste, Lil Wayne Is Dead? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lil Wayne Appreciation by bankydd(m): 10:33pm On Jul 19, 2014
There is a divided opinion on American rapper Lil Wayne..he's both the most under rated rapper(a little exaggeration) and the most over rated.

I'll break this down to 3 types of opinions..

1 People who think lil Wayne is the best thing to be discovered since diamonds.., the typical ymcm bandwagons who prolly have never listened to more than 5 albums from other rappers in their life..most are kids who are under the age of 18..so we can easily forgive them and wait for them to grow up..

2 people who feel he's the worst rapper ever... some feel a very wack rapper who got lucky and made it..they've only listened to his 'sell out' tracks.. tracks who made him money but were actually wack rap records eg lollipop, bitches love me etc.. they feel he's nut even worthy to be called an M.C..

then there's the 3rd group ,people like me,, who know lil Wayne is past his prime. but he's one of the people who changed the face of hip hop..for the better..

he was always known for his mixtape game ,, the rapper with the most solid mixtape game ever..That's indisputable.. His mixtape that brought him into limelight was Dedication..it was so awesome , and people started taking him seriously... His next mixtape changed the way people viewed mixtapes and that was Dedication 2.. it got so much love and people started taking his claims to be the best rapper alive seriously.. in 05 he released Carter 2.. a classic in my opinion and my 2nd best album..this showed his lyrical ability in full.but most people don't know this. tracks like
Tha Mobb (perfect intro)
Hustler Musik ( very deep song)
fire man
etc show cased his talent and his fan base was slowly growing...

then came the GOAT (greatest of all time ) mixtape .the almighty Da Drought 3.. Jesus Christ..he went crazy on this..slayed a 29 track mixtape with no weak song.. he made this style where he uses pre made popular beats and makes his own version.. tracks like
upgrade you
ride for my niggas
hard body
my daddy
etc...in short this mixtape was perfection.. it was hailed by fans and critics alike...

Then came Tha Carter 3..it was rumored that he made over 100 tracks for the album..and a version of it leaked before the album was produced ..he later converted this to a mixtape (da drought is over 2) which was awesome with songs like

someone you forgot
la la
I feel like dying
..it was so good..and we had high hopes for carter 3..then it finally came.all tracks were awesome.. except lollipop notable tracks were
amilie(won a Grammy)
comfortable
let the beat build etc

he went on to win 4 Grammy awards..and he deserved the success.. people started respecting him..even Jay-Z acknowledged him.. kanye couldn't stop screaming best Rapper alive at interviews...

Then came no ceilings..the most downloaded mixtape in history. he slayed all tracks..made Jay-Z look like an amateur on his own beat!! .Jay-Z even said on DOA that ' I might send this to the mixtape weezy' it was a cool project overall. and it boosted his respect further...then came rebirth(total failure).jail..Carter IV (decent album..which got over hated..but still had dope tracks.. His latest works bla,bla ,bla

it's obvious that lil Wayne is past his prime..he's far from being the worst MC,, he's not the best too..but he deserves respect..His work rate is epic.. he has a discography of about 25 projects..and is currently working on 2 this year. most people hate him without giving him a chance. I used to be a hater too .till I listened to his best works ..
If you wanna get into him..this is what I recommend

Dedication 2
All the Carter Series
Da Drought 3
No ceilings
I Am not a human being

and his verses this year have been epic..he killed loyal..believe me..and his latest song..krazy(average imo)..you can check those out too..

it's CARTER V season!!
Re: Lil Wayne Appreciation by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jul 19, 2014
Lil Wayne is the best thing that ever happened to HipHop/Rap

1 Like

Re: Lil Wayne Appreciation by bankydd(m): 2:01pm On Jul 20, 2014
phatjoe50: Lil Wayne is the best thing that ever happened to HipHop/Rap

yeah bro.rap game won't be the same without him
Re: Lil Wayne Appreciation by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 21, 2014
Tell them, WeezyF. Baby!!!!!!!! on krazy, he goes like
They paint me as a villain, I just autograph the artwork
now that's legendary.

those stupid Eninem and nas loyalists go come derail thread now

(1) (Reply)

Gets Trending Cheats On All Networks / Your Top 5 Songs Of The Year 2014 / Frank Edward The Nigerian Don Moen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.