Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,774 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:40 PM

The Wild Wild East- The Brigandry In The Eastern Nigeria Film Industry - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Wild Wild East- The Brigandry In The Eastern Nigeria Film Industry (10150 Views)

Nigeria’s Film Industry Reflects The Messy Process Of Nation Building / The Revolution In Nigeria Film (del York International) (new York Film Academy / Is Eric Nwadinobi The Best In The Nigeria Film World? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Wild Wild East- The Brigandry In The Eastern Nigeria Film Industry by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 22, 2014
kingingkinging:

With reference to the highlighted, do you mean home video or the name Nollywood or Film-making?

it is probably the word Nollywood that I know could have emanated from the Eastern part of Nigeria because film-making started with the likes of Hubert Ogunde in the Sixties, Ishola Ogunshola, Awada kerikeri, Baba Sala,etc

I could remember watching home videos in Yoruba films even before the 1992 first Igbo movie Living in Bondage by Nnebue.

read the interview below for more knowledge and information

http://www.nigeriafilms.com/news/10668/26/nnebue-produced-27-yoruba-films-before-living-in-b.html

Please do not give people wrong information.

Too much lies from our Igbo brothers and sisters.
hubert ogunde and ola balogun made movies in the 60s but were frustrated with the cost of movie production, nigeria movie industry didn't come to limelight until igbos introduced themselves into it. The "mean-business" mentality in nigeria movie industry today is an initiative of igbos, the 1st nigerian movie to attain international renown is osuofia in London which was purely an "englo-igbo" movie
Re: The Wild Wild East- The Brigandry In The Eastern Nigeria Film Industry by VillageBoi(m): 11:06am On Jul 22, 2014
customized13: hubert ogunde and ola balogun made movies in the 60s but were frustrated with the cost of movie production
And the cost of movie production today is still frustrating.

customized13: The "mean-business" mentality in nigeria movie industry today is an initiative of igbos, the 1st nigerian movie to attain international renown is osuofia in London which was purely an "englo-igbo" movie
People can take that 'mean business' in different ways... it's all business alone hence generally bad movies. Chop the audience by any means abi?

We Igbos and ALL Nigerians need to step up our filmmaking game. Period.
Re: The Wild Wild East- The Brigandry In The Eastern Nigeria Film Industry by Nobody: 11:12am On Jul 22, 2014
VillageBoi:
And the cost of movie production today is still frustrating.

People can take that 'mean business' in different ways... it's all business alone hence generally bad movies. Chop the audience by any means abi?

We Igbos and ALL Nigerians need to step up our filmmaking game. Period.
yap, I agree with you, I don't watch nigerian movies anyway.
Re: The Wild Wild East- The Brigandry In The Eastern Nigeria Film Industry by guyX(m): 11:34am On Jul 22, 2014
hayoakins:

I would have loved to deliver you from your brief madness but i would rather elongate it for you.

Eyin omo osi rada rada yi, a puto soro (im be cile)
Still, d phase "wild wild west" still sounds better.
I'm joking oh but u can still get angry. Datz ur biz
Re: The Wild Wild East- The Brigandry In The Eastern Nigeria Film Industry by Mitsurugi(m): 12:07pm On Jul 22, 2014
lynx200: I didn't want to respond to some of the immature posts going by the background check I did on most of the posters but I have been forced to comment. I put up a topic that could help bring attention to an illegality happening in a part of the country and all most of you can do is engage in ethnic bashing? No wonder nothing gets solved in this country. What a shame! Did any of you even read the article? There are issues in the film industry nationwide and I decided to bring out one and yet you all abandon the issue and chase fluff. In a time when most of the world is engaging in collaborations across different divides you are all being ethnic jingoists. I fear for the future of this country. cry

No one can take away the fact that the Nollywood phenomenon originated in the East but when such brigandry happen it stifles the whole movie industry in the East. Ever wondered why there are no good cinema films coming from the East? This is one reason. There are even many indigenes who want nothing to do with the industry and head to Lagos. If this continues there might not be any film industry in Eastern Nigeria any more. Those who I directed the issue at understand the issues at stake (thank you for your enlightened comments,you know yourselves) so I stand by my topic. Until we start facing the real issues in this country and taking responsibility instead of chasing shadows and blaming government officials (who are just a reflection of us as a people) and ethnicity this country is going nowhere.

