Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,524 members, 7,826,966 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats (60034 Views)

DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] / A 5bedroom Bungalow On 5plots Of Land In Osogbo / Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by Exodus2k(m): 8:06am On Aug 30, 2014
A good job and well informed projects

kudos to kkonsult
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by SavageGarden(m): 8:43am On Aug 30, 2014
[color=#990000][/color] I can't thank you enough for sharing this with us its totally nice..I'm currently an IT student I'm an intern at a very reputable firm at Utako Abuja..I've been on site and I noticed that they dodn't use that nylon to cover the surface of the wood frame on which the slab would rest on..and the water sips down below..does it have any effects on the strenght of the slab as the water is not retained?
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by inze(m): 8:53am On Aug 30, 2014
I can't thank you enough for sharing this with us its totally nice..I'm currently an IT student I'm an intern at a very reputable firm at Utako Abuja..I've been on site and I noticed that they dodn't use that nylon to cover the surface of the wood frame on which the slab would rest on..and the water sips down below..does it have any effects on the strenght of the slab as the water is not retained?[/quote]

I believe it does,

There is a required quantity/mixture of all cement, sand and water to make a quality slab and when one of its "ingredient" is reduced you won't get the same quality.
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by ifeanyi83(m): 9:35am On Aug 30, 2014
kkonsults: Plumbing works

...nice block cutting, a little advice brother, work on your branding, get your workmen to be properly kitted. it helps.
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by adanny01(m): 9:44am On Aug 30, 2014
SavageGarden: [color=#990000][/color] I can't thank you enough for sharing this with us its totally nice..I'm currently an IT student I'm an intern at a very reputable firm at Utako Abuja..I've been on site and I noticed that they dodn't use that nylon to cover the surface of the wood frame on which the slab would rest on..and the water sips down below..does it have any effects on the strenght of the slab as the water is not retained?

1. The runoff water goes with a considerable part of the binder (cement).

2. The runoff water washes away sharp sand with it leaving inconsistencies that look like honey combs and sometimes removing what is supposed to be the concrete cover to conduit pipes, rebars etc

3. The polythene creates a desirable smoother concrete surface although not effective for bonding of rendering.
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by airsaylongcon: 9:57am On Aug 30, 2014

3 Likes

Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by moyinoluwabun(m): 10:54am On Aug 30, 2014
You've just won urself a contract from me. Just pray that God provides for me, then I can think of building a house. Very good work u're doing here.
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by tandj: 10:59am On Aug 30, 2014
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by topsy23: 11:13am On Aug 30, 2014
airsaylongcon: I planning on building a house within the next 18months. I have a very very big problem though, almost all the houses built in Nigeria today are NOT straight. Walls bent, Lintels crooked, roofs patched, angles all wrong. This is in contrast to houses built say in the 70s or 60s which where relatively straight. I recently saw a left over block that was used in building a house in the 70s. The block still dey kamkpe/kampe.

My question is how can one build an affordable house in which attention has been paid to the detail of finishing in which everything looks aesthetically pleasing?

Sir, you are in the right place. Kkonsult will give you what you want. You can see from his lovely design and he has been doing well in the field also. You will surely get your dream house from him.

Our own service is Electrical and Mechanical design and installation.

You can also visit our thread: https://www.nairaland.com/1233943/contact-us-electrical-mechanical-plumbing/9
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by Bigwig1: 2:40pm On Aug 30, 2014
Gud day bro,well done for d nyc job u doin. Just want to know dis medium to tel u abt our coy we into kitchen nd wardrobes. Kindly reach me on dis no.08185921735 wen u get to dat stage. Tanx Samuel.
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by Bigwig1: 2:45pm On Aug 30, 2014
Gud day bro,well done for d nyc job u doin. Just want to use dis medium to tel u abt our coy we into kitchen nd wardrobes. Kindly reach me on dis no.08185921735 wen u get to dat stage. Tanx Samuel.
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by justifeany: 3:22pm On Aug 30, 2014
do you hav office in abj?
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by SavageGarden(m): 3:39pm On Aug 30, 2014
adanny01:

2. The runoff water washes away sharp sand with it leaving inconsistencies that look like honey combs and sometimes removing what is supposed to be the concrete cover to conduit pipes, rebars etc

