Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,080 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

Surah Hadid: Reviving The Muslims - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Surah Hadid: Reviving The Muslims (1196 Views)

Benefits Of Reciting Surah Al Kahf On Friday / Quran Says Bible Is A Book Of Reference For The Muslims / Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Surah Hadid: Reviving The Muslims by tbaba1234: 7:56am On Jul 21, 2014
Surah Hadid is the first of the Al Musabbihat, a collective name for five Surahs:
[1] Al Hadid [2] AL Hashar [3] As Saff [4]Jumuah and [5] At-Taghabun

They are Medina Surahs.

So why were they revealed?

The muslims (Muhajirrun) in mecca gained nothing material from being muslim, they underwent torture and boycott for the sake of Islam. The only reason for been muslim was their strong faith. The period of trial was a period of training for them. There was no state, no standing army. Their only motivation was Islam.. At this time, the overall Iman of the Ummah was very high.

Then the muslim moved to Medina, 6 months later they were involved in Badr, Uhud, Ahzab etc... In this period, the number of muslims grew but they did not have the same training or the same quality as the earlier ones. Allah even talks about initially, with Iman it was 1 muslim to 10 mushrik but as Iman dropped, it became 1 to 2 . Plus, we had the Munafiq imbedded amonst the muslims.

Muslims with weak faith and hypocrites were now embedded amongst the Muslims so the overall level of Iman in the Ummah dropped.

Allah revealed these surahs to light up the flames of the muslims, to fire them up again.

Imagine, a tired team at half time during a football game and the coach gives them a pep talk to fire them up. These Surahs are Allah's pep talk to the muslim.

Whenever I just need an Iman boost or I feel low, Surah Hadid always does it for me.

My goal is to explain a few of the ayat. Hopefully, we can get fired up too

We can never get too Iman boosted and like Allah says:

People, a teaching from your Lord has come to you, a healing for what is in [your] hearts, and guidance and mercy for the believers. (Surah 10:57)

May Allah heal our hearts from the diseases of hypocrisy or weak faith with the teaching from His book.

Please make plenty of Dua (so I don't get lazy grin) so that we can go through, at least half of this Surah.

Deols, Sissie, Sino, Onegig, Fulaman198, Enlightenedsoul, bntY, ameenahz.

1 Like

Re: Surah Hadid: Reviving The Muslims by PassingShot(m): 8:47am On Jul 21, 2014
May Allah strenghten you to be able to achieve your goal.
Re: Surah Hadid: Reviving The Muslims by bntY: 10:36am On Jul 21, 2014
Eagerly waiting for d continuation.may Allah strengthen you.
Re: Surah Hadid: Reviving The Muslims by sino(m): 5:39pm On Jul 21, 2014
Following...

Now don't be lazy bro grin

May Allah grant you strength. Ameen
Re: Surah Hadid: Reviving The Muslims by tbaba1234: 3:30am On Jul 22, 2014
Advice: Please give this some focus and concentration, In sha Allah. May Allah grant us some benefit.

Remember this is an address mainly to the Muslims. It starts with six ayat of reintrotroducing the muslim to Allah then it gets into the issues of the believers.

Ayah 1

Sabbaha lillahi ma fee alssamawati waalardi wahuwa alAAazeezu alhakeemu
Translation: Everything (else) has been declaring the perfection of Allah in the skies and the earth, He is the ultimate authority, the most wise.

Allah tells us here that all other creation, everything else in the skies and the earth declares his perfection. He also told us in the Quran that we were created in the best form and have been honoured amongst creation.

So the question is: If everything in the skies and the earth are declaring Allah’s perfection, what happened to you? What is wrong with you?

If we have been honoured amongst creation with our intellect and all that we have been given, Who should be doing the best Tasbih (declaring perfection) of Allah? Fulfilling that right of Allah should be best done by us.

Allah tells us:

Do you not realize [Prophet] that everything in the heavens and earth submits to God: the sun, the moon, the stars, the mountains, the trees, and the animals? So do many human beings, though for many others punishment is well deserved…… (Surah 22:18)

We are believers, which means the burden is heavier on us.

So essentially Allah is saying: The entire Universe is doing what it is supposed to, What happened to you? You are a believer.
You can tell the talent of an artist by his work. By what Allah created, The planets, the stars, the mountains and the earth, Creation in itself declares Allah’s perfection. It is enough of a praise of Allah. It makes you think, if this is so beautiful , How incredible is the one who made it.

In this group of surahs, there is constant comparison between the universe and its role with Allah and the believers and their role with Allah.

He is the ultimate authority

Essentially: How come My authority is not enough that you don’t respect it.

The most wise

Meaning: What don’t you trust that the things, I am telling you are good for you? Why don’t you have any confidence in my wisdom?