That's why I am planning to shoot all my movies in the South West or South South. I schooled @UNEC and because of such nonsense at NAIKO HOTELS (The AGN HQ) or MACDAVOS, Enugu I was forced as a student to register with the tidy sum of N10,000 with the AGN headed by the late Pete Eneh and Steve Ajebo (that guy was nasty, same as all them actors always pretending... all they did was drink and smoke all day) and I never even got a role despite the fact that I spoke better English (was a Law student) than them all, intepreted the cameo roles satisfactorily and had previous stage and TV experience (it was worse considering the farce of an audition Charles Inojie orchestrated)... it was just a cabal thing, so I was later made to understand. If you tried to act or even shoot on the streets without being a member of their redundant posses, you are harassed and even assaulted by their militant wing aptly tagged "TASKFORCE". I just gave up went back to school. I now act as a Police Officer on Tinsel, and I am concluding plans to begin the shoot of my new movie despite the fact that I am no longer a member of the AGN or DGN. If I have to shoot in the East, I have a remedy, allow the TASKFORCE mess up and then simply sue the AGN and make three times more. AGN is just an idiotic organisation that has no idea what it was meant to do ab initio and in the East, they are just as clueless as they come. Check it... most mediocre Nollywood films are shot in the East and that is where you will find talentless, fading and dying actors who keep getting roles; I stand to be corrected. Oh well... grin

7 Likes

Re: The Wild Wild East- The Brigandry In The Eastern Nigeria Film Industry by odinma1: 12:25pm On Jul 22, 2014
customized13: hey, my brother, I just want you to know that your children will always be igbos, the will come and develop igboland, the only way you can enjoy your children is if you reside in southeast during your old age, if not, your children will neglect you like rags, the only way you can make it in life is if you continue to be igbo. grin grin grin grin ke kwanu nwanne.

Bia Nnana, this is becoming stale and boring. Abeg try another format. My children are Igbo- duh?? Get that fact into your head- I AM IGBO.True Nwafor, Born and Bred in Anambra State, if you dont like it, then lump it mate.

Anambra Adigo Mma cheesy cool cool
Re: The Wild Wild East- The Brigandry In The Eastern Nigeria Film Industry by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 22, 2014
odinma1:

Bia Nnana, this is becoming stale and boring. Abeg try another format. My children are Igbo- duh?? Get that fact into your head- I AM IGBO.True Nwafor, Born and Bred in Anambra State, if you dont like it, then lump it mate.

Anambra Adigo Mma cheesy cool cool
no, i like this format, your children shall get drown in river niger if they refuse to be igbos and if your grandchildren still refuse to be igbos (that's if you will get one b4 your children get drown), they are all perish in imo river. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Wild Wild East- The Brigandry In The Eastern Nigeria Film Industry by kingingkinging: 3:27pm On Jul 22, 2014
customized13: hubert ogunde and ola balogun made movies in the 60s but were frustrated with the cost of movie production, nigeria movie industry didn't come to limelight until igbos introduced themselves into it. The "mean-business" mentality in nigeria movie industry today is an initiative of igbos, the 1st nigerian movie to attain international renown is osuofia in London which was purely an "englo-igbo" movie

Keep deceiving yourself and the gullible, ' un-informed and ill-informed people ' with fake and poor statistics.

What I hate most about lies is that when they go too long unchallenged, they tend to have similitude of the truth and people will have no choice but to accept it as the truth whereas it is nothing but a lie.

How did you come about the highlighted submission?
Re: The Wild Wild East- The Brigandry In The Eastern Nigeria Film Industry by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jul 22, 2014
kingingkinging:

Keep deceiving yourself and the gullible, ' un-informed and ill-informed people ' with fake and poor statistics.

