Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,753 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:19 PM

Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats - Properties (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats (59878 Views)

DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] / A 5bedroom Bungalow On 5plots Of Land In Osogbo / Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by richardquest: 8:58am On Nov 26, 2015
Yes i also noticed Spyderr was the only person doing it but i believe the in-house contractors called him not to do it anymore as it affects there business, you know once the readers have the full idea and price range then its bad business for them and most contractors get good money from price hike of materials and labor cost.
elvis07:
i jst wonder why u guys dont state d cost any project u embark on, nw making the whole property section to become so boring. all we see this days is jst pix of different project steps but u tend to forget that alot of people are 70% interested in the cost breakdown which is actually d motivating factor for somany to take that bold step towards starting there own building. [code][/code]GIVEUSCOSTBREAKDOWN
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by elvis07: 10:47pm On Nov 26, 2015
THAT IS BAD, I HAVE GAINED KNOWLEDGE FROM THERE EXPERTISE ND SINCERITY WHICH I ALSO BELIEVE HAS BEEN ABLE TO GET DEM GUD JOBS VIA DIS FORUM. SO IT WILL B AN ABSOLUTE FOOLISHNESS FOR ONE TO THINK PLAYING PRANKS PAYS. ABSENCE OF D COST BREAKDOWNS IS MAKING D FORUM BORING FOR ME
richardquest:
Yes i also noticed Spyderr was the only person doing it but i believe the in-house contractors called him not to do it anymore as it affects there business, you know once the readers have the full idea and price range then its bad business for them and most contractors get good money from price hike of materials and labor cost.
AND I BLIVE MANY FEEL SAME TOO

1 Like

Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by richardquest: 12:18pm On Nov 27, 2015
My dear brother i feel your pain same also implies here but the truth is the education you get nowadays is from the pictures,processes,calculations,techniques,dos and donts etc as for the cost hmmmmm you are asking for too much cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy how u want make dem chop nah
elvis07:
THAT IS BAD, I HAVE GAINED KNOWLEDGE FROM THERE EXPERTISE ND SINCERITY WHICH I ALSO BELIEVE HAS BEEN ABLE TO GET DEM GUD JOBS VIA DIS FORUM. SO IT WILL B AN ABSOLUTE FOOLISHNESS FOR ONE TO THINK PLAYING PRANKS PAYS. ABSENCE OF D COST BREAKDOWNS IS MAKING D FORUM BORING FOR ME AND I BLIVE MANY FEEL SAME TOO
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by elvis07: 2:28pm On Nov 27, 2015
DEN NO DEY CHOP BEFORE? D COST DEY WERE GIVING IS WAT MOTIVATED MANY TO CONTRACT DEM FOR JOBS, IS DAT NT A BETA CHOP?
richardquest:
My dear brother i feel your pain same also implies here but the truth is the education you get nowadays is from the pictures,processes,calculations,techniques,dos and donts etc as for the cost hmmmmm you are asking for too much cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy how u want make dem chop nah
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by sako28: 3:49pm On Dec 09, 2015
kkonsults:
form work + reinforcement works

Good work sir,
Please how many bags of cement did you use for the Decking alone.

Thank you
Sako
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by scrollmeout(m): 7:11am On Dec 10, 2015
^^^^^^^I totally spree with Elvis. @ Richardquest. You implying that it is okay for contractors to inflate the cost of projects by hiking the cost of materials. I believed the reason for these threads is to educate people so they can avoid being ripped off by their builders.
It is hi time we as Nigerians stop believing that we must cheat others to "chop". When i know how much the whole projdct actually costs, i will be motivated to take that bold step!

1 Like

Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by princechigzy(m): 6:37pm On Dec 10, 2015
airsaylongcon:

Thank you! Someone here said 7 days. I asked cos I wanted to know how long the OP waited for the concrete to cure. The books I read said 28 days though. But I will be fine with at least 21 days for either decking or lintels and beams

Standard Concrete curing duration is 28 days to attain 25N/m strength for every kind of concrete work: Beam, Column, Slab e.t.c. Though the strength value differs depending on mix ratio and mix materials but a range of 23N/m to 25N/m is perfectly suitable to carry any kind of dead or life load in the entire construction.
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by kkonsults: 10:51pm On Dec 10, 2015
sako28:

Good work sir,
Please how many bags of cement did you use for the Decking alone.

Thank you
Sako
around 120 bags..
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by kkonsults: 11:18am On Dec 12, 2015
kkonsults
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by richardquest: 11:04am On Dec 16, 2015
I think you need to retake your waec and score atleat B3 in English before you qualify to type messages in ENGLISH. do yourself and your entire generation a favor before you disappoint the 94kobo your parents used to school you.

Go back and read my comments and judge whether am in support of contractors ripping off clients or am against such actions.

People like you are the ones that push this country to the door step of war. i can imagine someonelike you being the only person fortunate to complete JSS1 in your village and the igwe buys newspaper for you to read and tell the cabinet the content of the paper, you will turn the whole story upside down and pass wrong info.
scrollmeout:
^^^^^^^I totally spree with Elvis. @ Richardquest. You implying that it is okay for contractors to inflate the cost of projects by hiking the cost of materials. I believed the reason for these threads is to educate people so they can avoid being ripped off by their builders.
It is hi time we as Nigerians stop believing that we must cheat others to "chop". When i know how much the whole projdct actually costs, i will be motivated to take that bold step!
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by kkonsults: 11:36am On Dec 18, 2015
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by kkonsults: 3:14pm On Dec 29, 2015
compliments t the season..
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by scrollmeout(m): 7:41am On Jan 01, 2016
^^^^^^^ Normally I wouldn't bother dignifying you with a reply but since I'm in a good mood today I'll make an exception in your case. Even the blind can see that you are a very pained individual, thanks to the anonymity that Nairaland provides your ilk, you would rather hide behind a barely charged techno phone and insult people you may never get to meet or even greet in your sad life. I say this because I can see its your habit to insult others any time your wife beats you (that is if you can afford to keep one).
See you can teach English, yet you insult your generation, do you even know what a generation is?