2 Likes

Re: Surah Hadid: Reviving The Muslims by tbaba1234: 3:32am On Jul 22, 2014
Ayah 2

Lahu mulku alssamawati waalardi yuhyee wayumeetu wahuwa AAala kulli shayin qadeerun
The kingdom of the skies and the earth belong to him, He gives life and death, and he is in control of all things.

Allah says: The kingdom of the skies and the earth belong to him

Meaning: Why are afraid of your enemy? Why are afraid of their money, power or weaponry? Don’t you understand, that there is nothing in the skies and the earth that is outside Allah’s kingdom? All of the battles between truth and falsehood are happening inside Allah’s kingdom?
Why are you afraid of someone else for? Are you afraid of dying??

Allah says: He gives life and death

Meaning: He gives life, he gives death. Why are you worried about life and death? He will give and take. It is not yours to keep. He has ownership over that.

Not only that

Allah says: He is in control of all things

1 Like

Re: Surah Hadid: Reviving The Muslims by tbaba1234: 3:36am On Jul 22, 2014
Ayah 3

Huwa alawwalu waalakhiru waalththahiru waalbatinu wahuwa bikulli shayin AAaleemun

He is the first and the last, He is so obvious and the ultimately hidden and he knows all things.

Allah says: He is the first and the last.

He is before all was and will be after all is gone. On a personal note, the first priority in your day should be Allah, and the last thing you do before going to sleep is to think about your master.

Allah says: He is so obvious and the ultimately hidden

There is no reality more obvious than Allah himself. For a person who observes Allah’s creations and reflects with the mind given to him, this will be the most obvious reality for them. You see Allah in his creation, work and planning.

But at the same time, Allah is in the unseen from us so he is both of those things at the same time. He is the universe best kept secret and yet his work makes him the most obvious.

He has knowledge of all things.

Just because you do not see him does not mean he does not know what is going on.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Surah Hadid: Reviving The Muslims by PassingShot(m): 7:24am On Jul 22, 2014
Following.

Good work brother!
Re: Surah Hadid: Reviving The Muslims by tbaba1234: 7:36am On Jul 23, 2014
Ayah 4

Huwa allathee khalaqa alssamawati waalarda fee sittati ayyamin thumma istawa AAala alAAarshi yaAAlamu ma yaliju fee alardi wama yakhruju minha wama yanzilu mina alssamai wama yaAAruju feeha wahuwa maAAakum ayna ma kuntum waAllahu bima taAAmaloona baseerun

Translation: He is the one the created the skies and the earth in six period, Then He established Himself on the Throne. He knows what enters into the earth and what comes out of it. And He knows what comes down from the sky and what rises up into the sky. And He is with you wherever you may be, He sees all that you do;

Allah says: He is the one the created the skies and the earth in six periods, Then He established Himself on the Throne.

The creation is a display of His power. The Aarshi in Arabic literature is used for the throne of a king. SO Allah telling us that: He established Himself on the Throne, makes Him the king and makes us his subjects. This is meant to instill humility in the muslim.

His Aarshi, we are told is above the seven heavens.

Now think about this, Allah tells us that the lowest heaven is adorned with stars, and as far as we look in the universe with modern science advancements, we see stars

We have adorned the lowest heaven with stars, (Surah 37:6)

Imagine the magnitude of his kingdom when we have not even seen past the first heaven.

Allah just told us that He is above the seven heavens and in the next statement,

He says: He knows what enters into the earth and what comes out of it

SubhanAllah, He from his highest throne, knows what is going into the lowest place, the earth.

Then Allah says: And He knows what comes down from the sky and what rises up into the sky.

More about his Knowledge about our earth but it is about to get personal.

Allah says: And He is with you wherever you may be

He is with you, you are not alone. His company is there, watching, protecting and observing. You are never alone, wherever you may be.

If we understand this, everything about our activities will change. If we internalize this, it will bring about a complete change in our behaviours.

The word used in the Arabic language (wahuwa maAAakum) also means, he is there to support you. The same word is used when the prophet was in a cave with Abu bakr.

Muslims, Allah is with you and is there to support you. He is taking care of you.

Then Allah says: He sees all that you do

1 Like

Re: Surah Hadid: Reviving The Muslims by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jul 23, 2014
That means there are somethings that go up the sky that dnt come down,apart from what He sends from the Sky,So Isaac Newton maybe wrong here,Allahu Alam.
Re: Surah Hadid: Reviving The Muslims by sino(m): 9:54pm On Jul 23, 2014
Allah's Rahmah be with you tbaba for sharing this...