What I hate most about lies is that when they go too long unchallenged, they tend to have similitude of the truth and people will have no choice but to accept it as the truth whereas it is nothing but a lie.

being lazy is what i dont like, must you show the world that you are from a lazy tribe? you should take sometime to check it online before deciding to disgrace yourself.
Re: The Wild Wild East- The Brigandry In The Eastern Nigeria Film Industry by VillageBoi(m): 3:56pm On Jul 22, 2014
kingingkinging:

He's lifting all his points from Wikipedia of all places, which everyone knows can be so off point and even plain wrong... after all anyone, without check, could edit entries.
Besides Wikipedia actually states, "One of the first Nigerian movies to reach international renown was the 2003 release Osuofia In London"... Wiki NEVER claims it was the FIRST.
Re: The Wild Wild East- The Brigandry In The Eastern Nigeria Film Industry by prof800(m): 4:07pm On Jul 22, 2014
Mitsurugi:

That's why I am planning to shoot all my movies in the South West or South South. I schooled @UNEC and because of such nonsense at NAIKO HOTELS (The AGN HQ) or MACDAVOS, Enugu I was forced as a student to register with the tidy sum of N10,000 with the AGN headed by the late Pete Eneh and Steve Ajebo (that guy was nasty, same as all them actors always pretending... all they did was drink and smoke all day) and I never even got a role despite the fact that I spoke better English (was a Law student) than them all, intepreted the cameo roles satisfactorily and had previous stage and TV experience (it was worse considering the farce of an audition Charles Inojie orchestrated)... it was just a cabal thing, so I was later made to understand. If you tried to act or even shoot on the streets without being a member of their redundant posses, you are harassed and even assaulted by their militant wing aptly tagged "TASKFORCE". I just gave up went back to school. I now act as a Police Officer on Tinsel, and I am concluding plans to begin the shoot of my new movie despite the fact that I am no longer a member of the AGN or DGN. If I have to shoot in the East, I have a remedy, allow the TASKFORCE mess up and then simply sue the AGN and make three times more. AGN is just an idiotic organisation that has no idea what it was meant to do ab initio and in the East, they are just as clueless as they come. Check it... most mediocre Nollywood films are shot in the East and that is where you will find talentless, fading and dying actors who keep getting roles; I stand to be corrected. Oh well... grin
Very well said.

I'm sorry I just had to quote all this.
sad
Re: The Wild Wild East- The Brigandry In The Eastern Nigeria Film Industry by kobikwelu(m): 4:22pm On Jul 22, 2014
That being said, even though the OP had good intentions for the thread, your headline would only degenerate the issue into an ethnic mud pit.

There are ways to present an issue.
IF YOU WANT A HEALTHY DISCUSSION/DEBATE, WORD YOUR TOPIC IN A WAY THAT WOULD ATTRACT A RESPONSIBLE AUDIENCE...

CHIKENA

1 Like

Re: The Wild Wild East- The Brigandry In The Eastern Nigeria Film Industry by Smartlux(m): 9:29pm On Jul 22, 2014
IYANGBALI: wetin you dey brush?you still get teeth for mouth?
hahahahahahhahaha,,, no o
Re: The Wild Wild East- The Brigandry In The Eastern Nigeria Film Industry by Nobody: 2:01am On Jul 23, 2014
Fast forward six months later, nothing's changed; nairaland still crap, these mad people still exist! Why should this be the first topic i'd click on after my vacation.....? sad *sighs*

2 Likes

Re: The Wild Wild East- The Brigandry In The Eastern Nigeria Film Industry by Nobody: 2:02am On Jul 23, 2014
Re: The Wild Wild East- The Brigandry In The Eastern Nigeria Film Industry by VillageBoi(m): 5:20am On Jul 23, 2014
speedyboi: Fast forward six months later, nothing's changed; nairaland still crap, these mad people still exist! Why should this be the first topic i'd click on after my vacation.....? sad *sighs*

[size=18pt]SpeedyBoi!!!!![/size]
Re: The Wild Wild East- The Brigandry In The Eastern Nigeria Film Industry by prof800(m): 7:59am On Jul 23, 2014
speedyboi: Fast forward six months later, nothing's changed; nairaland still crap, these mad people still exist! Why should this be the first topic i'd click on after my vacation.....? sad *sighs*
speedyboi!!!
Re: The Wild Wild East- The Brigandry In The Eastern Nigeria Film Industry by VillageBoi(m): 8:21am On Jul 23, 2014
prof800:
speedyboi!!!
Teehee, I tell am say na so one good thing happened from the NL hack... the dead can rise!! BooYahh!!

Prof, if he runs away again we go catch am flog am well-well abi?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top 10 Best Vampires Ever (my Favourites) / Chimamanda's Novel "Americanah" Is Getting A Hollywood Adaptation! / What's The Difference Between A Film And A Home Video?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.