Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,748 members, 7,824,153 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats - Properties (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats (60025 Views)

DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] / A 5bedroom Bungalow On 5plots Of Land In Osogbo / Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by airsaylongcon: 5:29pm On Sep 01, 2014
CityNG:

An astute observation and one that piques my interest.

Some of the finished products that I've seen (not on this job site) would be disturbing to me.

OP, can you get your guys decent ladders? I think if they are working from a safe platform they will be focused and do more quality work. Just an opinion.

Buy this once and you're done. Never rusts, no needs to waste wood and nails.

For gods sakes I don't sell ladders just sharing.

I see we share an eye for detail. That ladder and several other building equipments are capital investments. Buy once use across several projects.

At op good supervision with bad tools will be fetching water with a basket. Not a criticism of your work.

Also just for my knowledge, do we still cure blocks for 28 days in Nigeria? Real proper curing with the blocks covered with tarpaulin and watered every day? Do we use engineered wood (construction grade plywood) in formwork in d country?

Good concept of putting nylon on the formwork for d decking... It keeps the water in d concrete long enough ideally for 28 days

PS: I am not a civil engineer or building technologist (I work in IT) but my old-school grandpa was a builder and growing up, dat man used us as free labour to cure his blocks

1 Like

Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by kkonsults: 5:24pm On Sep 03, 2014
topping the blocks after the lintel

Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by kkonsults: 5:41pm On Sep 03, 2014
kkonsults: topping the blocks after the lintel

Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by cooldudeng(m): 5:22am On Sep 04, 2014
@kkconsult

please. What's the size of the decking?
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by kkonsults: 8:58am On Sep 05, 2014
Front View and Dining Arch

Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by kkonsults: 11:07am On Sep 05, 2014
kkonsults: Front View and Dining Arch

Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by kkonsults: 11:42am On Sep 05, 2014
Men at Work,
The Gate House.

Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by kkonsults: 2:27pm On Sep 05, 2014
cooldudeng: @kkconsult

please. What's the size of the decking?

11 x 25m.
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by justlikedat: 5:35am On Sep 06, 2014
kkonsults: The Existing Structure and Proposed Design.
Good design. But can i see the interior? A job is awaiting you. mail it to: naijaoildeal@yahoo.com
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by kkonsults: 1:36pm On Sep 06, 2014
justlikedat:
Good design. But can i see the interior? A job is awaiting you. mail it to: naijaoildeal@yahoo.com
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by kkonsults: 1:22pm On Sep 09, 2014
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by kkonsults: 4:12pm On Sep 09, 2014

1 Like

Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by kkonsults: 6:11pm On Sep 09, 2014
more pix, getting ready for parapet and roofing

Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by kkonsults: 6:33pm On Sep 09, 2014
kkonsults: more pix, getting ready for parapet and roofing

Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by segcymoor(m): 7:33pm On Sep 09, 2014
kkonsults: We commenced to Pouring the concrete mix
Weldone so far. However, I ve an observation. Please what is the size of reinforcement used for suspended slab beam ?
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by kkonsults: 9:15am On Sep 10, 2014
progress so far.

Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by twinskenny(m): 10:48am On Sep 10, 2014
good job sir, i hope you still have us in mind>

Thank you
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by kkonsults: 1:11am On Sep 11, 2014
the gate house, we are currently at lintel stage.

Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by kkonsults: 11:19am On Sep 11, 2014
kkonsults: the gate house, we are currently at lintel stage.

Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by NL1960: 11:49am On Sep 11, 2014
kkonsults: the gate house, we are currently at lintel stage.

Oga kkonsults, iam thinking of building something like this to be used as kitchen by my mom before she starts thinking using firewood inside the kitchen i have in my project. Village people always prefer outside kitchen where they can use firewood to cook.

Please, is it possible to get an estimate of what it will take to complete especially the number of blocks and cement. Iam going to use zinc for the roofing.
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by scrollmeout(m): 3:02pm On Sep 11, 2014
Hello KK consults,

I have been following your thread with very keen interest. Good job. I have two questions
Firstly, do i assume the two flats on one side- 1 top, 1 bottom?
Secondly, do the residents of the flat have a separate access gate? because your initial 3D plan doesn't show this

Thanks
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by kkonsults: 7:47am On Sep 12, 2014
scrollmeout: Hello KK consults,

I have been following your thread with very keen interest. Good job. I have two questions
Firstly, do i assume the two flats on one side- 1 top, 1 bottom?
Secondly, do the residents of the flat have a separate access gate? because your initial 3D plan doesn't show this

Thanks
Yes, the flats are behind 1 up, 1 down,
The compound has one gate, but separate parking areas for the duplex and flats.
K...
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by kkonsults: 7:54am On Sep 12, 2014
NL1960:

Oga kkonsults, iam thinking of building something like this to be used as kitchen by my mom before she starts thinking using firewood inside the kitchen i have in my project. Village people always prefer outside kitchen where they can use firewood to cook.

Please, is it possible to get an estimate of what it will take to complete especially the number of blocks and cement. Iam going to use zinc for the roofing.
Dimension: 3.3 x 3.3m
320 blocks, 25 bags of cement.
The cement includes for blinding, blocksetting and lintel.
K..
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by NL1960: 10:31am On Sep 12, 2014
kkonsults:
Dimension: 3.3 x 3.3m
320 blocks, 25 bags of cement.
K..

Thanks.
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by kkonsults: 9:34pm On Sep 14, 2014
men at work, formwork for the gate house decking

Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by kkonsults: 7:29am On Sep 15, 2014
kkonsults: men at work, formwork for the gate house decking

Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by Onuokwu: 9:30am On Sep 15, 2014
NL1960:

Why not just raise blocks of say up to 3 feet and then position round metal rods by the corner to hold the zinc roof. I dont think using firewood will work in a fully walled house no matter the ventilation you put there. Meanwhile be sure not to do german flooring o as firewood cooking must be on sand. If it is charcoal cooking, then its a different matter as you can use those things the women wey de cook moi-moi for my area dey use.
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by NL1960: 10:23am On Sep 15, 2014
Onuokwu:

Why not just raise blocks of say up to 3 feet and then position round metal rods by the corner to hold the zinc roof. I dont think using firewood will work in a fully walled house no matter the ventilation you put there. Meanwhile be sure not to do german flooring o as firewood cooking must be on sand. If it is charcoal cooking, then its a different matter as you can use those things the women wey de cook moi-moi for my area dey use.

Thanks for this great idea. The only problem i see with this is that if it is raining and it is windy, the wind might blow the rain into the kitchen through the opened sides. Another idea is to fully the three sides and then make the front to have the raised blocks of about 3 feet. What do you think?.
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by kkonsults: 2:02pm On Sep 15, 2014
precast parapet in process

Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by kkonsults: 2:10pm On Sep 15, 2014
kkonsults: precast parapet in process

Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by Onuokwu: 5:14pm On Sep 15, 2014
NL1960:

Thanks for this great idea. The only problem i see with this is that if it is raining and it is windy, the wind might blow the rain into the kitchen through the opened sides. Another idea is to fully the three sides and then make the front to have the raised blocks of about 3 feet. What do you think?.

That is also a good idea.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

The Most Expensive House In Nigeria / Two Nigerians In Dublin Fight Their Landlord Who Wanted To Evict Them (Video) / Nigerian Landlord Found Prepaid Meters In A Village in Ghana (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.