3. The polythene creates a desirable smoother concrete surface although not effective for bonding of rendering.
Thank you very much for the reply..it really helped...
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by Sconty09(m): 3:42pm On Aug 30, 2014
Dear architect,

kindly send me your mobile nos and do you have skype?
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by Nobody: 3:57pm On Aug 30, 2014
Dis is so inspiring..on a norm, wen I sight a beautiful house..I wuld exclaim "ωσω" bt building it alone nd wit dis pictures I'm seeing?! I wuld say "ѕυρєя ωσω" it needs a whole lotsa sense 2 come up with something like dis. Thumbs up 2 d brainy work behind dis cool

1 Like

Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by dellaziz(m): 4:07pm On Aug 30, 2014
kkonsults:
#2.25m
excuse me... u mean d decking alone... or u mean d decking and the ground floor structure
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by kkonsults: 4:32pm On Aug 30, 2014
Sconty09: Dear architect,

kindly send me your mobile nos and do you have skype?
Email: kkonsults@yahoo.co
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by kkonsults: 4:33pm On Aug 30, 2014
Sexipea: Dis is so inspiring..on a norm, wen I sight a beautiful house..I wuld exclaim "ωσω" bt building it alone nd wit dis pictures I'm seeing?! I wuld say "ѕυρєя ωσω" it needs a whole lotsa sense 2 come up with something like dis. Thumbs up 2 d brainy work behind dis cool
Thank you.
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by kkonsults: 4:35pm On Aug 30, 2014
Bigwig1: Gud day bro,well done for d nyc job u doin. Just want to know dis medium to tel u abt our coy we into kitchen nd wardrobes. Kindly reach me on dis no.08185921735 wen u get to dat stage. Tanx Samuel.
Kindly send Pictures of your works to kkonsults@yahoo.com
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by kkonsults: 4:51pm On Aug 30, 2014
airsaylongcon: I planning on building a house within the next 18months. I have a very very big problem though, almost all the houses built in Nigeria today are NOT straight. Walls bent, Lintels crooked, roofs patched, angles all wrong. This is in contrast to houses built say in the 70s or 60s which where relatively straight. I recently saw a left over block that was used in building a house in the 70s. The block still dey kamkpe/kampe.

My question is how can one build an affordable house in which attention has been paid to the detail of finishing in which everything looks aesthetically pleasing?
Sir, with Close supervision and a dedicated work team which is our major strongpoint, all those issues are addressed.

K...
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by kkonsults: 4:54pm On Aug 30, 2014
adanny01:

Thanks.
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by tlops(m): 6:12pm On Aug 30, 2014
Good one!
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by IdJack(m): 4:38am On Aug 31, 2014
Thumb up.. welldone Kkonsults.

Please us know the total amount...maybe I can also plan toward it soonest
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by kkonsults: 8:05am On Aug 31, 2014
AdeniyiA:
i thought it's only two blocks topin after lintels. are there exceptions?
There's no specific no of blocks after the lintel sir, 2 is ok as well as 3, 4, 5. Preference, cost as well as other factors considering ceiling fan, P.o.P etc

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by AdeniyiA(m): 9:48am On Aug 31, 2014
kkonsults:
There's no specific no of blocks after the lintel sir, 2 is ok as well as 3, 4, 5. Preference, cost as well as other factors considering ceiling fan, P.o.P etc
thanks
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by kkonsults: 9:58am On Aug 31, 2014
Simeontaiwo: sir i ave been fllwing u for some tym nw nd u ave helped mi alot in my desigh in school pls sir d 3D desigh cn u pls tell mi d software you used
We used REVIT for the 3D sir.
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by Nobody: 11:48am On Aug 31, 2014

An astute observation and one that piques my interest.

Some of the finished products that I've seen (not on this job site) would be disturbing to me.

OP, can you get your guys decent ladders? I think if they are working from a safe platform they will be focused and do more quality work. Just an opinion.

Buy this once and you're done. Never rusts, no needs to waste wood and nails.

For gods sakes I don't sell ladders just sharing.

Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by kkonsults: 11:56am On Aug 31, 2014
COMING SOON:
Our next Project - Mini Flats

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

The Most Expensive House In Nigeria / Two Nigerians In Dublin Fight Their Landlord Who Wanted To Evict Them (Video) / Nigerian Landlord Found Prepaid Meters In A Village in Ghana (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.