Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,002 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Kanu And Okocha Who Is More Famous? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kanu And Okocha Who Is More Famous? (2271 Views)

Lionel Messi Versus Okocha: Who Is The Best / Kanu And Okocha In The Transfer Market / Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kanu And Okocha Who Is More Famous? by ashleign: 11:19pm On Oct 11, 2008
We all know they are all famous but who is more famous?
Re: Kanu And Okocha Who Is More Famous? by chidipupay(m): 2:22pm On Oct 13, 2008
It is definately Kanu. Kanu has won everything euro has to offer. Uefa champions league.Super cup, he has featured in Uefa cup final, tell me which one has okocha featured apart from the first round of Uefa cup, kanu has played for big clubs when they were in their peak like Ajax,Inter,Arsenal etc while okocha was Franfurt,PSG,Fanerbache, Bolton etc. Kanu is more famours dan okocha the only nigerian played that has african footballer of thee year twice. the only Nigerian to have come out 6th in Fifa world best. and lots more
Re: Kanu And Okocha Who Is More Famous? by nwansk: 5:48pm On Oct 13, 2008
I concur with u, ther in basis 4 comparison btw. d 2.Kanu is d greatest footballer Nigeria has given d world
Re: Kanu And Okocha Who Is More Famous? by Jarus(m): 6:07pm On Oct 13, 2008
The question is who is more famous?, not who is the greater player?

From my own opinion, there is hardly any person around the world that knows Kanu that doesn't know Okocha. Recently somebody said he was in Germany, and immediately he was identified as a Nigerian, after the extra search and suspicion, teh next thingh was 'oh you are from Okocha's country'. In Iran and Mexico, it was the same experience'oh you are from Okocha's country'. Till today in Brazil, mere knowledge of you as a Nigerian triggers the statement 'oh from Kanu's country(remember kanu broke their hearts in Atlanta 96).

These two players are unarguably Nigeria's most famous the world, followed by maybe Mikel and Martins(for their CL appearnces).

There is hardly anybody that knows Kanu that doesn't know JJ, but if I'm to choose one, I'll say Kanu is more famous because I have observed that kanu is always listed among the likes of Etoo,Weah,Drogba, Essien anytime international sports analysts are giving examples of Africa's gift to world football. I have heard and read statements like ''Africa has come of age, producing great players like Et'oo,Drogba,Weah,Essien,Kanu, " from reputable sports commentators several times.
Re: Kanu And Okocha Who Is More Famous? by dayokanu(m): 6:13pm On Oct 13, 2008
I think Kanu is way ahead of Okocha.

Kanu played with the best in the world while Okocha was romancing minnows.

Kanu was a teammate of Ronaldo Lima, Thierry Henry, Seedorf, Davids, Rijkaard and many greats but who were jay jay teammates? Ali bernabia, Kevin Nolan, Pederson and those other idiots
Re: Kanu And Okocha Who Is More Famous? by biolabee(m): 6:24pm On Oct 13, 2008
champions league 1995
premiership 2002,2004
FA Cup 2002,2003,2008
2 time african player

does anyone need ask, ?
Re: Kanu And Okocha Who Is More Famous? by rubi(f): 6:27pm On Oct 13, 2008
For me I like the way jay jay okocha dribbles the ball in the field
Re: Kanu And Okocha Who Is More Famous? by Iyke4Real(m): 10:10pm On Oct 13, 2008
I dont think there is any comparison between Kanu and Okocha because Okocha has only won two titles which are the olympics gold medal and the 2004 nations cup but Kanu has won a lot of trophies like 3 FA cups,2 Premier league titles,an italian super cup,a champions league trophy and the 1996 atlanta olympics gold medal.
Re: Kanu And Okocha Who Is More Famous? by jennikadri: 10:11pm On Oct 13, 2008
atlast oby a.k.a poster.a.k.a kanus stalker has gotten replies for her post
Re: Kanu And Okocha Who Is More Famous? by Walexdinho(m): 10:44pm On Oct 13, 2008
kanu of cos, J.J is only palying ball for fun not to make name,

Re: Kanu And Okocha Who Is More Famous? by viceb: 1:48am On Oct 14, 2008
Both have made names for themselves in various angles. Kanu is for awards and turning around while J J is for pure entertainment football.
He makes his fans feel delighted with his skills.
Re: Kanu And Okocha Who Is More Famous? by Okaakoko(m): 7:14pm On Oct 16, 2008
They are both famous, it depends on the way and the angle in consideration. But as for me its J J. Majority oe this world love his skills
Re: Kanu And Okocha Who Is More Famous? by Okaakoko(m): 7:15pm On Oct 16, 2008
They are both famous, it depends on the way and the angle in consideration. But as for me its J J. Majority oe this world love his skills
Re: Kanu And Okocha Who Is More Famous? by Emperoh(m): 8:10pm On Oct 16, 2008
We are deviating a whole lot

It was asked, WHO IS MORE FAMOUS and not WHO IS THE MOST SUCCESSFUL??

I think Jayjay is the most famous locally but kanu is most famous internationally
Its quite a tight call though. But Kanu for what he has featured in.

(1) (Reply)

Which Of Last Season's Top 4 Premier League Team Has The Toughest Start? / Table Tennis Bats And Lawn Tennis Rackets For Sale / Arsenal Fc Fans Whatsapp Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.