I wonder what people like you would teach their children? That if someone disagrees with you, you go ahead to insult them. I bet even if they followed your wicked advice, they won't be so cowardly.

Just because someone has a dissenting view, made without insulting you, you spew thrash allover. I don't need to prove anything to you, heck, I didn't even see you worthy to be quoted. Don't ever pick a fight with me, now go back to your sandbox and play, better yet, eat sand while you are at it, infant! Just because you just saw your WAEC result after several resits you see it as a basis for comparison?
Kkconsult, abeg no vex for derailing your thread

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by twinskenny(m): 8:15am On Jan 01, 2016
kkonsults:
compliments t the season..
happy new year sir.. great year IJN. hope to work with you this year sir grin
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by kkonsults: 5:11pm On Jan 01, 2016
twinskenny:
happy new year sir.. great year IJN. hope to work with you this year sir grin
thank you very much.... I wish u the same.
we shall work together this year by the grace of God..
cheers
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by kkonsults: 3:04pm On Jan 04, 2016
kkonsults
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by kkonsults: 3:37pm On Jan 05, 2016
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by kkonsults: 10:21am On Jan 07, 2016
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by sgtkole: 10:46am On Jan 07, 2016
[quote author=kkonsults post=41681104][/quote]

Oga Konsults more grease to your elbow... Sir I would like to consult with you o. I have an upcoming project. Thanks in advance
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by kkonsults: 1:28pm On Jan 07, 2016
sgtkole:

Oga Konsults more grease to your elbow... Sir I would like to consult with you o. I have an upcoming project. Thanks in advance
thank you Sir....
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by kkonsults: 10:43pm On Jan 13, 2016
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by kkonsults: 5:25pm On Jan 17, 2016
happy weekend..
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by kino47: 6:18pm On Jan 17, 2016
have scrolled you out
scrollmeout:
^^^^^^^ Normally I wouldn't bother dignifying you with a reply but since I'm in a good mood today I'll make an exception in your case. Even the blind can see that you are a very pained individual, thanks to the anonymity that Nairaland provides your ilk, you would rather hide behind a barely charged techno phone and insult people you may never get to meet or even greet in your sad life. I say this because I can see its your habit to insult others any time your wife beats you (that is if you can afford to keep one).
See you can teach English, yet you insult your generation, do you even know what a generation is?

I wonder what people like you would teach their children? That if someone disagrees with you, you go ahead to insult them. I bet even if they followed your wicked advice, they won't be so cowardly.

Just because someone has a dissenting view, made without insulting you, you spew thrash allover. I don't need to prove anything to you, heck, I didn't even see you worthy to be quoted. Don't ever pick a fight with me, now go back to your sandbox and play, better yet, eat sand while you are at it, infant! Just because you just saw your WAEC result after several resits you see it as a basis for comparison?
Kkconsult, abeg no vex for derailing your thread
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by sgtkole: 8:44pm On Jan 18, 2016
i will send you a mail shortly

kkonsults:

thank you Sir....
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by kkonsults: 11:46pm On Jan 18, 2016
sgtkole:
i will send you a mail shortly

message received and treated.
k..
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by kkonsults: 7:32pm On Jan 23, 2016
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by kkonsults: 10:38am On Jan 25, 2016
Goodday
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by Horlawoomey(m): 10:50am On Jan 25, 2016
kkonsults:
Goodday

Good day sir,I am a recent graduate with HND in Civil Engineering, I have up to two years working experience in the construction and real estate sector and finished my NYSC last October.I am proficient in the use of AutoCAD for drafting, Microsoft office packages, social network platforms, site supervision, quantity estimation and I can communicate orally and verbally.I just need an opportunity to be in the industry in order to gain more experienceand not to stay idle. I won't mind little financial assistance though.I can be reached on 0813 513 4212 or huthman27@gmail.com for my RESUME.
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by kkonsults: 4:54pm On Feb 05, 2016
Horlawoomey:

Good day sir,I am a recent graduate with HND in Civil Engineering, I have up to two years working experience in the construction and real estate sector and finished my NYSC last October.I am proficient in the use of AutoCAD for drafting, Microsoft office packages, social network platforms, site supervision, quantity estimation and I can communicate orally and verbally.I just need an opportunity to be in the industry in order to gain more experienceand not to stay idle. I won't mind little financial assistance though.I can be reached on 0813 513 4212 or huthman27@gmail.com for my RESUME.
send your resume to our email.. we'll contact you once there's an opening.
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by Horlawoomey(m): 5:21pm On Feb 05, 2016
kkonsults:

send your resume to our email.. we'll contact you once there's an opening.

Thanks so much for your concern, the Resume has been sent.
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by kkonsults: 2:08pm On Mar 30, 2016
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by kkonsults: 4:53pm On Apr 04, 2016

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos / The Most Expensive House In Nigeria / Two Nigerians In Dublin Fight Their Landlord Who Wanted To Evict Them (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.