There isn't much to be so endearing to a believer in this life, i guess when you haven't gotten to that level of detachment from this world, and embrace true spirituality, you just keep falling and pray you get up stronger...the task always seem difficult, i don't know if it is due to temptations or just that one haven't yet seen the simplicity and tranquility in attaining spirituality.

Iman increases and decreases as rightly stated by the Prophet (SAW), i remember telling my friend who asked me for which prayer i wanted since he was going for itikhaf and i wasn't, i told him my faith is like the light from a candle stick, i am running with my candle stick while covering it with my hand for the severity of the wind around me is much and might just blow it off, then, i lose both worlds (audhubillah!). Now i remeber your tafsir of surah fatha, the need to continuously seek guidance, no safe lavel...

May Allah strengthen our faith, and not place upon us burden beyond our faith and capacity...

I believe you haven't finished right?
Re: Surah Hadid: Reviving The Muslims by sino(m): 9:57pm On Jul 23, 2014
uplawal: That means there are somethings that go up the sky that dnt come down,apart from what He sends from the Sky,So Isaac Newton maybe wrong here,Allahu Alam.

lol, nah, i don't think Isaac was wrong, he was basically stating the laws of the physical realm, while that Allah is describing is of another dimension, the spiritual realm.
Re: Surah Hadid: Reviving The Muslims by tbaba1234: 12:26am On Jul 24, 2014
sino: Allah's Rahmah be with you tbaba for sharing this...

There isn't much to be so endearing to a believer in this life, i guess when you haven't gotten to that level of detachment from this world, and embrace true spirituality, you just keep falling and pray you get up stronger...the task always seem difficult, i don't know if it is due to temptations or just that one haven't yet seen the simplicity and tranquility in attaining spirituality.

Iman increases and decreases as rightly stated by the Prophet (SAW), i remember telling my friend who asked me for which prayer i wanted since he was going for itikhaf and i wasn't, i told him my faith is like the light from a candle stick, i am running with my candle stick while covering it with my hand for the severity of the wind around me is much and might just blow it off, then, i lose both worlds (audhubillah!). Now i remeber your tafsir of surah fatha, the need to continuously seek guidance, no safe lavel...

May Allah strengthen our faith, and not place upon us burden beyond our faith and capacity...

I believe you haven't finished right?

I have a few challenges, but I am not done.
Re: Surah Hadid: Reviving The Muslims by Nobody: 12:41am On Jul 24, 2014
Allahu alam,jazakallahu khair.
sino:

lol, nah, i don't think Isaac was wrong, he was basically stating the laws of the physical realm, while that Allah is describing is of another dimension, the spiritual realm.

1 Like

Re: Surah Hadid: Reviving The Muslims by tbaba1234: 3:27am On Jul 24, 2014
Ayah 5

Translation: The kingdom of the skies and the earth belong to him, Everything is brought back to God.

Allah Says: The kingdom of the skies and the earth belong to him

Wait a sec, Allah already said this in the second ayah. Why twice? Why does someone say something twice?

Imagine you father is having a conversation with you and he has to be repeat statements. Why will he do that?

You are not listening; it is not getting in your head. Imagine the vastness of the universe.

Allah is saying, it all belongs to Him. Get it in your head.
Allah is talking to those who listen to this ayat and it does not go into their head. Are you listening?? He owns the kingdom of the skies and the earth.

This time it is a threat, because Allah warns you next.

Allah says: All of the things you do will go back to Allah.

Once you recognize that He owns everything and every single thing you do will go back to him, it changes you. Getting this into the skull is really an experience.

Then Allah says:

Ayah 6:

Translation: He makes night merge into day and day into night. He has full knowledge of what goes on, deep into the chests.

When you realize that everything you do goes back to Allah. Immediately Allah says: He makes the night merge into the day and day into night.

Why does Allah mention Night and Day?

If you read this ayat, and understand that everything you do goes back to Allah. Your day and night will change and every time a night is turning into a day,

You think: Ya Allah, What am I going to do this morning? It gives you a sense of urgency.

Allah says: He has full knowledge of what goes on, deep into the chests.

He knows what is going on deep inside you, the temptations you have, the evil thoughts you have. The things you want to say but don’t.
All the whispers of shaitan in your head are known.

Allah says, I know you on the inside. Even your family and your spouse do not know who you really are, but Allah knows what you really are.

It is important to know that people’s opinions of you have no bearing on what Allah knows of you. People’s opinions of you mean nothing with Allah.

People’s praise could lead to self-righteousness or arrogance, Allah knows you more than anyone. He knows what you really are.

These are the first Six ayat, an introduction of Allah to the muslim

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

A Very Simple Question: Why? / Salam Brothers And Sisters / Rome Will Be Conquered Next, Says Leader Of 'islamic State'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.