Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,550 members, 7,819,950 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

Meet Victoria Ibiwoye, Enterprenuer And Humanitarian - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Meet Victoria Ibiwoye, Enterprenuer And Humanitarian (916 Views)

How It Is To Live As A Doctor In Victoria Islands, Lagos? / Massive Protest Ongoing By Eko Atlantic Workers In Victoria Island, Lagos. Pics / Order For "The Road To Victoria Island" By Jarus In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Meet Victoria Ibiwoye, Enterprenuer And Humanitarian by DSuperWoman(f): 5:53pm On Jul 20, 2014
Victoria Ibiwoye is the founder of "One African Child" and our SuperWoman for the month of July. She's a loving, caring, inspiring, selfless, super humanitarian who is putting her effort in empowering African Children. More grease to your elbows dear, you are a Superwoman indeed.

Hello Victoria pls tell us about yourself?

Hi there!  My name is Victoria Ibiwoye. I am a social entrepreneur and Law student at the premier university, Ibadan.

Tell us about one africa child

Oneafricanchild Initiative is an organisation founded primarily to educate and empower African children.
Our aim is to build the largest network of young leaders who will create a positive and lasting legacy in their endeavours.

How long have you been doing this?

Oneafricanchild has been in operation for less than a year. It was founded on November 20, 2013

What/who inspired the birth of one african child?

Oneafricanchild was inspired by my love and passion for and to reshape Africa. I live in a community and time where there is loss of identity especially in the lives of children.
There is also little knowledge of culture. A lot of children barely know where they came from, where they are or where they are heading in life. There is faint hope about the future and less care about 'Today'.
Oneafricanchild stands to instill confidence in children and to direct them in living God ordained lives.

How do you get funds to support your projects?

We gather funds through sponsorships, donations, contributions and by collaborating with other non profits on a project.

Knowing that one african child is not a "business" you've set up to generate income, what gives you the zeal to carry on?

People. I have the best team to work with. They are committed, goal-driven, accountable and God fearing members. I am what i am because of who they are.

Are there times when you've wanted to quit?

Oh yes, there were. Seeing how much we have achieved and much more than we still can, gives me the zeal to carry on. There has also been God on my side.

What is your advice to ladies who may wish to follow this part?

Every woman is a beautiful Queen. The queen is not only responsible to her king... Read full interview here. http://www.dsuperwoman.com/2014/07/victoria-ibiwoye-is-founder-of-one.html?m=1

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Industry Average Financial Ratios / 10 Most Corrupt Police Forces In The World / National Taskforce -urgent Information Required

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.